SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 22 of 77 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 49 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Enough Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:16 pm

Another drum roll........

The new Bachelor (yuk) Nick Cummins

AUSTRALIA’S most loveable rugby larrikin, Nick “The Honey Badger” Cummins, looks set to rebadge himself as the country’s most eligible bloke by becoming Channel 10’s next Bachelor.

The rugby union star, who is taking a break from the game after notching up 15 Test matches with the Wallabies, is tipped to be the shock new choice to front the popular dating show, which begins filming next week.

Following in the footsteps of bulked-up hunks Tim Robards and Matthew ‘Matty J’ Johnson, Ten was keen to choose a well-known personality who could emulate the success of Sophie Monk’s turn as The Bachelorette — the Australian franchise’s first “celebrity” single.

delivered Ten the highest audience in its four-year history thanks to her humour and “loveable bogan” appeal.

Now the network is hoping the Honey Badger will deliver a similar ratings sweetener, with his profile, sense of humour and sports following all part of the strategy to pull in more male viewers to add to the show’s devoted legion of female fans.

Some Ten executives were reluctant to take on the unconventional bachelor but network sources say the cheeky Cummins won over chief content officer Beverley McGarvey.

Cummins, who was born in Port Macquarie, has become as well known off the field as he has for his performance on it.

He has been a cult figure in Super Rugby, with fans donning curly blonde wigs and quoting his famous Aussie one-liners.
Often described as “the most Aussie bloke ever”, the 30-year-old adopted the Honey Badger moniker after watching a National Geographic doco of the modestly sized animal taking on a lion.

“I thought ‘what an animal, that’s impressive’,” he said of the badger’s never-say-die attitude.

On top of creating some of the best one-liners, the loveable larrikin has been as lucrative to advertising executives as he has to rugby clubs.

He is a Tourism Australia ambassador and has been the face of Tradie Underwear & Workwear, Beef Australia, Head & Shoulders shampoo and beer company Iron Jack. But the one area of his life he hasn’t been as lucky in is the love department.

Cummins is believed to have been single since splitting from his long-term girlfriend, the Norwegian artist Martine Thomassen.

The pair, who met through Cummins’ brother Nathan after a Western Force match in Perth, celebrated their five-year anniversary in April 2016 but called it quits not long after.

More than 20 women are expected to enter the Bachelor mansion on Wednesday in a bid to win themselves a new honey to take home.

Channel Ten declined to comment on the speculation about the identity of the Bachelor but an announcement is expected to be made next week.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/nick-honey-badger-cummins-set-to-be-new-tv-bachelor/news-story/618053ac50868a3fb85b5850a806a71a

Enough

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Storybook Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:17 pm

James is not considered eligible because he has a girlfriend.

No official announcement has been made on who is the bachelor but Channel 10 are desperate as evidenced by this guy.

Last edited by Storybook on Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:18 pm

I do watch a fair bit of sports but I don't know who he is

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Enough wrote:I do watch a fair bit of sports but I don't know who he is

I watch no sport whatsoever, but I know exactly who he is.  He's politically incorrect and king of the one-liners.  The "Master of Metaphors". He's basically a female Sophie if you replace singing with rugby.  Or a young Alf Stewart.  He's SO Aussie.

Source

He'll make for good television, I am sure of that.  It feels to me like they couldn't get who they wanted so they've gone with a novelty Lead.  I'm actually OK with that.  If they let him be himself, at least it won't be boring.

The look on the girls' faces when they realise it's not Cam will be hilarious!!!  laugh out loud

More on Nick:

Source

ETA:  this article by Daily Mail says he "beat out" Cam for the role and "was thought to be out of the running for the TV role, due to his five-year romance with Norwegian artist Martine Thomassen ... [h]owever, it has since been reported the pair are understood to have ended their relationship"

That last part makes me a bit  Suspect

Last edited by Bobette on Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:35 pm

Dang I can't understand half of what he says and I don't find him one bit good looking nor interesting. ; (
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:03 pm

I’m Australian and even I can’t understand half of what he says. I too do not find him attractive. And ‘convenientky’ Breaking up with his girlfriend just before filming leaves me with doubts !

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Storybook wrote:I’m Australian and even I can’t understand half of what he says. I too do not find him attractive. And ‘convenientky’ Breaking up with his girlfriend just before filming leaves me with doubts !

Yeah that part bothers me too.  I don't find him attractive either but at least he will be entertaining.  I certainly prefer him 1000% over the MAFS reject so if they were the only options, I think they made the right choice.  

I suspect he's reaching the end of his sporting career and looking to move into TV presenting, and this will be the perfect springboard.  At least he's not wooden or boring, and he might surprise with some hidden depth.

But the GIRLS!!!  HA AHH  HAA.  OMG, if they step out of that limo expecting Cam and instead get the Badger - that's ratings gold right there IMO.  I think he'll be able to win them over with his unique charm, but still...

I bet TPTB are kicking themselves that hey used Tara for Matty's season and didn't match her with the Badge.  They'd be ocker Aussie royalty!  I'll be really interested to see what kind of girls have been cast and who he ends up with.

DM says an announcement is imminent.  Michael, Nina and Flo were papped at Sydney airport yesterday, so I'm thinking they're going to be announcing the BiP premiere on Monday's Project and then maybe Bach later in the week.

LoveDovez wrote:Dang I can't understand half of what he says and I don't find him one bit good looking nor interesting. ; (

p.s. I'm pretty good with accents so can translate Badgerisms if required. Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 3806527698
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Wait really is nick a done deal?? Arghhh I think I will be skipping sleuthing him I actually can’t stand the guy. Sorry but this feels like a joke- Rolling Eyes jmo
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:54 pm

@LeapofFaith, Well the whole show has become a bit of a joke in recent seasons so seems fitting to have a comedian as Lead. laugh out loud

Personally I think they're trying to replicate the success of Sophie but not sure they will achieve it. IMO he might be TOO similar to Sophie.

They're probably also hoping to bring in a male audience since he's already popular with AU males. Remains to be seen if that works.

The rest of AU media seems to have caught onto and it's apparently going to be in Monday's WD so I definitely think it's happening! affraid rotfl

Honey Badger Nick Cummins is reportedly the next Bachelor

HOLY tomorrow. Bloody, you beauty. A larrikin rugby star with the wits to match his ripped bod is reportedly the next Bachelor.

THE powers that be at Channel 10 clearly found a winner when they cast Sophie Monk as last year’s Bachelorette. She was gorgeous, already had a public profile and could crack a mean joke under pressure.

Now Ten may have pulled off another coup for the next season of The Bachelor.

According to reports in Woman’s Day and the Daily Telegraph, former Wallabies star Nick “Honey Badger” Cummins is set to fill the role this year as the network seeks to continue its winning formula.

“He’s going to be great for the franchise. Funny, witty, with a huge cult following. This is a stroke of genius for the network,” a source told Woman’s Day.

The 30-year-old’s notorious Aussie larrikin personality has proven to be a winner on the footy field, and turned him into the face of Tradie underwear, The Iconic clothing brand, Head and Shoulders and Tourism Australia.

In fact, given his achievements on the field, it is remarkable how much Cummins’ forceful personality has overshadowed the rest of his career.

The uninitiated among you are probably wondering where that nickname, the Honey Badger, comes from. We couldn’t explain it any better than he did himself a few years ago.

“There was a documentary on National Geographic or Animal Planet, one of them Fox bloody setups. Yeah, I watched this thing and this honey badger was going toe to toe with a male lion. And um, he was underneath him — underdog, obviously — on his back, clawing away, one two and then bloody, the big fella got his canastas clawed off and he trod off round the corner and fell over, and the badger gets back up and I thought, what an animal. You know, that’s bloody ... that’s impressive.”

Cummins talks like that all the time. Where most of us would say “great”, he says: “Holy tomorrow. How good? Bloody, you beauty.” It’s obviously going to make for fabulous television.

While past series of The Bachelor have had a decent progression of viewer ratings in their season openers, none have quite hit the ball out of the park. Perhaps this is because Aussie viewers and single women alike want more than just a dull bloke with a pretty face and no personality churning through the group dates and rose ceremonies each night.

The first season of The Bachelor, with Tim Robards, launched to 669,000. Season two with Blake Garvey, launched to 692,000. The third season, with Sam Wood, began on 846,000. Season four, with Richie Strahan, hit 882,000 and last year’s season with Matty Johnson began on 846,000.

By contrast last year’s premiere episode of the Bachelorette saw Sophie Monk draw in 1.22 million people.

In fact you could even use one of the Badger’s hilarious, honest quotes to describe the sometimes lacklustre ratings of previous years: “We were all sizzle and no steak, but now we’re off like a bride’s nightie.”

With the Port Macquarie born Cummins working his charms on this year’s lucky ladies, it is a fair bet that Channel Ten will have another ratings winner on their hands.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:57 pm

Part one in an ongoing service to translate Badgerisms:

Translating the world’s most Australian man, Western Force rugby player Nick Cummins

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 22 WwjzBrw

NICK Cummins is the most Australian man on the planet.

Really. We don’t care how many Southern Cross tattoos you have. You can’t compete with this bloke.

The Honey Badger, as he’s called, is a winger for the Wallabies and the Western Force. We thought we’d celebrate the start of the rugby season by sifting back through some of the Badger’s most indecipherably Australian quotes.

Here’s a taste of what we’re talking about. A few years ago, Cummins explained how he got his nickname.

“One of the stories that inspires me is that it is documented that a honey badger killed a lion in a one-on-one,” he said.

“What happened was that he clawed the canastas off the big fella. He just went one-two on the ball bag, and the big fella has walked around the corner and fell over ... That, to me, is outstanding.”

As you can see, the Badger really needs to walk around with a professional translator. In that spirit, we’ve collected his best quotes and turned them into something resembling English.

QUOTE: “You gave a lot of pill to the Badge ... which was good of you.”

TRANSLATION: “You passed the ball to me several times ... that was very considerate.”

QUOTE: “The boys were on it like seagulls at a tip.”

TRANSLATION: “My colleagues displayed exceptional enthusiasm.”

QUOTE: “Sweatin’ like a gypsy with a mortgage, actually.”

TRANSLATION: “He was perspiring in a manner comparable to that of a poor individual who owes a great debt.”

QUOTE: “I just saw the line, pinned me ears back and ended up bagging a bit of meat in the corner there, which was tops!”

TRANSLATION: “I caught sight of the tryline, accelerated to the very limit of my ability and managed to score, which was pleasing.”

QUOTE: “Lucky for me every bugger fell over and I got a gig.”

TRANSLATION: “I was selected in this team because several of my colleagues were injured. That was fortunate for me.”

QUOTE: “My old man woke me up in the morning. He was going off like a bag of cats.”

TRANSLATION: “Father woke me up in the morning. He was rather excited.”

QUOTE: “Last year was a bit, uh, how you goin’, but um, nah we’re good now.”

TRANSLATION: “Our standard of play was below par last year, but we will do better this time.”

QUOTE: “Yeah mate, it’s bloody outstanding, you know. That bloody sea of blue, just gets right up ya and gives ya the strength.”

TRANSLATION: “My friend, it’s lovely to compete at one’s home stadium. Those blue-clad spectators inspire one to play well.”

QUOTE: “If I end up gettin’ a gig, mate I’ll be going off like a cut snake.”

TRANSLATION: “Should the coaching staff permit me to play, I will be most excited.”

QUOTE: “Yeah look, there’s a couple of big hooahs getting about.”

TRANSLATION: “Our team boasts several extremely large men.”

QUOTE: “You’re as tough as woodpecker lips.”

TRANSLATION: “You’re a rather hardy fellow.”

QUOTE: “Yeah mate I bloody was like a rat up a drainpipe in one of them runs there.”

TRANSLATION: “I ran particularly fast in one instance.”

QUOTE: “He was huffin’ and puffin’ and, mate he did well, he always does, he’s a tough rooster.”

TRANSLATION: “My colleague was breathing heavily, but he persevered. He always does, he is very hardy.”

QUOTE: “Got a couple of knocks and a whack on the schnoz.”

TRANSLATION: “I sustained two blows, in addition to a particularly firm strike which connected with my nose.”

QUOTE: “Mate we’re just more focused on treading softly and carrying a big stick.”

TRANSLATION: “My colleagues and I intend to remain verbally humble while comfortably outplaying our opponents.”

QUOTE: “Holy tomorrow. How good? Bloody, you beauty.”

TRANSLATION: “Excellent.”

QUOTE: “I’m gonna have a truckload of pudding and uh, old mum’s good on the cook too so, dad’s got the tucker ready over there and mum and dad are gonna work together and form a massive feed and err, I’m gonna come in and dominate it.”

TRANSLATION: “I will eat a large volume of pudding. Mother is competent at the culinary art as well. Father has the food ready over there; the two of them shall combine their talents to create a meal of sufficiently impressive proportions, and then I shall devour it.”

I believe the bolded is particularly relevant here.  laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Eww, really TPTB? That’s the best you can do? Gee, I can’t wait for all the disgruntled exit interviews from girls who were hoping it would be Cam!
I think the quote you highlighted @Bobette is super appropriate. If this is true, Mr Badger has pulled the ultimate Bradbury hehehe
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:30 pm

I definitely don't think he was their first choice, that's for sure.  laugh out loud  But if Daily Telegraph AND Woman's Day are saying it's Nick, it has to be true IMO - they've both always been in cahoots with TPTB.

I am now more convinced than ever that Cam initially said yes but dropped out at the last minute.  That leaked info about the double Bachelor with his brother was way too specific not to be true, IMO.  

I think they've been scrambling and Badge must have been the best of a dud lot.  But hey I'd rather watch Nick be a comfortable idiot in front of the camera than Cam be lovely but awkward.  JMO
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 77 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 49 ... 77  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
Loulou
Katiebelle
ThankMeLater
Idlemess
Norcalgal