SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:57 pm

@Vjeff When it gets to this stage all "interviews" sound like scripted character bios to me - I doubt the guys actually said any of that.  It's just to remind us of their themes IMO - i.e.

Ryan = mature, serious (note the Scotch in his hand laugh out loud) wants the same things as Angie (dogs and kids), solid Aussie bloke (would call his kid Barry?!)

Timm = close family, class clown (i.e. fun/quirky, exactly what Angie wanted) open shirt/undressing (physical connection) ripe and ready for heartbreak

Carlin = losing connection, doubts over "right reasons", shy/bullied/well behaved as a child.  Oh yeah and he's the only one holding a rose.  laugh out loud

Meanwhile, what do we make of this article.  Seems to be implying them might bring Ryan back in place of Osher?  Family only usually gets involved at the F1/2 stage, don't they?

The Bachelorette SPOILER: Angie Kent's 'undercover brother' Brad drops a bombshell about Timm Hanly in the finale - sabotaging his chances of winning the show

Timm Hanly has been one of the front-runners to win Angie Kent's heart on The Bachelorette.

But Angie's brother, Brad, who was featured in the first episode as an 'undercover' suitor, will apparently sabotage Timm's chances of winning in the finale.

According to New Idea, Brad will tell his sister during Wednesday's episode that he doesn't approve of the 27-year-old fireproofer.

Furthermore, what Brad tells Angie about Timm will force her to reconsider her decision going into the final rose ceremony

'It came as a shock but family comes first for Angie, so she ends up taking [Brad's] advice,' a source claimed.

The insider added that Brad's disapproval of Timm stems from the first episode of the season, when he supposedly witnessed the long-haired contestant 'saying inappropriate things about Angie' at the cocktail party.

'Even though Timm was just being Timm and joking around, they probably weren't the type of things you would want to say in front of your girlfriend's brother,' said the source.

Brad was apparently furious over the comments at the time, but his reaction wasn't aired because producers wanted to portray Timm as one of the 'good guys'.

Interestingly, Timm had expressed concerns over what he may have said around Brad early in the season, telling the other suitors: 'I don't think I said anything too bad...'

Brad was apparently blindsided when he saw Timm again because he 'didn't expect' him to make it all the way to the final three.

'He didn't expect Timm to make it until the end. So, when they come face to face for the first time, it's super awkward,' added the insider.  

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

2 - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 78 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Azzurra Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:06 pm

@Bobette great analysis of the interviews!

What do you make of this article? I don't remember what Timmy's reaction was after revealing Angie's brother identity in the 1st episode.. Anybody ?

Azzurra

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:18 pm

@Azzurra All I remember is him saying said he didn't think he'd said anything too bad.  They only really aired him saying that putting one woman in a house of 20 men was like putting a steak in a lion's den.  laugh out loud

And oh look, here come the first of the inevitable split rumours, with New Idea echoing exactly what I've been saying from the minute Carlin was revealed by Sportsbet to be F1, that he was NOT her first choice.

Angie Kent dumps Bachelorette winner

So, The Bachelorette’s resident joker Timm Hanly seems to be the perfect guy for her.

The 27-year-old fireproofer from Melbourne, along with fitness trainer Carlin Sterritt, are the two men left competing for Angie’s heart.

And while Carlin has been tipped to win the final rose, a source reveals exclusively to New Idea that he wasn’t Angie’s first pick.

“Brad told angie he wouldn’t approve if she picked timm ...family comes first for Angie”

From the very beginning, we saw sweetheart Timm sweep the former Gogglebox star off her feet on the red carpet with a bunch of sunflowers, which Angie later revealed was a ‘sign’ from her late grandmother.

Since then, their connection has continued to blossom on screen.

Timm can make anyone laugh whenever he wants and that’s what Angie is looking for,” a source explains.

All the boys would agree that Timm had the strongest connection with Angie and on a chemistry level, he had it in the bag.”

Will Carlin win Angie's heart?

However, while the lovable larrikin might have been Angie’s favourite to take home her final rose, a huge bombshell from her brother Brad during hometown visits forces the Bachelorette to reconsider her decision.

“Brad told Angie he wouldn’t approve if she picked Timm,” a source claims.

“It came as a shock but family comes first for Angie, so she ends up taking his advice. She trusts her brother knows what’s best for her.”

According to the source, Brad’s dislike for Timm stems from the first episode, when he entered the house as the ‘undercover brother’ to spy on the other boys.

Carlin and Angie enjoyed a single date early on in the season.

“Timm was saying some inappropriate things about Angie during the first cocktail party,” one contestant reveals.

“Even though Timm was just being Timm and joking around, they probably weren’t the type of things you would want to say in front of your girlfriend’s brother.”

When it was revealed that Brad wasn’t a contestant and was, in fact, Angie’s older sibling, Timm began ‘freaking out’ and was certain he would be sent home that night.

Angie because the Bachelorette in the hopes of finding "the one".

“He knew he had talked badly about Angie and everyone from the start,” the contestant explains. “He was stressing and telling the boys, ‘I’m done here, lads’.”

However, despite Brad not being impressed with Timm’s foul mouth, the producers apparently didn’t want to lose one of their biggest personalities so early in the show.

His comments were swept under the rug and concealed from Angie … but the truth is finally exposed behind the scenes, when Brad sees Angie during the hometown visits.

“They told Brad he had to ignore it for now and that they would give him a chance to spill the beans to Angie later on and confront Timm if he made it to home visits,” a source explains.

“So, when they come face-to-face for the first time, it’s super awkward. He didn’t expect Timm to make it until the end.”

The shocking news from Brad is said to have left Angie so devastated, she starts to question whether Timm is really the one.

Could this be why Angie felt forced to drop her first choice on the show?

Does the bombshell from Brad see her dump the winning favourite, for Carlin?

The source says: “Everyone would say that Carlin is the perfect guy but really, Timm is the perfect guy for Angie.”

Source

This all seems like TPTBs way of preparing the audience for a post-show split, IMO.

And we also have this:

"You couldn't get three more different guys if you tried," she says, before adding with a laugh, "I told you I didn't have a type."

Going into the final week, Angie reveals she still didn't know who held her heart.

"To honest, I was completely and utterly torn – Natalie Imbruglia-style. I wanted to moosh them all together and have them as one person."

Source

CALLED IT.  2 - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 78 3806527698

Bobette wrote:...snipped 
The FRC needs to have a contrast so the Lead can say "they're both so different, I love things about each of them, yak yak yak". 
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Timm's the 'perfect guy', except what he said left Angie 'devastated'.

It's either so bad he's not the perfect guy, or it wasn't that bad and Angie overreacted.

Either way I personally think Angie's perfect choice is none of them. It's a shame the Honey Badger already pulled a Honey Badger, because this is the season where it would make sense. Now that can never happen again.

(Can Channel Ten learn a damn lesson and never get a celebrity, quasicelebrity or pseudocelebrity as lead ever again???)

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1342

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:50 pm

https://www.newidea.com.au/angie-kent-dumps-bachelorette-winner

New Idea report there are 2 men left. Carlin and Timm ??? And the title about Angie dumping the winner is mentioned in the article as a possibility. I think someone got their wires crossed big time 😳

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:57 pm

@Bobette that's why I never liked that Angie had her brother on, then her parents, then Evie. It made it so she was going to go with what they want and doesn't strike me as an independent woman. I remember Georgia saying she was sooo glad that she had no one telling her anything about the guys, didn't have her mates or family there earlier on or any SM or anything. That it would have messed with her if she had been told anything so she is so thankful that it was solely her journey and no outside influence and she went with her gut and heart. Now they're engaged and her family adores him! I remember the first episode Brad tells Angie his top 3 and Angie was like "but what about Timm"... then when she had doubts about Carlin who does she go to? Timm. I think in the real world or with no outside influence Angie would have definitely dated Timm. On this show, not a chance would she pick him imo.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:57 pm

leavers wrote:Timm's the 'perfect guy', except what he said left Angie 'devastated'.

It's either so bad he's not the perfect guy, or it wasn't that bad and Angie overreacted.

Either way I personally think Angie's perfect choice is none of them. It's a shame the Honey Badger already pulled a Honey Badger, because this is the season where it would make sense.  Now that can never happen again.

(Can Channel Ten learn a damn lesson and never get a celebrity, quasicelebrity or pseudocelebrity as lead ever again???)

I totally agree @leavers and I've seen many SM comments saying she should ditch the lot of them after the HTD episode. Personally I think Timm dodged a bullet - he wouldn't have been happy with Angie IMO

The fact that they're framing it this way - that she really liked the IMO fan favourite but felt compelled by her brother not to choose him - sounds like laying the groundwork for a "justified" post-show dumping, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:02 pm

leavers wrote:Timm's the 'perfect guy', except what he said left Angie 'devastated'.

Either way I personally think Angie's perfect choice is none of them. It's a shame the Honey Badger already pulled a Honey Badger, because this is the season where it would make sense.  Now that can never happen again.

:yes: that's exactly what I posted before that I don't think any of the men are Angie's choice and Angie would've picked none of them if she could have. Like you posted @leavers that wasn't an option after Honey Badger. I honestly haven't seen Angie fallen for any of them and her guard is still up and will stay up imo and never being in love before adds to that.

I've never liked celeb/qasi-celeb leads ever. I stated that before Honey Badger filmed his season that his would be bust and I was right. There are different levels of "celeb" but in this case Angie was a quasi-celeb and the comments to her announcement were most from those who knew her from TV already and Channel TEN. I can see them continuing with celeb leads though unfortunately. I think TEN does this by one celeb-Lead and one unknown/return-Lead so that there's a mix of leads for the year. Do I think celeb type leads want love too? Yes, but this show is not the format for them. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:05 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:I remember the first episode Brad tells Angie his top 3 and Angie was like "but what about Timm"... then when she had doubts about Carlin who does she go to? Timm. I think in the real world or with no outside influence Angie would have definitely dated Timm. On this show, not a chance would she pick him imo.

@AllAboutLove Yeah I've shouted myself hoarse saying Timm was her initial favourite IMO - the fact that she specifically asked Brad about him - and no one else - spoke volumes IMO.  Not to mention that he got the typical F1 date schedule, and in the Extras videos she's ALWAYS with Timm (the Insider Guides have literally been 90% Timm this season)

I agree having her family and Yvie so closely involved may have muddied the waters.  Kind of reminds me of Helena's HTD where it was IMO very obvious that she and her sister judge each other's potential partners very harshly, and potentially have sabotaged many relationships along the way.  I agree Angie may have been better off going this one alone.

But yes, at the end of the day, none of the guys were right for her IMO and she should have been allowed to choose no one.  If they're going to make choosing an F1 mandatory they need to choose their Leads better (i.e. someone who is genuinely willing/ready for a relationship - IMO Angie wasn't) and/or cast a LOT more potential F1s, and less MOTs.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:13 pm

@Bobette :yes: I watched that part again and I was like damn! She brought him up like, "okay, but what about who *I* am interested in"? Not negating all the other stuff but early on that was her on her own immediately saying who she was interested in and her top pick. imo. Angie's gut also trusted Timm as she said she trusts him. Interesting she talked about her gut doubting Carlin. So with her own gut, and no outsiders (brother, parents, or Evie) and no producer influence (because I think Angie is very producer influenced -- fact she kept Jamie and Ryan when she is saying she doesn't like liars? C'mon now, she is willing to do whatever for TV --not the first time, going with Gogglebox) it does make me wonder what Angie actually thinks vs what she is doing with outside influence. I feel like that is why she comes across closed off to me and walled off -- very produced and never been in love or had a relationship in over 8 years, I feel like she doesn't know herself what she wants. 

OH! Just going back to when you posted Angie's IG post about the show and her  2 - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 78 1f62c  emoji. Says a lot! jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:15 pm

My post was that New Idea gave away who the two finalists are. They're not known as 'The No Idea' for nothing. They don't know for sure if Angie dumped Carlin. All other articles say Angie is glowing and is happy with her F1. I like Carlin so if he and Angie are not together I won't mind at all. As for Angie really wanting to pick Timm, she could easily have done this so I don't believe for a minute she made a mistake in letting him go.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:19 pm

JMO but I don't think Angie saw herself longterm with ANY of the men. There's no way Angie would pick Timm if her family and brother is so adamant against it and she's not seeing it longterm anyways what's the point. So it's easier to go with someone her brother is for and who wasn't upfront to her about being an actor (nothing wrong with acting, it's that she found out from his brother). If it doesn't last it would be easiest to break up imo and followers would be fine with it. From comments I've seen on sm it's almost like so many see it inevitably not lasting anyway. 

per @Bobette's post upthread with source from Angie says it all imo. She liked parts of each but doesn't see any as it. jmo
Going into the final week, Angie reveals she still didn't know who held her heart.

"To honest, I was completely and utterly torn – Natalie Imbruglia-style. I wanted to moosh them all together and have them as one person."

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+39
dolcimumma
mbl
Norcalgal
Vjeff
Just Looking
Kas_256
xostargirlxo
Myachardydayz
ReneeM
Finch
Kindnesscounts