SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 69 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:43 pm

These comments I have seen a lot of. Which is why they tell me audiences overall are NOT invested in Laura and Matty (sure there are some but not overrall imo). In fact, the very comment below that Laura winning "makes me lose interest" is a comment I've seen a lot of for SM (and which shows me it's the hope that someone else wins that is driving their investment to watch). 

While Laura may be who audiences expect to win, based on these types of comments, it is not who audiences want to win going by the fact that top FB comments have been either negative or neutral about Laura this season - which never happens for a fan favorite (they may have negative/neutral comments but they're never top FB comments).

This is why past seasons have had backlash endings... because the F1 was not the fan favorite. Because the F1 was not who the overall audience "wanted" even if they didn't expect their fave to win that's who they wanted to win.

What these comments below show me is an audience who is bracing themselves for their favorite to not win. That's the opposite of being invested in the F1 or final couple. It's what drives backlash against F1s and the lead. It's been proven time and time again. jmo

Bobette wrote:Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 69 AKSSnABBachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 69 KNgHMCv
Source
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:10 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:These comments I have seen a lot of. Which is why they tell me audiences overall are NOT invested in Laura and Matty (sure there are some but not overrall imo). In fact, the very comment below that Laura winning "makes me lose interest" is a comment I've seen a lot of for SM (and which shows me it's the hope that someone else wins that is driving their investment to watch). 

While Laura may be who audiences expect to win, based on these types of comments, it is not who audiences want to win going by the fact that top FB comments have been either negative or neutral about Laura this season - which never happens for a fan favorite (they may have negative/neutral comments but they're never top FB comments).

This is why past seasons have had backlash endings... because the F1 was not the fan favorite. Because the F1 was not who the overall audience "wanted" even if they didn't expect their fave to win that's who they wanted to win.

What these comments below show me is an audience who is bracing themselves for their favorite to not win. That's the opposite of being invested in the F1 or final couple. It's what drives backlash against F1s and the lead. It's been proven time and time again. jmo

Bobette wrote:Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 69 AKSSnABBachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 69 KNgHMCv
Source

Thanks @AllAboutLove, the bolded is exactly what I was driving at.  thumbsup
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by dolcimumma Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:12 pm

The other thing that is really bugging me is why would they use the Matty & Georgia music for Laura?  Why would he want that in his love story?  Surely they would have their own  "new music".  Doesn't add up for me because he wants to move on and having the same music doesn't really fit with that.

dolcimumma

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:20 pm

@Bobette yeah. Thing is, who the audiences want to win and the hope that maybe, just maybe, that contestant will win, is what drives the audiences to watch. 

Speaking for myself personally, the majority of seasons I've sleuthed the contestant I like the most is not the one I expect to win. 

In fact, it is very rare that the contestant I like and want to win is the contestant I expect to win (I can count maybe 3 or 4 times in over 40 different seasons I've watched where the contestant I want to win is the contestant I expect to win and actually wins). 

So for me, I expect Laura to win. I am just not invested if Laura does win. From what I can tell from SM, the general audience is the same and is watching in the hopes of someone else winning. I am sleuthing likewise but that's because if I don't I'd be super bored.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:46 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:@Bobette yeah. Thing is, who the audiences want to win and the hope that maybe, just maybe, that contestant will win, is what drives the audiences to watch. 

Speaking for myself personally, the majority of seasons I've sleuthed the contestant I like the most is not the one I expect to win. 

In fact, it is very rare that the contestant I like and want to win is the contestant I expect to win (I can count maybe 3 or 4 times in over 40 different seasons I've watched where the contestant I want to win is the contestant I expect to win and actually wins). 

So for me, I expect Laura to win. I am just not invested if Laura does win. From what I can tell from SM, the general audience is the same and is watching in the hopes of someone else winning. I am sleuthing likewise but that's because if I don't I'd be super bored.

Exactly the same here, @AllAboutLove - my favourites never win. NEVER! To the point where I was wondering if they deliberately edit the F2s to look better, but then there are always some who like the F1 better and are happy with the outcome so I think it must just be my natural inclination to be drawn to the underdog.

Maybe one season I might get my underdog victory but I think that would require a certain kind of Lead and I just don't think Matty's that man. He's been on the Laura train since their first meet and greet, IMO, and quite possibly even before that if the rumours of them having met IRL have any substance to them.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:17 am

Sorry i keep trying to put things in quotes but it wont. https://www.marieclaire.com.au/article/news/the-bachelor-michelle-matty-j-tara-elora
As for who she thinks will win? Michelle says her money’s on Elise, Florence and Laura.

“He’s got his main three that he’s very attracted to,” she reveals, adding that hot favourite Tara gets friend-zoned. “I think that’s more of a friendship than anything. I just don’t think she’s right for Matty.”
Her opinion on Elora
Michelle also dished on controversial contestant Elora. “She fell for Matty pretty early on and was very protective over their relationship, I think she thought it was unique, when actually, everyone’s going on dates with him and kissing him,” she says. “Elora’s a very strong personality and I think she was just too masculine for Matty.”

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:20 am

IMO i don't see him and Tara together either nor Elora.

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:42 am

Zaynab wrote: https://www.marieclaire.com.au/article/news/the-bachelor-michelle-matty-j-tara-elora

Last sentence in this article is a shout out to Richie (who is Michelle's type)
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5308

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:50 am

@Bobette yeah. I think it also has a lot to do with the "obvious F1" edit of recent years. Because honestly, in recent years all F1s have had their first SD in Ep 3 or 5 (for US and NZ shows), were highlighted pre-season, shown in Ep 1, and audiences see them as an obvious frontrunner from first episode.

I think that obviousness is exactly whey so many audience viewers are primed to cheer for someone else because it takes away so much of the suspense and feels predictable and so even while the majority audience will pick the F1 early on, as time goes by, they will want someone other than the F1 to win.

I think a lot of it is reverse psychology at play... make it seem obvious and predictable and the audience will start doubting and look for someone else to cheer and get behind. It seems to happen a LOT for all franchises lately and regardless of the type of contestant, I think it's partly because the investment of the audience in the show is driven by suspense and as such, a contestant who is not painted as the obvious winner. Obviously there are exceptions to this, but in recent years, that's been the pattern imo. It's also why there's been a lot of backlash on lead's and F1s of recent.

For this season, I see Matty's season the same as recent ones. If anything, for the Aussie franchise, the only difference will be this is the first time they've ever had a F2 lead push for a F2 narrative (slow-burn) both on and off the show... which defies logic and heart and if indeed Elise is F2, has me only shaking my head.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:51 am

Bobette wrote:
brownravens wrote:So why do we think that Laura crying/struggling cap was not aired? I'm pretty surprised because F1's always have "complex" journeys and their difficulties are always shown. Laura has had a pretty smooth run so far and I can't remember ultimate winner with such a smooth story previously.

I'm honestly wondering if she was ill.  She looked really pale at the RC.  In fact several of the girls looked restless/fidgety.  I wonder if it was one of those ones that went all night and they were just all really tired and emotional and over it.

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 69 CZl9ahY
Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 69 VPwxa8x

Source: TenPlay

Just coming back to this - Comparing my screen caps from last night's ep with Sundy's screen cap below from the preview, it's possible the crying happened at the cocktail party before the RC as IMO Laura's makeup appears lighter/washed off at the RC.

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 69 Img_1372  

Possible scenario: She was feeling ill or just tired/over it and they didn't air that footage because it wouldn't have looked good for one of the contestants to be complaining about feeling tired/sick - however they still used the clip out of context in the preview because it suggested drama.  question

Last edited by Bobette on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:52 am

@Norcalgal I posted reply in the SM/Media thread yes

@Bobette regarding the Laura crying SC I don't think it really matters in regards to Laura being F1. I think it wasn't shown because it doesn't fit her storyline as it is right now
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:34 am

The latest OK mag has Laura and Flo saying they dont mind being the next Bachelorette! Of course OK mag does make up stories to sell their mags.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4817896/Laura-Byrne-Florence-open-Bachelorette.html#article-4817896

Are they now trying to get the viewers to look at a different winner? Here we know who that is!

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+41
lightredemption
Zaynab
Skeppy
Emayem
Loulou
Schnitty4lyf
BlueJeans
dolcimumma
Miyala
Enough
Sundy