SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 33 of 59 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 46 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 33 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by justcallmegranny Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:25 pm

So, according to Ali, if the engagement doesn't last the love wasn't real? Seriously? The first guy I was engaged to I loved dearly...a part of me still does after 36 years. No, it didn't work out but don't tell me it was not real!

As for Peter only wanting to propose once...I get that. I only wanted to be married once. Does it always happen that way? Nope! I like that he is thinking that way in a world where people get engaged, married and divorce at the drop of a hat.

justcallmegranny

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 33 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Dessler Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:44 pm

makeover wrote:I wonder what kind of non-mediocre life Peter would have offered her? I am honestly curious. Rachel should have asked him to expound on it. Such a wasted opportunity.  
A slide-show: A Non-mediocre Life with Peter Kraus  cantstopl

Farmers market, nights with wine and painting laugh out loud
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Dessler wrote:
makeover wrote:I wonder what kind of non-mediocre life Peter would have offered her? I am honestly curious. Rachel should have asked him to expound on it. Such a wasted opportunity.  

Farmers market, nights with wine and painting laugh out loud

Well, now we know what kind of fun filled dates TPTB will plan for him.  

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:13 pm

I didn't comment last night, just watched and followed tweets.  Going into the finale I had no thoughts that Rachel was truly torn between Bryan & Peter. That's not what I saw last night and I'm not buying her excuse for being emotional. It came across like Rachel wanted Peter but he wasn't going to give her the proposal and ring so she let him go. I do think there was some similarity to Des' season in that she developed a relationship with her eventual f1 along the way so it wasn't like she was giving up on love for the sake of the ring. Unfortunately for R/B, that's not what a lot of people think today.

I heard Mike Golic on Mike & Mike talking about it this morning and he, his wife, and daughter all watched and think Rachel "settled" for the sake of the engagement. He talked about how people's perception of Rachel changed last night. I could see that in a way. I didn't like the way she was on the defensive with Peter when she's the one who let him go and is with someone else. She definitely threw shade at him about the show not being right for him, twice. I guess she's trying to make sure he's not the next Bachelor. no idea

I thought the proposal was very subdued and low-key. They seemed okay at ATFR show. IMO she probably made the right decision given she was determined to have a proposal and I don't see any regrets on her part. I still have some doubts about Bryan but hope she's found what she's looking for. That's the main thing. I won't be following along but wish them well.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15310

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:33 pm

That was also my opinion ...that she was not leaving without a proposal ... and it didn't have to come from the guy she was most attracted too.  That makes Rachel more proud than in love IMO

I think Peter made the right decision to hold back and i kinda feel sorry for Bryan for what he's got to go through now after watchimg that last episode and how much she was practically begging Peter to propose.  He said hed go through the motions for her but she knew he wouldnt be sincere so she at least didnt make him go though with it ... ill give her that.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:35 pm

So for those questioning why Rachel was not on Jimmy Kimmel it was not Jimmy's fault apparently. laugh out loud We have TPTB to blame and new format. According to RS, the segment it was not even taped in front of the live audience(hence the fake shots) like with past couples because they had to leave for the show. Other couples would shoot the segment during the live taping as the show airs but because Rachel needed to be there they could not do it this time. Mystery solved!
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:57 pm

I don't think she begged for a proposal from Peter. I actually think she was trying to let him go, and Peter made it difficult.

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by jalkire Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Aww I feel for Rachel and Bryan because no matter what they say, people are going to insist she settled.

jalkire

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Alanna wrote:
I think it's the old Aidan vs Big argument- drama and strife with "true love" or calm complacency with the boring one. It only works if you're a crazy teenager imo or in a tv show or I guess Rachel in the pre-Bryan years.

I'm like the only one on the planet that thought Carrie was insane to give up stability with Aidan. laugh out loud

Oh wait, wrong show... carry on.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachelsseason Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:05 pm

Did they show Rachel telling Bryan on their FSD that she was in love with him? I didn't see it, but I was doing a bunch of other stuff whilst watching. I only ask because that is what they mention in this interview.
https://youtu.be/lLxPN39Rwrk

Rachelsseason

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:06 pm

I'm still puzzled by what went on between Peter and Rachel. She was really clear about what her end game was all along -- a proposal. From her choices and behavior I can infer that she also wanted someone who was all in -- who had a completely open heart, who was willing to pursue her, who wanted her completely, and who was willing to throw his hat in the ring. That person was clearly not Peter. He was ambivalent about the process and about Rachel for much of the season.

The only person who met her requirements 100% was Bryan. I think Eric came close. So why did Rachel not bring Eric to F2? That is my question. He loved her with a puppy-dog openness, and he was willing to propose. There is no doubt in my mind that if allowed, Eric would have had his chat with Neil Lane and gotten down on one knee. Apparently rejecting Eric would not have been quite as troubling to Rachel, since in her judgment, he was not ready.

So why bring Peter all the way to F2? Barring producer machinations, there is not a minute of that show where Rachel could not have sent Peter home. I'm sure that beyond Eric, there were a number of other guys on her season who would have been willing to propose to her. If getting engaged and being all in was her number one requirement, why not bring men along who were still in that game?

The watch -- I keep coming back to the watch. Rachel said that she could see problems with Peter going back to Geneva (although she never elaborated.) Well, all I can say is that if the object of my affections procured a massively expensive matching his-and-hers present for a rival, that would be a signal for me to cash out my chips. Game over. Of course Peter had problems with her after that! He's not stupid, and he's not a lovely, open-hearted Eric who is going to see something like that and just accept it with no question whatsoever. That's not who Peter is. He lives inside his head. He's going to add up the clues and come to the not unreasonable conclusion that he's not the front-runner.

My thinking is that Rachel did not want Peter. She wanted Bryan. But what she wanted most was to be in complete control of her finalists, and Peter would not and could not give that to her.

I seem to recall Rachel saying at one point that she felt a sort of possessiveness about her men. I saw some of that in play last night. Her comment that in her opinion the process may not be best for Peter -- well she can feel that way all she wants to, and she may indeed be right about it. *But IMO last night was NOT the night to say that.* Last night, she was in the winners' seat. She had her pick of the men, she had the rock, the People cover, and the Spanish vacation. Last night was also probably Peter's last, best chance for making his case for being the Bachelor. But IMO Rachel *could not let it go.* She is a courtroom lawyer in one of the biggest arenas of her life. Every last thing this woman says in a public arena is intentional. She is used to choosing her words with care. She deliberately threw him under the bus. Why? Because IMO he did not hand over control of his heart to her. And that irritated her to no end.

I do admire the way that Bryan has consistently steered clear of drama. Kudos to him for that. I don't mind the shilling. I figure that it's like any other form of media -- you have to give people content with the shilling, so they'll be willing to put up with it. The Dr. Abs stuff is funny, but hey, if he can sell it, more power to him.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:08 pm

I read elsewhere that Rachel said somewhere she didn't want *any* of her men to be The Bachelor? If true... unreal. Super controlling and petty.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 59 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 46 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+90
Emilia23_12
lleyki
hb591
USAGold
bigbluebird
Mustang19
mindless
MiaHawk
Shadow
richmondrose
twinkle73