SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 21 of 73 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 47 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:31 pm

My thoughts on yesterday’s episode:

Full disclaimer, I missed the infamous talk between Becca and Colton and will have to catch up on YouTube later.
I generally found it really entertaining and fun especially as it featured other characters than Tia and Colton for the most part.
Like John who was his genuine self and had 2 women choosing him at the surprise faces of other more ‘ popular ‘ guys. laugh out loud
But first let’s talk about Caroline’s entrance and very awkward time with Joe ... who was patiently waiting for her to never show up...she seems ditzy or something...I thought her to be more intelligent but after tonight, looks like the airhead adjective might fit her well.
So when she asked John and he said yes, I had hopes for both...until she was more interested in a stray cat than his on point questions and conversation. She said she was surprised to like him, mainly because he did not fit her previous kind of guys but really, she did not match his intellect and interest. Which she only partly realized when he was asked by Jubilee as she was trying to claim him but hélas, too late.
Jubilee is a spunky, confident sometimes almost agressive woman who takes no prisoner and is not shy to use all her charm to seduce her men. She did have a better connection with John, at least having decent conversation but when she asked what he does and he said software développer, you could see her being impressed / interested and later on when he mentioned Venmo, her eyes could have $$ sign in emojis even as she tried to camouflage it by saying that he should be liked for who he is, not remembering quite well. She seems to me like someone who would be high maintanance despite her being a badass kind of gal. Maybe I’m wrong and need to see more of her interactions with other men.

Jordan was truly speechless and smitten instantly with “ coconuts” Jenna and they seem pretty well suited for each other frankly. Very entertaining with some sprinkling of cuteness on their date. And the whole jealousy from Jordan and David’s cake was hilarious...and even though it was produced, David is the puppet that cannot see how his continual focus on messing with Jordan is preventing him 1) to be a likable person 2) to find a possible partner. I do not care for his antics or his entitled behavior.
Chris continues to show what a real jerk he is and his line about ‘ first blonde ‘ he kissed ‘TITLE’ to Krystal just illustrates what a moronic D***&$ head he is. And to me, he came in clamoring this victory to Jordan who shot him one of these ‘ omg ‘ look of disdain and Jordan latched on this to make fun of him and Chris took it seriously and took the bait I think Jordan was even surprised how much Chris was hooked on this meal comparisons. The whole thing was so mysoginistic ( word?) and yet I think Jordan was totally making fun of Chris, leading him to believe he could break the most women kissed record . What a total douche.
Annaliese is WAY too invested in the perfect Cinderella’s ending and shows her immaturity. She just wants that ring, damn it, and she’ll take almost anyone to fulfill her fantasy. It’s too bad but she needs a lik therapy to figure nous who she is and what she wants IMO. She has a lot going for her but clearly has more emotional obstacles than others. I feel for her but this environment is pretty much the worse for her personality.
Krystal announcing that she is interested in Chris and flirting with him is again showing how shallow both are and they could be a real match ! :dripdrip especially right after Chris had asked Tia to ‘ TRUST HIM’ about his intentions toward her. We will see Tia’ s thunder next week and I am all for it. But sorry for Tia to not be more perceptive.
Speaking of Tia, I liked the way Colton came to her, almost like a big brother, to let her know about Chris. He has legitimate caring feelings for her, just not the romantic ones she is hoping for.
Kendall and Joe are still progressing in their own journey of discovery and it’s fun to watch. Still no Bach gig for him IMO.

ALLIMHOAA

Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 21 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by northernviewer Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:05 pm

@Astrobach I agree with all of your post and am glad you saw That Jordan was just joking with Chris too and mentioned that last night.  He’s over the top with guys and jokes about the most ridiculous things sometimes laugh out loud but from what I've seen ... he’s not like that with women.  Becca saw him for who he was and liked him ... saw him as funny ... hence the gold underwear!  He’s been nice to the women ... and when he’s speaking to them or about them, he seems sincere and respectful IMO. His forthright manner with Annaliese was showing respect to her and her feelings.... maybe a little blunt but they had  Not been kinda seeing each other for a few days ... how could he know she was planning the wedding and naming their babies already giggling

ETA ... I have a question .... do all else girls know about John’s profession and the money he could be making?  I just find it a bit confusing that he’s he’s the guy so manny are interested in.   Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great guy, but not that great looking and a little nerdy IMO

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:11 pm

Seeing this side of Jordan makes what the girl that dated him before he went on Becca's season said seem very likely. She kept saying he was the sweetest guy she knew and he treated her well.

It appears he does that with women. I do like that about him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:13 pm

So Grocery Joe did an interview with Ellen's staff today... one of those behind the scene things. Doesn't she tape in LA? Apparently he was seen out and about with Kendall over the weekend so he must still be there.

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:15 pm

havadrpepper wrote:Seeing this side of Jordan makes what the girl that dated him before he went on Becca's season said seem very likely.  She kept saying he was the sweetest guy she knew and he treated her well.

It appears he does that with women. I do like that about him.
That doesn’t surprise me .... the more I see of him... the more I get his joking personality .... he’s one of the truly funniest ever on the Bach IMO cantstopl rotfl

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 pm

northernviewer wrote:@Astrobach I agree with all of your post and am glad you saw That Jordan was just joking with Chris too and mentioned that last night.  He’s over the top with guys and jokes about the most ridiculous things sometimes laugh out loud but from what I've seen ... he’s not like that with women.  Becca saw him for who he was and liked him ... saw him as funny ... hence the gold underwear!  He’s been nice to the women ... and when he’s speaking to them or about them, he seems sincere and respectful IMO. His forthright manner with Annaliese was showing respect to her and her feelings.... maybe a little blunt but they had  Not been kinda seeing each other for a few days ... how could he know she was planning the wedding and naming their babies already giggling

ETA ... I have a question .... do all else girls know about John’s profession and the money he could be making?  I just find it a bit confusing that he’s he’s the guy so many are interested in.   Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great guy, but not that great looking and a little nerdy IMO

Yes, I think they know. I remember Chris H. saying something about John being the most eligible man (in terms of net worth) in BN (which is likely debatable, but even so.) Plus you have the opening credits where he is jokingly counting money. I think word filtered around that that he is highly eligible in that regard.

I happen to like intelligent, geeky guys, and I assume some women cast members in BN do as well. But the fact that John has been very successful in his career doesn't hurt, now does it?  giggling

As for Jordan, I could definitely see him trolling Chris with the "women as a meal" simile. I hope he was trolling him!
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:21 pm

I definitely think the reason Caroline asked John out was because she thought he has a lot of money. Honestly, I think a lot of people have the wrong impression about John and Venmo. He was one of the first 5 employees of the company, not an owner. He may have had company stock that he may have gotten money for when Venmo was sold. If he did, hopefully it was invested and growing for him. But, he also may not have gotten a piece of the pie so to speak.

I don't think he is struggling financially, but I don't think he is as "rich" as everyone thinks he is.

I would totally guess that all of these girls checked out the guys when RS released them so had an idea of who they were. They wouldn't have known how far they went since they would have seen only 2 episodes at the most when BIP was filmed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:26 pm

havadrpepper wrote:I definitely think the reason Caroline asked John out was because she thought he has a lot of money.  Honestly, I think a lot of people have the wrong impression about John and Venmo.  He was one of the first 5 employees of the company, not an owner. He may have had company stock that he may have gotten money for when Venmo was sold. If he did, hopefully it was invested and growing for him.  But, he also may not have gotten a piece of the pie so to speak.

I don't think he is struggling financially, but I don't think he is as "rich" as everyone thinks he is.

I would totally guess that all of these girls checked out the guys when RS released them so had an idea of who they were. They wouldn't have known how far they went since they would have seen only 2 episodes at the most when BIP was filmed.

Celebrity Net Worth estimates his net worth is 5 million.  https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/business-executives/john-graham-net-worth/ Personally, I think that's a conservative estimate. John has a lot of irons in the fire. And if he had stock options in Venmo (which is likely,) and waited to cash out, his net worth might be well north of that. It likely doesn't put him into Andrew Firestone or Prince Lorenzo Borghese territory (each worth about 50 million.) But for a guy in his late 20s, he is doing very well indeed, and there is nowhere to go but up.

For the sake of comparison, Arie's net worth is estimated at 4 million. https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/race-car-drivers/arie-luyendyk-jr-net-worth/
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:45 pm

That's nice to know but you will notice I used "may have" a lot in my post which means I didn't know. I would guess that a lot of his net worth is tied up and is not accessible to him though it will be continually growing and he will be quite comfortable in his retirement at an early age :yes:

The point is with John is he is not doing nothing with his life even though he may have money. He still works, and works hard because that is his passion in life. He also does not flaunt the fact he may have money like other contestants in BN. That's what I like about him.

I just hope that whoever he ends with as a partner in life is with him because of who he is and not the fact he may have money.

Back to top Go down

Post by cookielover12 Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:31 pm

I was surprised to see Caroline on BIP last night... Not sure If i am remembering correctly.. But I remmeber she kept tweeting that she wasnt going to paradise? Does anyone else remember that? I went back to look for those tweets, but they are gone.
cookielover12
cookielover12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Personally, of all the guys on BIP currently on, the ones that I myself would be most interested in are John, Joe, Kenny and Eric....in that order. It's not so much about the looks, as it is about how they treat others and if I could enjoy a conversation with them. For me John seems to fit my criteria the best because while he is clearly smart, articulate, kind, he also seems up for anything and appears to have a good sense of humour. He likes music since he plays the guitar, but at the top of the list...the man cooks! I would be asking him to demonstrate those skills for me while there and maybe do some cooking together. The way to this gals heart is through her stomach!!!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:22 pm

havadrpepper wrote:That's nice to know but you will notice I used "may have" a lot in my post which means I didn't know.  I would guess that a lot of his net worth is tied up and is not accessible to him though it will be continually growing and he will be quite comfortable in his retirement at an early age :yes:

The point is with John is he is not doing nothing with his life even though he may have money. He still works, and works hard because that is his passion in life.  He also does not flaunt the fact he may have money like other contestants in BN.  That's what I like about him.

I just hope that whoever he ends with as a partner in life is with him because of who he is and not the fact he may have money.

I think he'll get it figured out. I like how he talked about it openly with Jubilee.

And Sprite, I agree with you about a man who can cook! yes I dated a chef once, and it was heavenly.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 73 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 47 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+62
whit90
Idlemess
RealityEscape
SafronSahara
Ayana