SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - FAN FORUM - Media SM - Discussion

Page 38 of 79 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 58 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - FAN FORUM - Media SM - Discussion   - Page 38 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - FAN FORUM - Media SM - Discussion

Post by TheWrongReasons Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:21 pm

I remember him putting up an IG story of this song ... looked it up in the archives and he posted it on Dec.14 and captioned it with “Damn ... all the feels”.
https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t4602p240-bachelor-22-arie-luyendyk-jr-sm-media-sleuthing-spoilers-2
(mods, please delete link if we’re unable to put it here)

There was some talk back then of how sweet it was/how in love he must have been with his F1 but I always thought some of the lyrics were a bit weird since the spoilers were so straightforward at the time, particularly this part:
“we fell in love
not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time

(bolding from me)

Knowing how conflicted he was and how he really felt about Lauren, this makes a lot more sense now :yes:

This part of the lyrics = their current story right now beatingheart:
“We’re so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we’ll be alright this time”

source for lyrics

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - FAN FORUM - Media SM - Discussion   - Page 38 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - FAN FORUM - Media SM - Discussion

Post by littlereddress Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:44 pm

I agree with the above TheWrongReasons.  It is all making sense now.

IMO because Arie said he always leads with chemistry so he did not want to do that again he suppressed his feelings for Lauren but he realized that was also suppressing his heart.  

I have to wonder if he tried to force himself to love Becca in more of a romantic way.  I do think he loved her in the "she is what a man should want to be with and neatly checks off all the correct boxes - she is the sensible choice" and he was trying to feel the passion with her but he couldn't. Becca is very beautiful - stunning so it must have been some intangible thing that he could just not put his finger on. With Lauren he was giddy and out of control.  His face would light up when he saw her.  

Haven't some of us been there ourselves.  I know I was dating a man who was wonderful in every way and would have been a great husband but I could never feel those butterflies with him.  I tried so hard and I continued dating him and envisioned a future, talked about it, tried to make it happen because of who he was but I just couldn't do it.  I thought there was something wrong with me.  It felt like an arrangement - excellent on paper and the guy my family and friends would approve of but my heart wasn't feeling it.  I just knew I would wake up months or years down the road and be melancholy that I settled for the sensible.

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:19 pm

@littlereddress :yes: it’s the “intangible” that makes the difference. You can’t force a feeling.

Lauren was tagged in this bridal hair pic:
Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - FAN FORUM - Media SM - Discussion   - Page 38 823b8310
fig_jam_fashion IG

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:29 pm

TheWrongReasons wrote:^aww he really is a cute dork. I like his tweet composite of pics, too. What a great Insta fiancé laugh out loud

Lucas15 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:OT

I ordered personalized calendars at xmas time from WalMart. I'm on their mailing list. Look at today's subject line. laugh out loud

Walmart Photo Centre [offers@walmartphotocentre.ca]

WOW! WOW! WOW!

I love that!
Amazing!

Oh my God!
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:27 pm

TheWrongReasons wrote:@littlereddress :yes: it’s the “intangible” that makes the difference. You can’t force a feeling.

Lauren was tagged in this bridal hair pic:
Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - FAN FORUM - Media SM - Discussion   - Page 38 823b8310
fig_jam_fashion IG[/quote]

I just re watched Arie's conversation with his family about the F2. Arie: " I feel like it makes more sense with Becca, but with Lauren, there is this undeniable love there".

Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:50 pm

@Maggenzm he was fighting it so hard, fighting to go with “logic” and some arbitrary “checklist” ... when the thing is, IMO you can’t go wrong with following your heart. I guess he learned that lesson the hard way laugh out loud
He’s lucky Lauren didn’t let pride/a bruised ego get in the way of following her heart.

It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
You remember that?
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:00 am

I believe, in retrospect( being married almost 39 yrs), real love will have bruised egos at times. This is the one of the costs. LOL That's why most who marry state those vows--better/worse, sickness/health, richer/poorer, azzhat/or not to death due us part. 
A bruised ego and learning to deal with it, IMO is best learned to be dealt with at a young age. JMO
I'm not a romantic. I'm a pragmatist at heart.  I still go with this.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:35 am

Can I just say that they are handling SM like a champ? They post enough to keep their fans informed, but are not overbearing. No shots of them in bed (I really think that is tacky to post photos of you and your SO in bed) or OTT displays of affection. Well done, Arie and Lauren. clapping!
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:01 am

Arie was tagged in a post for a Cinco de Mayo event May 5 in Scottsdale:

https://instagram.com/p/BgjM8_tFpPM/

It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
You remember that?
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:10 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BglWm7YlXYP/

I love how he captures the beauty of Barcelona AND Lauren!
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by everglow Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:57 am

@TheWrongReasons

It's definitely interesting now to look back and recollect which songs Arie showed he was listening to in his IG stories--and when--since returning from filming to try to better understand the crazy confused mind space he was in. One song I do remember him posting is "Never Be The Same" by Camila Cabello and this one is for sure of significance because he did it right after having seen Lauren in person for the first time since the show and having sweetly reunited with her.

"Something must've gone wrong in my brain
Got your chemicals all in my veins
Feeling all the highs, feeling all the pain
Let go on the wheel, it’s the bullet lane"
"And I could try to run, but it would be useless
You're to blame
Just one hit of you, I knew I'll never ever, ever be the same
It's you, babe"
Source

His head was trying to convince his heart what his heart knew to be a lie, but his heart ultimately ruled and made sure that he above all held on to what he feels. Also, the "stop playing it safe" later in the song and "let go on the wheel, it's the bullet lane" lines are not only apt for Arie's situation but they also express his motto in life about taking chances and living in the fast lane.

"so if you love someone, you should let them know / oh the light that you give me will everglow" ✨
everglow
everglow

Female Posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:49 pm

Arie just posted an IG story of the paps waiting to photograph them and then the guy got caught by hotel management. laugh out loud
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 79 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 58 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - FAN FORUM - Media SM - Discussion

+50
Macswife8
Ladybug82
Ayana
Jolena
nikikass