SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 68 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:47 pm

mercieme wrote:Exactly @allaboutlove, I was really surprised when I read on here that the general audience is not expecting Tara to be F1. I was wondering if we were all looking at the same SM postings from the general audience which are clearly in favor of Tara as F1 for now IMO.

Yes I think we must be seeing different things then because what I see is people are assuming it's all over red rover and Laura has had it in the bag since night 1. They may want Tara to be F1, but I see very few people actually expecting it.

What I see when I look at the FB page are lots of comments along the lines of "I think he should choose [Tara or Elise or Lisa] but I think he'll pick Laura." And look at the radio interviews from yesterday - Laura is widely presumed to be F1, IMO.

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 KNgHMCv
Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 AKSSnAB

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by brownravens Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:48 pm

I have no doubt Aussies love Tara - she's the quintessential Aussie girl IMO. Funny, honest and a bit of a unco dork.
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:50 pm

Storybook wrote:
mercieme wrote:Exactly @allaboutlove, I was really surprised when I read on here that the general audience is not expecting Tara to be F1. I was wondering if we were all looking at the same SM postings from the general audience which are clearly in favor of Tara as F1 for now IMO.

I have analysed Matty and Tara's single date. IMO it was superficial. Matty said how Tara can make life fun. Matty brought up the topic of Tara's family and they talked about that for a while. Then in the VO Matty said their date confirmed how she (Tara) still feels. He said not a word about how his feelings. And of course Matty made the obligatory complimentary comments and said he viewed Tara as someone who is beautiful inside and out.

@Storybook......IA with you and we are sleuthers so we analyze the little details; the general public on the other hand go with relatability IMO; some thing as as bland as "i like this person so I want them to be F1". AAL's post in the episode thread IMO elaborates better on how the audience approaches who they want as F1.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Bobette wrote:

Yes I think we must be seeing different things then because what I see is people are assuming it's all over red rover and Laura has had it in the bag since night 1.  They may want Tara to be F1, but I see very few people actually expecting it.  

What I see when I look at the FB page are lots of comments along the lines of "I think he should choose [Tara or Elise or Lisa] but I think he'll pick Laura."  And look at the radio interviews from yesterday - Laura is widely presumed to be F1, IMO.

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 KNgHMCv
Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 68 AKSSnAB

Source

I think this is yet again a case where we will have to agree to disagree. There are 288 comments on that post you are showing and you posted 9 comments that reflect your opinion that majority think Laura is F1. IMO the majority of the comments on the show FB and IG want Tara as F1 but it's all good Smiley And I really don't care what the media thinks. According to the media, Nikki and Heather would have been F1 on their respective seasons with the coverage they gave them IMO.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:58 pm

I also see while many people do state Laura as being the winner, most do so reluctantly. Laura is not well liked. Tara is lots of fun and she makes Matty laugh and people like that quality in her and love her and want her to win.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:06 pm

mercieme wrote:

I think this is yet again a case where we will have to agree to disagree. There are 288 comments on that post you are showing and you posted 9 comments that reflect your opinion that majority think Laura is F1. IMO the majority of the comments on the show FB and IG want Tara as F1 but it's all good Smiley And I really don't care what the media thinks. According to the media, Nikki and Heather would have been F1 on their respective seasons with the coverage they gave them IMO.

@mercieme I think you're missing my point.  I agree people WANT Tara to be F1, but I don't think the majority EXPECT her to be F1.  IMO people overwhelmingly expect Laura to be F1.  But if you're seeing something different then yes, agree to disagree.  yes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:08 pm

I think when it comes to what audiences "expect" vs what they "want" hands-down every time what audiences "want" is more important.

Last season lots of audience around this time "expected" Lee to win. By the end audiences "wanted" Matty to win (despite the countless media articles and SM comments that Matty would be Nikki 2.0 they still "wanted" him to win). 

What audiences "want" is what drives the show imo. 

It's why the OTT narrative of Laura (both on the show and by media) has already bored lots of audiences already and imo only has helped to push audiences to "want" something else (ie, increased investment in Tara). 

Audiences aren't invested in what they "expect" imo they are invested in what they "want" to have happen.

In this case, while I think audiences may expect Laura to win, they want Tara to win and that's where their investment lies. If Tara leaves and Elise takes her place for what audience want to have happen then that will show where their investment lies.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:11 pm

@allaboutlove, I was just about to copy your post over from the episode thread where you explained beautifully as to why what the audience wants is what matters. And that is what I have read overwhelmingly on SM; I don't see the other side of what is expected compared to what is wanted....jmho.

But thanks for re-articulating what you said before again in this thread yes

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by dolcimumma Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:21 pm

It's just so hard this season to see clearly who F1 will be IMO but the way he kisses Elise on the side of the head in the season preview at the beginning of Episode 1 is just such an intimate thing IMO and how she isn't all over us like a typical F1.  Also the way Laura is so EVERYWHERE and in our faces makes me think Laura isn't F1. I keep thinking about what my hubby said that they totally would have encouraged him to hold off taking Elise on any dates until later and that they totally would keep the F1 hidden until the middle of the season.  Maybe they are going with a storyline of once all the drama is out of the way i.e. Leah & Jen then he can concentrate on his journey for love?? Maybe with all the drama at the beginning  he couldn't see clearly how right Elise is for him.  Who knows it's worth a guess:giggling:

dolcimumma

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:22 pm

I seriously don't understand the production view point of Laura - why are they pushing her so hard. She's done interviews and been extremely overexposed from a media perspective. If she's the winner why are they making her front and centre now. After all reality TV is about the unexpected anyways...
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by dolcimumma Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:23 pm

He also said they would get lots of feedback and take that into consideration so maybe after Niki and Matty people were saying they want to see the dark horse win for once!!

dolcimumma

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyGotBach Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:31 pm

I like Tara she is very funny. To me she is a comedic relief with all this dra-mahh. Though i still only see Matty being into Laura. I can see how Elise goes far. Matty says they are similar, and obviously both seem very much into sport, IMO though if i was Elise i wouldn't put up with him. If he couldn't see how amazing she was at the beginning i would be like see ya. :Bendog
BabyGotBach
BabyGotBach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+41
lightredemption
Zaynab
Skeppy
Emayem
Loulou
Schnitty4lyf
BlueJeans
dolcimumma
Miyala
Enough
Sundy