Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by albean99 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:38 am

Chris & Peyton Lambton also did long distance for about a year but they got together regularly about every 2 weeks. Of course, they didn’t start out engaged from a show.

Perhaps Taylor isn’t ready for the next step. She’s still pretty young.


"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
avatar
albean99
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 13076
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Plano, Tx

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Alanna on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:07 am

I don’t think it’s true that if a couple hasn’t married within a few years, they won’t marry at all. Maybe denial because I’m rooting for the engaged couples we have now? laugh out loud Not sure. I think that some people do move at their own pace and everyone who’s married has had some other motivation to marry quickly- age, location, religion. It’s just a coincidence imo and doesn’t reflect anything. I guess we’ll see though because K+S, J+J, and B+R are all getting to or past that deadline already. Maybe our only hope is Liars now. Whelp.
avatar
Alanna

Posts : 18557
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Aria on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I definitely think it's still possible, I just feel like the chances get smaller and smaller. Even taking out the main franchise married couples, even the BP/BIP engaged couples (Holly/Blake, Carly/Evan, Jade/Tanner) and the "we met through the Bachelor" couples, like Chris/Peyton, Deanna/Stephen, and Elizabeth/Tye - they all did it within about 2 years. I feel like whenever it's lasted longer, even outside the main franchise couples, like with Kiptyn/Tenley, it hasn't worked out. I do feel like, out of all the engaged couples, Arie/Lauren and Jared/Ash (and probably Rachel/Bryan) have the highest chance of getting married. I'll happily eat my words if the two former break up and all our Bachelorette couples live happily ever after together!

I know it's different with the international couples, but I feel like the dating culture and the show itself are just so different, it's hard to really compare. IMO.

(Sorry for going supppppper off-topic!)
avatar
Aria

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2017-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by havadrpepper on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:32 pm

Honestly, the 3 'ette couples together now are living a married life... just without the formal certificate. IMO, they have made the commitment to each other.

Derek and Taylor, IMO, just made a promise to date exclusively. And, it didn't work because I believe neither one of them would compromise on important issues. Better they end it now. Their time for love will come.
avatar
havadrpepper

Posts : 2111
Join date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Ash2214 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:42 pm

Out of the more well known and fairly recent couples like Sean/Catherine, Ash/JP, Jade/Tanner, Carly/Evan, they were offered tv weddings that were completely paid for. Personally, I think that speeds up the process and leads to them getting married in a much quicker time frame. Perhaps if the currently engaged couples were offered the same that would make them speed it up. If not, why rush, especially since it seems like they’re all living normal and committed lives together.

I think that as long as a couple from this show is committed then they stand a good chance. Taylor and Derek never appeared to be committed. All jmo.

Ash2214

Posts : 6473
Join date : 2014-04-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Sprite on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:05 pm

Why did Olivia not like Derek? He seems one of the more innocuous guys to come from the show.
avatar
Sprite

Posts : 10412
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : London ON

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by havadrpepper on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] That is a very good point.

Another thing I see from that list is that 3 of those couples ended up on Marriage Boot Camp! hehehe

With Carly/Evan, I think the fact that neither one of them actually had to give up their current life to move elsewhere was a plus. They left BIP and resumed a normal life just adding the dating/getting to know each other better to that. They were both older and ready for that relationship.

I'm not sure Taylor was ready even though she may have thought she was. When you think about it, there were red flags in their relationship during BIP. Evidently they couldn't get past them.
avatar
havadrpepper

Posts : 2111
Join date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by havadrpepper on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Why did Olivia not like Derek? He seems one of the more innocuous guys to come from the show.

Evidently when Derek broke up with her, he claimed to not want to date anyone from the franchise. Then he promptly went on BIP, hooked up with Taylor and got engaged. I am not positive on this but some posters on reddit claim that Taylor and Olivia were friends before BIP as well and this strained their relationship when Taylor got with Derek. They have only become close again since Olivia moved to Seattle for her new job.
avatar
havadrpepper

Posts : 2111
Join date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Aria on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Honestly, the 3 'ette couples together now are living a married life... just without the formal certificate.  IMO, they have made the commitment to each other.  

Derek and Taylor, IMO, just made a promise to date exclusively. And, it didn't work because I believe neither one of them would compromise on important issues.  Better they end it now. Their time for love will come.

This is probably super old-fashioned of me, but I think that a couple might appear to be committed, but until they get married (or say that they don't believe in marriage and do a Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell type of thing), it's not really a given that they are committed. I mean, we've seen couples like Mary/Byron, Charlie/Sarah, Ali/Roberto, Kiptyn/Tenley, Ben/Lauren, etc. who appeared super committed and had made wedding plans and were living together and all that and it still ended. I'm not saying anyone is doomed or anything like that (I think two of the ette couples are pretty solid), I just personally don't believe it until they are married. IMO.
avatar
Aria

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2017-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Aria on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Why did Olivia not like Derek? He seems one of the more innocuous guys to come from the show.

Evidently when Derek broke up with her, he claimed to not want to date anyone from the franchise.  Then he promptly went on BIP, hooked up with Taylor and got engaged.  I am not positive on this but some posters on reddit claim that Taylor and Olivia were friends before BIP as well and this strained their relationship when Taylor got with Derek.  They have only become close again since Olivia moved to Seattle for her new job.

Yeah, basically. I think Olivia just holds grudges against all of her exes, as Taylor said that even before she went to BIP, she had been told by Olivia that Derek wasn't that great. I think Olivia takes it way too far, as by her own admission, she and Derek were never in a monogamous, committed relationship. They were never even public on social media. And, yet, by her own admission, she sh*t-talked Derek/Taylor's relationship to people, that got back to them.. I like Olivia, but she does strike me as a pretty petty, jealous person who has a hard time letting go. I could never have been friends with her, if I was Taylor and still happily engaged to Derek, so that was definitely a telling sign. IMO.
avatar
Aria

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2017-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Out of the more well known and fairly recent couples like Sean/Catherine, Ash/JP, Jade/Tanner, Carly/Evan, they were offered tv weddings that were completely paid for. Personally, I think that speeds up the process and leads to them getting married in a much quicker time frame. Perhaps if the currently engaged couples were offered the same that would make them speed it up. If not, why rush, especially since it seems like they’re all living normal and committed lives together.

I think that as long as a couple from this show is committed then they stand a good chance. Taylor and Derek never appeared to be committed. All jmo.


Yeah, but then you have the Chris and Des example. They were offered butkus and still did it on their own in under 2 years. Holly and Blake didn’t get a tv wedding, under a year til marriage. Correlation doesn’t equal causation, but certainly, there is strong circumstantial evidence that, at least within Bachelor World, if you get married, it’s quickly. Otherwise you just become the next Charlie and Sarah or Byron and Mary (who also respectively were commited and loved each other.) Basically if you consider the engagement real and want to be married, you get married. If you don’t and you don’t, then you don’t. 

Back to Taylor and Derek. Never liked Taylor, something really off with her. Jim Halpert light was just kind of meh, ok to me.
avatar
sosleepy

Posts : 4705
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by sosleepy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Chris & Peyton Lambton also did long distance for about a year but they got together regularly about every 2 weeks. Of course, they didn’t start out engaged from a show.

Perhaps Taylor isn’t ready for the next step. She’s still pretty young.


Jason and Molly also did long distance for the better part of a year. When you want it to work, you make it work.

I also really don’t like the “it’s just a piece of paper” excuse. It’s not just a piece of paper. It’s a commitment you make in front of your friends, and family, and loved ones - to each other. It’s a recognized legal document. It’s a right that certain groups have fought for, and fought for hard. I feel like I hear that “it’s just a piece of paper” excuse mostly from couples who are “committed” but not really committed.. if that makes sense. Whatever, might make me sound old fashioned, but just my opinion.
avatar
sosleepy

Posts : 4705
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Derek Peth - Taylor Nolan - BIP 4 - Discussion

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum