SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Page 5 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by lleyki Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:54 pm

This was something that came up a lot during the season when the discussion was around Bryan's following Lee and some insisted he wouldn't be if he was the Final 1. And I said then, the same thing I will say now. Some people, like myself, rarely unfollow others because we're just not that focused on it. If people are nitpicking and watching every little thing someone does, then they may not get it or assumptions and opinions will be formed. But the truth is there are many people who follow someone without much thought and similarly, forget about it if they're not in contact with them or not that social media obsessed. 

Bryan and Rachel admitted in their AOL interview that being older than the usual Bachelor contestants/crowd they're actually not that great at social media or social media savvy. So it's very possible he followed this woman and since she's not on his mind at all and it's done and over with, he just never unfollowed her. I have followed people that I quite literally forget that I follow. 

If you follow a lot of people and I think Bryan follows like 400 people or something like that (which made me suspect he's one of those people who has one conversation with someone and just follows them), it's easy for a lot of them to get buried on your timeline to where you don't even see their stuff and as a result, can even forget that you're following them. 

Personally, IMO, scrutinizing and meticulously going through to unfollow people that you barely remember are on your timeline comes across as trying too hard and having something to hide. People who have something to hide are the ones who try to come across as completely spotless and perfect. IMO

Last edited by lleyki on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

Post by Aria Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:58 pm

@lleyki That's a fair point - I forgot that he does follow 501 people, so he might not even be seeing her posts. I never thought anything of the Lee thing either (especially when guys like Will, Fred, Anthony, etc were following him) so that's a valid comparison. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:05 pm

@lleyki, To support your point, Dean unfollowed him and I remember lots of people commenting to unfollow Dean but he never bothered to.
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:08 pm

lleyki wrote:This was something that came up a lot during the season when the discussion was around Bryan's following Lee and some insisted he wouldn't be if he was the Final 1. And I said then, the same thing I will say now. Some people, like myself, rarely unfollow others because we're just not that focused on it. If people are nitpicking and watching every little thing someone does, then they may not get it or assumptions and opinions will be formed. But the truth is there are many people who follow someone without much thought and similarly, forget about it if they're not in contact with them or not that social media obsessed. 

Bryan and Rachel admitted in their AOL interview that being older than the usual Bachelor contestants/crowd they're actually not that great at social media or social media savvy. So it's very possible he followed this woman and since she's not on his mind at all and it's done and over with, he just never unfollowed her. I have followed people that I quite literally forget that I follow. 

If you follow a lot of people and I remember I think Bryan follows like 400 people or something like that (which made me suspect he's one of those people who has one conversation with someone and just follows them), it's easy for a lot of them to get buried on your timeline to where you don't even see their stuff and as a result, can even forget that you're following them. 

Personally, IMO, scrutinizing and meticulously going through to unfollow people that you barely remember are on your timeline comes across as trying too hard and having something to hide. People who have something to hide are the ones who try to come across as completely spotless and perfect. IMO

I was going to say something quite similar and agree.
I've been married for a long time. There are men I follow and friend that I know my spouse would not recognize. Maybe I know them from work, maybe from IDK--this or that. None of it means a hill of beans and none of it's worth unfriending or unfollowing. I don't think DH would think twice about it.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Murakamee Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:13 pm

I am barely on SM (twitter, facebook, instagram, etc.), but I have more than 300 Facebook "friends" and I don't know half of these people personally. Most are authors or readers that share similar literary interests with me for networking and book recommendations. I don't communicate with 99% of them on a regular basis or follow what's happening in their daily lives. I don't even communicate with most of my real friends and family on a regular basis. So, I was never moved to emotion over that SM follow, unfollow stuff. I think Bryan is fine. I try to put my trust in Rachel's decision making. Even when it's hard (like keeping Peter for so long or with the PR stuff). At the end of the day, that's all anyone can do.

It's their relationship.
Murakamee
Murakamee

Female Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:17 pm

lleyki wrote:
:yes: that's basically the point I was trying to make. FWIW, if I am not wrong, Bryan and his ex of 4 years still follows each other. I don't think it means anything with this chick. Personally speaking, I still follow my ex on SM and he still follows me and we are both in new relationships now, laugh out loud. As long as someone is not flooding my timeline with incessant pics or videos, I wouldn't notice much.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:28 pm

oh darn it, and people were really trying to find dirt on him too!  laugh out loud
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:19 pm

makeover wrote:
lleyki wrote:
:yes:  that's basically the point I was trying to make. FWIW, if I am not wrong, Bryan and his ex of 4 years still follows each other. I don't think it means anything with this chick. Personally speaking, I still follow my ex on SM and he still follows me and we are both in new relationships now, laugh out loud. As long as someone is not flooding my timeline with incessant pics or videos, I wouldn't notice much.  

I'm pretty sure he and the ex are still friends or friendly. I guess some won't see it as a big deal because I believe she's married with a child as opposed to this woman who I guess is some hot, single model. My previous point still stands of course.

Last edited by lleyki on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:40 pm

Their relationship speaks for itself IMHO. They have both said they are and have been honest and upfront with each other. We have no idea what if when these conversations took place if in fact they did or if the story is an exaggeration.

I'm going to continue to enjoy this couple who are IMO displaying a lot of love and affection for each other and IMO that's all that matters. The way I see it, it was a successful season where two people clearly fell in love with obstacles along the way, continued obstacles, and they are displaying nothing but pure joy at being out of the bubble.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:51 pm

I actually think him not doing a mass unfollow shows that they have a real relationship and aren't focused on what happened in the past.

If he unfollowed would it seem like he was trying to hide something?
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:13 pm

I will preface this with Bryan is not my type but he seems to know what Rachel needs and enjoys being her significant other.

I raised an eyebrow when the Dr. Abs stuff hit the market before they closed the door behind them on the way out from ATFR. Shilling, striking while iron is hot or what not it makes me feel like I should watch the decisions he makes going forward a little bit closer. I'm not in the anti-Bryan camp but he doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies just yet. In other words, I'm not sure if he's just trying to impress Rachel or if he REALLY wants to impress Rachel for a lifetime.

With that said... I'm sure it's out there somewhere in an interview. What are their immediate plans regarding thei living arrangement as in together? I heard Dallas, Miami or LA. Are they going to live together in Dallas while they figure it out? Has Rachel quit her job?

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tajlena Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:38 am

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 5 Img_1015
Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion  - Page 5 Img_1016

Source: http://instagram.com/therachlindsay

IMO This is an example of how far unscrupulous people are willing to go to make Bryan look like scum.

This is the reason why I don't believe any of these people, especially if they're desperate Peter fans like the woman making the accusation. It was a random comment about a roommate with no details to back up her claims imo. Given the fact that no one has been able to produce any receipts on this man, who has been scrutinized more than most in the history of the franchise imo, he is innocent until proven guilty. People should be held accountable for false accusations, but unfortunately rarely are they called out and those accused are then already stuck with the label.

Last edited by Tajlena on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add Source)

Tajlena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion

+70
whit90
TheWrongReasons
hae1001
SelmaHB
Tiggerlgh