SELECT CONTENT

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 66 of 79 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 72 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 66 Empty Re: Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Tiggerlgh Wed May 30, 2018 7:54 pm

I do wish his account was still active to see all his posts and likes as a whole.  This in No Way excuses him for what he did like but I would love to see a fuller picture of what he posted and liked.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 66 Empty Re: Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by FMG2015 Wed May 30, 2018 8:04 pm

IMO, Garrett should be saying something and not Becca because she can't really give many details so it just makes her look worse. From her interviews today I got the impression it was talked about and maybe he doesn't completely agree with all the beliefs in the liked posts and it's not a concrete representation of who he is as a person. I'm not excusing his behavior or discounting his differing views from Becca because he needs to be held accountable for his actions. He clearly has different political views but my gut is telling me he has a lot of maturing to do. I'm in my late 20s and I know quite a few people that laugh at awful things but if it actually affected them they wouldn't find the humor in it.
I hope Becca challenges him to be a man that educates himself to be empathetic to diversity. JMO

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by kerriway Wed May 30, 2018 8:06 pm

^^That I didn't know. For me, more liked posts would definitely confirm that all this was more than a passing "like'/interest/viewpoint.

If I could truly embrace mediocrity, I wouldn't have to make any decisions because fear would make all my decisions for me. ~Nurberxo
kerriway
kerriway

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 30, 2018 8:23 pm

Ashley Spivey posted more than I cared to look at or read. If you want to see them go to her twitter around May 24th.

Becca may want us all to be open to everyone because they are just opinions, but when those opinions include murder, and dangerous activity, it has nothing to do with opinions, and more about being a repulsive human being IMHO.

How many likes are enough? One like of a child making it over the wall but a soldier has to toss him back, grabbing the child by the arms and swinging him in the air, is enough for me. It's not a cartoon, it's not a drawing, it's a real child. No excuse for me, and I'd never want to talk to the guy again. That's just me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71486

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Wed May 30, 2018 8:36 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:I do wish his account was still active to see all his posts and likes as a whole.  This in No Way excuses him for what he did like but I would love to see a fuller picture of what he posted and liked.

i have bookmarked all his likes on this link:

https://imgur.com/a/WZvqmza

Dear Mods, FWIW..this is the link originally posted on reddit... but the redditor provide the link for everyone to see (i am a lurker there, not a member, yet still can see and access the link, so i saved it on my stash). There are 11 there..but i found more (3-4 pics) people posted on twitter.

Pls feel free to remove/delete if violating any forum rules. Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by North Wed May 30, 2018 8:39 pm

Ayana wrote:The redditor who discovered them said there were more liked memes but couldn't post them due to rules of that subreddit about politics. Also, why would he be following that account in the first place if he didn't agree with the things they were posting?

I follow PLENTY of people/news stations/journalists, etc... that I don't agree with or support. I want to know what the opposition's position is -- what they are reporting, how they are reporting, etc... Obviously, I NEVER like any of their posts -- just doing my opposition research.

Not to get all Godfather on ya'll but I subscribe to the "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" adage.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed May 30, 2018 8:43 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Ashley Spivey posted more than I cared to look at or read. If you want to see them go to her twitter around May 24th.

Becca may want us all to be open to everyone because they are just opinions, but when those opinions include murder, and dangerous activity, it has nothing to do with opinions, and more about being a repulsive human being IMHO.

How many likes are enough? One like of a child making it over the wall but a soldier has to toss him back, grabbing the child by the arms and swinging him in the air, is enough for me. It's not a cartoon, it's not a drawing, it's a real child. No excuse for me, and I'd never want to talk to the guy again. That's just me.

clapping!
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Wed May 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Joy15 wrote:
Tiggerlgh wrote:I do wish his account was still active to see all his posts and likes as a whole.  This in No Way excuses him for what he did like but I would love to see a fuller picture of what he posted and liked.

i have bookmarked all his likes on this link:

https://imgur.com/a/WZvqmza

Dear Mods, FWIW..this is the link originally posted on reddit... but the redditor provide the link for everyone to see (i am a lurker there, not a member, yet still can see and access the link, so i saved it on my stash). There are 11 there..but i found more (3-4 pics) people posted on twitter.

Pls feel free to remove/delete if violating any forum rules. Thanks
Those are his only likes or did he also like non-disgusting posts as well?  It doesn’t change who he is just give a fuller picture of his interests or if he ever contradicted those likes with others.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Wed May 30, 2018 8:52 pm

@Tiggerlgh I'm sure he did! IG isn't like Twitter, where you can see a list of a person's likes. You have to go the individual accounts they follow and check the specific posts. Of course, people checked this account because it seemed sketchy, but he's a normal dude. He followed a lot of friends/family, celebrities, "dirty/sexual" accounts, etc. I'm sure he liked pictures of his friends and family and hunting and hot girls and all the stuff a normal 29-y/o does. I don't think anyone is saying that he's just out there being a bigot 24/7. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by XQZME Wed May 30, 2018 8:54 pm

FMG2015 wrote:IMO, Garrett should be saying something and not Becca because she can't really give many details so it just makes her look worse. From her interviews today I got the impression it was talked about and maybe he doesn't completely agree with all the beliefs in the liked posts and it's not a concrete representation of who he is as a person. I'm not excusing his behavior or discounting his differing views from Becca because he needs to be held accountable for his actions. He clearly has different political views but my gut is telling me he has a lot of maturing to do. I'm in my late 20s and I know quite a few people that laugh at awful things but if it actually affected them they wouldn't find the humor in it.
I hope Becca challenges him to be a man that educates himself to be empathetic to diversity. JMO

...this is my take away from the way she has had to address this in the press.

I wouldn't be surprised if she did some face-timing with his family also.  I don't think Becca would be with Garrett right now, if she thought his beliefs were as extreme as those posts.  It wouldn't surprise me, if at some point, we find out G isn't as conservative as he is being made out to be.

The interviews feel like Becca has been told to not address the subject directly if she is asked.  That tells me the tptb have told G he can't say anything yet, either.  IF that is true then it has to be frustrating for everyone involved.

The older I become, the more I come to the realization technology is not necessarily a good thing.  I am not going to put G on blast though I don't agree with what he did.  I want to hear what he has to say first; probably will be at ATFR.  There is too much hate in this world right now and I just don't want to add to it.
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 pm

For the sake of humanity at large, can we please stop excusing bigotry....i dont’t mean to speak for the lovely peeps on this forum but I doubt anyone is going on Garrett’s IG and posting hateful remarks. We are just discussing amongst ourselves here so implying we are adding “hate” to the world via our IMO respectful discussions is unfair...all jmho.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayana Wed May 30, 2018 9:01 pm

North wrote:
Ayana wrote:The redditor who discovered them said there were more liked memes but couldn't post them due to rules of that subreddit about politics. Also, why would he be following that account in the first place if he didn't agree with the things they were posting?

I follow PLENTY of people/news stations/journalists, etc... that I don't agree with or support. I want to know what the opposition's position is -- what they are reporting, how they are reporting, etc... Obviously, I NEVER like any of their posts -- just doing my opposition research.  

Not to get all Godfather on ya'll but I subscribe to the "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" adage.

I totally understand what you mean and and I keep up with some news sites I don't agree with too. But with the instagram he was following, I don't know how he can claim it was for research when it's mostly just troll posts.

jmo
Ayana
Ayana

Female Posts : 1009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 79 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 72 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+93
Imp
ishkabaha
Maya
Ayana
Cecilia