SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 43 of 73 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 58 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Pirouette Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:51 am

notarose wrote:Kendall has phenomenal conflict resolution skills.

She does have skills, and she was already impressive during her 2-1 date with Krystal during Arie’s season.

What I am still trying to figure out is how in the world she could be attracted to a guy like Leo in the first place.
Pirouette
Pirouette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ReneeM Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:00 pm

I finally caught up on BIP last night, I'd checked out after the first episode but I'm back! My thoughts:

The Colton/Tia storyline was extremely draining, making it all about them for most of paradise so far was a bad idea by TPTB imo. I don't think Colton's the bad guy in this situation, he's just not that interested. I don't think Tia's the bad guy either. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but she's just pathetic. It's so ugly and hard to watch. I do think she genuinely really has feelings for Colton, but you can't force someone to like you back in the same way you like them and I think that's what she's doing. Take a hint and have some self respect girl.

Jordan and Jenna are not it. I think Jordan's been really genuine with her and committed and she's been really wishy washy. I think she likes how much Jordan likes her but she doesn't care about him or his feelings at all and I kinda really dislike her. Jordan doesn't know how to deal with his emotions in a healthy way which should be a concern to anyone he dates, just because I think they would have to have patience while he learns and develops those skills, but I don't think he's abusive or manipulative in any way. I loved his reaction when Annaliese & Eric spoke to him after his blowup and I found his apology very sincere (side note: I thought Jordan overreacted and should've apologized but I hate that Chelsea made it into this woman thing when it wasn't). He's a work in progress but he's got a lot of qualities that I really like in a person.

David sucks and because Jordan's traditionally attractive and confident, I think the show and the general public has let David get away with basically bullying Jordan. He's a sad excuse for a man.

Annaliese comes off really desperate and it's just hard to watch tbh.

Chris & Krystal are a hot azz mess both individually and together. No chance in hell they're lasting. Chris is.... awful. Even worse than advertised.

My thoughts on Kendall are not PC and really goes against how progressive and feminist I try to be. I'll just say I'm not a fan and leave it at that.

Joe's a good guy and I like him but he's too reserved for TV.

Leo's garbage in human form. Excuse the crudeness but his mom should've swallowed. I hate him. A lot.

Against my better judgement, I've completely fallen in love with Kevin & Astrid. Two people I've always liked as individuals and they seem to be a really good couple. Kevin is really so great. He's not perfect but imo he's one of the best guys in the franchise, I think he's a genuinely really good person and I'm always rooting for him. I love that Astrid said he's lucky to be with her and she's lucky to be with him. I think when you're with someone and it's real, both parties should feel that way. Like they're lucky and so is the other person.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Lievta Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:09 pm

What I am still trying to figure out is how in the world she could be attracted to a guy like Leo in the first place.[/quote]

:yes: :claphands

For a moment each seemed unreal to the other — then the slow warm hum of love began.
Lievta
Lievta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:18 pm

I think Leo can be a real charmer when he wants to be. And, apparently, he and Kendall were talking before BIP which is why she was so excited about seeing him come in.

Think about it... there was not a whole lot of bad being said about Leo during the filming of Becca's season and even during the airing of the season. At least until he was eliminated. That is when all the crap hit the fan but not from his fellow castmates. And, now we are seeing the other side of Leo.

I just don't see Kendall with Joe at all. John... possibly but again, I doubt it would last.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:21 pm

For all the hair Leo has on his head, his underarms are certainly bare. Just an oberservation . Never saw a guy with a hairless armpit before. That is all

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:41 pm

BIP notes

What a train wreck... where do we start? Jenna seems more like an airhead every episode, so sad. She is finding herself flirting hard with Benoit, who is happy to see his charms working on her. Of course Jordan is not liking the wish- washy ways she tries to keep him and yet go full out with Benoit. What is this foreboding for their relationship afterwards? Not a good chance for long term commitment for sure.

Then there’s Chris and Krystal. Another pair that deserves each other... so Krystal has been wanting to meet Connor and when he finally shows up, she can’t contain her excitement. While her resolve to tell him that she was ‘ kinda’ with Chris, was honest and honorable, her body language and signals were still loud and clear to Connor who comes back to get her. Of course right after Krystal has calmed down her man’s insecurities. That date was looking to me like they were both enjoying their time, and bodies, and Krystal threw her good thoughts of hers and Chris’s relationship in the waterfall she was in by doing so. Surprised I didn’t see Chris be MORE jealous and angry then he showed.
What do you know, Kenny actually has a good sense of priority and decided to go back to his daughter, leaving Annaliese sad and once again desperate to find ‘ the one’ . Fear not, here comes Kamil who will repair her broken heart in one look...and an ‘ unreal’ ‘ amazing ‘ date...this girl may have a lot to give but she should start with some therapy and personal work. How long is this one gonna last ?

Leo, Leo, do I even want to say it. YUK. the more he opens his mouth and interact with people, he shows what an @@@$$$hole he really is. Such disrespect, manipulation and immaturity all. Rolled in to that mane of wild hair. WOW!
I thought Kendall stood up brilliantly to him and his manipulative tactics. Epic fail for him, he feels cornered now and of course that lead to some violence...I look forward to see Joe putting a stop to his nonsense abusive behavior to Kendall. I also really respected Kevin’s manning up to talk to him and keeping his cool despite Leo obviously trying to play the Bro rat card, that Kevin didn’t bite into. I love what he said about Canadians... hahaha. You’re a good specimen Kevin.
Speaking of Kevin, I am glad he got to explain more his insecurities with Astrid and where this fear comes from. I did watch his season, ( up until 3 episodes before the end) and know he was really heartbroken with Jasmine. He is upfront about his past influencing his emotions and Astrid may well be his partner if they keep low key dating and being truthful to each other.
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayana Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:44 pm

havadrpepper wrote:Think about it... there was not a whole lot of bad being said about Leo during the filming of Becca's season and even during the airing of the season.

Actually, it was in May, when the first episode of the Bachelorette aired, that stuff first came about about Leo sexually harassing women but maybe Kendall wasn't lurking Reddit back then so she didn't know.
Ayana
Ayana

Female Posts : 1009

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:48 pm

BTW it makes me want to revisit the MTA episode in light of all this stuff going down on BIP, it makes more sense now to see Jordan react the way he did and him High-fiving Joe., and his one liner to Connor and Kamil.. I can’t remember how he was with Leo... scratch
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:04 pm

Ayana wrote:
havadrpepper wrote:Think about it... there was not a whole lot of bad being said about Leo during the filming of Becca's season and even during the airing of the season.

Actually, it was in May, when the first episode of the Bachelorette aired, that stuff first came about about Leo sexually harassing women but maybe Kendall wasn't lurking Reddit back then so she didn't know.
Given the sheer # of recent contestants that have been lurking there recently I find it really hard to believe that she didn't know. The more likely case is that like Amanda with Josh, like Becca with Garrett, a lot of people are generally willing to overlook how romantic interests treat others until it's them. Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:14 pm

Agreed...@ReneeM good to read you again! handwave
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:20 pm

I was looking forward to the sheer lighthearted absurdity of BIP, but my dislike of the characters overcame any viewing pleasure, so I turned it off early last night and deleted the series from my dvr. Just.too.much.dumb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:34 pm

Stone_Hedge wrote:A case study of a manipulator Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 43 2622943811 Love how Leo tries to run circles around Kendall and she has the ability to lasso him in . He’s a wise azz and not a wise person.

Thanks for posting this clip, Stone_Hedge! I fell asleep in the second hour (no reflection on the episode, which I thought was interesting -- I was just very tired,) so I missed this part. I think Kendall handled Leo really well. She was calm, cool, rational, and well-spoken. Leo in turn was angry and defensive. It seemed to me that he was gasllighting her (trying to get her to distrust her own observations and feelings.) Regardless of anything else we know about him, he did not come off in an attractive manner in this clip. If a guy was behaving like that to me, I would run hard in the other direction. I *love* how Joe came to rescue her. He had heard enough.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 73 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 58 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+62
whit90
Idlemess
RealityEscape
SafronSahara
Ayana