SELECT CONTENT

BACHELOR 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr General Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BACHELOR 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr  General Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: BACHELOR 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr General Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Post by aviej Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:51 am

@grace8136 I could be mistaken but they played that guitar type music which let's you know that that person is a top contender. Plus, the way he was so attentive to her, I don't know. I just picked up that's he's into her and it's something we haven't seen before. I also think we need to watch Tia as well. Typically the F1 gets a group date rose, but there have been leads who haven't. I don't know. This season seems a bit odd to me. Bekah is the clear F1 but because of the age factor, it an't possibly be right? Maybe Arie may do like his buddy Sean and choose someone we didn't see coming. I mean, we knew Catherine had a connection with Sean but we never considered her to be a potential F1 until late in the game. So maybe this is the same scenario? I don't know.
aviej
aviej

Back to top Go down

BACHELOR 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr  General Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: BACHELOR 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr General Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Post by agentcurls Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:11 am

The coast cap I believe is Positano near the Amalfi coast of Italy and really not too far from Tuscany (I've been there! Beautiful place!)

I believe blonde Lauren who's left is from VA Beach. So the ex could be hers. The accents could be thick there as well.

Last edited by agentcurls on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:24 am

@grace8136, brava, lady! It seems like you knocked us all out with the Kendall revelation in F3. When I read that thread, I was like, "Who is Kendall?!" That would be dazzling if someone emerges who's completely unexpected. Grace, because of that and the posts about Beks, now I want to watch the season! It sounds like things are right on time to be revving up. Yes! :claphands
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:12 am

Watched the M&G yet again, and...Kendall is featured in a number of PIs.
'The competition is looking pretty fierce out there, so the race is on"
"I didn't expect the competition to be so intense tonight"
"We all want to be that girl at the end that he gets down on one knee for"
And then her little ditty on the ukelele "there are plenty of fish in the sea, but you're the fish for me"  Smiley

She was basically hidden in ep. 2, but VO of Krystal saying "some girls here are a little weird" while Kendall is showing Arie her stuffed seal. When Arie called Kendall out at RC she said "the taxidermy didn't scare you?" and he laughed. (I noticed he laughs a lot with her.)

No date at all for Kendall in ep. 3, but at the RC CP she snuck in time away from Annaliese & then they creep back into the house giggling and holding hands as Annaleise sulks in the corner. Cut to Arie & Kendall near the fireplace, she says when she's really interested in someone, she likes to take it slow and "once I start kissing you, I'm afraid I won't want to stop" Arie says " I think I have a pretty good beat on you"

Sometimes the lead purposely leaves frontrunners out of dates so maybe that's why she didn't get one this week.

I discounted Kendall at first because I thought she was just "the quirky one" who might be trying to launch a music career, but after their interaction in ep. 4 & @grace8136 SC find in the Peru sand, I think she could be a real contender! That would actually be great for Arie to have a slow-burn romance and would increase his chances of success in love at the end.

agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:05 am

While Kendall certainly has the possibility of going far, I just don't see her as F1 material. The taxidermy thing for one. Tptb are bringing it up far too much and as a joke. The fact that Arie is laughing about it with her also doesn't bode F1. Also, she is chasing him, so I don't see her as F1. As of now, top 6 with possibility of F4.

I also don't see baby Becca as F1 either. From the beginning I have said we are seeing too much of her in the promos and now in the episodes. That said, I really think he has the best connection with her from anyone else I have seen. It is fun and carefree and physical. Yes, she is young and I doubt it would last...but then I rarely think any of them will. IMO he is trying to present this image of himself as wanting to settle down...personally I don't buy it. I think, he thinks that the audience wouldn't buy him with her because of the age difference and for that I don't think he would pick her. I think he will pick someone who he thinks the audience will find appropriate for a 36 year old guy to settle down with. 

I don't know what it is, but I just can't get into this season. I am not finding him in anyway compelling and mostly, I am just finding him dull and fake at best and plain creepy at worst. The only interesting woman is baby Becca and I just don't see anything developing because he is just faking it and going through the motions with all of them and she wouldn't look good for his image. IMO I don't see him with anyone and I foresee a clichéd ending with a suitable break up shortly after. Terrible season for me.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:33 am

You could be right about Kendall, Sprite.
He seems to be chasing Lauren at the moment.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about Arie...I think since he's done this once before, he's being careful & strategic about how close and unguarded he is allowing the girls and himself to be since there are still quite a few left. Who he chooses at the end will likely indicate what his priorities are in a relationship. If he chooses Bekah (a real possibility), then I think he he will just be living in the moment and enjoying the ride until they break-up post-show.
I think time will tell as far as how genuine Arie is with these girls and his readiness to settle down. What does he have to gain by doing this gig a second time? He already had notoriety and a successful career.
And while I don't think Arie is as articulate as I have seen him the past, I do think there is a depth to him and some layers. He has been gravitating towards some of the quirkier girls and likes them to bring on the goofiness. He has cut lose some of the prettier girls who maybe lacked substance or spunk. imo

agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:00 pm

@sprite I agree on Baby Beks not being F1. I think her age is going to do her in, maybe even before HTD. I haven't seen her in any caps in Italy, but will look again today. I thought Arie was being sincere when he was talking about not wanting to pick someone who turns out not to be ready. He may actually be ready, he mentioned that he's slowing down, is at his family's house every other day, and his little brother recently got married. He seemed concerned that BabyB might still want to go to clubs because he's done with that. IDK, I'm thinking that the right girl doesn't seem to be there more than that he has no genuine interest in finding someone. I'm a cynic of this show though, so I may change my mind later.

So you don't think sand dune girl is Kendall? I was comparing arms. Not muscular enough, too thin for Krystal's arms. Watching the video, her movement seems right for Kendall, but I'll keep looking for a clothes match.

@agentcurls thanks for the Positano ID!!! One other quote on Kendall was Jenny leaving, "I can't believe I lost to the taxidermy girl." She got an intro video, as did BB and Chelsea. Maybe that doesn't matter anymore? Catherine's wasn't part of the episode though there was one on the ABC site. In Ben's season, IIRC Lauren didn't have one.

I thought Caroline was going to go further. I'm a little confused about his type because of Emily. Emily is not active, sporty, goofy/funny/quirky like Kendall or BB. She's a bit of a firecracker, but also not as laid back IMO. She was the southern belle that brought out the protective/manly side of Arie. He mentioned that "feeling like a man" thing to Tia. *rolls eyes* He said he leads with physical and that was there w/Emily. Was Emily just not really his type or is there someone else more like her there? Chelsea? Lauren? I don't recall caps of Chelsea in Italy. Will look again. He also said he wants a partner to cheer on so she'll need to have her own interests/career.

@veg_out Thanks. I've always enjoyed your funny commentary, so I hope you get more into the season. I've kind of lost interest in the franchise as a whole, so I'm not paying as much attention, but maybe Arie can turn that around. I always like the later episodes with fewer girls more.
@aviej I missed the guitar music with Lauren. Good catch!

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:10 pm

agentcurls wrote:You could be right about Kendall, Sprite.
He seems to be chasing Lauren at the moment.

I'm trying to keep an open mind about Arie...I think since he's done this once before, he's being careful & strategic about how close and unguarded he is allowing the girls and himself to be since there are still quite a few left. Who he chooses at the end will likely indicate what his priorities are in a relationship. If he chooses Bekah (a real possibility), then I think he he will just be living in the moment and enjoying the ride until they break-up post-show.
I think time will tell as far as how genuine Arie is with these girls and his readiness to settle down. What does he have to gain by doing this gig a second time? He already had notoriety and a successful career.
And while I don't think Arie is as articulate as I have seen him the past, I do think there is a depth to him and some layers. He has been gravitating towards some of the quirkier girls and likes them to bring on the goofiness. He has cut lose some of the prettier girls who maybe lacked substance or spunk. imo

I'm not seeing any depth. He even said in the episode that he leads with physicality in a relationship and that is clear here. 

While I agree with you that he is being strategic I think we probably see that happening for different reasons. You seem to be giving him more of the benefit of the doubt and I'm not. I actually found him pretty genuine on Emily's season, but not so much on his own. I don't think it has anything to do with how many women are left and I doubt who he picks at the end will indicate his priorities in a relationship. I think he is trying to look good and who he picks will have everything to do with that and nothing with wanting a real relationship. I have never seen a lead less into any of his women than Arie. NEVER. I think it will be a sh*t show post show. I suspect a quick break up and probably the women accusing him post show of not being genuine. I guess that happens to some degree every season, but based on how little he seems to be into anyone, I expect it more this season.

As for his successful career...not as much as tptb are presenting it. He was basically a dud of a driver...just like JPab and his soccer career. A dud all around for me.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:22 pm

@grace8136 I think Arie likes dumb, hot blondes. I think that is more his regular type. I think an intelligent woman who challenges him is toast since he doesn't seem that bright himself. He talks about being active and so that might play into who he picks, although the deciding factor will probably be hotness. I just don't see any depth or genuine emotion from him.

It is still fairly early in the season and I guess Arie could develop feelings for someone as the season progresses, but we know from past leads that they usually have the top 4 basically from night one. I can usually pick them from the M&G, but not here. That makes me think that he really wasn't into anyone. Sure he will pick someone because that is the show, but I just don't see it like I normally do and that makes me think this season is even more fake than usual. My only question is how badly will they throw him under the bus? That is the only thing still keeping me watching.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:53 pm

*snipped* from @grace8136

So you don't think sand dune girl is Kendall? I was comparing arms. Not muscular enough, too thin for Krystal's arms. Watching the video, her movement seems right for Kendall, but I'll keep looking for a clothes match.

@agentcurls thanks for the Positano ID!!! One other quote on Kendall was Jenny leaving, "I can't believe I lost to the taxidermy girl." She got an intro video, as did BB and Chelsea. Maybe that doesn't matter anymore? Catherine's wasn't part of the episode though there was one on the ABC site. In Ben's season, IIRC Lauren didn't have one.

Yes, I still think the hair and lower body matches. The upper body might look different because of the crop top.

Lauren B, of Ben's season did have an into video I believe.

Arie is tripping himself up about his actual type because he wants to feel like a "needed man" (Krystal, Lauren, Chelsea) but he also likes strong independent types (Bekah, Becca, Kendall, Seinne) Maybe he's looking for a little bit of both?
Also, the Arie that fell in love with someone like Emily is probably not the Arie of Today with 5 more years of the single life behind him. He also dated Courtney Robinson (Ben Flajnik's F1) a bit of a firecracker and pretty far in personality from Emily. It's possible he likes all kinds of girls and he's just looking for "that something." (Bekah so far)

Last edited by agentcurls on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:01 pm

@Sprite - It's true I haven't seen some of the other Bachelor seasons (I skipped Dr Travis, PrinceLo, Brad 2.0, Ben F, Farmer Chris, & JuanP, but I think Arie is being quite affectionate physically and giving them more eye contact than some of the other leads I've seen. Also, Arie is older and has probably had his share of beautiful women and so he is maybe a little jaded and waiting for someone to knock his socks off before he gets overly excited or eager over some of these ladies.

Maybe there were no clear F4-6 night one because this season is more like Sean's (late bloomer slow-burn) or maybe Arie is more savvy about acting and playing it out to keep the audience guessing. This season preview didn't tell us quite as much as season previews of seasons past. imo

agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:07 pm

@agentcurls
I meant that for Sprite. She thought Kendall would only go as far as F6-4 so I was assuming she didn't think the cap was a match for Kendall.

Good points on his type, the X factor and it evolving over the last 5 years.

So of the contenders, Becca K and Lauren didn't have an intro video this time. If that matters, that leaves Kendall or Tia if we assume Baby Bek goes.

Edit: I found Baby Bek in Italy near the leaning tower of Pisa, so scratch her being out by Italy, (not that I'm positive that Italy is after Paris).

grace8136

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

BACHELOR 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr General Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

+22
grace8136
aviej
terrypat
marloon
agentcurls
MVMom39forever
4health
Bet2Win
northernviewer
vacayeveryday
Katiebelle