SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 46 of 59 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 52 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 46 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:26 pm

@justcallmegranny Rachel did give the assurances to Bryan, off camera. ;)
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 46 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Acrunch Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:40 pm

LynnTa wrote:Peter got what he wanted out of this season--the opportunity to tobe TB.  He did what he had to do to get there. I just don't like the charade he pulled---Pretending to be in it for Rachel.  

I don't understand this because that emotional breakdown between Peter & Rachel in last episode looked genuine to me. Peter wanted to continue on with Rachel. Peter wanted Rachel to choose a life with him. The only thing Peter didn't want to do was propose at that time but he even offered to do that to keep her in his life (which was silly IMO and Rachel was wise to say no to that). I think he fell for Rachel and it was no charade. She didn't pick him so why not be interested in the Bachelor gig. He's single and that was Rachel's decision; Rachel's choice and apparently her "charade" since she was the one acting like Peter needed to propose and that it was important to her since she didn't want a bf but a fiance, all the while knowing that if he did propose, she'd have to turn him down since she admittedly was all in on Bryan since the hometowns.

Acrunch
Acrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:46 pm

LynnTa wrote:Peter got what he wanted out of this season--the opportunity to tobe TB.  He did what he had to do to get there. I just don't like the charade he pulled---Pretending to be in it for Rachel.  

:headbanging But Rachel did the same! She pretended she was into Peter...and Eric and Dean, and Adam and Matt, etc...when she had already made up her mind it was Bryan. It's all part of the show. Somebody has to go to the end regardless. I don't see what the big deal is. So he wants to be the lead. I'm sure there are few other guys in there that would also like to be the lead. One has to be, so why not him? Because he frustrated her and wouldn't spill he was in love? So what makes that worse than someone who says ILY knowing that they are not the one and is doing it because it is expected and a way of auditioning for the lead...cough, cough, Ben Higgins? Sorry, but it's all the same song and dance.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Just watched that breakup scene again and realized peter gave rachel so many openings that would have ended things if that was her objective goal anyway coming into the night, and this was just in the short 10 minutes that we saw, So I wonder how many there were if that fiasco really did go on for close to 3 hours.

1. P:  We could end this here and now is that what you want? R: No
2. P: I'm I the man you see spending the rest of your life with? R: doesn't answer when she could have said no if she came to breakup with him
3. P: I don't think I'm gonna lose you, I know I'm gonna lose you. (that seems like a perfect time for rachel to just say sorry and walk away but she didn't)

and this final one, when peter offers to propose, she was smart to decline that cause come on P!!! but she considered it for a sec when she asked "would you recent me?" or something like that.

It's all water under the bridge now but, just things I noticed

Last edited by FashionLover on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:29 pm

@FashionLover then why did he try to get to see her again after they did break up? Why did he say that 'We' re not breaking up' if he was offering her out. Imo they both knew they were breaking up, but it was hard, because they both suck at break ups, and want to rehash it to no end. Imo this is yet another reason, why they'd suck as a couple. Their arguments would last for days, because they would rehash and rehash and rehash and talk in circles. Neither one could just move on. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Cocoasneeze wrote:@FashionLover then why did he try to get to see her again after they did break up? Why did he say that 'We' re not breaking up' if he was offering her out. Imo they both knew they were breaking up, but it was hard, because they both suck at break ups, and want to rehash it to no end. Imo this is yet another reason, why they'd suck as a couple. Their arguments would last for days, because they would rehash and rehash and rehash and talk in circles.  Neither one could just move on. Jmo

I know peter wanted rachel. My point wasn't that he didn't want her. My point was that if her intention had been to breakup with him before she even got into the hotel room, she wasn't acting like it cause she should have grasped at all the little things peter would throw at her that were perfect to end things IMO

FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:39 pm

How do all of you feel about Bryan's edit? Do you feel it was fair or unfair to him? There have been some complaints from Brachel fans in BN that not enough of their love story was shown.

My opinion is that they showed as much of the love story as they could without giving it away entirely. I think seeing a bit more of their in-depth conversations would have been helpful. My issue is that my impression of Bryan for much of the season was that he was too smarmy and too smooth of an operator. In light of that, I questioned his sincerity. I think after hometowns, he did come off as being more sincere. I remember Rachel making a remark after the fact that she questioned his smoothness during the first night as well. So she was seeing what I was seeing at least for a period of time. Due to the edit, I was just seeing it for longer. I did wonder about Bryan's edit. During the season, I was thinking, well, the producers and editors can only work with what is given to them. And Bryan was IMO consistently giving off the same "too smooth" vibe.

When men have come on to me very strongly, the way that Bryan came on to Rachel, my immediate reaction has been, are you even seeing what is in front of you, or just living in your own fantasy land? It has seemed more about them and their needs for an over-blown romance than about me. Obviously Rachel for whatever reason was able to get past her initial "too smooth" reaction to Bryan, but due at least in part to the edit, I could not. Even Rachel's mom was skeptical of Bryan's assertion that he was falling in love with Rachel that very first night.

So my feeling is that the edit was not unfair to Bryan, but perhaps not as rounded as it could have been. Rachel picked a guy that raises the "ick" factor in me and in a number of fans, but it obviously works for her, so more power to them. And honestly, that's the worst that I can say about him. He's not a Chad, nor a DeMario, nor a Josh. I don't think he's a bad guy at all. He might be a really nice guy. Just not my type.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:41 pm

FashionLover wrote:
Cocoasneeze wrote:@FashionLover then why did he try to get to see her again after they did break up? Why did he say that 'We' re not breaking up' if he was offering her out. Imo they both knew they were breaking up, but it was hard, because they both suck at break ups, and want to rehash it to no end. Imo this is yet another reason, why they'd suck as a couple. Their arguments would last for days, because they would rehash and rehash and rehash and talk in circles.  Neither one could just move on. Jmo

I know peter wanted rachel. My point wasn't that he didn't want her. My point was that if her intention had been to breakup with him before she even got into the hotel room, she wasn't acting like it cause she should have grasped at all the little things peter would throw at her that were perfect to end things IMO

I think she sucks at breaking up. Who kisses the person they're breaking ip with, and tells them she loves them? It's been done to me once, and it's confusing, truly. That's the one negative I have for her. She's a lousy break upper.

But I do think she went there to break up, Peter didn't want that, Rachel wanted clarity and explanations, which Imo weren't needed. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:51 pm

He didn't want to see her to change her mind. I thought it was again to say he was sorry not in the heat of the moment.He talked in ATFR about how hard it was to have such an emotional ending and not be able to talk about it. I think they both said things in the good bye scene they would like to take back. It must have been hard for both of them to have the first time seeing each other after the emotional good bye on national TV immediately after re watching it. (Exactly what TPTB wanted).All JMO.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:56 pm

Rolly wrote:
He didn't want to see her to change her mind. I thought it was again to say he was sorry not in the heat of the moment.He talked in ATFR about how hard it was to have such an emotional ending and not be able to talk about it. I think they both said things in the good bye scene they would like to take back. It must have been hard for both of them to have the first time seeing each other after the emotional good bye on national TV immediately after re watching it. (Exactly what TPTB wanted).All JMO.

true. To some extent I think the live format was set up in part because they wanted the immediate reaction more then just to fill time. Since the finale was more about that break up IMO than the proposal it was like they wanted drama on that stage but p couldn't bite, although he was close when he said he has so much to say laugh out loud. Chris harrison pushing that they never even broke up, goading them about the final kiss ..they just wanted drama
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Cocoasneeze wrote:I think she sucks at breaking up. Who kisses the person they're breaking ip with, and tells them she loves them? It's been done to me once, and it's confusing, truly. That's the one negative I have for her.   She's a lousy break upper.

But I do think she went there to break up, Peter didn't want that, Rachel wanted clarity and explanations, which Imo weren't needed. Jmo

Hahah! Agreed! laugh out loud I think she has handled many breakups wrong this season - making out with Matt after eliminating him, telling Dean she was falling in love with him during goodbye, even being super cold to Fred during his elimination. Peter is not the only goodbye she has handled terribly IMO.

I agree that she went to Peter's room with the full intention of breaking up but IMO Peter started with the push-pull tactics yet again saying how he loves her, is not willing to give up on her, etc. IMO Peter did want the breakup, he just wanted it on his terms coz he is the lead after all.. wait, he isn't. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I think when he said that he would propose as a 'sacrifice', Rachel should have gotten up and said that 'She deserves better' and walked out. Now that would have been a clap-worthy breakup IMO. Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 46 4256136633

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:05 pm

@Amethyst I think the show couldn't hide the love story between Rachel and Bryan more if they tried. Rachel basically melted when she was around him. Her body gave her away. There's no hiding that. So Imo TPBP went with the 'is he true good to be true player' sl, and the sloppy seconds comment didn't  help with that.

Imo Bryan is just a very full on person romantically, passionate, knows what and who he wants, and goes after her full on, 100. He saw Rachel on Nick's season, thought they could hit it off, so he applied. And boy did he come prepared. He had made gifts for Rachel before coming on, ready made t shirts. Personalized. That's just one thing mentioned. Imo that's just his personality. Someone commented, that he prepared his outfit for dates for hours. After the show, he has re proposed to her each shv. To ME, that would be too much, I'd suffocate. Rachel eats it up, she seems to need that validation.

Imo there wasn't hiding his full on personality, and imo the fact that Peter was spoiled the F1 first against Bryan got that 'evil, sleazy Bryan' thing going, and there wasn't stopping it. Also, IMO people had a weird idea, that Rachel is a cool as a cucumber lawyer chick, and would need a cool as a cucumber person as her partner. That couldn't be further from the truth, IMO.

So, while the edit Imo couldn't hide the love story (I did want to see more of their in depth convoys, though), Bryan simply wasn't and isn't people's cup of tea, there wasn't hiding his full on personality (well, they could've showed him prepare for dates for hours, that would've made him look even more suspicious), but Imo their edit was fairly good. It just happens, that Peter got the F2/possible next lead edit, and there Imo wasn't competing with that. Jmo

Last edited by Cocoasneeze on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 59 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 52 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episode 10 FRC - Aug 7 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+90
Emilia23_12
lleyki
hb591
USAGold
bigbluebird
Mustang19
mindless
MiaHawk
Shadow
richmondrose
twinkle73