SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #13

Page 33 of 79 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 56 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

squad - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #13 - Page 33 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #13

Post by FashionLover Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:08 pm

stuckinsc wrote:@FashionLover I think he was playing Rachel, not TPTB. If he didn't like the girl, but stuck around then he was as big a puppet as any other guy who wanted to be the lead, IMO. I guess that is why I am annoyed with him.  If he only played TPTB, I would applaud him, but playing the lead, to me that stinks. I agree with @Kashathediva, Peter did this to increase his brand and get the next lead.  My hope is that TPTB is playing him and we have someone else start filming in September. All JMO.

@mindless, I think telling her that he was falling in love right before she walked into MTP, not earlier in the day in the car or something, was to make him look better at MTP.  I could see, you only like her not necessarily going over well with her family.  I think the falling in love was actually the perfect amount for her family.  It shows you take her seriously, but aren't in the bubble. JMO.

This is gonna sound extremely heartless and I hope I don't get struck by lightening for this but how can someone play the game without playing the lead. Mind you, the lead is also playing other guys too cause the show must go on. Rachel could have sent everyone but peter, bryan and maybe Eric home on night one if she wasn't playing the game as well. It's a eat or be eaten situation.

I still don't know how to snip btw ugh
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

squad - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #13 - Page 33 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #13

Post by mindless Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:09 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
@mindless, I think telling her that he was falling in love right before she walked into MTP, not earlier in the day in the car or something, was to make him look better at MTP.  I could see, you only like her not necessarily going over well with her family.  I think the falling in love was actually the perfect amount for her family.  It shows you take her seriously, but aren't in the bubble. JMO.

If he doesn't even want her, then why would he be so worried about her family's approval? He's already in the F3, the ideal position for the Bachelor gig. Why would he even want to go further at this point, if he has no interest in her? No one was going home after MTP, because they need three FD's, so he could've just gone through the motions and got cut at F3. I guess I just fail to see what he would benefit from trying to hang around until the FRC. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:12 pm

FashionLover wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:@FashionLover JMO, the whole process is emotionally exhausting and Rachel with her analytical mind was probably trying to keep open to all possibilities. She was in love with Bryan, but she and Peter had a great first date, he gave a sandwich to a homeless guy, her family liked him, so maybe she still was on the fence a little. And every time she moved on and was happy he tried to pull her back in. I think after HTDs she had decided to be happy with her feelings for Bryan, then Pete pulls falling in love, but won't budge on the engagement or even comfort her when she is upset. He kept trying to pull her back in, IMO, he is the player and he is the guy who is emotionally manipulative. Plus I am sure TPTB was chirpping in her ear about how great Peter was and maybe Bryan wasn't for real. All JMO.

Ok. Lets play a little game and put ourselves in peters shoes (I know, I know.. some of y'all think he's the devil incarnate but play along for a minute.)
1. Peter reads rachel well and see's she's likely to pick Bryan
2. Peter states clearly where he stands about the ending on this. Not proposing
3. Peter is still kept around even though he is clear that he's not proposing. Maybe it's rachel not ready to send him home or maybe it's TPTB exerting power moves
4. Peter likely keeps sensing rachel is STILL on bryan as her ending.

what is peter supposed to do? Act a fool and fall in love with someone who's just gonna dump him at he end? or play along until TPTB/rachel are ready to let him go?

I really wanted to thank you for posting this! I think it helps to lay things out to show a different context or point of view. There are other ways to interpret what was going on with Peter. For myself, I never had the sense that he was playing Rachel. I think you laid out a few salient point that at least give another reason for why Peter was holding back or hesitant.  I have been reading that he is very perceptive and was aware of of Rachel's feelings for Bryan. He did stake out his position. That gave Rachel the opportunity to send him home. She is the one who ultimately has the power in this scenario. She gives out the roses. Peter was pretty consistent with his feelings about proposing. He didn't go back and forth and all over the place. But Rachel did keep him. We can't know if Rachel wasn't ready to send him home or it was TPTB doing their manipulation behind the scenes.

I appreciate you taking the time to lay it out so that maybe we can see it from Peter's perspective.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:16 pm

FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:18 pm

I think Rachel has no pettiness...
I think some extreme fans have mega wagons of it and more...

jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:22 pm

I don't think he's the devil or awful.  He's just vanilla and not good tv IMO.  I've tried to remain neutral but find myself having a hard time doing it.  I dislike his SM game and the fact he says one thing and asks fans to follow along, all while doing the opposite and being shady and negative words Bryan on SM.  If you don't want overly negative aimed and you don't do it to others, IMO.

IMO, Peter does not read Rachel well.  He and Dean not knowing or realizing that Rachel was really into Bryan on his first 1:1 was very telling to me.  The other guys didnt seem at all surprised with her being into Bryan but Dean and Peter were either refused to acknowledge it or oblivious to it since it didn't concern the two of them, IMO.

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by cookielover12 Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:24 pm

In the ET interview with Astrid, She mentioned going to the Dominican Republic. I remember seeing her tweet a few weeks ago. Looks like Rachel is hanging out with her squad one last time before she spends time with Bryan and interviews.

squad - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #13 - Page 33 Image12

SC of astrid loch twitter
cookielover12
cookielover12

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:25 pm

FashionLover wrote:
Ok. Lets play a little game and put ourselves in peters shoes (I know, I know.. some of y'all think he's the devil incarnate but play along for a minute.)
3. Peter is still kept around even though he is clear that he's not proposing. Maybe it's rachel not ready to send him home or maybe it's TPTB exerting power moves

what is peter supposed to do? Act a fool and fall in love with someone who's just gonna dump him at he end? or play along until TPTB/rachel are ready to let him go?

5. Peter realizes he is not into Rachel and/or cannot commit to the timeline of the show and walks away sparing everyone the heartbreak. But wait! How will that work in terms of the storyline for next season if he wants to be the Bachelor?  question  Solution: Stick around and keep dragging your feet and open up and validate the lead's feelings when she has given up on you and is likely to eliminate you. Win-win.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:30 pm

FashionLover wrote:@Nativenewyorker bestbud!

FashionLover,

Thanks! I have read your comments and am grateful for a different point of view. Because I honestly can see it much the way you did. Again as always, JMO! The contestants don't have the power in this situation. It's the lead who gives out the roses and gets to send people home. Rachel did have the option to send Peter home. Now we don't know how much influence TPTB exerted behind the scenes. That is always something we have to consider. But if he really wanted to play the game, as some have said, then why bother to even stake out a position about not proposing? That has been a sure fire way to get sent home from this show in the past. We all know the pressure for contestants to declare their love.

The truth is that there is a built-in cruelty to this show and a basic reality. The lead has to string along a certain number of contestants. That's just the way the show is structured. It's always said that these contestants know what they are getting into before the show starts. That's true, but it's a whole other thing when you are actually in it and living it every day. I see the lead as being in control and having the options. I just don't see that Peter has all this power to somehow have mind control over Rachel by just doling out enough to keep him on.

As has been said, if it was about staying on to achieve his business goals, then he would have done that by the MTP episode. There would be no need to keep up any ruse. Getting to F3 or F2 is certainly enough to achieve one's ends if there is another agenda. I don't see what Peter had to gain by trying to stay on at that point.

As far as the ATFR show, I expect that both Rachel and Peter will be cordial and handle themselves well. For Rachel, she has what she wants. She got her man, the engagement and now they are starting their life together. So it's a win for her. She can afford to be gracious. As far as the storm on SM, that will die down after a while. Either Peter stuck by his principles and stayed true to himself or he played Rachel to be there at the end and still lost out to the one she really loved.

We can choose to see things differently.

Last edited by Nativenewyorker on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:30 pm

mindless wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

If he doesn't even want her, then why would he be so worried about her family's approval? He's already in the F3, the ideal position for the Bachelor gig. Why would he even want to go further at this point, if he has no interest in her? No one was going home after MTP, because they need three FD's, so he could've just gone through the motions and got cut at F3. I guess I just fail to see what he would benefit from trying to hang around until the FRC. JMO.

peter is all about image. His past modeling. His clean ups IG. His shirtless fitness posts. His Jtoor partnership ads. imo
It would not look good if he came out as a big azz on TV considering his main gaol was to be TB. imo

I am thinking that prods wanted eric all along. His edits are just that: never been loved, found first love with rachel, lost it, made a wish on top of an historical old monastary, journey, #miracleseason, fantastic loving family, not too perfect but enough to feel for him (lee issues)............. this is the guy the prods edited for the next gig... this is the guy that will leave at F3 ... imo

Peter has been shown on his IG and since day1 I found his IG shenanigans quite desperate.... as if he knew that his fame was only temporary.

I smell another Juan Pablo #2. HUGE amount of pressure from fans to be the next bach..... HUGE deception and repulsion during and at the end of his season............ IF (big fat IF) he has it in the pocket

I cannot wait to see him falling from his pedestal!!!! 2pop

all my opinion

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:32 pm

coolangel wrote:
FashionLover wrote:

5. Peter realizes he is not into Rachel and/or cannot commit to the timeline of the show and walks away sparing everyone the heartbreak. But wait! How will that work in terms of the storyline for next season if he wants to be the Bachelor?  question  Solution: Stick around and keep dragging your feet and open up and validate the lead's feelings when she has given up on you and is likely to eliminate you. Win-win.

All JMO

Exactly! some people may have an issue with this but I don't. who in their right mind would walk out of a situation as win-lose, them being the looser, when you have the opportunity to walk away as win-win? scratch

Disclaimer: I actually think that peter was genuine with rachel and would have loved to pursue something outside the show. My posts are to give perspective to some of the scenarios raised in this forum
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 pm

@FashionLover, I respect your opinion. I just don't share it. This show has always been rougher on its female leads than its male leads. So yes, as a women, I hate watching the female lead get played. I disliked Andi intensely, and I even started hoping she would pick Nick, because I thought she had a better chance at happiness with him.

I liked Peter week one and two. He was sweet at the M&G. I enjoyed the throwing the chocolates in the fire line. I loved their first 1:1. I got that for him, it might be slower, that is okay. But I didn't buy that any man who has made out with a woman and is attracted to her, doesn't think about sex with her. And to me, that wasn't respectful, it was truthful. I started to think that Peter just wasn't into Rachel. That is okay, because, I don't expect every guy to fall for every bachelorette. Chemistry is a weird thing and if you don't have it, this show will not work for you, honestly, it just looks messy then, think Jesse and DeAnna. Yuck.

So I waited to see if maybe I saw Peter start to fall for her, and it just never happened. His body language to me was just not into her. And, no I don't need all over her like Bryan, but you face her when you talk to her, you do the small touches, a hand hold, something like that. Especially when she keeps asking you for more physical affection. Then gossipy Peter turned me off. Maybe because I do like Bryan, but it seemed like extremely handsome and lucky Peter was mad because for the first time, he wasn't an automatic number one with a woman. Follow that with a long SM post to be nice to him and others on the cast, well Peter, practice what you preach. Then the Miami comment just pissed me off. I am from south Florida and that statement to me was hateful. That is my opinion. The falling in love said again without facing her or any type of reinforcement just seemed like more game playing to me. The final straw, the pat on the shoulder after your conversation causes her to cry. If you care for this person, don't you try to comfort them at all? I get being reserved, but that was cold.

So this is why I don't like Peter and it is all JMO. If I am wrong and Peter is her F1, I will hope the best for them. If he is the bachelor, I will skip it, but just like with Vanessa and Nick, I will try to get to know his F1 on here afterwards and wish them the best.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 79 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 56 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #13

+81
ChevoRee
Stacia620
Pattycake92
Tajlena
gurlbrit
Topazgold
Ash2214
BlueStarsShiver
mtnlvr55
alwaystulips
Seab21