SELECT CONTENT

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Page 36 of 79 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 57 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 36 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Sprite wrote:I don't watch this show. Is Wendy always this aggressive with guests? In their face type of thing?

Wendy was actually on very good behavior today. She likes Rachel. You would have been throwing things at the screen if she didn't. Good example? Did you hear what she said about "friend of the show" Halle Berry?

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 36 Empty Re: Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

Post by Kashathediva Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:18 pm

adf23 wrote:In my own life, I have very rarely seen a relationship work out where the family doesn't like the incoming son in law/brother in law.  Normally the family see things objectively and not through rose colored glasses.  I am not 100% implying that this is Rachel and Bryan's situation, but just saying.   Just like maybe the family has not gotten to know the side of Bryan that Rachel sees, maybe there is something that they are seeing, that Rachel isn't.  Every coin has 2 sides. JMO.

I don't know what their particular situation is and hopefully its something they can deal.
I do know enough situations where families have been fractured.
Usually if the couple does distance itself from the family of issue, the chances of making it or not should be the same as any other couple. I know the couples I am thinking of are all doing well.
In those cases, it was the parents or sibs that are nuts causing the stress and placing their own values on the couple. IMO. cantstopl

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
adf23 wrote:In my own life, I have very rarely seen a relationship work out where the family doesn't like the incoming son in law/brother in law.  Normally the family see things objectively and not through rose colored glasses.  I am not 100% implying that this is Rachel and Bryan's situation, but just saying.   Just like maybe the family has not gotten to know the side of Bryan that Rachel sees, maybe there is something that they are seeing, that Rachel isn't.  Every coin has 2 sides. JMO.

I don't know what their particular situation is and hopefully its something they can deal.
Usually if the couple does distance itself from the family of issue, the chances of making it or not should be the same as any other couple. I know the couples I am thinking of are all doing well.
In those cases, it was the parents or sibs that are nuts causing the stress and placing their own values on the couple.  IMO. cantstopl

I'm going personal here, but I cut contact with a few previously close family members, because they refused to get to know my now husband (of 24 years) and were interfering, judgmental fools. It had to be done, and I'm not missing much.

Imho Rachel's family have not even had the chance to get to know Bryan, or given him the chance, imho they haven't interacted that much. Imo Rachel is a mature, smart woman, who is capable of living her own life, she doesn't need her family to live it for her, and perhaps her family are overstepping boundaries. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Kashathediva wrote:

In those cases, it was the parents or sibs that are nuts causing the stress and placing their own values on the couple.  IMO. cantstopl

Agreed. Frankly, they lost me when they embraced TOG and his position after knowing him, never. Unless, it's the awful/mean high school boyfriend the family watched grow up or, a criminal recently released from prison or, an addict just out of rehab - parents of 32 year old women who have navigated law school and impressive internships and jobs should just shut up and trust the one who knows this man better than they do. I'm low-key annoyed like Rachel, at this point. This girl has never looked better in her life. She is loved and adored, no question and that's what matters. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Bryan also said he had lunch a few times with her dad so I don't think judge Lindsay dislikes him but maybe he needs more time to get to know Bryan. IMO.

We really don't know why and if her family likes Bryan imo. The couple just doesn't post that part of their life for the entire sm world to see, imo. For a fact, we know they had a branch with the Lindsay's, they saw her uncle in Austin but it's the aunt who posted on FB, Rachel also said they FaceTime Alistair a few times. But based on my own experience, moving to a neutral place in the beginning of a relationship is good, Jmo.

Last edited by sdmom on Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:47 pm

Rachel described herself as a daddies girl in Nick's season so I'm thinking this is not a situation where she can just chuck her deuces up and cut ties. She did say her sisters are on board or something to that effect, so thats a positive. I think the dad being a judge is inherently a very rational person and there is nothing rational about the bach/ette. I'm assuming that's why they vibed with TOG.
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Nillay Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:52 pm

Look .......even if the Cali state bar is examined in February of next year, doesn't mean Rachel is lying about getting licensed.  I don't think that she would lie about what she's planning to do when she knows that people will remember and watch if she actually does it. She could have apllied to take the test and will take the next few months to prepare for that exam.

Rachel has spent enough time in LA in order to fall in love with the city it's self. Not necessarily the opportunities it provides imo. Imo it was def down to La or dallas, I'm thinking that Rachel showed Bryan everything of Dallas but imo he didn't love love it. Imo Bryan is used to sand and beaches and palm trees and ocean and imo Dallas is far from that.  Imo Bryan would adjust much better and much faster in La then in Dallas just cos La is much similar to MIA plus his best friend lives there.  Combine that with the fact that Rachel loves LA..... there it's decided jmo

imo its totally understandable that Bryan hasn't completely won Rachel's family over given that they were skeptical of him and of the show in the first place. He said he would make work to continue to convince them if Rachel chose him and him saying it's a work in progress proves that imo.

Rachel and Bryan are both smart and they know what they want. So far they haven't shown me they are obsessed with fame. I believe that they got invited to the events they went to or maybe their agents fixed it for them or maybe abc. Rachel was the first black bachelorette and it would make sense that every company or show would want her to make an appearance jmo.

Only time will tell how real their relationship is....so all we can do is wait. It does look like Wendy was the last media appearance so now the tough part will begin aka trying to live out of the spotlight.  If they are serious about each other,  I see them lasting, if they're more focused on the fame, I don't. We'll see
all JMO

Nillay

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:04 pm

There's no denying that she's gorgeous and her skin!
Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 36 4484630900000578-4904014-image-a-36_1505933078859
Source
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:08 pm

His hair is so bad. Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 36 1f601

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 36 87b72b10 Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 36 86669110 Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2 - Page 36 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Those hands never fail me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:27 pm

@Chgohighlife you're very welcome! IA. Rachel said in the interview that her work keeps her grounded. I don't see her venturing off from that too much.
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by zoe06 Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:05 pm

i believe some of those who say that they have always questioneded bach couples but it is just me or are r&b getting even more shade than anyone has every gotten even Kaitlyn and Shawn said so on their podcast. But i am curious as to why now every one is questiong the shows love timeline, and engagement at the end mainly. since th two times the men didnt' propose they were raked across the coals for it. this has been the set-up for 16 years, but all of a sudden with Rachel is seems people are 10x more skeptical, IMO. or is this the normal hate?

zoe06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 79 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 57 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel Lindsay & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #2

+64
Ash2214
mindless
sdmom
Al
vacayeveryday