SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 4 Empty Re: DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*

Post by albean99 Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:55 pm

I stopped watching other than the odd dance when Nicole Scherzinger won. She pretty much was a professional dancer/choreographer and I hear that she even choreographed some of their routines. It made me mad that the judges raved about her over others without this type of experience. They just went on as if it wasn't a huge leg up for her. That and Derek, the golden child, did me in for watching. It felt like he got away with things that others didn't.

I hope Joe improves and sticks around for a while and I think he will. The judges' comments will make his fans mad and want to vote even more. DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 4 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 4 Empty Re: DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:12 pm

I forgot about Nicole. She was the worst and I heard the one about her trying run the show with her routines. Think of the years of dance technique and interpretation . They make a living as a dancer. Now their pitted against everyday Joe’s . So unfair and such a turnoff . I’d rather watch TB over DWTS cheeky

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:52 pm

You all summarized my thoughts on DWTS. Stopped watching as well. Hope Joe keeps his smile and good attitude. I’ll vote him in every week...It seems like across the board the programming of “ reality “ TV is more and more fake and rigged, on ABC as I see it with The Bach series and also DWTS. IMO
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:51 pm

ya Luvstruck wrote:Loved this tweet I found!!!
https://twitter.com/AnnieBarrett

As Jenna said Joe is one of few on the show this season with no performance or dancing background. To have the Quick Step which is complicated footwork and speed as your first dance is incredibly hard for anyone. It is disheartening to hear such Harsh comments from Len who judges all against strict professional standards. Totally unfair situation IMO, for Judges to compare someone like Mary Lou with years of dance/ gymnastics/performance experience to someone who has none! John Schneider was in a Christmas movie "Come Dance At My Wedding" where he was owner of a dance studio where he taught ballroom dancing so don't let him fool you, he has previous ballroom training. Alexis Ren is a classically trained ballerina. Danielle who is blind and Joe were the only regular non-performing celebs and both did great considering their starting point of no dance experience. I can certainly appreciate being nervous and overwhelmed on your first performance in front of a live audience. For goodness sakes, Joe lasted 1 night on Bachelorette because he was so nervous and putting yourself in such a stressful environment where everyone is expecting so much from you on live TV in front of a studio audience and judges is reason enough to be nervous the first dance of the season. I would much rather watch the growth of someone with no dance experience learn and perform dances than someone with an unfair advantage who has had dance training.  I am really glad bachelor nation voted in force for Joe. I suspect the reason DWTS had him dance next to last on premier is because he had such a fan following to keep Bachelor Nation watching to the end!!! So I hope Joe is not doubting himself, I am proud of him for putting himself out there, and hope he has the fire to prove judges comments wrong in the coming weeks.  Can't wait to see his next dance.
Although I hate ringers like the rest of you ... John Schneider isn’t one laugh out loud    Although he was in that movie ( you obviously didn’t see it, maybe looked it up on IMDB?) I’ve seen the movie a few times ... and he’s not a dancer by any means.  He does a basic partial line dance in one scene and then I think he dances maybe a min of a father and daughter dance at the wedding and it is no different than what an actual dad would do at a wedding. It’s his daughter and her mother that were dancers ... he was a carpenter I think in the movie.  Either way ... John is probably in same category as Joe .. Except less nervous in front of a camera IMHO

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:32 am

@albean99 ugh I'm still annoyed Nicole was on the show! Nobody had a chance! Erin and Maks were annoyed and always said in interviews how it was unfair she was on the show and knew she would win, that they had no chance. no

Joe did a good job even though he wasn't the best. So far there isn't a clear winner like in previous seasons. There are a few I predict might be in T4 but that could change.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 4 8367-910 DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 4 I_got_13 DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 4 E5kqdm15 DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 4 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11971

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:07 pm

One season that bugged me was when the race car driver, Hinchcliffe, had zero dance experience and recovering from accident where they didn’t think he’d even walk again let alone dance ... he was amazing ... almost as good as pros .... and he didn’t win!  He was what this show should be about IMO.  Big friggin deal if a gymnast or stars with real dance experience can dance ... I wanna see a true amateur become a dancer in front of our eyes.  :yes:

northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:53 pm

Hinch's season was the first season that Canada could not vote. He was Canadian. There were lots of complaints about that at the time. People from Canada that had voted every season were ticked off big time.

I threw every vote I could for Hinch because I loved watching him dance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:02 pm

I agree with you both on Hinch's season. He was wonderful--fun to watch, learned quickly and basically became very good. He should have won and I'm sorry my votes for him didn't make enough of a difference.

The only "professional" I ever voted for was Meryl Davis. I go to the US Nationals every year and LOVED watching her skate with Charlie. Have bumped into her at the venues and hotels and she was always smiling and charming.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:10 pm

Re Hinch's season voting rules. Just another reason I was so ticked at DWTS. Of course the following season they let Canadians vote again.

@Doats how cool running into Meryl Davis!

This season I'm interested in Joe's performances simply because he has zero dance experience, including as per Joe himself, he never dances period. I'd like to see how much, hopefully, he improves. The judges, I'm sure will continually be hard on him.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:24 pm

I’m Canadian but that’s not the reason I loved him... it was personality and how good he was.   I smiled very time he danced. Smiley  

Joe gives me those same fuzzy feelings.  He’s so sweet and shy ... and is trying so hard to fit into his new found “fame”.  I hope he lasts a few weeks anyway blowkiss

northernviewer
northernviewer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:30 pm

I'm a longtime DWTS fan. I've seen all seasons except 2 and 3. I spent the better part of an afternoon visiting and talking with Julianne Hough when she was still a performing pro on the show. You can see me in background footage for a celeb on one of the shows. My comments were filmed by a DWTS cameraman, but were "left on the cutting room floor." laugh out loud They used my friend's comments instead. I used to be in the gossip loop for the show, but no more.

So I understand that Len got quite salty about Joe being safe this week. This would be my response to him --

"Len, I've been watching this show for the majority of its run. I've seen tons of celebs who were struggling but nonetheless voted through by their fan bases. Longtime fans have seen that happen season after season. You know what? It's Bachelor Nation's turn. You should be GLAD that BN is tuning in. It's no secret that the show has been chasing after younger viewers for years. Or that like many shows, viewership has dropped sharply this fall. If BN is bringing in some new viewers, then guess what? You may still have a job. You may still have a show. If Joe is still there at mid-season, and still struggling, then feel free to make some salty comments. Until then, do as your longtime fans have done - deal with it."
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:50 pm

@Amethyst clapping! Well said! I'll add, there have been plenty of contestants with two left feet who were praised, so there's that too.

Sorry you got affected by the cutting room floor! I laughed when I read that. DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*  - Page 4 3806527698

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 27 - Episodes - Discussions - *SPOILERS*

+24
cookielover12
George1218
Zaynab
casjacknick
RealityEscape