SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Page 59 of 59 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 57, 58, 59

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chris - Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 59 Empty Re: Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Idlemess Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:48 am

I don’t doubt the words “I Love You” spoken on tv, what I doubt is the sincerity of those words. To me, it was all for show mostly on Chris’s part. Looking back I think he was more interested in marketing a brand than looking for love. Sometimes all of that crying and being in the feels is about realizing you have to make a decision that you’re not ready to make (I often think this is when the lead is most honest about how they feel, not about who they’re feeling).

I don’t think that Chris was near any kind of Love for any of these girls., I think he was having a grand ole time playing lip service literally and figuratively. IMO, he wanted Lyndsey and that was shown quite thoroughly on the show.,
He related to Mik and quite possibly because he saw something in common with her and that was selling a brand.

I think Chris got a case of the cold feet, he shuffled the cards and came up with a joker.,
Let’s see how it plays out for him in the long run. Home run or foul.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

chris - Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 59 Empty Re: Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Chgohighlife Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:13 am

Idlemess wrote:I don’t doubt the words “I Love You” spoken on tv, what I doubt is the sincerity of those words. To me, it was all for show mostly on Chris’s part. Looking back I think he was more interested in marketing a brand than looking for love. Sometimes all of that crying and being in the feels is about realizing you have to make a decision that you’re not ready to make (I often think this is when the lead is most honest about how they feel, not about who they’re feeling).

I don’t think that Chris was near any kind of Love for any of these girls., I think he was having a grand ole time playing lip service literally and figuratively. IMO, he wanted Lyndsey and that was shown quite thoroughly on the show.,
He related to Mik and quite possibly because he saw something in common with her and that was selling a brand.

I think Chris got a case of the cold feet, he shuffled the cards and came up with a joker.,
Let’s see how it plays out for him in the long run. Home run or foul.

@Idlemess, I agree with you that Chris was not in love with either girl. I also agree that he wanted Lyndsey - until he had her. Then, he wasn't moving, wasn't going forward, chris - Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 59 2622943811 - nothing new there. Oldest trick in the book. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:23 am

I think Chris was not a villain. As I said, I think he went on this gig because he was not happy about the end of his carer, did not know what to do. I felt the depression in his march interview. So for me, he went to give him time and adventure (how many contestant are saying the same mmm???). It could be worse for a man to have 15 girls competing for his attention.

he kissed a lot? big freaking deal. ALL bachelor do that. He is not the exception. It is encouraged and every viewer is expecting him to do so. Each season we reproach to the lead to do it but I am positive that from day 1 at meet and greet, he knew who would be his last 2..... they all do. It was discussed so many times on this board. Every normal person put in the lead shoes would ask help from the handler. what can I say in this or that situation. do you have tips to tell me if I am embarrassed? etc etc ... if we felt it was fake, well yes it was... because his contract was to carry on week after week and was not allowed to eliminate more than 1 or 2 girls at the time!! nature of the beast.... so i think it is a bit hypocrite to reproach him for not being genuine..... the show would be over in 5 episodes in reality. pick the 2 girls at ep1, 2 1-1, hometown, fantasy...finale... done!

But for me his wake up call that it was not a Club Med, was hometown. Lindsey family from hell was truly nasty. And regardless the edits, they all said nasty thing, smirking, and made him feel homeless when we know that he does has money, that he JUST retired and that was pretty normal that he took a deserved break to know what would be his new path of work. nothing wrong with that but they made him look like he had the plague. #stupidpeople

I am sure he liked lindey and i am sure (confirmed by her) that she fell in love with him. but the cold feet was always about the age, distance... l think he could have adjusted about her lifestyle.... for few months.

lindsey changed her mind within 48 hours and decided that she was not madly in love with him anymore... that it was never going to work....... yeah girl, this is not what you said 2 days earlier eh? Chris certainly dodges a bullet here because his fears that in few years she would have let him down was real... good for him for being wise about this... I am positive that she understood that she was not going to be picked and decided to wait the altar to let him know she was leaving... big freaking drama queen here. what a show!!!  rofl  she saved her pride. good for her. great edits too!  laugh out loud

I do not blame the guy. i think he was kind but he was caught on the moment to tell lindsey some pre-made sayings and he lied..... again like dozen of bachelors before him all over the world do with their F2... nothing new in the bach world here.....

To trash him because he dared not choosing Lindsey or stay with Mikaela longer after the show is ridiculous. Eveyone is adult here, so if he did not think it was right, then good for him to cut it out sooner rather than later!! I think he is just a human person that was not prepared to be on a show with cameras on his face and crew who pushed him to open up....... he was not ready. at all. If he did the show today, i think we would see a different chris and viewers would like him better IMO

he is no better and no worse than any other. and I am happy that he learned from this experience and I wish him well. I would not be surprised to know that he met a girl. good for him!!<

At the end of the day... the F2 is ALWAYS the most obvious in the show... period

JMO

ps: still playing tonight since I shared some SC laugh out loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:30 am

HEA wrote:lindsey changed her mind within 48 hours and decided that she was not madly in love with him anymore...
LYNDSEY, actually stated during the ATFR, that she noticed when the MTP happened that there were changes that happened.  That happened day 1, day 2, was their LCD, day 3 was his LCD with Mikaela, day 4 was the FRC, so as we can see, it was longer than the 48 hrs that you are saying.  Also, she said that she still loved him.  I can see how that could be the problem....she was honest with him all along about wanting to remain in Vancouver.  He said that he'd move for her.  When he changed his mind at MTP, then she had to re-evaluate where she stood.  Yep, she was obviously not happy with him at the FRC, but that was because IMO, she felt betrayed....it was him saying one thing and doing another hense the switching gears comment at the atfr.  Knowing that he'd never he happy anywhere else and knowing that she wanted to be on the west coast for the most part, yep, she did the right thing for herself.

But what I find so fake and IMO it was so obvious as neither Chris nor Mik were at ease or smiling at all, is their time when he said that she's the one.  Come on....virtually no emotion at all ....NONE.  Then when he said love you.....it looked like he was getting teeth yanked out of his head while he said it.  So unbelievable that FRC.  It's true, he can't act yet he was forced to try IMO by TPTB.  If he was so certain that she was the one, why in the hell knowing full well that it is just the two of them, couldn't he smile, couldn't he show any emotion whatsoever.  IMO, it's because he didn't.  He didn't want it to end this way.  He wanted Lynds and it was so obvious from night 1.

All IMO

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:03 pm

I really like these guys as epi reviewers. They attended the live ATFR and talk a wee bit about that as well. 
Language warning in effect
https://soundcloud.com/reel2reelpodcast/rose-2-rose-the-insane-bachelor-canada-finale-plus-after-the-final-rose

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:23 am

notarose wrote:I really like these guys as epi reviewers. They attended the live ATFR and talk a wee bit about that as well. 
https://soundcloud.com/reel2reelpodcast/rose-2-rose-the-insane-bachelor-canada-finale-plus-after-the-final-rose

Thanks for this. My biggest question is why do people feel the need to use the F word so freely and so much? Are they that limited in their vocabulary? Goodness! I don't think they really like Chris tho laugh out loud
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm so happy I didn't watch the whole season. Chris is probably a nice guy but not the best choice for bachelor, imo. It certainly wasn't compelling enough to keep me interested and then it was one of those endings that makes people feel that they wasted their time. I don't see that it really matters who he wanted during the season because if it was Lyndsey, he didn't pick her in the end, and if it was Mikaela, he ended it ASAP. It seems like neither were the right choice for him and/or he wasn't ready to give either a try. JMO

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:46 pm

albean99 wrote:I'm so happy I didn't watch the whole season. Chris is probably a nice guy but not the best choice for bachelor, imo. It certainly wasn't compelling enough to keep me interested and then it was one of those endings that makes people feel that they wasted their time. I don't see that it really matters who he wanted during the season because if it was Lyndsey, he didn't pick her in the end, and if it was Mikaela, he ended it ASAP. It seems like neither were the right choice for him and/or he wasn't ready to give either a try. JMO

I agree with much of what you said, but when you said “he didn’t pick her in the end” ... I think there was a lot more to the story than that .... way more went down after her LCD and before the FRC than shown .... there’s no doubt in my mind that we weren’t shown the real story. I have a feeling she was going to leave but tptb probably talked her into going to FRC and telling Chris to his face why she was leaving. And also, I believe he picked out that ring for Lindsey .... the way he worded the description of the intended IMO described how he felt about Lindsey and not Mik ... plus if he got the ring for Mik and really felt the way he said he did about the girl the ring was for ... he’d have given it to her. He wasn’t in love enough to move .... and neither was she, plus I think she was a little mad that he had said along he would.... then changed his mind after talking to his parents. The Big Bad Bach Bubble was Burst laugh out loud. I said a few weeks ago that he reminded me a lot of Brad 1.0 .... didn’t realize how similar they really were! I wish he would have did what Brad did though and picked no one ... would have been less humiliating for Mik in the long run. I bet tptb carry the guilt on their shoulders for that though and talked him into how the FRC would play out . Probably one of the reasons he didn’t “play” the game post show with the franchise.... he’d had enough IMO

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:18 pm

LoveDovez wrote:
notarose wrote:I really like these guys as epi reviewers. They attended the live ATFR and talk a wee bit about that as well. 

Thanks for this. My biggest question is why do people feel the need to use the F word so freely and so much? Are they that limited in their vocabulary? Goodness! I don't think they really like Chris tho laugh out loud

They usually swear but in this epi much much more so. 
Yep. They started out earlier in the season being much more diplomatic toward Chris but the last 2-3 epis they haven’t held back. I always find it interesting hearing a male POV.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 59 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 57, 58, 59

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

+33
timfan
aglaea
mercieme
AYA
AmberTrails
whatchamacallit
Idlemess
Agent99
albean99
AllAboutLove
ReneeM