SELECT CONTENT

Other Reality- Non Reality - TV Shows - Announcements - International - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Other Reality- Non Reality - TV Shows - Announcements - International - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Other Reality- Non Reality - TV Shows - Announcements - International - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:16 pm

@Bobette Thanks for all the info! I'll have to watch! I watched a couple of minutes to make sure the link worked for me. I like the host already.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Other Reality- Non Reality - TV Shows - Announcements - International - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Other Reality- Non Reality - TV Shows - Announcements - International - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:14 am

Actually it goes downhill really fast so maybe don't bother laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:23 pm

oops!

Other Reality- Non Reality - TV Shows - Announcements - International - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 7 3806527698 Thanks for the heads up @Bobette.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:57 am

Anyone watched this?  I'm half way through and finding it quite engaging.  I like the fact they have same sex couples in the mix without making a big fuss about it.  

Other Reality- Non Reality - TV Shows - Announcements - International - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 7 9uHEPv3

Source

Got interested about the cast so checked out their IGs and wow has a lot happened since they finished filming.  Pleasantly surprised at who is still together/with child!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:28 am

Oh I haven't seen it but it looks maybe interesting, might give it a watch

Is Love Triangle on Stan any good? Has anyone here watched that?

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:56 am

@leavers I'm up to the second-last episode now (binged it all afternoon while working laugh out loud) and have to say, I'd rate this higher than Love Triangle.  Some of the Triangle couples are pretty toxic; I'm not really vibing with that.  

One thing to come out of Love in the Flesh - which we already knew of course - is that people are VERY different online vs in person.  Some contestants have managed to break through that superficiality with pleasing results.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:01 am

OK finished, and @leavers, I can recommend it.  

The fact that they've connected pre-show adds a unique dimension and makes the relationships a lot more believable/realistic. Many do seem genuinely invested.  At only 8 episodes it's fast-paced, with a sprinkling of ~ drama ~ but they don't drag it out.  

The cast are diverse and likeable, with some disability/facial difference and LGBTQ representation which isn't sensationalised or tokenistic.  The ending is satisfying, with a winning couple that you probably won't be able to pick at the start (well I didn't laugh out loud).  

If you do watch, let me know your thoughts yes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:13 pm

Awesome. Will definitely put it on my watch list.
Watch this space for my thoughts to come!

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:17 am

Starting tonight on ABC Australia.  Same producers as Love on the Spectrum  Other Reality- Non Reality - TV Shows - Announcements - International - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 7 1f496  yes

Source

The number of dating shows on-air is at an all-time high. Flick through the channels on your TV or your favourite streaming service, and you're bound to come across one almost immediately.

Couple that with the saturation of dating apps, and voila; we're officially at peak dating.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean all love seekers are having a wonderful time in today's cornucopia of connection.

The types of people we tend to see on the biggest reality shows are typically confident, cisgender and able-bodied. But if that's all we see, what does that tell us about who's most deserving of love?

Cue Better Date Than Never; a six-part docuseries about love and relationships that follows a diverse group of singles stepping out on their first date.

It's a show that celebrates difference, values uniqueness in many forms, and features people of various ages, abilities, and sexualities looking for that special someone.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:40 am

Oh this post reminds me of Love in the Flesh @Bobette! I never did an update. I thought the premise of the show was interesting and it was interesting to see how online 'relationships' of many years fizzled on sight. It was great how they blended a diverse cast (in terms of looks, race, sexuality etc) all in one without it being a big deal, it just was a reflection of actual reality. I wonder if they could ever do an Australian version and do it justice?

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:51 am

Awww that looks so sweet! beatingheart

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:10 am

leavers wrote:Oh this post reminds me of Love in the Flesh @Bobette! I never did an update. I thought the premise of the show was interesting and it was interesting to see how online 'relationships' of many years fizzled on sight. It was great how they blended a diverse cast (in terms of looks, race, sexuality etc) all in one without it being a big deal, it just was a reflection of actual reality. I wonder if they could ever do an Australian version and do it justice?

@leavers Yes I thought the casting was excellent! And agree it was interesting how the online attraction didn't automatically translate, unless they put genuine effort into building an IRL connection.

I'd definitely watch an Australian version but success would depend on the production/casting team finding the right group, letting things unfold, and not trying to manufacture over-the-top storylines.

@GuardianAngel if I can get links for Better Date than Never I'll post them here yes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Other Reality- Non Reality - TV Shows - Announcements - International - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+11
butterflylove
Agent99
Sprite
leavers
Jolena
AllAboutLove
mercieme
Dirty Street Pie
Bobette
handsanitiser
GuardianAngel