SELECT CONTENT

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 62 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BachelorABC - Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 62 Empty Re: Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Aria Tue May 29, 2018 12:11 pm

@North Oh, I think it will be 100% BS. I just don't think he'll get any push back on it from interviewers, who will be motivated to make it go away. And I think there are enough fans out there who think that what he said isn't that bad and who want to just forget about this so they can enjoy the show that his apology will work. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

BachelorABC - Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 62 Empty Re: Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by North Tue May 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Aria wrote:@North Oh, I think it will be 100% BS. I just don't think he'll get any push back on it from interviewers, who will be motivated to make it go away. And I think there are enough fans out there who think that what he said isn't that bad and who want to just forget about this so they can enjoy the show that his apology will work. IMO.

"isn't that bad" isn't good enough for me and exactly why we need to have these conversations. I love that this is getting picked-up by the mainstream media -- not b/c I have some vendetta against Garrett (I don't) but b/c these conversations need to be had.

If this follows him throughout the season (and it should) -- every interviewer should be chomping at the bit to be the first to get to this topic. Come on! Even those employed by ABC could go super soft on him and ask Garrett about his "conservative" views vs Becca's feminist stance. I mean in this politically charged climate -- dating is a challenge and a vote for so-so could be a relationship killer.

But those are softballs, I want someone -- anyone -- to explain how supporting hate is representative of one's personal belief system.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue May 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Vanity Fair and People on line have both picked up the Huff Post story.

While Lee Garrett was awful on Rachel's season, he wasn't F1 and it did not get all the attention. I think just since Rachel's season so much has changed at warp speed with social media and real life events like even more school shootings, the MeToo movement to name a few. IDK what's gonna happen with this, but I really don't think this will go away or be easily swept under the rug...nor should it be. IMO.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoil Me Again Tue May 29, 2018 2:15 pm

He will have no choice but to release a statement.

Everyone is covering this now - ABC cannot ignore.
Spoil Me Again
Spoil Me Again

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue May 29, 2018 2:54 pm

If they do make a statement, I wonder if he’ll strongly stand by his convictions or if he’ll backpedal outta this mess hard. I would bet the farm he’ll backpedal personally.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue May 29, 2018 3:01 pm

Alanna wrote:If they do make a statement, I wonder if he’ll strongly stand by his convictions or if he’ll backpedal outta this mess hard. I would bet the farm he’ll backpedal personally.
Same. & people will eat it up because being a bigot is accepted in society as long as the person doesn't explicitly state that they themselves are a bigot. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue May 29, 2018 3:12 pm

ReneeM wrote:
Alanna wrote:If they do make a statement, I wonder if he’ll strongly stand by his convictions or if he’ll backpedal outta this mess hard. I would bet the farm he’ll backpedal personally.
Same. & people will eat it up because being a bigot is accepted in society as long as the person doesn't explicitly state that they themselves are a bigot. All jmo.

Yep. 

I’m so sick of the “I’m not a racist” [but] insert disgustingly ignorant/yucky comment here.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue May 29, 2018 3:16 pm

Alanna wrote:I doubt G and B will ever say anything publicly. He probably doesn’t even strongly agree with those likes and memes, especially to defend it all in the media’s eye, just is callous and finds that type of stuff funny and “reasonable.”

Why do you think he doesn’t strongly believe and support this kind of stuff? Idk. To me, if you are just a casual political guy or don’t really care, you don’t follow those kinds of sites to begin with, let alone like stuff. 

I’m pretty passionate about lots of progressive causes. I like the posts I’m passionate about. I’m sure Garrett is the same, just definitely in a different direction. If he were apolitical and/or doesn’t care that much, he’s not seeking out this content to begin with, let alone liking it.

JMO

Last edited by sosleepy on Tue May 29, 2018 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue May 29, 2018 3:20 pm

ReneeM wrote:

And just like Rosanne’s apology I won’t buy it. The racist, homophobic, conspiracy theorists take more than a day to “reform”. An apology it what they do to try to wiggle out of the train wreck. They have the right to express their views and I have the right to be disgusted by them.

I am shocked at how quickly they cancelled the show but it makes a pretty clear statement.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue May 29, 2018 3:27 pm

sosleepy wrote:
Alanna wrote:I doubt G and B will ever say anything publicly. He probably doesn’t even strongly agree with those likes and memes, especially to defend it all in the media’s eye, just is callous and finds that type of stuff funny and “reasonable.”

Why do you think he doesn’t strongly believe and support this kind of stuff? Idk. To me, if you are just a casual political guy or don’t really care, you don’t follow those kinds of sites to begin with, let alone like stuff. 

I’m pretty passionate about lots of progressive causes. I like the posts I’m passionate about. I’m sure Garrett is the same, just definitely in a different direction. If he was apolitical and/or doesn’t care that much, he’s not seeking out this content or liking it to begin with. 

JMO
I don’t know- I think if he personally strongly believed in all the stuff he was liking, he’d have zero interest in Becca or the show. I also imagine he’d be proudly defending his stance like the “individuals” who marched with Home Depot’s mosquito torches for all the world to see (imo). Deleting everything and running away just doesn’t scream that he’ll stand by these likes and being with Becca makes me think he’s more of a casual douche who doesn’t think than anything else. Jmo anyway. Maybe I’m not explaining it well.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue May 29, 2018 3:33 pm

I think people rarely stand by the opinions they know are controversial publicly. That doesn't mean they don't truly feel that way, just that they're cowards. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue May 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Most likely he'll blame it on liking everything he comes across on his feed without giving it much thought. He'll apologize to those he let down. He'll vow to do better and be more conscious when he uses SM. Ugh.

BachelorABC - Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 62 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+93
Imp
ishkabaha
Maya
Ayana
Cecilia