SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 69 of 74 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Finally got a chance to watch the episode and am up to the bit where Emily's on her date and Sophie, Britt and Cass are sitting around back at the mansion chatting on the lawn (totally unpromted I'm sure!).

Britt says "Don't you feel like Brooke is always one step ahead?" Very odd thing for an F1 to say (and for the editors to leave in, because presumably they'd want the audience to think the Lead and F1 have the strongest connection at this point).  

It's feeling more and more to me like Brooke was cast with the promise she could get to F3 and then quit.  This leaves Badge "heartbroken" in the viewers eyes, and justifies him either choosing no one, or only staying with F1 for a brief time.

It's seeming to me like this whole season was scripted from start to finish.  They wanted Badge so much they said "look, just do it mate, and we'll arrange it you don't even have to date the girl after the show!" Suspect
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Dirty Street Pie Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:10 am

Hmmm, I don't know @Bobette I feel as though TPTB are patting themselves on the back about the massive blindside they are pulling off by Brooke going at F3. Can you tell I'm watching Survivor at the moment as well? laugh out loud

But you could be right, it could be that Brooke is was promised F3, then neither of the remaining F2 get a massive sweetheart edit to protect Nick from some of the backlash at a speedy breakup?
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:17 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Hmmm, I don't know @Bobette I feel as though TPTB are patting themselves on the back about the massive blindside they are pulling off by Brooke going at F3. Can you tell I'm watching Survivor at the moment as well? laugh out loud

But you could be right, it could be that Brooke is was promised F3, then neither of the remaining F2 get a massive sweetheart edit to protect Nick from some of the backlash at a speedy breakup?

That's exactly how I think it played out.

Sophie we have seen practically nothing of and then on her single date it looks like next ep she suddenly plays the sexy vixen card (va va VOOM!) which will not win her a lot of favour with the audience IMO.  

And Britt IMO just has not come across secure enough in her relationship with Nick or gushy enough about her feelings to make it believable either of them could be in love within the next 4 episodes IMO.

It all just feels a bit weird and off to me.

Meanwhile if Brooke isn't next Lead Shannon definitely threw her hat into the ring with that exit speech!  She does realise there's no Logies category for "most overly emotional half-drunk speech on a reality show", right?

ETA:  offtopic This season's Survivor has convinced me Sportsbet are in bed with Ch 10.  They've had a certain person as favourite to win from about week 2, even when it seemed that person had zero chance.  Suspect
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:19 am

Yes! That’s exactly what is puzzling me. By now in other series you’ve had girls telling the producers during their in-the-moments how much in love with the lead they are. Haven’t seen that this year.

spangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheriden Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:51 am

@spangler  Isn't this DM article doing the same thing as what you mentioned?
By now in other series you’ve had girls telling the producers during their in-the-moments how much in love with the lead they are.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6112247/The-Bachelor-winner-Brittany-Hockley-says-wants-marry-Nick-Cummins.html

30 August 2018 from Who magazine, after that kiss in the pool. Brittany talks in the present tense.
Cheriden
Cheriden

Female Posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:21 am

Bobette wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:Hmmm, I don't know @Bobette I feel as though TPTB are patting themselves on the back about the massive blindside they are pulling off by Brooke going at F3. Can you tell I'm watching Survivor at the moment as well? laugh out loud

That's exactly how I think it played out.

Sophie we have seen practically nothing of and then on her single date it looks like next ep she suddenly plays the sexy vixen card (va va VOOM!) which will not win her a lot of favour with the audience IMO.  

And Britt IMO just has not come across secure enough in her relationship with Nick or gushy enough about her feelings to make it believable either of them could be in love within the next 4 episodes IMO.

It all just feels a bit weird and off to me.

Meanwhile if Brooke isn't next Lead Shannon definitely threw her hat into the ring with that exit speech!  She does realise there's no Logies category for "most overly emotional half-drunk speech on a reality show", right?

ETA:  offtopic This season's Survivor has convinced me Sportsbet are in bed with Ch 10.  They've had a certain person as favourite to win from about week 2, even when it seemed that person had zero chance.  Suspect

I had my eye on that too. Masterchef was exactly the same
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by spangler Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:23 am

What I said has nothing to do with that article? I was just saying how during previous series of the bachelor by the time when it has been down to the F7, girls were already saying to the producers and the camera (but not to the lead) how much they loved the lead (Nikki comes to mind from richies season in particular). Britt saying she saw herself marrying nick is not her professing her love.

spangler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:29 am

Perhaps they are going to have a super survivor week and have a super bachelor week for the respective finales????
Sundy
Sundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:34 am

Cheriden wrote:@spangler  Isn't this DM article doing the same thing as what you mentioned?
By now in other series you’ve had girls telling the producers during their in-the-moments how much in love with the lead they are.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6112247/The-Bachelor-winner-Brittany-Hockley-says-wants-marry-Nick-Cummins.html

30 August 2018 from Who magazine, after that kiss in the pool. Brittany talks in the present tense.

This is nothing but post-show retrospective framing IMO.  There was speculation of a split from early on so this is probably TPTB's attempt to keep people watching/hoping for a happy ending.  

What I am actually seeing on the show is a guy who IMO can't wait for the whole thing to be over, and a bunch of sorority sisters sitting round braiding each other's hair.  

As @spangler says, usually by now the F1 is saying she's never felt anything like this before and she's just waiting for the right time to tell him she's in love and yak yak yak.

Instead we have the rest of the top 4 basically saying they don't think what they have compares to what he has with Brooke.  Even if they felt that way, it's weird to leave it in IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:01 am

Hey there. How many times can brooke wish Nick at the bachpad?
Sundy
Sundy

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:04 am

i think last season the girls were saying the same thing about tara.. i actually remember Laura saying the exact same thing sophie said after the segway date....brooke imo is getting the exact same edit as tara did last season...jmo
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by stoneleigh Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:26 am

My theory on the Segway date...

Nick had to choose someone from the winning team, which was the blue team of Brooke, Shannon, Emily and Dasha. He gave Dasha the extra time last group date, he was about to take Emily on a single date and he didn't want to lead Shannon on (IMO that was a mercy cull at the Rose ceremony). So, given the circumstances, even though Brooke has had heaps of time at this stage, she was still the best choice from the blue team.

Of course, the other girls don't know any of that so all they are seeing is Brooke getting a 4th lot of extra time. All of them were annoyed as shown. I think they all thought he probably should have taken Shannon.

It seems to me, at this point of the show, he has weeded out his top picks (Britt and Brooke) and the ones he has in the 'no' category and he is making sure he gives enough time to the girls that are 'maybes' just to make sure. ie. Cass, Sophie

I think he has started the mercy culling because he doesn't want to hurt people if he doesn't have to, and he is keeping the one that he has friend zoned and won't get too hurt (Emily) and the strong one who will handle it better (Dasha).

He has decided to give Sophie a bit of a chance now that she has said she likes him hence the late run.

I think he lets Cass go at F4 because he has decided that it won't go any further and doesn't want to string her along.

So then he has his 2 picks (Brooke and Britt) and Sophie that he is giving a chance to. I think by the end of the F3 dates he has picked Britt as his F1 and lets Brooke go early to not string her along, therefore Sophie becomes the default F2.

I also think that you can see this in the way Nick is behaving. He is not wanting to kiss most of the girls now and has put a bit of a wall up to stop them getting too close.  cantstopl

He's being very methodical in his approach I think. My level of respect for him is going up I must say.

I do believe that Britt has been his favourite since their first date and the rest is editing.  Smiley

All my opinions of course!  peace

stoneleigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 74 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia Season 6 - Nick Cummins - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+27
MillyMolly
Billysmom
rchan
Loulou
floret