SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 27 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 27 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Storybook Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:07 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:It definitely will NOT be a good thing imo if Matty dumps the slow-burn at F2 especially if she is the favorite/underdog. 

Matty has already been promoting a slow-burn in the media so if he does this only to dump that person at F2 he will get a ton of backlash imo and more than any lead prior specifically because his whole story arc is based on him being a slow-burn F2 and so much heartbreak because of it.

No doubt to me Matty will be seen as heartless and hypocritical if he does what was done to him and the backlash will be more than last year combined.

This is one of the reasons I believe Elise will win. However, it is all about what the producers want to show us. Either way I can only see Matty getting backlash. If he dumps Laura who has opened up to him after having her heart broken = heartless Matty. If he dumps Elise, the slow burn = heartless Matty.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 27 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Just Looking Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:43 pm

IMO, any f2 = heartbreak

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:45 pm

I think it will be worse for Matty if he picks Laura and dumps slow-burn/underdog Elise. Not just because of underdogs being championed by media and audiences in general or because Matty himself was a slow-burn/undersog so how could he do what was done to him... but because of how the media is already making fun of Matty being on the "rebound" so essentially implying he's not over Georgia.

It's why the Georgia 2.0 story-line that TPTB began with in the first episode as well as media (TV week itself tweeting about Laura being Georgia 2.0... so taking away from her own identity and just making her into copy) imo is only continuing to push the storyline of Matty can't get over Georgia and on the rebound so much that he tried to pick a version of her. It's not a good look imo, especially post-show.

It's why I can already see post-show, the media constantly questioning Matty about his choice and his F1 will forever be seen as someone who is a version of the person Matty loved first - so basically 2.0 version seen as the second and never the first/original. Forever in the shadow of the past. Doesn't matter about "type", TPTB storyline they are pushing and that the media is using imo definitely will make it more difficult post-show or Matty and his F1 if it's Laura.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:48 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:It definitely will NOT be a good thing imo if Matty dumps the slow-burn at F2 especially if she is the favorite/underdog. 

Matty has already been promoting a slow-burn in the media so if he does this only to dump that person at F2 he will get a ton of backlash imo and more than any lead prior specifically because his whole story arc is based on him being a slow-burn F2 and so much heartbreak because of it.

No doubt to me Matty will be seen as heartless and hypocritical if he does what was done to him and the backlash will be more than last year combined.

I meant it may be a good thing for Georgia because people will see him as "just as bad" if you know what I mean.  I agree Matty will face a lot of heat if he dumps the slow burner, especially if she is a likeable Olympic sporting hero, which sleuthing suggests he might, IMO.  He must realise this IMO and perhaps that's why he had a freak out mid-season when he realised how things were panning out.  

I think the fact that he's promoting the slow burn so much in interviews is producer driven because they're desperate for something to counter-balance the fact that by all reports Matty couldn't hide his feelings for the F1.  If they're going to have any shot at a suspenseful ending they need the F2 storyline to be convincing and the preseason focus on the slow burn is geared towards that IMO.

It could be very painful to watch though. I can't stop thinking about Elise's Black Heart tweet. hmmm

Last edited by Bobette on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:51 pm

@allaboutlove ..... :claphands regarding your posts as to why it is in Matty's interest to pick the slow burn.

I have said it many times; I could care less who he picks....but when Matty has been going to media interviews and teasing the underdog / slow-burn person which the general masses are yet to figure out and only for him to dump this person at FRC....only one word comes to my mind.... "callous". Might as well zip his mouth and let the edit play out and for him not to keep teasing this person who the general masses would never figure out by themselves IMHO.

I have listened to every interview Matty has done and he unsolicidedly brought this underdog / slow burn person up....so about time he shuts his down if that's not who he picked....all jmho.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:53 pm

Just Looking wrote:IMO, any f2 = heartbreak

IA that any F2 = heartbreak. However, depending on who the F2 is and if they are the fan favorite over the F1, then it's the Lead who gets the backlash. 

It's why I don't buy that any F2 equals the same backlash for the lead. If Nikki had been F1 instead of Alex, Richie would not have had the backlash he did. 

So if Matty's F2 is the fan favorite, there is no way he won't get backlash imo. And if that F2 is slow-burn? The backlash will be even greater considering he has been there himself and so even more audiences would expect him to not dump a slow-burn at F2.

jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:55 pm

mercieme wrote:@allaboutlove ..... :claphands regarding your posts as to why it is in Matty's interest to pick the slow burn.

I have said it many times; I could care less who he picks....but when Matty has been going to media interviews and teasing the underdog / slow-burn person which the general masses are yet to figure out and only for him to dump this person at FRC....only one word comes to my mind.... "callous". Might as well zip his mouth and let the edit play out and for him not to keep teasing this person who the general masses would never figure out by themselves IMHO.

I have listened to every interview Matty has done and he unsolicidedly brought this underdog / slow burn person up....so about time he shuts his down if that's not who he picked....all jmho.

The thing is @mercieme, I think TPTB are pulling the puppet strings and he's been told exactly what to say - I expect he'd rather zip his mouth and skip the grilling but that's not what he's being paid for.

I take everything that comes out of the Lead's mouth with a grain of salt and this season seems especially contrived/scripted so far IMO, not just what we are seeing on screen but in interviews as well.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:56 pm

I wish tptb did't put the georgia 2.0 in and instead just went with DM article from pre season regarding Laura looking like Kate Middelton or nothing at all and just let Laura shine on her own merits .....jmo
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:58 pm

@mercieme spot on imo Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 27 4256136633

Matty pushing for a slow-burn for F1 and that slow-burn is F2? Then Matty is essentially revving up TPTB bus that will drive over him.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:59 pm

Bobette wrote:

I meant it may be a good thing for Georgia because people will see him as "just as bad" if you know what I mean.  I agree Matty will face a lot of heat if he dumps the slow burner, especially if she is a likeable Olympic sporting hero, which sleuthing suggests he might, IMO.  He must realise this IMO and perhaps that's why he had a freak out mid-season when he realised how things were panning out.  

I think the fact that he's promoting the slow burn so much in interviews is producer driven because they're desperate for something to counter-balance the fact that by all reports Matty couldn't hide his feelings for the F1.  If they're going to have any shot at a suspenseful ending they need the F2 storyline to be convincing and the preseason focus on the slow burn is geared towards that IMO.

It could be very painful to watch though.  I can't stop thinking about Elise's Black Heart tweet. hmmm

Me Too!!! this makes me think back to her tweet regarding that she was moving to Sydney pre season tweet...and she sounded happy???? are they playing us?? Hugesmile
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:01 pm

I am sorry....there are some winnable battles with the producers and not triggering the slow burn / underdog is one of those IMO....quite different from the battle of keeping an MOT villain for entertainment wihch no lead should ever fight. Not all leads lose their integrity filming this show....there is a reason they keep saying Sam W is the gold standard....hmmm....I wonder why, he even made an unpopular choice to let the fan favorite go by sticking to his gun, he got the backlash initially but he was smart enough to know the masses would come around with his ultimate choice of the single mum and not drag the fan favorite to F2....jmho.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:05 pm

@LeapofFaith......the first black heart Elise used was to say "i love you" to her friend Cheryl as seen on this IG post...then on the same post she responded to her bestie with the "black heart" and the "rose". I don't care what she puts out there, her SM is vey suspect to me and I will keep watching her as a hawk....laugh out loud
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXAVtD-BZBc/?taken-by=_cherida&hl=en

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+41
lightredemption
Zaynab
Skeppy
Emayem
Loulou
Schnitty4lyf
BlueJeans
dolcimumma
Miyala
Enough
Sundy