SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

Page 5 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

Post by Billysmom Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Discussion  - Page 5 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

Post by Mgrissom Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:36 pm

I am a Nick fan, but I think he needs to take some advice from his parents and be open to falling for someone who is not quite so strong and opinionated. He mentioned on the show that he wants there to be give and take, but having had his way for most of his life (He has lived life on his own as long as he was under his parents care.) my guess is that he likes for things to go his way most of the time.

I am really glad N and V have kept the details of their relationship and break up quiet. I respect them both and hope they both find someone outside the bachelor world soon.

Mgrissom

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Mgrissom wrote:I am a Nick fan, but I think he needs to take some advice from his parents and be open to falling for someone who is not quite so strong and opinionated.  He mentioned on the show that he wants there to be give and take, but having had his way for most of his life (He has lived life on his own as long as he was under his parents care.) my guess is that he likes for things to go his way most of the time.

I am really glad N and V have kept the details of their relationship and break up quiet. I respect them both and hope they both find someone outside the bachelor world soon.
V gave a interview with Pepole magazine about their break up but I highly doubt we will ever hear from Nick.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by thisgurlovesbach Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] oh alright then. I don't follow her closely and I didn't know that she was paid to promote the app and other public figures form the bachelor . I'm not a hardcore Nick or Vanessa fan so all I knew that she was a paid PR person hired to promote Vanessa. I thought this since she was ALWAYS with Vanessa at the NBY event and Nick was walking alone most of the time taking pics with fans.Sorry about that, hope no one is offended by my posts
thisgurlovesbach
thisgurlovesbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:26 pm

thisgurlovesbach wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] oh alright then. I don't follow her closely and I didn't know that she was paid to promote the app and other public figures form the bachelor . I'm not a hardcore Nick or Vanessa fan so all I knew that she was a paid PR person hired to promote Vanessa. I thought this since she was ALWAYS with Vanessa at the NBY event and Nick was walking alone most of the time taking pics with fans.Sorry about that, hope no one is offended by my posts

No worries.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:23 am

It's been a rough few weeks in the fandom and so I want to instil some positivity in this thread and talk about why I'm a fan of Nick. It's funny to think about how I feel about him now given that I didn't really like him all that much in the beginning; when he was on Andi's season I--like a lot of people, I suspect-- had troubles looking past his villainous edit and therefore I didn't think much of him at the time. But over the years, as I got to 'know' Nick and learn more and more about his true character, I really grew to appreciate him as a person and I can honestly say that I'm still really proud to support him.

When I look at Nick, I see someone who is easily misunderstood. I think that people like to take his easy confidence as proof of him being 'cocky' and 'overconfident' but what I see is someone who knows himself, flaws and all, and who is wise enough to understand that no one is perfect--that the best policy is to just follow your heart and allow yourself the freedom to be you in any given situation. Sure, his mentality may have made him a controversial figure in Bachelor Nation but, over time, it has also made him something of a role model in my eyes. It's not everyday that you come across someone who seems to practice what they preach and Nick has always been that person. However, even then I think that Nick is still misunderstood because I feel like there are a lot of people who tend to label him as a 'womanizing, man-child philanderer who only cares about fame' when anyone who knows anything about Nick knows that he's actually a very vulnerable, introverted, nice guy who endearingly gets nervous when he's about to take a risk but who never lets those nerves get in the way of pursing his dreams and desires in the end. Anyone who knows anything about Nick knows that though he is interested in making it in the entertainment business, he's far from a fame-whore as he's actually a private person who prefers to keep his friendship circles small and who gets annoyed whenever the paparazzi harass him, but who is also very ambitious and hard-working and who enjoys living life to the fullest and taking opportunities that come his way. The general media perception of Nick is far from flattering and yet somehow Nick has managed to take everything in stride and not allow himself to feel bitter about the misconceptions that people tend to make on his character. He's clearly a very strong and level-headed person; he takes accountability for his actions, both good and bad, and I love the fact that he believes that no one is as good or as bad as they appear on TV. Though Nick is a confident guy, he doesn't put himself on a pedestal or pretend that he's some perfect human being. He owns who he is and the reason why he doesn't feel the need to apologize for his character is because he knows that his intentions are never malicious, even when other people try to make them out to be.    

However, the thing that I love most about Nick is his ability to express himself with a level of thoughtfulness and sincerity that is unmatched by anyone that I know. There's something about his manner of speaking that I just find so honest and genuine--almost as if he can't be bothered to come up with a lie because it's just not in his nature to do so. I don't know of another public figure who values honesty and authenticity more than Nick does, and he preaches his beliefs in both his actions and his words on a regular basis. Nick will say and do as he pleases but everything that he says and does will always be in service of staying true to himself which is why he also values honesty and authenticity in those around him and therefore makes sure to surround himself with people who are also genuine, honest and unapologetically themselves (I think that the list of close friends that he has in Bachelor Nation speak for itself).

Most of all, I love that Nick is someone who never lets the heartbreaking realities of life hinder his ability to pick himself up and to try again. Though Nick has admitted on multiple occasions that he has tendency to get in his head, I think that he's proven that he is also an optimist at heart.  No one does resilience like Nick Viall which is why I know that no matter what life throws his way, he will always be okay in the end. He's a good man with a solid head on his shoulders and a lot of integrity in his heart.

In the end, Nick will always be Nick and I will always admire and love him for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by happydays Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:47 am

Keen to hear your thoughts  -- was there anyone from his season that you think he is better suited to? In light of learning more about him through this breakup.

In the back of my mind, I always thought Rachel was a betteMr match(because he raved A LOT about her during his press and I believe friendship is the best foundation for relationship). But now after seeing more from Rachel....maybe not.

Maybe Raven? Or yes - someone softer like Jen sav.

happydays

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:34 am

happydays wrote:Keen to hear your thoughts  -- was there anyone from his season that you think he is better suited to? In light of learning more about him through this breakup.

In the back of my mind, I always thought Rachel was a betteMr match(because he raved A LOT about her during his press and I believe friendship is the best foundation for relationship). But now after seeing more from Rachel....maybe not.

He didn't pick any of those for a reason...he just wasn't into any of them.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:53 am

happydays wrote:Keen to hear your thoughts  -- was there anyone from his season that you think he is better suited to? In light of learning more about him through this breakup.

Personally, I never saw a spark between Nick and Jen so I don't think that he wants someone softer like her. While watching the season, I always thought that Nick and Rachel had the most compatible connection; and I do think that Nick's logical/rational side really wanted to pick her which is why we saw him spend a good portion of the season talking about how amazing she is and how much he enjoys being around her. Even on the hometown date, he pretty much= gave a list to Rachel's mother about why they are such an amazing match (ie. that they communicate very well, that they have a lot in common and are able to give each other a hard time in a playful way, etc). They had a solid friendship connection in addition to a solid physical connection when they were together...but if I'm honest I think that Nick's head was always with Rachel and his heart was always with Vanessa, and I do believe that Nick and Rachel lacked a certain level of passion that Nick and Vanessa had established pretty much since their first date. As for Raven, I think that Nick really admired her as a person and loved being around her because she brought out his lighthearted and playful side but beyond that, I always thought that their dynamic lacked some depth which, again, is something that he really only seemed to have with Vanessa.

In the end, I actually do believe that Nick picked the best person for himself because he chose the person who he fell in love with. He chose the person who his heart was invested in and even though they struggled on the outside world and even though they weren't able to transform their love into a long lasting relationship as a result of their differences (which I will always maintain were magnified due to the atypical variables of being a public couple), Nick chose the person who gave him the kind of passionate, romantic love that he was looking for and the person who he wanted to try to build a life with. As much as it was hard to read Vanessa talking about how, at the end of the day, her and Nick came to the conclusion that they weren't the best fit for each other, I also think that the People article only reinforced my opinion about their relationship as a whole. When I look at Nick and Vanessa, I saw sparks and a deep-seeded passionate connection that I believe did manifest into real love. In fact, when I read the article, it seemed as though the reason why Nick and Vanessa broke up wasn't because they didn't love each other but that they broke up because logically they simply realized that they weren't the best fit. It kind of reminded me of Danny and Mindy from The Mindy Project--two stubborn, strong-minded people who love and respect each other but whose differences always seem to keep them from being able to make their relationship work. I think that's why the most compelling love stories are always about two people who are are fundamentally similar and different at the same time. Opposites attract but the attraction could only last so long before you start to question whether or not you are meant to be together over time...and I think that Nick and Vanessa just reached a breaking point where they were forced to examine their relationship and acknowledge the devastating reality that it just wasn't working. I do believe that a lasting relationship requires more than just love--it needs to satisfy your mind as well as your heart and I feel like, with so much stacked against them from the get-go, they were never able to feel whole-heartedly optimistic about their chances for survival. Because of the stress that they were under and because of the external (as well as internal) pressure that they felt   about making the relationship last, I could see them struggling to simply be happy in their union and as a result, I could see their differences only being magnified in a negative way as oppose to being perceived as positive opportunities for growth. They never had a honeymoon phase; they were never afforded the luxury of having a real sense of hope being fostered in the relationship and I think that made a difference too. The only thing they had was love...but at the end of the day, they realized that they need more than love to make a relationship last. In the battle between logic and love, logic won out in the end and that's why they are no longer together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:39 am

I still ship Andi and Nick.
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia620 Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:47 am

Kels0012 wrote:I still ship Andi and Nick.

Out of Nick's whole journey, I think she is the one he fell the hardest for. jmo
Stacia620
Stacia620

Female Posts : 1221

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:50 am

A huge issue to me is MEandI is largely still supported by comfortable parents and spends her life floating around doing very nice things --like traveling around the world on a whim and wining and dining in style. I don't think Nick can afford this lifestyle and he does not strike me as the kind that would enjoy being kept. JMO.  So these two, who might look good on paper, don't strike me as a couple that would last longer than charmin. JMO

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelor 21 - Discussion

+74
MiniDiva
Zaynab
sosleepy
ukglasgowkiiss
jen689