SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion*

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion* - Page 29 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion*

Post by notarose Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:55 pm

Norcalgal wrote:I feel pretty confident Jarrod is F2 - that preview from his HT and mom saying "Please don't break his heart" is so much like Elise asking Matty not to take her further if he didn't see it with her.

I could see Jarrod being F2 from an edit perspective. I just can't see it from a Sopie's new BF POV (maybe next week? no idea ). I do think she and Jarrod have developed a friendship, a quirky one as they both do have an awkward side and I think they relate because of it.  Plus he does things that allow her to feel needed and I think that's important.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion* - Page 29 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion*

Post by mjoy Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:33 pm

HEA wrote:@mjoy I am confused to be honest.

with any other lead, I generally know the top 2. my record say that I pick the F2 most of the time with the male version of the franchise but i am generally good with the female version.

But with sophie? She is so awkward and stiff but i have a hard time to decide if it is because she does not feel it or if because she is shy with the ones she wants too much. This theory does not work because of Luke and we all know he did not even make top4.

yes she was flattered that stu told her that being above the aussie mortal as his presence will ruin business relationships, his wish to participate was for her forbidding her to end with another guy but him..... i get that. (not believing his speech since he had 12 months to contact her discreetly without the franchise to woe her and date her... the last minute second thought that she mind be his SECOND love of his life after his WIFE... do not buy it)

The incredible connection they had right at the helico.... with all the guys behind her? Sorry, do not buy it either.

This said, it IS possible that since the helico he was completely hidden, which he was for 2 episodes until he got his 1-1. So the guy arrived late, and was on top of it hidden so we saw zero love story and he ends up F1? Makes no sense.

Now. we also know that we have hometown and still 2 other dates before the finale. But we also know that by hometown, leads generally already know who are their F1.

So unless we have sophie who asked the prods before show to convince him to participate (who knows, maybe sophie is not the genuine girl we think she is.... we saw that with matty j who already made his choice with laura whom he met at this sauna).... Since it was sophie who refused the date, since she said she changed her mind with stu about his personality....

oh and very interesting here about this... changed her mind.... so for me I read that the guy was a player. Didn't you catch this guys? She specifically said that she was glad he made her change her mind. So I am thinking that the guy loved/loves to party. Money is not an issue.

So out of nowhere, with this recent (how recent? before meeting sophie or after?) homeless TV public show, he had an illumination and decided tht sophie was the girl he wanted to end his life with, become a stepmother .... and very accepting the fact that he is not free to marry her........ mmm... why not. I will give him the benefice of the doubt but changing overnight like that and decided to with no more parties?.... yeah right. I will give him the 1% chance it is that.

If he is F1... I know australian people will have a major fit with that. Still married, rich and not the regular bloke she said she wanted.... ouch

For me time is key in this franchise. It is said over and over again. Lets remember luke saying that the "aggressive way is working" with sophie. We definitely saw that with Jarrod. We saw that with James (all the SC I made showing that he was next to sophie during GD). Apollo, I did not particularly noticed. However, I saw Stu making affectionate bald moves when she was on the boat with AJ and James and I did not see interest or receciprocity. In fact she was more at ease with Blake when he gave her a massage and when she put her arm around his back when she took him away for the extra time. I did not see much chemistry with blake after that on the boat and she kind flatly refuse to kiss him by turning it in a joke.

Flattery and interest are 2 different things. She claimed many times she wants a bestie. So far I see emotional connection and ease with apollo and james. I do not see this ease with stu, jarod, even blake.

Jarrod showed his devotion since day 1.... he would literally die for her. He is everything sweet and excessive. HOwever sophie is in the bubble and it is hard for her to see the OTT. She does not see half of what the audience see with the guys. So for her, he is genuine and she knows he is in love. For this reason, she likes him. Her attitude when she ran after him to console him and make a diversion with the ugg boots was so so obvious.

again because they have things in common does not mean stu is F1. I bet she met many guys like stu in real life. Many who work few months and do nothing the other time of the year. Having 3 siblings is also nice but not A major factor that they are meant to be together......

James is still my F1 but this franchise taught me to wait after hometown to decide truly as this is generally when we truly see the chemistry.

Everything ^^ here. So well said! I agree! :yes:
mjoy
mjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:57 pm

@HEA I have no idea what Stu's (hmm - former?) wife looks like but I'm sure he landed someone really hot because he had money. They haven't been together for 4 years. I truly believe that after a while you just want companionship and Stu being single for 4 years and chasing a lot of ____ and not finding what he wanted - well he could decide to change his tactics and find a friend.

I think if Stu ends up as F1, Australia is going to make sure Ten goes down in flames. Even new ownership won't save it! And I'd be curious what effectg it might have on Sophie's career. Probably none as all publicity is good publicity, right?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5321

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:17 am

Norcalgal wrote:@HEA I have no idea what Stu's (hmm - former?) wife looks like but I'm sure he landed someone really hot because he had money. They haven't been together for 4 years. I truly believe that after a while you just want companionship and Stu being single for 4 years and chasing a lot of ____ and not finding what he wanted - well he could decide to change his tactics and find a friend.

I think if Stu ends up as F1, Australia is going to make sure Ten goes down in flames. Even new ownership won't save it! And I'd be curious what effectg it might have on Sophie's career. Probably none as all publicity is good publicity, right?

omg...

From what I think, australia is still a bit conservative right? I am not even sure gay people can marry yet. Very easy going people until they decide to become a pack of lions. I have seen it with Blake season 2.... that was quite something. way way OTT from my perspective as it took 2 to tango and I think sam the drama queen was very much at fault to make sure that everyone in australia knew he made a mistake and acted like a puppet.

If she picked stu, i do not think australia will support her. I think it is a done deal that the public, like us, fell for james and apollo. Both reaching the age spectrum of viewers. Normal sweet genuine guys that deserve love and not rejection regardless if the lead is the right person or not is not the point. So if sophie picked stu, still married, probably having a party playboy reputation (sorry but rich people hardly remain at home in front of their TV). I believe audience want to relate. Both are rich, she said she wanted a regular bloke... conclusion: she lied. plain and simple. Public does not care about feelings here.

so yeah, I think this will not go well for the franchise.

Blake the snake
Sam the drama queen
Matty J who said wanted to stop the season as soon as laura stepped in on the red carpet
Sophie who lied and pick a still married playboy

this is a PG TV show. What message this franchise would give to the teens if she picked stu....

Apollo is too young. I agree. Her BL does not go above friends IMO.

James... i do not know if i want them together or if i want him happy with a regular sweet girl. I think they would be a great couple together but will she step back and think that not being rich can be an handicap?

If she picked stu, that's for sure a daddy through and through... but does he want at 44 to go back to diapers years again? oh wait!!! nannies are there to do the dirty shores right?

Back to top Go down

Post by mjoy Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:06 am

If we think about Stu's edit though, the producers have really downplayed that he is separated and not divorced and they have downplayed his rich playboy lifestyle. Maybe the producers are really trying to give him as positive of an edit as they possibly can? Therefore, F1. And therefore hissyfit
mjoy
mjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:30 am

mjoy wrote:If we think about Stu's edit though, the producers have really downplayed that he is separated and not divorced and they have downplayed his rich playboy lifestyle.  Maybe the producers are really trying to give him as positive of an edit as they possibly can? Therefore, F1.  And therefore hissyfit

I mean it is pretty obvious to me that a THIRD generation publican is very rich.
if he is very rich, then parties are very common. as he said, he works a couple of months and then not for most of the year.
if he is separated, then it means playboy life imo

now the questions I am asking are

1. why is he not divorced?
2. who asked for the separation?
3. is he in good terms with his ex?
4. how long is he separated?
5. why didn't he ask sophie to date during the last 12 months?
6. why did he not chose to start from episode 1? why intruder?
7. why did sophie refused his first date invitation?
8. what happened during the helico intro that the guys are unanimous to say that he was a threat? what did we miss?
9. why did they hide him for 2 episodes, what happened during this time with sophie?
10. why did he smile when luke left versus the other guys who were pretty upset

I remember that sophie accepted the challenge that he paid for dinner if she missed the target. That means long term already and they were only doing this stupid golf target for their first date? Did I miss completely her attraction to him?

I cannot move forward about him not divorced and him coming on this show while he could have dated her outside of it easily (easy to meet someone in the show business, small circle etc)

I am at this stage where I am just tired of the season, and want it over already. :yes: cheeky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:46 am

This is the thing that is really bugging me on her season. I'm not as curious to know who she picks...I want to figure that part out on my own....but, I am dying to know if Stu is really divorced or just separated.  hissyfit

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:51 am

Well Stu's edit has not come across as playboy at all. I would say others on her season could carry that mantle (by edit) better than Stu.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5321

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:24 am

So I just watched the 7th episode and have to say that I liked Sophie's date with Stu. It was part goofy, sweet, awkward and romantic all rolled in one. The only other date that I saw such a connection with was with James. They could be silly and seemed relaxed. Clearly she was flattered by his repeated emphasis that he was there for her and they did seem to have more in common that anyone else.

I really enjoyed the group date. It was simple, but it actually brought out their personalities and I think Sophie managed to learn a lot about all of them. Mac seemed nice, but IMO he rivaled Jarred in his Sophie obsessiveness.

I was surprised that Luke was let go. I mean, I knew it was coming since people have commented here, but it still seemed strange. We haven't seen much interaction between them since his date, but IMO she still had more of a connection with him than Blake, Mac or AJ.

One thing though, while watching the show, it seemed as if the last part...pretty much from when she ran after Jarrod....was all speeded up a little. It was comical. People were talking really fast. Their walking was sped up. It was just a little weird and seemed as if I was watching Benny Hill. Did anyone else notice it was it like this when they watched the first time or was it just messed up during loading? Odd.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:56 am

Finally I'm all caught up with the 8th episode and now feel more comfortable with my picks.

I really like Apollo. I mean really! Aside from the fact that he is hot, he is so sweet and comes across as truly genuine and appreciative. I think Sophie also really likes him and feels very comfortable with him, however, I see absolutely zero chemistry. I was watching them kiss and it was comical. Their bodies could not have been further apart. They seem to be playing their parts and their lips may have been touching, but nothing below their necks was. I have to wonder, if he was older, how this relationship would have gone. Too bad. 

Sam and Sophie had zero chemistry and his early behaviour focusing on her boobs I think doomed him. I think she regretted giving him the double rose. During their drive to the second date, his constantly talking about his voiceover/acting/writing/music just sealed his fate. Not a surprise.

Blake...what can I say? I don't buy his shtick. I don't think Sophie does either, but he brings the drama and the one liners and it was more dramatic if he stayed over Sam. One of them had to stay and one had to go. Blake still has the conflict with Jarrod going so it clearly had to be him staying. I'm still wondering if there will be a 2:1 with those two before we get to home towns.

AJ...who? We barely saw you man. Too bad. I liked what little I saw and would have preferred him over either Sam or Blake.

Jarrod he is there clearly for her. She sees it and the other guys have confirmed that to her. Plus, I have thought since his intro that he would have a HTD if only so we the audience get to see the scenery.

That just leaves us with James and Stu. We have not been seeing much of James of late and after seeing Sophie with Stu on their date, I have to admit I am leaning towards his being F1. James is sweet and even though he won the manly man challenge, I think Stu has him beat on that front.

So after all that, I'm on the Stu for F1 train...at least for now. Not sure if he fulfills the "regular bloke" criteria she said she wanted, but she would hardly be the first Bette who picked her regular type after saying it hasn't worked in the past. I will be really p*ssed if after all this he turns out to still be married and she picks him.

The order of the other three I'm less sure about, but if I had to make a prediction I would go for Jarrod as the broken hearted F2, Apollo as the sweet F3 being set up for the next lead and James as F4. Clearly, I think...and hope...that Blake goes home next episode before the HTDs.

Of course, I still reserve my right to change my mind depending on what I see next. Sophie is proving to be more of a challenge to read than I expected.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mjoy Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:03 am

Sprite wrote:
The order of the other three I'm less sure about, but if I had to make a prediction I would go for Jarrod as the broken hearted F2, Apollo as the sweet F3 being set up for the next lead and James as F4. Clearly, I think...and hope...that Blake goes home next episode before the HTDs.

Of course, I still reserve my right to change my mind depending on what I see next. Sophie is proving to be more of a challenge to read than I expected.

Nice to hear another person who sees something different between Stu and Sophie.
Sadly, you might be right about the Top 3. Well, I am preparing myself for that cause I know the prods just love to pull the rug out from under viewers. And I guess I'm over-thinking everything so I am now preparing for disappointment with F1.
mjoy
mjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Sophie Monk - Season 3 - *NO SPOILERS* - *SLEUTHING* Discussion*

+7
mjoy
Idlemess
Jolena
AllAboutLove
BabyGotBach
locoforbach
GuardianAngel
11 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum