SELECT CONTENT

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Page 9 of 78 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 43 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nfl - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 9 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:51 am

Personally, I don't think TB wants to be a voice to address any type of serious issue whether it be x, y or z. So I do not believe they are going to do anything more than lightly touch on anything of substance ever. JMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

nfl - Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9 - Page 9 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

Post by Guest Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:56 am

BTW for me to be dishonest is because he used her feelings. Yes he told her he did not want to propose but dishonesty is more than that. However, I agree again that it is perception to believe that he did not fall in love, maybe he did. Maybe he was stuck in a situation that he could not get out. Maybe he wanted out earlier and prods did not want him too. Maybe he made a fixation that he could not love her in this bubble. Maybe he expected a miracle overnight. Maybe maybe maybe

My perception is that he should not have waited to leave if he knew full well he would not be able to propose. He knew it at MTP, he said it clearly to her mom so why Rachel did not know that more clearly? It is obvious to me that for Rachel saying "I am falling in love with you" means commitment. All the show is about a proposal at the end. 12 bachelorettes later and no proposal? really? Why didn't they have this conversation earlier? Did he just start but never finish his thought leaving Rachel to fill in the dots? She would have spent less time with him and maybe move on earlier?

jmo

Last edited by HEA on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:57 am

Kashathediva wrote:Personally, I don't think TB wants to be a voice to address any type of serious issue whether it be x, y or z. So I do not believe they are going to do anything more than lightly touch on anything of substance ever. JMO

they prefer to USE the issues aka racism. imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:10 am

HEA wrote:BTW for me to be dishonest is because he used her feelings. Yes he told her he did not want to propose but dishonesty is more than that. However, I agree again that it is perception to believe that he did not fall in love, maybe he did. Maybe he was stuck in a situation that he could not get out. Maybe he wanted out earlier and prods did not want him too. Maybe he made a fixation that he could not love her in this bubble. Maybe he expected a miracle overnight. Maybe maybe maybe

My perception is that he should not have waited to leave if he knew full well he would not be able to propose. He knew it at MTP, he said it clearly to her mom so why Rachel did not know that more clearly? It is obvious to me that for Rachel saying "I am falling in love with you" means commitment. All the show is about a proposal at the end. 12 bachelorettes later and no proposal? really? Why didn't they have this conversation earlier? Did he just start but never finish his thought leaving Rachel to fill in the dots? She would have spent less time with him and maybe move on earlier?

jmo

It could have been a gray area vs dishonesty.
It could have been him knowing if he stayed to the end, but not being chosen he had a good shot at the next lead.
It could have been if he let his intentions honestly be known, that he was not going to propose, that he was being upfront and honest to Rachel in his own way. Kind of like getting your cake your cake and eating it too. I can see that. He never vacillates from this position. He is steady the course.
The show may be about a proposal certainly, but he is doing it his way. He is getting grilled for it by certain factions but he is still doing it his way. That's ok. imo I do have a certain respect for that, too. He is standing by his own convictions. At the same time, I don't think that will make a good lead for next season. JMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:28 am

Imo - if there were true strong feelings - call it love ? - there would be a way. Rachel says - someone has to bend ....
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:42 am

I am seriously curious if Peter likes/loves Rachel soooo much but not enough to get engaged because he only is going to get engaged to the woman he will know for certain he is going to marry.....How will Peter be CERTAIN that one of 30 women on his season of the Bachelor will be his wife??
IMO there is No Way TPTB will give Peter a contract that does not explicitly mandate a proposal at the FRC on his Bachelor season.  
Peters own actions on his season will be an interesting to compare and contrast to his actions on Rachel's season. IMO.
I just can't see Peter being emotionally equipped to be the Bachelor. His own engagement views don't fit with the shows premise.
JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:20 am

Seabear wrote:I am seriously curious if Peter likes/loves Rachel soooo much but not enough to get engaged because he only is going to get engaged to the woman he will know for certain he is going to marry.....How will Peter be CERTAIN that one of 30 women on his season of the Bachelor will be his wife??
IMO there is No Way TPTB will give Peter a contract that does not explicitly mandate a proposal at the FRC on his Bachelor season.  
Peters own actions on his season will be an interesting to compare and contrast to his actions on Rachel's season. IMO.
I just can't see Peter being emotionally equipped to be the Bachelor. His own engagement views don't fit with the shows premise.
JMO

... and this is why I see big moves from ABC on twitter to promote Dean as next bachelor right now. They tested Eric with "clic like if you like him" last week, now they are tasting the waters with Dean. Surprise surprise... not. do you want to bet that Dean is single again now?

IMO taking Peter will be only because the SM pressure..... because at the end ONLY ratings is important for them. If he is a nice guy. good. if he is a diva, more dramas. great. if he does not want to propose, risk but another Brad 1.0 where they had very high ratings and everyone was furious enough that we talk about it on SM for weeks.... They do not care WHO, all contestants are pawns for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:34 am

Keepit100 wrote:Whether or not Peter wanted to be bachelor or his "goals" before joining the show have zero to do with his feelings for Rachel. He didn't know her until he got on the show. He felt a connection with her right away. He was "pleasantly surprised".  Many people saw that connection and Rachel felt it too. It's not fake or an act, IMO, because some thing like that cannot truly be faked.  He touches Rachel plenty. He's not as forward and touchy as TOG, but shows affection in many other ways. If you don't like somebody, you don't focus in on them, listen, and pay attention to the details as he does with her.  
He hasn't been manipulative. He's been honest with her the whole time. I just don't see how some see him as some evil mastermind looking to break her heart and then kick her to the curb, all for what?? What does he have to gain in that?  It doesn't fit with his character one bit, IMO.

You basically articulated my feelings about Peter. I could not have said it any better! I thought that there was a connection between Rachel and Peter from the beginning. I did not think it was fake or an act or manipulation. Peter expresses affection in his own way. Not everyone is touchy feely and hands on. There is no right or wrong way to show affection. Just different ways.

I keep reading that Peter couldn't even reach out and hug Rachel when they had their difficult talk on the FD. But when the camera panned to his face, his eyes welled up with tears. That isn't emotion or feelings? How can that be ignored, yet we keep hearing that he just put his arm on Rachel and wasn't comforting her enough. I don't get it. There was no question of the emotion on his face and in his eyes.

I think Peter has been honest with Rachel. I also think that he has been struggling throughout this process. Whether it's the issue of a proposal or commitment or feeling the pressure of this situation or being gun shy or having doubts, I think it's been very real. Also, Rachel is in the position of power here. The lead gets to give out the roses and send people home. She kept him on this long. There has to be a reason. Some ask why Peter didn't leave if he wasn't ready to propose. We don't know how much influence TPTB have had with either of them, so that would be speculation. But I think Peter has genuine feelings for Rachel and has been conflicted. Rachel still could have let him go if she felt that she wasn't getting enough from him.

I agree with your last few sentences. No way do I see Peter being this evil conspirator plotting in some way to bring Rachel down. There would be no reason for him to do that and I don't see that kind of cruelty and meanness in him at all.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:45 am

Seabear wrote:I am seriously curious if Peter likes/loves Rachel soooo much but not enough to get engaged because he only is going to get engaged to the woman he will know for certain he is going to marry.....How will Peter be CERTAIN that one of 30 women on his season of the Bachelor will be his wife??
JMO

Peter is a walking/talking conundrum. He strikes me as the kind of guy that a girl falls for thinking the relationship is going well only to be blindsided when he picks up and leaves.

I remember his friends at Hometowns telling him not to mess it up with Rachel and I remember thinking did they say that because he had cold feet or because he's run away/jilted great girls before.

Another thing I've always questioned, "Did Peter ever like Rachel?" I remember the first episode and IMO he did seem excited to meet her, he said Rachel looked amazing and pretty in pictures and for once his BL (ie his eyes popping out) matched his words. His hands even shook with nervousness when he first met Rachel. However something happened because by their first one-on-one date I didn't see a guy who was enamored with the lead. By the Ellen date we had a guy who said he never thought about sex with Rachel.

Again I don't get it, did something happen? Peter is a mind@#& and I can't theorize at the moment.

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:01 pm

I agree with those who say that Peter came on to the show for the adventure and exposure and opportunities just like many other contestants. He didn't come to find love with Rachel. imo. He was surprised (many have noted) when he got the 1st rose at the ceremony and even more surprised when he got the 1st date of the season. He realized that she liked him and had a crush on him. The date went well but I think for Peter there wasn't any romantic feelings from his end---just hanging out with a friendly woman. IMO ,Peter knew after that 1st date that he didn't have romantic feelings towards Rachel. He didn't think of her as a potential wife . Proof would be--1) him saying he never thought of having sex with Rachel 3 weeks into the season and after having spent a whole day with her, --2) the cold BL including the awkward Hottub,---3) R having to ask for a kiss .
Anyway Peter knew he wasn't feeling it very early on. He had to make a decision --Tell Rachel the truth and leave or stay and take advantage of the fact that Rachel liked and was attracted to him. He decided to stay and go as far as he wanted to for exposure and he could have seen this as THE chance to get TB. From what Rachel wrote in the Blog, Yes Peter gave Rachel just enough to keep him in the race---the latest one being ---"I'm falling in love with you" minutes before MTP---it was cringe worthy to me TBH.It felt void of any feeling imo. Peter knew Rachel was here to find a husband . She said it 1st CP.Peter knew this is a SPEED DATING show. Its an unreal situation so trying to apply real life in an unreal environment is trying to find a way out without "damaging" his reputation. Anyway, to me Peter played the game to get to what HE wanted and that wasn't Rachel. AJMO

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:07 pm

A number of people have compared peter to Reid.....but IMO Reid was so very affectionate towards Jilly, so flirtatious, that there's no comparison....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Peter might have been attracted to Rachel early on, but once he found out that Bryan made an early move and kissed her the first night, I think he just kinda gave up plain and simple.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 78 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 43 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #9

+100
Cila51290
Rachelsseason
tealeafs
starser
Kolormiblnd