SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Idlemess Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:41 am

There's always the but what if... and it applies to Jarrod. Sophie did say she knew from the beginning, right? Also that it will be a surprise or something along the lines. It would be the last laugh for Jarrod to be the last one standing. Thinking of it is actually hilarious as I recall Blake and Sam muddling through that scene on being the F2. Yeah, laugh out loud.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by Sprite Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:07 pm

Idlemess wrote:There's always the but what if...  and it applies to Jarrod. Sophie did say she knew from the beginning, right? Also that it will be a surprise or something along the lines. It would be the last laugh for Jarrod to be the last one standing. Thinking of it is actually hilarious as I recall Blake and Sam muddling through that scene on being the F2. Yeah, laugh out loud.

Since I missed out on all the spoiled sleuthing, did Sophie say she knew who she would pick from the beginning in an interview? Also, in this case, with the intruders, knowing from the beginning doesn't necessarily mean she knew from the start of the show. It could also mean she knew shortly after she met him...Stu.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:52 pm

After watching the HT dates, I think Stu is the only guy for Sophie. They seem most natural together and I think she seems more relaxed than with any other. I actually liked his family - they seemed more 'normal' than any other she met.

I'd be curious if it was Stu's idea or the producers to drop the bombshells on their date. It's always better to get it out in the open and I absolutely love it when Sophie turned toward the camera and said "Sh*t"! And how funny when she said she didn't really have any hobbies except wine and seafood. It's too bad we haven't seen more of her one-liners as she is very funny.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:16 pm

SugarAndSpice wrote:So I have missed this weeks episodes, though I'm not really sure I missed much at all! Do I need to go back and watch them? Was there anything groundbreaking or unexpected?

During my coffee and kit-kat break I had a thought, the only part of the FRC I want to see is Jarrod as F2. I'm actually more invested in watching him get shut down and to see that moment of utter heartbreak and crushing pain sweep across his face. How sad is that? I am more invested in watching someone get put in their place than a love story for Sophie (because lets face it, IMO they haven't shown one at all). And sure, it might sound cruel that I'm looking forward to watching some guy get his heart ground into fertilizer for his dying plant.. but really.. this season the contestants haven't really come across as "real" people.. but more characters filling a role. JMHO

IMHO it's never nice nor fun to see somebody get their heart broken. There have been several F2's that I haven't liked, but I didn't get any enjoyment out of seeing them get their hopes crushed. : (

We don't know, but Jarrod may take it a lot better than we think he will. At least I hope he does and he can keep in mind that Sophie really liked him even if she didn't fall in love with him. That makes me think there has to be something good about him for her to have taken him to F2 and then take up for him in the media.
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:35 pm

From Jarrod IG, he is not showing that he is heart broken. *IMO*

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:49 pm

Norcalgal wrote:After watching the HT dates, I think Stu is the only guy for Sophie. They seem most natural together and I think she seems more relaxed than with any other. I actually liked his family - they seemed more 'normal' than any other she met.

I'd be curious if it was Stu's idea or the producers to drop the bombshells on their date. It's always better to get it out in the open and I absolutely love it when Sophie turned toward the camera and said "Sh*t"! And how funny when she said she didn't really have any hobbies except wine and seafood. It's too bad we haven't seen more of her one-liners as she is very funny.

Sophie and Stu had met before the show and Stu was interested in Sophie and wanted to take her (and a group of friends) for a cruise on his boat. The latest news articles say Sophie and Stu actually dated. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5006887/Sophie-Monk-Stu-Laundy-dated-started.html

The truth in the DM allegation is questionable, but it doesn't change the fact Sophie felt comfortable with Stu because she knew him. I personally don't understand the purpose of this show anymore. It used to be about ordinary, every day people (which Sophie is not) wanting to come on a reality TV show to find love with other ordinary 'normal' people who they haven't met before. But this isn't how it works anymore. IMO the show is overly scripted and fake. And reading comments on SM I am not alone in thinking this.

This season has seemed very rushed. For me the men have come and gone at a rapid rate. I haven't seen Sophie make a genuine connection with any of the original men. But then again how could she? IMO she wasn't given much to work with. And even the best of actresses struggle when their co-stars are duds.

But of course Stu enters the contest (he almost made a Freudian slip with this very word) and saves the day and Sophie finds love and everyone is happy. But maybe everyone isn't happy. The public are almost unanimously agreed on not wanting Stu to win . . .

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueJeans Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:19 am

@Storybook 100% agree.

Even Matty's season seemed contrived because he had met Laura before hand. The whole season felt very scripted. This season has been peak fakeness though. It's gone too far away from its roots.

BlueJeans

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:42 am

@BlueJeans Matty's season was nearly my undoing. I kept avoiding the obvious in the hope Elise would win. But to have fake and contrived thrown in my face again, I've become jaded and I really no longer care.

And I can't help but ask myself if Sophie does choose Stu, how long will they last? Reports of Stu seeing another woman while Sophie was away (and why was she away for so long. If you're in love don't you want to spend time with the winner and not a male best friend?) And articles saying Stu wants Sophie to take him back. And other saying Sophie chose the wrong man.
As the saying goes 'Where there's smoke there's fire.'

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:19 am

Lots of good posts! I have to agree that this season has been lackluster especially when it comes to casting. Regardless of Sophie as a lead, overall this has been my least favorite Bette Aussie season
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:51 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Lots of good posts! I have to agree that this season has been lackluster especially when it comes to casting. Regardless of Sophie as a lead, overall this has been my least favorite Bette Aussie season

Other than this I've only watched Georgia's Bette season so I have been spoiled. I wasn't sure of Sophie as the lead because of her celebrity status and while she is entertaining to watch, I think it has caused problems with who they have to work with....partially because of her age and partially because of the turn the show seems to be taking towards a more American mud fest.

I have to admit to liking Sophie and Stu together...on the show. As with any couple post show, I'm not sure how that will work out long term, but I can definitely see the chemistry between them. I'm not sure that I buy that they have dated in the past. Met...yes. Dated...no. To me, they are both just so awkward and goofy together, I can't see them being able to act that well to make it believable to me.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:35 am

Apollo's Bachelor 2018 audition continues...

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:37 am

I think there has been a date order at this point in the season, is it first one is F3?

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+22
Storybook
Norcalgal
Sprite
Katiebelle
Pongo
SugarAndSpice
mjoy
stoneleigh
dolcimumma
joshfan
Sundy