SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 25 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:26 pm

Sprite wrote:Is Angie known to have a quirkier taste in guys?

These two are most definitely not my types going on looks alone, but I always like to see them in action because that is the key for me. I am won over by brains and humour.

Based on the fact that there seems to be something funky going on with the season and these guys, I am not exactly enthused to watch.

@Sprite you raise a very interesting point.  We don't know anything about her exes (she's had boyfriends - even though she says she's never been in love) but based on what she's said in interviews and how she has come across on Gogglebox and IACGMOOH, yes she absolutely likes the quirky guys.  

That was probably part of the appeal of casting Angie - the guys they would usually cast for chat/entertainment value are also the kind of guys the Lead wanted to date - perfect!  The trouble might be that the audience has different taste to Angie, and their favourites will not line up with hers IMO.

I've been thinking more about Carlin and a possible post-show switch/dump situation.  If you Google "Carlin Sterritt" you get a barrage of acting credits, modelling photos, waffly videos etc.  Imagine if she did pick him as F1 and then the first time she Googled his name, all that came up?  affraid

Unless he mentioned being an actor on the show, she may have felt played.  I can't see him being her type but maybe he was able to mould himself into what she's looking for (he'd have gotten early intel from having the first date...). I could see that leading to an immediate post-show dump.  

But getting the first date would ordinarily rule him out as F1 IMO.  Unless something went awry and her original F1 pulled out, or she changed her mind about him at the 11th hour and was left with Carlin.  He definitely fits the Sportsbet profile, but I just can't see her voluntarily picking him.

If he's F1 I will definitely be suspicious that all is not as it seems.  Either way I think he'll be Top 3 because IMO he looks like a CLASSIC Bach casting - and the audience will lap him up IMO.  If he's given a soft/sweetheart edit he might get to F2 otherwise would make an ideal F3 IMO.

Can't wait to find out more about the other guys! cheerleader

ETA:  One more thought: there's no guarantee Angie chose her usual type.  Maybe friends/family got in her ear and told her NOT to, in the same way they did with Matt.  So it's possible she was coerced into "taking a chance" on someone different but then regretted it and it collapsed IRL...
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:54 pm

OK so 7 minutes later we now have this.  cantstopl

The Bachelorette's Angie Kent CONFIRMS she has picked a suitor

She signed up for The Bachelorette to 'fall in love'.

And Angie Kent has done just that, telling OK! magazine she picked a suitor in the season finale and is 'very, very happy'.

'I'm totally glad I did it. I've learnt so much about myself,' said the 29-year-old former Gogglebox star.

When asked if she proposed during the finale, Angie confirmed that didn't happen.  

'No I'm not into it [women proposing to men]. I've never planned a wedding, even though a lot of girls do when they're younger,' she said.

'I've planned my funeral, which is a bit weird,' she added, rather morbidly.

It comes after a trailer released on Thursday introduced one of Angie's 18 suitors: a long-haired Englishman named Ciarran Stott.

Ciarran, who describes himself as 'fun, flirty, flamboyant and fabulously British', left the Bachelorette blushing on the red carpet with his cheeky sense of humour.

After their first meeting, a smitten Angie said: 'He made me laugh so much. He's just funny and I love funny.'

Meet Bachelorette Angie's 'fabulously British' suitor

Another confirmed contestant is fireproofer Timm Hanly, who is a keen surfer.  

According to his official bio, he is 'unapologetically himself' and takes prides in 'his positive outlook on life'.

The Bachelorette premieres Wednesday, October 9 at 7.30pm on Channel 10

Source

YOU'RE WELCOME for their surnames, Daily Mail.  I didn't see that information in the promo; wonder where you got it from... Rolling Eyes

ETA:  18 suitors?  I know we have some doubles in the threads but we can't have THAT many, can we?  Maybe she has an A-team and a B-team like Matt did?

That might make sense actually.  I thought it was weird that Jamie was given a pup and not Ryan - maybe he comes in night 2 with a whole pack of dogs?
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:03 pm

Thanks for all the updates. I am in the minority and don’t think there is any funny business going on. Angie seems down to earth to me and from the little I have gleaned here about her, I doubt she is the type that will get easily played by TPTB and I feel she will rather walk away and not pick anyone than just roll with it; just a feeling I have, not based on anything concrete. I respect her taste in men and that it may be different than what folks are used to but ready to watch her let go and really fall for her guy, hope it’s a good season. Right now I am happy you all found the bow tie guy, something about him standing beside Angie’s brother as posted in the SC thread could be foreshadowing, maybe Sportsbet will confirm it soon one way or the other Bachelorette - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 2498057887

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:11 pm

mercieme wrote:Thanks for all the updates. I am in the minority and don’t think there is any funny business going on. Angie seems down to earth to me and from the little I have gleaned here about her, I doubt she is the type that will get easily played by TPTB and I feel she will rather walk away and not pick anyone than just roll with it; just a feeling I have, not based on anything concrete. I respect her taste in men and that it may be different than what folks are used to but ready to watch her let go and really fall for her guy, hope it’s a good season. Right now I am happy you all found the bow tie guy, something about him standing beside Angie’s brother as posted in the SC thread could be foreshadowing, maybe Sportsbet will confirm it soon one way or the other Bachelorette - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 2498057887

I mean, there's kind of already funny business in that there was a delay in premiering the season and the swap in Sportsbet hair colour odds. Neither is normal.

What that means, is all just speculation. Could mean very boring things. It's just fun to put on a tinfoil hat and come up with theories. Only time will tell/show if anything weird has happened, e.g. reshoots.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:14 pm

@mercieme I am also hoping for a good season and very much looking forward to Angie's quirky bunch.  :yes:

I'm glad they've released something confirming she picked someone (though I never doubted she would - TPTB will not allow another Honey Badger situation IMO).

However!  Just to play devil's advocate (again laugh out loud) she only says she picked someone, learned a lot about herself, and is very happy.  She doesn't actually say she's in love.  

Nowhere have I read a single article saying she's in love or still with F1.  And as I said before, if she was in love for the first time, that would be the lead story for the season IMO.

So I'm still suss on whether she's with F1 post-show.  Nick said almost identical things about being "bloody happy" and having "learned a lot" about what love means to him...  

Secretly hoping to be wrong though because I'd love to see Angie fall head over heels with some weirdo.  Bachelorette - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 3806527698
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:20 pm

Agree @Bobette ... Matt made it very clear from the very start of promo that he picked someone AND was unequivocally in love. He didn't "learn a lot" - he just found his person. End of story.

I reckon tptb will never let anyone not pick someone ever again. It makes the whole franchise into a joke. I'm still not getting good vibes from any of this as far as relationships go. I totally see Angie as the kind of person who doesn't ever really want to commit to one person forever - and that's totally fine! But not conducive to a Matt-and-Chelsie style season.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflylove Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:52 am

I wonder if they'll be releasing two more guys tonight? I hope so! I need more than just Ciarran and Timm, who both seem to be taking a battering on their looks across all the platforms.
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:18 am

Is it very bad @butterflylove? I haven't dared look.   Bachelorette - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 1f62c  IMO it's great to see some different looking guys and I find them both kinda hot!  I am SO BORED of personal trainers with fresh fades and designer stubble.

And what are people basing their opinions on - ONE photo?!  At least have the decency to stalk someone on social media or let them make a douche of themselves on the show before you decide to trash talk them IMO.  laugh out loud  

They usually only tweet 3, 4 bios max, and with the full cast list (presumably?) coming out early next week they might only give us two more guys today/tomorrow then some other kind of preview over the weekend.

I wonder if we'll get a full season preview like Matt?   That would be good actually - give us something fresh to work with before ep 1. Though I wonder how much of the preview content will ACTUALLY be on the show...

ETA:  Daily Mail are already spoiling that Cairran doesn't win and outing the fact that he dated Renee.  Full article here.

ETAA:  The full OK article is now online.  The title claims she's "met the one" but she doesn't actually say those words.

The Bachelorette's Angie Kent reveals: ‘I’ve met the one!’

The reality star reveals her hunt for love on screen was a success!

When OK! sits down with the brand-new Bachelorette Angie Kent, her big glowing grin gives the game away before the Gogglebox star even lets slip that she's met her match!

"I'm totally glad I did it. I've learnt so much about myself," says the 29-year-old, before delving into the rest of the details about her big dating adventure.

Why do you think you've been single for eight years?

I've had some really good relationships, but I've seen some really bad relationships. So, I thought, I don't want that for myself, I'm gonna go out and be the best Angie that I can be so I can attract the best person for me. I just wanted to study, travel and do everything I wanted to do.

Did you ask any of the other previous Bachelorettes for any tips after you landed the gig?

I did. Georgia Love gave me her number and we had a two-hour talk. She was very honest and had the best advice. She said to me, 'Just think outside of the Bachie bubble, who's gonna be there when Angie's just Angie and not the Bachelorette anymore?' and I thought of that a lot.

What qualities do you look for in a man?

Open-minded, patient, passionate. I don't want anyone that's a bigot. I don't want to be someone's wife and have to give up my hopes and dreams [for them]. That one's big for me.

What about physically?

I'm really attracted to someone's smile and their spirit. I'm not really big on like tall, dark and handsome or blonde and blue eyes. I want someone who's a weirdo, too. Life's gotta be exciting!

Would you consider proposing to the guy at the end of this experience?

No, I'm not into it. I've never planned a wedding, even though a lot of girls do when they're younger. I've planned my funeral, which is a bit weird [laughs]. I have the songs and everything. But if it's something my partner really wanted to do I'd consider it.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:27 am

I wish I could put a bet on Sportsbet for “picks someone, but not together now” because from reading the recent media, if there is any outcome other than that I’ll be very surprised.

This feels like Sophie 2.0 with a side of Badger to me. A media savvy, camera aware Bette, who doesn’t seem too keen for a relationship, and has a book to promote, and a cast of guys that does not feature the next Bach in it. How quickly we’ve fallen from Georgia’s amazing Bette season, awesome guys, and real emotions all round. I don’t even know how I see these guys meshing with the potential BIP girls from Matt’s season.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it’s not a complete dumpster fire laugh out loud but that’s all I can hope for at this point
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Dirty Street Pie wrote:I wish I could put a bet on Sportsbet for “picks someone, but not together now” because from reading the recent media, if there is any outcome other than that I’ll be very surprised.

Put me down for the max bet on this too @Dirty Street Pie hi

If Angie was still with F1 and in love we'd have quotes like "I'm in love for the first time and it's amazing!" or "I now understand what everyone else is on about!".  Instead we have quotes like "I learned a lot about myself"....  Suspect And headlines like this:

Bachelorette - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 25 RZylbdW

Source

Not saying Ciarran is F1 obviously but it's still setting up the atmosphere of "trouble ahead" and may also provide a Get Out of Jail Free card if they make it look like Ciarran "broke her heart" and no one else stacked up (just like they did with Brooke IMO).
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:15 pm

No time to read all the pages, but a few questions:

When does it start airing?
Is Angie a celebrity?
Who’s the front runner(s)?
Does Sport bet give us a winner yet?

Thanks so much!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:54 pm

sdmom wrote:No time to read all the pages, but a few questions:

When does it start airing?
Is Angie a celebrity?
Who’s the front runner(s)?
Does Sport bet give us a winner yet?

Thanks so much!

Next Wednesday
Quasi-celebrity; she's been on reality TV before (Gogglebox and I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here - based on her Gogglebox "fame")
Nobody yet, I don't think. Others may have a different opinion
Not yet
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 52 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+39
dolcimumma
mbl
Norcalgal
Vjeff
Just Looking
Kas_256
xostargirlxo
Myachardydayz
ReneeM
Finch
Kindnesscounts