SELECT CONTENT

Blake Horstmann - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 72 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blake Horstmann - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 72 Empty Re: Blake Horstmann - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Joy15 Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:08 pm

hahaha i love me some conspiracy theory laugh out loud

-Becca always call Blake her mountain man . it was a Snowy Bailey on HTD
-Emily comment over Blake at MTP : he looks like a movie star
> Jon Snow?? LOL

would it be a hoot if the TMZ pic was a foiler. Eventhough its better for me to believe otherwise and then get a pleasant surprise Smiley

Back to top Go down

Blake Horstmann - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 72 Empty Re: Blake Horstmann - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Kashathediva wrote: Snipped...

As far as the more recent ‘ettes, I never saw anything even close to breaking a fourth wall, allowing the stalkerish, and disgustingly low behavior of production to continue interviewing and filming post break-up in airport, plane and home. Enough is enough is how I felt. It was a huge, nauseating, low for me. I was beyond disgusted a human being would allow and cooperate with that. IMO those were private moments not meant for a tv audience.
That set the stage for me regarding her passivity and submissiveness. I could continue to bullet all the other points imo that substantiate my views and needlessly make this post longer, but I’ve done that in past posts. More importantly, is I have seen little to nothing to indicate otherwise. Jmoaa

@Kashathediva   The problem with the above is that pretty much every season there is a new low. So this low, won't be the lowest of the low next season. Just like the lows of yesteryear, seem pretty tame today. There is a constant push to increase the drama and the shock factor. That is not on Becca. That is on producers...and frankly, on us because we keep watching!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:54 pm

Sprite wrote:
Kashathediva wrote: Snipped...

As far as the more recent ‘ettes, I never saw anything even close to breaking a fourth wall, allowing the stalkerish, and disgustingly low behavior of production to continue interviewing and filming post break-up in airport, plane and home. Enough is enough is how I felt. It was a huge, nauseating, low for me. I was beyond disgusted a human being would allow and cooperate with that. IMO those were private moments not meant for a tv audience.
That set the stage for me regarding her passivity and submissiveness. I could continue to bullet all the other points imo that substantiate my views and needlessly make this post longer, but I’ve done that in past posts. More importantly, is I have seen little to nothing to indicate otherwise. Jmoaa

@Kashathediva   The problem with the above is that pretty much every season there is a new low. So this low, won't be the lowest of the low next season. Just like the lows of yesteryear, seem pretty tame today. There is a constant push to increase the drama and the shock factor. That is not on Becca. That is on producers...and frankly, on us because we keep watching!

I agree about the how low can they go. I have not watched BIP sinc the second season it was BP( hope that makes sense). I watched one episode of The Proposal. Then no more. I watched only this season’s Meat and Geek.  That was enough for me.  
I am quickly divesting myself of franchise viewing. So I don’t take much blame, laugh out loud especially in all these years I consistently snark on the entire package.
Production has always been imo a nest of vipers. Cast imo have always sold a pound of flesh in exchange for being on the show. Jmo, this season the lead didn’t sell a pound of flesh, she gave away her whole self.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:28 pm

@Kashathediva I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I am actually watching the show and I don't really see that Becca gave away her whole self. I think she feels for people and is conflicted as a result. Some see that as playing to the storyline...and I don't disagree that some of that is involved as that is inevitable as part of the show...but I just see it mostly as part of her personality. She is empathic and kind and I wouldn't have her any other way. There is a reason why her cast has been so positive about her. No MeAndi here.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:43 pm

Yes, I agree about agreeing to disagree.
I don’t see this as a niceness, kindness, empathy issue. Those are wonderful qualities. I see her as very giving. All good things.
My issue, is there is a line in the sand where you don’t sacrifice yourself for others ridiculousness, meanness etc— call it ill will perhaps.
I see it as she blurs her own personal boundaries to the point where she can’t see it’s harmful.
The phrase “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me” comes to mind for me.
So, either she has poor insight, is too trusting, spineless or a combo, imo.
I do hope she is happy.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:59 pm

@Kashathediva My take is too trusting. Happens with nice people. I used to be like that. With time and experience I may have gone to the dark side somewhat. Hugesmile

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:05 pm

They’ve really played up Blake in the overall storyline, making him seem like the frontrunner in OTT fashion. Probably hoping to hold on to viewers throughout the season once the F1 was revealed to have displayed bigotry via SM. By the time Becca doesn’t choose Blake tptb won’t care about the backlash as they will have successfully strung along viewers hoping for a Blake F1. If Blake is in the running for TB role tptb could use ATFR as the full circle moment. He met dumped Becca there and then returns as the heavily rooted for dumped contestant. Personally I think he can do and deserves way better than the usual crop of women usually chosen now a days.

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:06 pm

@Sprite you certainly do not imo dwell on the dark side. Even part time.
You grew into a fine peach.
Seriously, discussion is good and you always offer that! (IMO)

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:11 pm

I've watched at least parts of every Bach/ette season and am quite familiar with storylines and the infamous storyboards. Virtually all leads do the job they are paid to do except for JPG, and THAT didn't go well. Becca seemingly doesn't have anything that is a deal breaker IMO.

Previous Bachelorettes drew their line in the sand. Rachel handled the humiliating HTD with Dean's "unusual" dad with such grace and handled Lee's apology on the ATFR show so well. Rachel controlled what she could control. Same with Jojo. Despite dealing with crazy meat eater Chad, the tiny belligerent marine and erectile dysfunction Evan, she shut down every attempt to draw Jordan's famous brother into the show. ALL IIRC and IMHO.

Blake can and will be fine without her. He's attractive, educated, kind and has dealt with huge amounts of adversity in his life.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:12 pm

I remember Bekah saying that Becca really always wants to see the best in everyone and really tries to avoid conflict and negativity. I definitely see that with her "I have respect for ALL of the men on my season" BS. That said, I think every lead gets played to some extent. They were able to convince Ashley to let Ben F propose. They were able to convince Rachel that they just couldn't kick Lee out when they found out that he was a racist because they had to see it play out. They were able to convince Kaitlyn they would never ever show her sleeping with Nick. And so forth and so forth. I don't think she's really any more or less of a fighter than any of the other leads, just that her need to see the best in everyone is probably what makes her lack the alpha fighter vibes that Andi, Kaitlyn, and Rachel had. In terms of her treatment of Blake, to me, it's just same old same old. 

As an aside, I've always found it kind of sexist how we slam the Bachelorettes for bringing their F2 to the final rose ceremony, but never going after the Bachelors for doing the same. I get that it's different in cases like Deanna and Ashley, where the F2 actually got down on one knee, but with everyone else, there's really not much of a difference getting dumped a day before or after. I mean, Jason and Nick have both picked out four rings at this point! It's not that big of a moment! IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:29 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Yes, I agree about agreeing to disagree.
I don’t see this as a niceness, kindness, empathy issue.  Those are wonderful qualities. I see her as very giving. All good things.
My issue, is there is a line in the sand where you don’t sacrifice yourself for others ridiculousness, meanness etc— call it ill will perhaps.
I see it as she blurs her own personal boundaries to the point where she can’t see it’s harmful.
The phrase “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me” comes to mind for me.  
So, either she has poor insight, is too trusting, spineless or a combo, imo.
I do hope she is happy.

THIS!! Completely agree. I think she is gracious and empathetic, but to a fault so much so that I lose a sense of who she really is and what she really stands for. I have no issue with taking Blake to the end, what she said or did to him, I think she really liked him and had Garrett not been there she would be engaged to Blake right now. My issue with Becca is how she has responded to the Lincoln Situation.. It okay to be gracious to the rest of the guys and say how you really feel about Lincoln, because he Did some pretty horrible things. Her response to it comes across spineless and a little fake. IMO

Back to Blake , I have no issues with how she has treated this relationship. IMO
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:39 pm

Actually, I have no problem with anyone taking the F2 to the end. It’s the expected format, imo. If they don’t that’s fine, too.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 79 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 75 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Blake Horstmann - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+101
Fleurdesel
Ash2214
alwayscooking
ishkabaha
missnana