SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Page 9 of 66 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 37 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Isabel123 Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:41 pm

ajax518 wrote:

snipped

Rachel has already introduce a new audience to the show. As an older Bachelorette, with older suitors and also being a person of color they know Rachel season has the opportunity to bring in a new audience and the highest ratings of any bachelorette season.

While the NBA finals were viewed by a larger audience than the Bachelorette. This season of the Bachelorette has increased viewership by more than other shows.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/broadcast-live-3-ratings-june-6-12-2016

The link provided pertains to Jojo's season ( June 2016) which got an average of 1.97 rating in the 18-49 Demo group, same average rating with Kaitlyn's season. Season 11 & 12 has higher rating than both season 10 and 13. Rachel season rating so far has only an average of 1.66 in the same Demo group, way lower despite all the promotions and guesting of big celebrities. See below ratings for Season 11, 12 & 13.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-bachelorette-season-11-ratings-36803/

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-bachelorette-season-12-ratings/

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/bachelorette-season-13-ratings/[/quote]
Isabel123
Isabel123

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Norcalgal Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:49 pm

To add to the excellent post by Ajax above, now that BIP is DOA (or even pre-arrival!), this season needs to be slam dunk successful more than ever. I think Rachel will deliver. She's not going to pull a Kailyn and spoil via SM. What role RS plays in the spoilers, I have no idea. I just love that we don't truly know!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5312

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:56 pm

So far the show is not bringing the highest ratings of any other bachelorette.

TPTB need to IMO show more interest, because so far there has been very little on their part.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71468

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:01 pm

@GuardianAngel IMO, they lost A LOT of momentum by taking that week off. They should have found a way to air on Sunday night for one week. That combined with the Paradise drama makes for a bad 3 weeks for TPTB. I fear Rach will take a bit of a ratings hit next week. They've gotta ramp up the promotion IMO. Release more teasers. Something to bring this season back to life a bit. All jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:10 pm

IMO, the week off and them not releasing new previews is part of the problem, but IMO thats not the only problem.  IMO, the whole season has dragged so far.  

I hate the to be continued episodes, especially with the MOT guys that just drag out the unnecessary OTT drama.  Whaboom could've gone much sooner, so could Lee, etc.  while drama and such brings ratings, when it's OTT and not funny, it makes me not want to watch.  And I doubt I'm the only one that feels that way.  All seasons have it, but they seem to be upping it each season, IMO.  And the more they do, the less I actually watch.

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:16 pm

The only thing that interests me this season is the sleuthing. I don't care for Rachel at all. I tried, but it isn't working.

IMO there was discussion early on about the lack of support or enthusiasm from producers. I feel it hasn't changed at all. Yes there's an issue with BIP but this show is still airing. We're only at epi 3. Whatever is happening there, has nothing to do with this show. Has anyone, MF Milsy, producers, heck even contestants tweeted anything or posted any SM about the next epi? Rachel herself doesn't even promote her season enough IMO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71468

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:19 pm

^agreed! The MOT guys need to go. There's way too many emphasis on the MOT guys than the Top 6 men that actually make it far. TBC leaves people feeling the show has no closure every week. I know I'm always annoyed. The previews for the following episodes are always centered on the drama with the MOT guys. It's just all around ridiculous. I keep thinking they're steering away from the love story and focusing on just the drama. I don't think the majority watch this show just for the drama between MOT guys, IMO.
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Rachel's season was always going to be lower IMO, and it is not just because of the OTT drama (re:chad, corinne). Some of the audience that mainly watch the bachelor shows cannot relate to Rachel and it is evident in her SM following and ratings. Even though black people are watching more than ever, just based on twitter, it cannot still make up for those that are not interested in watching her for one reason or the other.

The weird thing to me is that on SM, people are saying Rachel is one of the best or the best bachelorette ever and that they are enjoying this season but I wonder why it is not translating into ratings.
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:29 pm

Isn't the show doing well in the live+ 3 ratings..?

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:31 pm

Dessler wrote:Rachel's season was always going to be lower IMO, and it is not just because of the OTT drama (re:chad, corinne). Some of the audience that mainly watch the bachelor shows cannot relate to Rachel and it is evident in her SM following and ratings. Even though black people are watching more than ever, just based on twitter, it cannot still make up for those that are not interested in watching her for one reason or the other.

The weird thing to me is that on SM, people are saying Rachel is one of the best or the best bachelorette ever and that they are enjoying this season but I wonder why it is not translating into ratings.

I would hope it's not a race thing but I honestly think it's because Rachel wasn't a fan fave before getting the ette gig. She's also not SM savvy. I think if she were a fan fave and had those typical IGs that are click bait to follow she would have way more followers and better ratings. She's still killing it this season though. The editing and promo from the show side to me has been lackluster. They are not giving any content to make people want to tune in. It's been rather dull from their part. JMO
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:33 pm

It is not doing awful it is just that the first 2 episodes have been lower than the previous season. The last episode had 6 million viewing. I remember some of Des's and Jojo season having around 5 +million as well
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 pm

ajax518 wrote:

snipped

Rachel has already introduce a new audience to the show. As an older Bachelorette, with older suitors and also being a person of color they know Rachel season has the opportunity to bring in a new audience and the highest ratings of any bachelorette season.

snipped

I cannot find what I wrote about it anymore but for me Rachel was a true gem for the prods from the start. The same way I believe they have knowledge who they want as next bachelor and put them on their list, I think when Rachel showed up, she became top of their list. For few seasons, audience started to grumble about not having a lead of color. It started to look really bad so they needed to act. Jasmine was definitely not bachelorette material but oh gosh how much Rachel is/was. On every level they wanted/needed. She checked all the checklist and it was a done deal she would please the diverse audience too IMHO

Maybe, just maybe, we will have older contestants next season(s) too and more mature. I do not put my hopes high regarding less jokers but I can hope too eh?

I would not mind to see a bachelor of color, everyone but Eric.

Last edited by HEA on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 66 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 37 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

+100
richmondrose
everglow
appiah01
Billysmom
composer53
violetstoo
Seab21
TheWrongReasons
KK4
Nativenewyorker
likeashipblown