SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Page 21 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 50 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by Idlemess Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:20 pm

NostalgicNZA wrote:Omg another Flo fan @alwaystulips ! Haha thanks @mercieme laugh out loud

Always nice to have company.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by aprawn Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:21 pm

Thanks guys you have been more helpful then some of the people i've been friends with for 10 years *sigh* i feel the love xo Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 21 2498057887

aprawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:13 pm

Bumbleguild wrote:So the official BachelorAu instagram has only chosen to tag Laura and Matty, and Elise and Matty in their posts. Do you think they chose to tag Elise after everyone called them out for making it too obvious Laura is F1?

Also, the only thing that is making me not accept Laura as F1 is that it is Elise's voice last in the first promo and I can't shake that. I thought it was always the winner who spoke last in those? Thoughts?

If the comments on FB, as to the confusion who wins are anything to go by then TPTB have done an excellent job of editing this season. To me the only thing obvious about the objectives of TPTB is to keep the viewer guessing. Most people want Tara to win. Some people write they will hunt Matty down if she doesn't. IMO, going by past seasons Tara is Nikki and Matty 2.0 and Laura is Lee and Alex, she has there from the start and isn't going away.
So where does this leave Elise? Either the whole 'slow burn' is a red herring or it is genuine. I choose to believe it is the latter. Even if Matty is a puppet during the show he is allowed to make his own choice of winner. In his interviews he has stressed he gave himself time for his feelings to develop. And I also believe Matty respects Elise's dad. I ask myself often does Matty really want to be Australia's biggest disgrace by doing the very thing Elise's dad said not to do, which was to string his daughter along. And another question I have is why the producers even showed us that scene?
And has been mentioned in the forum before, in Elise's fishing game they showed us 3 photos. One was Elise's family - we have met her dad and others at HTD. The second was her hockey career - Matty organised the hockey date. The third is wine and cheese on the beach - I am going down with the ship they have this in Thailand yes
As for the last voice being the F1, I am new to sluething but regular posters say that is the case.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueJeans Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:59 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYdIZ1IgtL

Alex Nation commented on Laura's photo and follows her but doesn't seem to follow any other contestants...

BlueJeans

Back to top Go down

Post by AprilApril Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:18 pm

@Storybook It was alleged that Matty fell hard for F1 and it was difficult to edit the show to hide this.
IMO if this is true, only Elise's edit fits in with this. They had to hide her for as long as possible, for example not showing her red carpet arrival or not showing any of her talks with Matty before the fishing game (which also IA with others can't have been the first time her hockey career was mentioned for example).
I don't know why he waited for so long to have an SD with her. But let's say once he did start spending time with her things picked up and it was obvious that Elise was his choice. So they had to hide this in the edit.
Instead they put up Laura as the frontrunner, and they have shown Tara/Florence/Elora as credible contenders from the start. Elise could have been in the same category as Tara/Florence/Elora and been shown along with them, she could have had a similar edit and not be hidden.
But they hid her - why? As was pointed out viewers/fans do not need a new face this late, they have say Tara as the fan favourite, so if Elise is not important in any way, why hide her in the beginning and pick her story up only now?

Along with what was written about Elise's dad etc and the last voice being Elise IMO too, I am hoping that F1 is Elise.

And they are promoting Laura way too much.
This could be a double bluff, and if Laura is F1 then that is fine, but in this case still not sure why have Elise bought out of hibernation this late in the piece, noone 'needs' another contender thrown in, we all have our favourites by now, judging from the majority of comments on SM she is a distraction not a threat - even Lisa was still on the audience's favourite list and many were surprised to see her gone.

As I said before the spoiler on sportsbet is disturbing, the only real thing that gives me pause to think, but as others pointed out they could be wrong.
As for the F1 music (and other editing choices such as preseason promo etc ) many of you write that that is somewhat mixed up anyway and it really could be that the producers have a new rulebook.

Not sure if this makes sense, it seems all logical in my head!
I choose to think that Matty fell in love with Elise and it was hard to hide this obviousness  - hence the very unusal edit of the season.
All IMO.

AprilApril

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:35 pm

@AprilApril Thanks for your post, I enjoyed reading it. You make some good points. I had read media reports on how Matty couldn't hide his feelings. But what is amazing to me is how some people see Matty display genuine feelings for Laura and no one else. Others think he looks at Tara differently, others think he has a connection with Flo. A few people think Matty and Elise have chemistry but not many.
I agree with your thought that once Matty started spending time with Elise he was a gonner Smiley

From an article I read about Sportsbet they were hoping to get the photos taken in Thailand to set the betting odds. But this didn't happen. Channel 10 paid a lot of money to keep the photographers from publishing their photos. Sportsbet need inside information and call me naive, but I honestly don't believe a channel 10 employee spoilt the result. This means they have to rely on second hand information. Their lack of knowledge is in question over the odds they gave Lisa.
Laura had media exposure before the show began and IMO, which could well be wrong, I think they probably went with this.

Matty has said over and over he is an outdoors person and a family man. IMO Elise best fits both requirements. But if Laura is the one who Matty can see himself with, then what I think doesn't matter.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Missfi Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:25 am

@aprilapril
I completely agree with you. It just makes no sense to hide Elise's red carpet arrival or other early interactions with Matty unless it was obvious. If you watch there first QT and SD they were very at ease with one and other for two people that "apparently" had spent no time together. I think we may see the whole story in the finale and I choose to believe this is not Matty 2.0. I think she will be the last one standing. Fingers crossed.

Missfi

Back to top Go down

Post by AprilApril Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:36 am

@Storybook so hopeful that this is what happens with sportsbet.

I loved Matty and Elise's date. Also he is dancing with her next time... And we all know what happens when Matty is dancing with someone... haha.

Also I was the person who went to the pre-screening to Channel 10 a day before the show aired. I did not mention this before but I will reluctantly share this now - as it is very vague and therefore maybe ultimately meaningless.

The exchange went a bit like this. Matty was asked when he made up his mind and the questioner asked him, understandably, not to say that it was at the FRC. He did not answer this question but started to gesture with his hands, showing a spectrum and said something about choosing between fun and smart. As he was saying this I thought this is odd - is he implying that the fun person is not intelligent - but (and this is where the vagueness comes in) he did not say it this way. I don't know how he said it but it definitely was not hurtful and he definitely did not imply that there was a choice between a fun 'person' and a smart 'person'. But the words and the distinction and the notion fun/smart were used. The friend I went to the pre-screening with has the exact same recollection - I just spoke to her and asked her neutrally what she remembers Matty said about his choice. I never discussed this before with my friend and she just said that she had the exact same memory of his reply.

So there is... Tara (or Florence - they are both fun). I love Tara and Florence very much. The sleuthing here tells me that they are probably not F1.

And on the other end could be Laura and Elise - they are also fun but are shown (edited to be shown) to have more depth such as running a business.

But: I gasped a bit when Elise stuck the heart on Matty's head to signify that she likes his intelligence - as I never forgot the Q&A with Matty and his unprompted reply using the words fun and intelligence.

As I said this is vague and it can be a stock/scripted answer like all others but what if it is not.

AprilApril

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:45 am

@AprilApril thank you soooo much for sharing you went to the pre-screening. I am totally jealous you saw Matty J live!
What you have said is very interesting and makes for an excellent analysis. Smart IMO is definitely Elise and as you said, she admired this quality in Matty, and Matty knew it was Elise who put the heart there. This speaks volumes to me.
As for fun, Tara comes immediately to mind. I have thought for a while Tara and Elise are the final two. But people have said no to Tara because of the date of her activity on SM.
I will read over your post again in detail. And thanks again for sharing cheerleader

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:48 am

Ladies awesome discussion going on here. @Storybook @AprilApril I am going to move your posts to the F1-F4 thread because it has some IMO some key nuggets in there for F1-F4 clues...thanks.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:07 am

AprilApril wrote:@Storybook It was alleged that Matty fell hard for F1 and it was difficult to edit the show to hide this.
IMO if this is true, only Elise's edit fits in with this.
They had to hide her for as long as possible, for example not showing her red carpet arrival or not showing any of her talks with Matty before the fishing game (which also IA with others can't have been the first time her hockey career was mentioned for example).
I don't know why he waited for so long to have an SD with her. But let's say once he did start spending time with her things picked up and it was obvious that Elise was his choice. So they had to hide this in the edit.
Instead they put up Laura as the frontrunner, and they have shown Tara/Florence/Elora as credible contenders from the start. Elise could have been in the same category as Tara/Florence/Elora and been shown along with them, she could have had a similar edit and not be hidden.
But they hid her - why? As was pointed out viewers/fans do not need a new face this late, they have say Tara as the fan favourite, so if Elise is not important in any way, why hide her in the beginning and pick her story up only now?

Along with what was written about Elise's dad etc and the last voice being Elise IMO too, I am hoping that F1 is Elise.

And they are promoting Laura way too much.
This could be a double bluff, and if Laura is F1 then that is fine, but in this case still not sure why have Elise bought out of hibernation this late in the piece, noone 'needs' another contender thrown in, we all have our favourites by now, judging from the majority of comments on SM she is a distraction not a threat - even Lisa was still on the audience's favourite list and many were surprised to see her gone.

As I said before the spoiler on sportsbet is disturbing, the only real thing that gives me pause to think, but as others pointed out they could be wrong.
As for the F1 music (and other editing choices such as preseason promo etc ) many of you write that that is somewhat mixed up anyway and it really could be that the producers have a new rulebook.

Not sure if this makes sense, it seems all logical in my head!
I choose to think that Matty fell in love with Elise and it was hard to hide this obviousness  - hence the very unusal edit of the season.
All IMO.

Re: the bold, the article alleging Matty was having trouble hiding his favourite was printed April 6 HERE so IMO it could not have been referring to Elise because they didn't even have their first date until April 11 and they would have spent very little time together to that point. Also Elise has said in interviews that until that point she had considered leaving - which IMO would not have been the case if there was some mind-blowing connection that had to be concealed. JMO
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AprilApril Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:09 am

@Storybook I was lucky considering that I never watched any season before (watched GL's season as my first), only found this site recently and only saw the promotion mentioned here... I already wrote earlier that Osher said he did not pick Matty's choice but this was shown to be a misdirection since apparently he says this every season.

AprilApril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 50 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

+42
bondi_blonde
Mommyof2
Ash
Norcalgal
ideas_ideas
Hooked
spangler
Skeppy
Rikkim
Schnitty4lyf
carraiger