SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 20 of 73 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 46 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mindless Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:52 am

Jubilee is so gorgeous! She and John seemed like a good match, wonder what happened there?

Jenna is playing Jordan like a fiddle.

Chris proves to be the douchiest douchebag, as expected.

Caroline is so awkward. Weird.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:08 am

Amethyst wrote:Episode 5-02b: My thoughts --

This episode was so packed it exhausted me in a good way.

Colton: I went from having a stone cold heart towards Colton to thawing on him just a bit because he seemed to gain some insight during his chat with Becca. I loved when he said, "I don't know what I want yet...please be patient with me," and "I want that [meaning a partner]...I don't know [about] right now." He finally gets it. And I, in turn, finally got at least a part of why he was so attached to Becca: She has the power to pull this kind of insight out of him.
Jordan -- It was so much fun to see him fall head over heels for Jenna -- "You're like a girl version of me...you're cute." This is why I watch, people! It was intriguing to me when he talked about how he and Jenna had the "potential to not just understand [each other, but also to] be entertained." Jordan needs someone who can keep up with his quick wit. I very much like how he handled his break-up conversation with Annaliese, as he made his thoughts and intentions crystal clear. Annaliese could have no doubt as to where his head was at when she walked away from it. I was thinking, Colton, watch this closely and learn, because this is how it's done.

Jordan continues to be extremely entertaining. His glowering at David, flipping the cake, and commenting that the bed "has a bad vibe...it has chicken feathers all over it" were all hilarious. Yet his conversation with Chris likening women to courses of a meal was cringe-worthy. You're better than that, Jordan!

Annaliese -- I like her a lot, plus she's super cute. I feel for her because it's hard to come to the realization that it's not you.
Astrid -- She continues to be a good observer with on-point comments.
David -- David has ONE job, and he's killing it -- to mess with Jordan. Is there anything more to this man? Hopefully he's getting in some good conversations with the women.
John G. -- It's nice to see John finally getting some attention. Two dates, yay! I loved Kevin's comment, "What's John packin' down there?" laugh out loud Um, Kevin, it's not down there, it's what's up in his head that's attractive to the women. Jubilee was a better match for him than Caroline, but neither woman felt quite right to me. I had to give myself a virtual smack on the head when Caroline kept noticing the stray animals, because that would be me as well. Look, a cat! *sigh* His question to Caroline about her "passions" in life was mildly disturbing to me because it reminded me of another man who uses that word, implying if you are not all in for whatever you do, there is something wrong. IMO *sometimes* you have passions, but most of the time it's more likes, interests, hobbies, and perhaps (if you are lucky) avocations, all of which might change over time. So if John or anyone else asked me that question, that is how I would respond.
Jubilee -- Jubilee is looking great. I like her straightforward manner and how she goes after what she wants without apology.

Kenny & Krystal (and Chris) -- Well, as I suspected, Krystal friend-zoned Kenny. Sorry Kenny, but that's how the cookie crumbles. As for Chris, I was weirdly unperturbed when he quickly abandoned Tia for Krystal, perhaps because I never saw Chris & Tia for the long haul. Plus, let's just say that he was not his most attractive self this episode. Is that the polite way to put it? Of course I don't see Chris and Krystal either, but that's for her to figure out. We all know that he will be happy with a blonde.
Colton & Tia -- This "not a couple" has become more attractive to me now that Colton has gained some insight and Tia has calmed down about him. I liked when Colton said, "I don't have to protect you, because you can take care of yourself."

@Amethyst
Great insights, All. Colton does not want Tia though IMO and I don't blame him. He just tried to get a one up when he thought she'd be the Bachelorette and dumped her on her head when he found out she wasn't to go after Becca. It is a tad annoying to me that so many of these girls have no discernment, can't read clues, think you can forge ahead when it's clear he's not that into you. I think these ladies are all too old to have to be told in plain English what their experience should be helping them ascertain, IMO. Example Jordan: Everyone on the island knew Jordan flipped when he saw Jenna and floated back from their date. What the heck was wrong with Annaliese? I'm afraid Kenny was just as dense. Krystal was never more than polite to him and did she have a hidden stepmom vibe I didn't see? These crazy kids - behaving like adolescents, IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:45 am

Chgohighlife, I think when you are very attracted to someone, seeing things with 100% clarity may just not always happen because it's hard for hope to die. I think both Annaliese and Kenny did reasonably well with catching on within a short time frame and coping. My standard is anything "faster than Tia" will work! yes

It was great fun to see how everyone on the beach instantly saw that Jordan had lost his mind over Jenna.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:49 am

Amethyst wrote:Chgohighlife, I think when you are very attracted to someone, seeing things with 100% clarity may just not always happen because it's hard for hope to die. I think both Annaliese and Kenny did reasonably well with catching on within a short time frame and coping. My standard is anything "faster than Tia" will work!  yes

It was great fun to see how everyone on the beach instantly saw that Jordan had lost his mind over Jenna.

@Amethyst
You are right. I think I will adopt your standard of "faster than Tia" and then I won't feel so annoyed.
I love Jordan's love for Jenna. It's just fabulous to see especially when he's jealous. giggling

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:21 pm

mindless wrote:Jubilee is so gorgeous! She and John seemed like a good match, wonder what happened there?

Jenna is playing Jordan like a fiddle.

Chris proves to be the douchiest douchebag, as expected.

Caroline is so awkward. Weird.

Jubilee has some good qualities that I think pair well with John -- her intelligence along with her accomplishments. But at the same time she is a very serious (and sometimes intense) person, and I think John might pair better with someone who is a little more fun/playful, who would bring out his fun side.

By reports, he ends up the season with Olivia Goethals. They're not engaged, but have been seen together in Chicago. I remember being interested in her during Arie's season, but she was let go rather quickly. I think she might be a good match for John.

As for Caroline, I'm not sure what is going on with her. She is another cast member whom I once had high hopes for, but those hopes have fizzled over time. It could be that her personality doesn't come across so well on TV, or that she might shine better given a man who is a good match for her.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm

@Amethyst Liked your summary of last night's episode. Annaliese comes off as desperate to me which is never a pretty look. Joe summarized her as "emotional". Certainly living up to that.

Regarding passions, I think John has several and to be really satisfied with a woman, needs someone who feels as passionately about her interests as he does about his. I was surprised at how much 'game' he had last night.

Jordan and Jenna are cute together. Jordan is pure entertainment gold. I think he's met his match! Plus Jenna owns at least 2 businesses (one SM Consulting and the other a membership type club for upscale experiences) which totally fits with Jordan, too. He'd be an asset to her! (LOL)

Kendall and Joe are my favs. Could we just watch an episode of them please?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:36 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@Amethyst Liked your summary of last night's episode. Annaliese comes off as desperate to me which is never a pretty look. Joe summarized her as "emotional". Certainly living up to that.

Regarding passions, I think John has several and to be really satisfied with a woman, needs someone who feels as passionately about her interests as he does about his. I was surprised at how much 'game' he had last night.

Jordan and Jenna are cute together. Jordan is pure entertainment gold. I think he's met his match! Plus Jenna owns at least 2 businesses (one SM Consulting and the other a membership type club for upscale experiences) which totally fits with Jordan, too. He'd be an asset to her! (LOL)

Kendall and Joe are my favs. Could we just watch an episode of them please?
@Norcalgal
Love your post. Annaliese is 33 and desperate, yes.   Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 2622943811

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:52 pm

I'm enjoying BIP and figured out (for me at least) why 'we' enjoy it more than Bach/Bachette. And forgive me for the sports analogy since I hate it when my husband resorts to them.

Bach and Bachette is like watching baseball. Slow, methodical, small nuances.
BIP is like watching a basketball game. Fast-paced, the lead always changing, people coming and going. It's just more interesting and if you don't pay attention, you will get lost.

As for this week's episodes, I agree with most of you and will add my own thoughts:

Jordan/Annaliese - I can't agree with Amethyst on this one. Yes, Jordan was blatantly honest with Annaliese so she would know where she stood. But he could have finessed it a bit less brutally. It was like a sppech that gave her no time to comment, ask questions, whatever. It was very self-centered. Of course, that's Jordan (whom I do find entertaining). But I just don't think it was kind.

Caroline - her edit could not have been worse! They made her out to be an airhead. I give her credit for taking John on the date but it was too forced. Knowing that she's apparently close friends with Becca, her performance last night gave me some new insights on Becca.

Becca/Colton - did anyone else think that she wasn't as comforting and empathetic towards Colton as she could have been? I know she's happy with Garrett but clearly Colton was upset. I thought she could have been less analytical with him. Thought he handled it well.

Chris R. - simply cannot stand him. Never did and still don't

David - I thought he got a bad edit on Becca's season but clearly he gave them good material. Showing his age.

Bibiana - doesn't look like she's trying that hard to find a romantic connection. Maybe she had hoped for a particular alum that hasn't shown up yet. Seems like everyone's mother or sister. I really like her and her personality so I'll be sorry to see her go but it seems inevitable.

Angela - a gorgeous girl who reminds me of Caila

I am trying to stay somewhat unspoiled and am finding it better that way.

And one final thing, I did notice that they spliced in a scene from the day Jenna and Jordan had their date (she's in that bikini with the black box) when they were showing scenes from the following day....may have to go back and see why they did that.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:25 pm

I enjoyed last night's episode much more than Monday's.  While Jordan can use an infusion of kindness and "polish" in his break ups, he's still comedic gold.  
I loved how Kevin nicely explained that he wanted to explore things with Astrid.  Kenny is a catch and I hope he finds his love soon.  It is wonderful to see John come into his own and he's not being an azz about all the attention.
I am curious about who Bibi is waiting for.  I feel for Annalise but she "is" acting desperate.  Tia is just Tia for whatever that means laugh out loud.
I was frankly disgusted at the Chris/Jordan discussion of women as various meals.  I still do not get the Chris appeal.  He behaves badly and wonders why women get turned off to him.

ETA: I don't know if any of you follow Diggy's live tweeting of the episodes, but he is hysterical.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:47 pm

Am I the only one that didn’t think Jordan was serious when talking to Chris about the women being part of a dinner service?!?  When he found out that Chris had been kissing Krystal the night before ... his face showed shock and disdain IMO .... then he he went for his extreme rambling, like he often does ... in no way did I think he was encouraging Chris to treat the girls callously ....

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Having followed Caroline on IG since Arie's season, I don't think the edit of her being an "airhead" was off at all. I really think that is the real her. She posts very rarely about her career as a realtor. Everything is shilling or her modeling stuff hoping to get noticed. She even went to an open call for a spot in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues. Had to go to the open call because she was to late on her actual submission. Girl couldn't even meet the deadline!

And, because of following her IG, where she posts IG stories on a daily basis, I'm guessing she does not get a rose at the next ceremony.

David is just there to mess with Jordan. Although I did read something where he said he really liked Chelsea and hoped that it might lead to more. He was just a little bitter about it which I can understand if the spoiler I saw post-show is true. Looking forward to seeing it play out.

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Annaliese-Jordan-Jenna like triangle
I liked this storyline. IMO the castmates understood that Annaliese lacked the ability to see what they did so several took it upon themselves to ease her into the reality of Jordan being much more attracted to someone else with the objective of preparing her for the inevitable announcement. As friends, they laid the groundwork for Annaliese to at least begin to consider that she had been replaced. I felt all of them did it in a way that normalized the situation and liked that a few also talked positive about her future of finding someone. It showed concerted effort to reduce her stress level and dilute denial before Jordan and Jenna reappeared.
Because so many saw need to prepare her I think Jordan was correct in not being subtle. Annaliese appears to not pick up on nuances so needed a clear breakup talk so she could change the narrative in her mind.
I also thought Annaliese and Jenna were equally respectful of each other when they talked. Very good example of women putting their best foot forward.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 73 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 46 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+62
whit90
Idlemess
RealityEscape
SafronSahara
Ayana