SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 28 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 54 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:01 am

According to this, I believe Milly is the ex that Matty has been referring to and based on the timeline (being in London) and his own words of being "devastated". Everything seems to fit that Milly is the ex he had his heart first broken by and one of the two women he said he loved and was devastated.

I've yet to see actual proof that Sarah is an ex of his and certainly not an ex that left him devastated. So while it may be speculation and Sarah have a similar "look" it doesn't seem at all to be a confirmed fact that Matty was in a relationship with Sarah or one he felt devastated by. From all accounts, to me I don't think Sarah is at all considering how they are still friends and still hang out to this day. No way imo that Matty would be doing that if Sarah was one he was devastated by. jmo

when he moved to London in 2012 and met Australian DJ Milly Gattegno, of The Faders.

“I thought: this is what I’ve been looking for. I had everything I’d ever wanted in a relationship,” he recalls.

But after two years the couple split, and Johnson was devastated.

“It was difficult to manage initially, when for so long you think you’re going in one direction, and then all of a sudden you’re heading in a new one.”

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 28 9504891fac47803d5d82737ceffeb885?width=366
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/matty-johnson-hey-there-romeo/news-story/3103ac626bf52e03d2e28c83f2ccbe97
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 28 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by Norcalgal Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:23 am

mercieme wrote:Matty DT Interview - Aug 18th

Hey there Romeo! Why The Bachelor Matty J has won Australia’s hearts
Osher Gunsberg, who has hosted The Bachelor for the past five seasons, similarly admits there’s something “special” about Johnson.

“For some reason I just clicked a little more with Matty,” says Gunsberg, 43.

“Matty just has this extraordinary superpower. He is a confident man, yet if anyone accidentally makes a faux pas or pronounces something incorrectly, he’ll dive on that grenade and make a self-deprecating comment.

“And he’ll have that quality long after he’s stopped going to the gym and his abs have disappeared.”

Source

I remember the guys on Georgia's season all loved Matty. And I think Osher nailed it when he said that Matty's personality will ensure his success long after his appearance fades. This guy is going to be every successful - and I actually think he is a nicer guy than Tim (Season 1 of AU Bachelor).
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Yep....I said all along that Sarah couldn't be the ex due the to the timing of the breakup of the girl Matty said he was in love with in London prior to coming back to AU. DM obviously took the speculation from here that Sarah was the ex and poor girl's name was blasted all over the media....with folks saying she looks like GL and Matty's mum.

Good that Matty has confirmed that it was Milly from the Fader DJ group which was kinda obvious in hindsight via the pics on their respective IGs...jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:26 pm

mercieme wrote:Yep....I said all along that Sarah couldn't be the ex due the to the timing of the breakup of the girl Matty said he was in love with in London prior to coming back to AU. DM obviously took the speculation from here that Sarah was the ex and poor girl's name was blasted all over the media....with folks saying she looks like GL and Matty's mum.

Good that Matty has confirmed that it was Milly from the Fader DJ group which was kinda obvious in hindsight via the pics on their respective IGs...jmo.

It was Laura who folks (me included) said she looks like, which IMO she absolutely does.  

That's not an insult to her and I don't think she would have taken it as such.  IMO people's "type" can extend to their friends as well as their partners and I found the pics of them together useful in getting a better idea of who Matty is.

I think it was an excellent piece of sleuthing on the part of whoever it was that remembered her from sleuthing Matty's IG during Georgia's season (sorry can't remember who) even if the exact nature of their relationship wasn't clear.  

DM made assumptions that she was the ex who broke Matty's heart and as I've said before, if they're going to lift info from here the onus is on them to check it before they publish it as fact.  They're meant to be the "professionals", not us.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:13 pm

I think it's more a case of it not being known for a fact that Sarah was an ex. For all I know Sarah may be related to Matty (maybe why she looks like his mum?). 

When it comes to fact vs speculation, regardless of what DM or other media posts, the key is that here on the forum we make sure to distinguish fact from speculation. 

That onus is on all of us on the forum and part of the forum rules and why the words "imo" etc are continually stressed because too often media does take something from here as fact. Which is fine as long as it's clearly distinguished here on the forum if it is fact or speculation so if media choose to publish info however they want what matters is whether something is stated as fact on the forum and there's either a source for such (and stated as a source) or proof of such to confirm fact from speculation.

So far for me, I am a bit confused by it all TBH as I don't know what the connection with Matty and Sarah is. It would be great if Matty or Sarah or someone who knows them could clear it up. But if not then I guess it's not anything since currently today they (Matty and Sarah) are hanging out together per her SM...

question
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Hold up. When did Laura start following Elise on Social Media? This is getting weird?
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:13 pm

Sundy wrote:Hold up. When did Laura start following Elise on Social Media?  This is getting weird?
After the season started and it was discussed on the threads that Laura never followed Elise she started following Elise (just another reason I think Laura reads this forum).

What's interesting to me is that Elise however still does not follow Laura and Elise did not include Laura as one of her friends in her interview.

That Elise never mentioned Laura as her friend from the house nor follows her confirms for me that while I don't think at all that there is bad blood, I don't think these two were as close as I think Laura is trying to make it out to be (considering Laura never followed Elise until it was mentioned on this forum that she wasn't).

I don't know what it is but I get the sense Laura is trying to project a certain image while Elise is just being herself. Not sure...
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Just watched Stringys segment on Tenplay regarding styling Matty. She said he is a bit of a fashionista and right into fashion and loves Ralph Lauren. I then ventured over to Laura's Toni May page and after each of the rings I s a description of the stones and the powers of the stones for women. They seem polar opposites to me and this further cements my thought that they, on paper, do not seem like a good match outside the bubble. If Laura is F1 it will be down to a physical attraction that neither could deny. I know stats say she is F1 but it still doesn't make sense to me
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:19 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4804370/The-Bachelor-Matty-J-finds-fault-mansion.html

Matty's season has only aired eight of its expected 15 episodes, with the reality star likely to see double the antics from his potential ladyloves.

I thought it would be more like 16 episodes??
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:28 pm

@allaboutlove......thanks so much for reitirating why folks need to use IMO when specualting. For all we know now DM can now go with another story that Matty is hanging with his ex GF. I won't go back to the posts but my recollection is that some folks stated it as a fact on here that Sarah was Matty's ex.

@Leapoffaith, DM made a mistake, it's 16 episodes, it's in that interview that AAL brought over from the show's executive producer. Excerpt below...

"Ten is not boosting the number of episodes in either program. There will be 16 episodes of The Bachelor and 12 episodes of The Bachelorette. Expect more of a focus on relationships between the bachelor and his dates, a modification requested by the audience."
Source

Last edited by mercieme on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Sundy wrote:Just watched Stringys segment on Tenplay regarding styling Matty. She said he is a bit of a fashionista and right into fashion and loves Ralph Lauren. I then ventured over to Laura's Toni May page and after each of the rings I s a description of the stones and the powers of the stones for women. They seem polar opposites to me and this further cements my thought that they, on paper, do not seem like a good match outside the bubble. If Laura is F1 it will be down to a physical attraction that neither could deny. I know stats say she is F1 but it still doesn't make sense to me

ITA that from what we can see of Laura's personality on the show and on her social media that she is a hippy free spirit type, where Matty seems a bit more posh, sort of straight and traditional. We know that the Bachelor's choice of F1 is more often ruled by what little Bachie likes, rather than what would happen in the real world, Richie being a prime example of this.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:59 pm

i could be making assumptions here, but it didnt appear to me that milly was exactly "posh"...jmo...
it seems to me matty needs a gal with a certain energy, intelligence and wit about her, more than anything, jmo

Re this..."Ten is not boosting the number of episodes in either program. There will be 16 episodes of The Bachelor and 12 episodes of The Bachelorette. Expect more of a focus on relationships between the bachelor and his dates, a modification requested by the audience."
Source

............Guess they forgot that the modification requested by the audience meant less drama in the house, not more....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 80 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 54 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+37
AprilApril
Pongo
carraiger
Rikkim
BasicallytheFBI
iamreal2u
Miyala
BlueJeans
Schnitty4lyf
makeover
zaraz