SELECT CONTENT

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Page 41 of 78 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 59 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 41 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Post by sdmom Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:19 am

I agree families should be off limit. However, if they make public statements, unfortunately, they will be scrutinized. If I were the family or close friend of the contestant, I will make my sm private or not responding to anything and it can be done. Look at the parents of the once f2 X2.
This is just like any other season, imo. Peter is not the only one that receive negative comments. I remember Nick, Kaitlyn, Andi, Josh, Sean all have been criticized. It's just the nature of the show. IMO.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 41 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Post by lleyki Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:09 pm

I am sorry, I'm going to be incredibly frank here. I followed this entire season, starting with some of the pre-sleuthing when I didn't care a lick about any of these people because I didn't care who Rachel picked and didn't care to be honest right up to the mid-point of the season. And it's complete revisionism for some to make it seem like the board took on a negative energy just because of all this hate only directed at Peter. That's certainly a very convenient and narrow view of what really went down this season.

Hate was on all sides and as @GuardianAngel pointed out, many of those who left, left because the Mods wouldn't allow a lot of their rude sniping and comments against members who dared to question the Peter is F1 spoiler and not be on the Peter is the greatest thing since sliced bread train. 

Believe me, I saw and read where many of those went to - the usernames didn't change. And I saw the comments made about the Mods, members here, etc. This season turned nasty very quickly and it wasn't because people suddenly started hating poor Peter for no reason. It's because all sides were taking shots at each other, at the people involved, etc. This season had an intense level of investment that probably didn't exist with some other seasons. 

And so the rudeness, the nastiness got ratcheted up to 90 very quickly and that's with everyone. And maybe the reason more negative stuff is said here about Peter is because where else can someone who doesn't like him say it? They can't say it in the Fan thread? Fine if some feel they don't want to only read fanning but then you can't be upset or bothered that yeah, there will people who really don't like him and use this thread to say so. All JMO.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Jmo but is it possible that the fact that you have to dig to find the peter fan thread, whereas his genl. Disc. Thread is easier to locate, might be part of the problem?

Last edited by Billysmom on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Kels0012 wrote:I have not posted negatively, I am following the rules and I don't need a link to the fan thread. I hesitated posting that because I thought it would be interpreted badly, and I certainly don't validate hate PMs, as I've said privately and publicly. I'm just making an assertion that while this thread was Pro-Peter in the past, it hasn't been for a long while. Many of those posters did it to themselves and it makes me sad because I'd love some support around here.

I don't want to go to the fan thread because no person deserves completely "positive" comments IMO. I've fanned others in the past (mainly Nick), but I rarely contribute. I'd rather keep it real.

First, let me say:
I applaud and support you. yes
You and any other member has their right to express their opinion on this forum within the forum rules. If everyone had the same opinion, it would get stale. IMO.
So, thank you for voicing your opinion.
What you are voicing is something frequently heard every season regarding ___________ cast person that may not be as popular as the next cast person. It does make voicing an opinion a more challenging post. Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 41 4256136633
Anyway, I want you to know you are being heard and empathized with. You are valued as all our members are. group hug

ETA
This part of my post is general and not in response to Kels.

I just didn't want to make a multiple back to back post. giggling
This is Peter's general discussion thread. So general discussion of Peter can take place here.
Here is a link to the site rules. It outlines what can and can not be discussed.
When family members and friends of cast put themselves on the show and sign confidentiality forms, they now open themselves up for discussion on our forum. That opens them up to the good, bad and the ugly of our discussion whether members like it or not. So these rules apply to them, also.
However, if someone is not on the show, they are not to be discussed. Period.
If at anytime there are questions, please contact a mod. We are not the big bad wolf. We really are there to help and work with members.
Believe it or not sometimes a mod may contact a member just to say hi or good post or thank them. Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 41 2498057887
I hope this clarifies.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Billysmom wrote:Jmo but is it possible that the fact that you have to dig to find the peter fan thread, whereas his genl.  Disc. Thread is easier to locate, might be part of the problem?

If you click View New Posts and the new posts will show up, regardless they are in general or fan thread. I think it's just more people post in general thread now so it seems it's easier to find, imo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:01 pm

When anyone has a favorite anything it's not as much fun when others don't see what you see. I didn't like the Bryan bashing on other parts of SM so I know how you all feel. And I actually understand why some of you don't run to the Peter fan threads, I like a little gushing but prefer to read thoughtful observations so the Discussion and SM threads are my go to's.

Here is where I may disagree with y'all. There were several times I personally tried to invite thoughtful banter with Peter fans on this forum. I'd ask for examples of his deep affection towards Rachel, their connection etc and I didn't get any responses IIRC. I asked because you all seemed to see such good qualities in Peter that I wanted your POV.

I also remember mods and others sleuthing proof that Bryan was F1 and those members being told that the sleuthed info didn't mean Peter wasn't still the F1. When the response was then, 'OK, please provide sleuthed info that Peter is F1 then again it doesn't IMO appear as if there was a response/info provided.

I'm a noob on this forum and I don't want to come off as if I'm trying to tell anyone what to say but imo if more meaningful discussion on Peter was wanted it would have been great to have seen more posts that analyzed why the things Peter said/did showed his intentions towards Rachel. It would've been great to read, "yeah Peter shouldn't have done that but I think he meant this or maybe he'll improve" etc. On the contrary I saw more Bryan fans saying "I used to like Peter (which was also the case with me) but then I saw this" or Bryan fans saying "yeah his lines are cheesy" and even I said, "I didn't like the sloppy seconds" comment. But it does seem like there wasn't as much objective criticism of Peter's shortcomings, kind of like he was perfect imo.

I'd see breakdowns of Bryan/Rachel conversations, BL gifs, and theories on what it all meant in Bryan threads. I didn't see much of that hypothesizing and analysis to support Peters viability/good qualities in Peter threads IMO.

Again this is all JMO and I'm trying to be open and not critical or snarky. I concede that I may have missed posts where some of what I've said was lacking was mentioned, I just didn't see it.

Last edited by kerriway on Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:04 pm

sdmom wrote:
Billysmom wrote:Jmo but is it possible that the fact that you have to dig to find the peter fan thread, whereas his genl.  Disc. Thread is easier to locate, might be part of the problem?

If you click View New Posts and the new posts will show up, regardless they are in general or fan thread. I think it's just more people post in general thread now so it seems it's easier to find, imo.

Hmm, I never used the forum this way...ie tend to just frequent certain threads off the home page. But maybe I'm an anomaly, laugh out loud
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:26 pm

kerriway wrote:When anyone has a favorite anything it's not as much fun when others don't see what you see. I didn't like the Bryan bashing on other parts of SM so I know how you all feel. And I actually understand why some of you don't run to the Peter fan threads, I like a little gushing but prefer to read thoughtful observations so the Discussion and SM threads are my go to's.

Here is where I may disagree with y'all. There were several times I personally tried to invite thoughtful banter with Peter fans on this forum. I'd ask for examples of his deep affection towards Rachel, their connection etc and I didn't get any responses IIRC. I asked because you all seemed to see such good qualities in Peter that I wanted your POV.

I also remember mods and others sleuthing proof that Bryan was F1 and those members being told that the sleuths info didn't mean Peter wasn't still the F1. When the response was then, 'OK, please provide sleuthed info that Peter is F1 then again it doesn't IMO appear as if there was a response/info provided.

I'm a noob on this forum and I don't want to come off as if I'm trying to tell anyone what to say but imo if more meaningful discussion on Peter was wanted it would have been great to have seen more posts that analyzed why the things Peter said/did showed his intentions towards Rachel. It would've been great to read, "yeah Peter shouldn't done that but I think he meant this or maybe he'll improve" etc. On the contrary I saw more Bryan fans saying I used to like Peter (which was also the case with me) bit then I saw this or Bryan fans saying "yeah his lines are cheesy" and even I said, "I didn't like the sloppy seconds" comment. But it does seem a little like there wasn't as much objective criticism of Peter's shortcomings, kind of like he was perfect imo.

Again this is all JMO and I'm trying to be open and not critical or snarky

Very thoughtful post - and well written. I enjoy reading the different points of view but sometimes I was struck with how angry some of the posters seemed to be. I wondered - is it frustration or not understanding - I don't know. Most of us don't even know these people - or what the producers were pushing behind the scenes. Just imo ....
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Pre-season I was neutral on Peter. After sleuthing, watching the show, following his SM, I think Peter is one of the most fake and manipulative contestants ever.

That is my opinion. And I have a right to that opinion without being called names or labeled as a "hater" or "judgmental" or "unfair" or "angry" or any other word, etc.

That is what the forum rules are: one can post in regards to a contestant - negative, neutral, positive, but cannot post about/toward a fellow member in a negative way.

It may not make sense. It may seem unfair or hypocritical, but those are the rules and if they aren't liked or adhered to then this is not the forum for one.

It's also that rule that makes me thankful for this forum and for our admin @GuardianAngel who works tirelessly to instill these rules and ensure that this forum is one where members are all treated the same and nothing negative can be posted about fellow members.

Regardless of who one likes or dislikes, I support each member's right to post their opinion related to a contestant. This season was the first season where I saw OTT negative comments posted towards fellow members/posters and negative posts about the forum rules.

As long as I've been on this forum, there are negative, positive, and neutral posts about contestants. That will always be that way whether it may seem like one contestant gets more or less than another isn't the issue. What matters is posts follow forum rules and are related to the contestants only and NOT toward fellow members.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:20 pm

@AllAboutLove, ITA with your entire post! bestbud! I was a lurker for years before I finally made an account last year and 'respecting members irrespective of their opinions' was the main reason why I finally took the plunge.

Maybe my tolerance for reading negative opinions about my favs is very high ( I am a Nick fan after all laugh out loud ) but I don't think Peter has been called anything worse than many other contestants over the years. I don't even think he is that disliked here in general - I haven't read any posts about people hoping he gets dumped at the FRC by his F1. So no, IMO Peter does not get any more criticism or dislike here than others have gotten before him.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:24 pm

@AllAboutLove word score mademyday  You said it all IMO.. ditto for me. Thanks!! bestbud!

I would like to add my sincere Thanks and Appreciation for @GuardianAngel. She is truly an exemplary example respect and incredible character in the best way possible. Her leadership makes BBF be a cut above all the other forums IMO. tyvm blowkiss group hug
JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:09 pm

I think the reason that some threads seem more negative than others (not just Peter's discussion thread) is that the same people keep posting over and over. It gets overwhelming if you happen to like that person. If you don't like that person then it probably seems just fine because they support your opinion and it's natural to want to reply. Sometimes the positive posts are a better fit in the fan thread although that makes it a little less diverse in the discussion thread as a result. This is all according to the rules so it's not something that will or should be changed but it's just an observation. All JMO.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 78 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 59 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

+100
Cila51290
Rachelsseason
tealeafs
starser
Kolormiblnd