SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Empty Re: DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Chgohighlife Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:23 am

havadrpepper wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:I respectfully disagree. Simone was not showcased well. She was not even in the same stratosphere as Normani, IMO. I'm not saying that was all Sasha's fault because as a very young athlete, Simone had no spice, no sex appeal, very short limbs for dramatic effect and little of the IT factor plus, when the ultimate comparison to Laurie came, almost anyone was bound to fall short. However, Simone's routines did not play to her considerable strengths, IMO and that fell squarely on Sasha. He does not have the creative talent many of the others have and that was a factor long before Simone, IMO.

I respect your opinion although I feel Val is the one that has no creative bones in his body.  As far as Normani goes, she did the same routine every week.  High kick - check!  2 High kicks - check!  Normani could have blown that competition wide open had she had a creative choreographer as well.  Had she had Derek or Mark, there would have been no need for TPTB to highlight Normani with her "feel good" video packages each week. The "poor me I'm traveling all the time and this is hard and I have no dance experience" got old and frankly turned me off of her and Val as well.  TPTB wanted people to feel for her so they would vote for her.  What kind of video packages did they do for Simone?  Negative tone to all of them.  Heck, they did the same thing with Nick, everything was negative for him.  Another case in point... Bonner got positive video packages.  And, we all know that Bonner stayed longer than Nick.  Neither of them were winner category but Bonner was not better than Nick on the dance floor!

As for Derek and his last season, it was this same thing.  Marilu has been vocal about what was shown in their rehearsal video packages.  Her packages were always on the negative side as if that was all that happened in rehearsals... her and Derek having differences of opinion and not having any fun at all.  According to her, that was about 5% of their total time together. They had great rehearsals and lots of fun times.

It may be a "live" show but TPTB still do a whole lot of manipulation to get the results they want.  They can give them horrible songs for the dance type they are doing and they can edit the video packages any way they want.  I hated what I saw in Derek's last season and hadn't planned on watching any more.  The only reason I watched last season was because of Nick. Once he was out, I didn't watch anymore because of the "Normani/Val" love manipulation.  Thankfully, the viewers caught on and didn't do what the producers wanted and gave the championship to Rashad!

There is a reason that most of the favorite dances of all time include Derek, Mark and Cheryl.  They bring awesome choreography to their dances and bring out the best in their partners.

I'm not watching anymore since IMO, it has so much manipulation by TPTB.
Tremendous respect for your insights, knowledge of the show and lack of bias. Props to you and I really wish you would watch the season so we could discuss it, here? Please reconsider when the celebrities are announced because 2 out of 3 of your best pros are back. Let's slay the commentary with the sisters of this thread. Think about it question

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Empty Re: DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by DarkCerulean Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:13 pm

IMO, the show is no longer about learning this gorgeous style of dancing. It's truly a reality show, with an eye towards the coveted demographic that brings in the most advertising dollars! Sadly with the ringers and the editing by TPTB, the biased judging and the showmance they try to push every season, I haven't watched an episode in years!
DarkCerulean
DarkCerulean

Female Posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:32 am

I have a better chance of quitting the Bachelor franchise than DWTS. I enjoy the dances/choreo too much esp. the female pros so I just let the TPTB manipulations slide. It is what it is at this point IMO. I have accepted that some things will never change on this show like TPTB pimping Val IMO and giving him a ringer. laugh out loud laugh out loud

Hope this is finally Sharna's year. After they stuck her with that creep IMO last season, I had hoped that they would give her a decent partner this time. Her silence is not promising though. hmmm

#TeamBurgatroyd
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:36 am

I haven't watched a season in years but I enjoy Nick and Vanessa Lachey so I may have to reconsider this year. scratch

DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 87b72b10 DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 86669110 DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:44 am

umngirl wrote:I haven't watched a season in years but I enjoy Nick and Vanessa Lachey so I may have to reconsider this year. scratch

They are partnered with Peta and Maks. Big surprise!  laugh out loud  laugh out loud

ETA: Looks like Val didn't get an outright ringer. What is happening?!?!? laugh out loud laugh out loud

coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:59 pm

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 8367-910 DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 I_got_13 DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 E5kqdm15 DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 4 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by emiusacska Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:06 am

I think Val's partner is Bettanee Hamilton and for Sharna is either Lamar Odom or hopefully a Curry brother
emiusacska
emiusacska

Female Posts : 301

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:38 am

emiusacska wrote:I think Val's partner is Bettanee Hamilton and for Sharna is either Lamar Odom or hopefully a Curry brother
Hasnt Bethany Hamilton already been on.

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by emiusacska Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:56 am

mizzoufan wrote:
emiusacska wrote:I think Val's partner is Bettanee Hamilton and for Sharna is either Lamar Odom or hopefully a Curry brother
Bethany hasn't been on just checked
emiusacska
emiusacska

Female Posts : 301

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:30 pm

mizzoufan wrote:

She was on Amazing Race and did great with her husband.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:55 pm

As per @Linds911 post upthread, this is now confirmed.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3707329/drew-scott-dancing-with-the-stars/?utm_source=%40globalbc&utm_medium=Twitter

‘Property Brothers’ Drew Scott revealed as first ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 25 cast member

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:05 pm

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 25 - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+20
Kels0012
emiusacska
umngirl
DarkCerulean
Chgohighlife