SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood - WTA - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colton Underwood - WTA - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - WTA - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by notarose Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:55 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
SFoster wrote:Being indecisive is one thing, but if she knew this about herself, then why go on a speed dating show, where she would have to make quick decisions?  Was this another "opportunity" she was talking about in YO?  And did she mention being on this other show to Colton?  We haven't heard it. Isn't that kind of important?  Did she mention on YO that she was going on Bachelor in a few weeks?  JMO

Like I've said before, I think Colton picks the one with the same goals as himself. And that is a goal of not being married or engaged any time soon.

IA if she's so indecisive what made her decide to go on this type of show to begin with. There is nothing wrong with being indecisive regardless of one's age, but to apply be offered and accept to be a contestant on a show where there is a very strong possibility of being proposed to, one would think there should have been a lot of thought put into this. We have heard from past contestants they applied because they thought it would be fun, travel the world, and see what happens. Maybe that was Cassie, and when she felt Colton was falling for her, she started questioning what she wanted. Or the producers were questioning her putting doubts in her head.

I know someone who is like that and when they finally make up their mind after endless conversations, then they look back and question their decision which starts a whole new endless conversation.

I think I would have rather seen a proposal and Cassie reject it asking to continue their relationship without a proposal, instead of her running off, if that's what happened.

A Bach proposal being rejected is something never seen before. Wasn’t it teased that the ending would be unique? 
Saying no but asking to date would be an ok ending.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Colton Underwood - WTA - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - WTA - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by blueblues Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:31 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:IA if she's so indecisive what made her decide to go on this type of show to begin with. There is nothing wrong with being indecisive regardless of one's age, but to apply be offered and accept to be a contestant on a show where there is a very strong possibility of being proposed to, one would think there should have been a lot of thought put into this. We have heard from past contestants they applied because they thought it would be fun, travel the world, and see what happens. Maybe that was Cassie, and when she felt Colton was falling for her, she started questioning what she wanted. Or the producers were questioning her putting doubts in her head.
To the bolded: If you add the chance of an IG following and other benefits, I think that describes a vast majority of the contestants. If “see what happens” means being open to possibly falling in love and getting engaged to the lead, that’s all you can expect from them IMO.

However, I don’t think a contestant should ever be expected to accept a proposal or be “ready for marriage” with the lead when they go on the show. How could they when they haven’t even met the guy yet? An obligation like that looks an awful lot like an arranged marriage, which is as far away as you can get from the romantic fairy tale that the show pretends to be.
In the light of that, Cassie’s supposed doubts seem very natural, and something she probably shares with a lot of F1s – only this time they have to show it since she leaves. I think this will be more real than it usually gets.

I’m generally starting to feel that the mandatory proposal at the end is the second most twisted thing about this show (with the fantasy suite of course being the “winner”). In countries where there is no proposal, everything seems more organic and honest.
All JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by jessietrey Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:02 pm

With the conflicting information being posted from the WTA I don’t know who to believe at this point and I’m just going to hold my judgement until the episode airs to see what Cassie is actually saying regarding leaving the show. Since people are posting conflicting information about it.
jessietrey
jessietrey

Female Posts : 329

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:35 pm

Aria wrote:I don't blame her for not being ready, but I do blame her for calling the other girls liars when they all said she wasn't ready. Even no drama Hannah G said she saw the red flags, telling me that Cassie was indecisive and questioning a future with Colton for a while. It even fits with what her ex said in his IG post about how she was very indecisive about their relationship. 

I think I'm more curious now how the season ends. If C+C are really together, if he's the one who chases her to the US or if the reunion is in Portugal, if she is the one who comes back, etc. I do question the ending, especially with it being so similar to RS's spoiled Des ending with the frontrunner coming back and how he was missing so many details and how certain scenes in the promo never made sense. I'm excited to see all the sleuthing! 

IMO.

I don't recall her telling Kirpa she was a liar, what I heard her say how do she know if she's ready, only she herself knows that (which she is right, on). Kirpa couldn't tell her anything in my opinion when she wasn't ready either. She had no desire for Colton and I don't understand why he kept her that long. Jmo
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:16 pm

blueblues wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:IA if she's so indecisive what made her decide to go on this type of show to begin with. There is nothing wrong with being indecisive regardless of one's age, but to apply be offered and accept to be a contestant on a show where there is a very strong possibility of being proposed to, one would think there should have been a lot of thought put into this. We have heard from past contestants they applied because they thought it would be fun, travel the world, and see what happens. Maybe that was Cassie, and when she felt Colton was falling for her, she started questioning what she wanted. Or the producers were questioning her putting doubts in her head.
To the bolded: If you add the chance of an IG following and other benefits, I think that describes a vast majority of the contestants. If “see what happens” means being open to possibly falling in love and getting engaged to the lead, that’s all you can expect from them IMO.

However, I don’t think a contestant should ever be expected to accept a proposal or be “ready for marriage” with the lead when they go on the show. How could they when they haven’t even met the guy yet? An obligation like that looks an awful lot like an arranged marriage, which is as far away as you can get from the romantic fairy tale that the show pretends to be.
In the light of that, Cassie’s supposed doubts seem very natural, and something she probably shares with a lot of F1s – only this time they have to show it since she leaves. I think this will be more real than it usually gets.

I’m generally starting to feel that the mandatory proposal at the end is the second most twisted thing about this show (with the fantasy suite of course being the “winner”). In countries where there is no proposal, everything seems more organic and honest.
All JMO

Agree with most of this! This is why I thought Juan Pablo was the most "real" Bachelor for not proposing because he was not in love with any of the women but wanted to date Nikki. And she was okay with that. But JP was the most vilified Bachelor ever, down in history as the worst. I thought hats off to him for making it real, not fake. (and no I don't believe what Clare said because she never said it to his face, and still wanted to win even afterward. She was only mad when she didn't win laugh out loud) Anyway, hope there are no double standards this season, but I suspect there will be. no no

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekAny Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:16 pm

There’s a good chance, Cassie, like many others went on this show thinking they’d be one of the many and have fun, travel and get some instagram followers. That’s what this show offers nowadays. There’s no turning back from that with the popularity and presence this show has. She isn’t  the first and won’t be the last to come on the show for other reasons than finding your one true love and getting married.

However, that doesn’t stop someone from really falling for the lead. That doesn’t stop a connection from being made when you put two attractive people together in the same room. To me it seems, Colton and Cassie are really into each other. We’ve see a lot of Colton on our screens this last year but he has yet to light up around anyone the way he does Cassie. Is she ready for marriage? Probably not, but that’s what you get when you pick 23 year olds and a 26 year old bachelor. The thing is, I don’t think Colton is all that ready either. But I do think he loves this girl and I’m kind of pumped to see something different happen for a change.
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:28 pm

There's a funny meme going around, where a contestant tells Colton she's ready to be engaged and married, and he walks her out, no rose. But when contestants tell him they are not ready, they get a rose. IMO, Colton is not at all ready to be married/engaged. So while it may seem he is being real at the end, he's only being "real" because the girl wasn't ready to be engaged. He sure acted ready in order to get the gig. So imo he is the fakest Bachelor yet. He said he would do whatever they wanted him to do.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:36 pm

SeekAny wrote:There’s a good chance, Cassie, like many others went on this show thinking they’d be one of the many and have fun, travel and get some instagram followers. That’s what this show offers nowadays. There’s no turning back from that with the popularity and presence this show has. She isn’t  the first and won’t be the last to come on the show for other reasons than finding your one true love and getting married.

However, that doesn’t stop someone from really falling for the lead. That doesn’t stop a connection from being made when you put two attractive people together in the same room. To me it seems, Colton and Cassie are really into each other. We’ve see a lot of Colton on our screens this last year but he has yet to light up around anyone the way he does Cassie. Is she ready for marriage? Probably not, but that’s what you get when you pick 23 year olds and a 26 year old bachelor. The thing is, I don’t think Colton is all that ready either. But I do think he loves this girl and I’m kind of pumped to see something different happen for a change.

Great post! couldn't have said it better. That man is in love, he's not acting the way he is, for nothing. You might not be ready for a lot of things until you meet that right one.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:40 pm

@Seekany Totally agree and great post also !
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:42 pm

SFoster wrote:There's a  funny meme going around, where a contestant tells Colton she's ready to be engaged and married, and he walks her out, no rose. But when contestants tell him they are not ready, they get a rose. IMO, Colton is not at all ready to be married/engaged. So while it may seem he is being real at the end, he's only being "real" because the girl wasn't ready to be engaged. He sure acted ready in order to get the gig.  So imo he is the fakest Bachelor yet. He said he would do whatever they wanted him to do.

Just because he's ready don't mean he propose to anyone. He would like to be in love with them too, he didn't come for anybody who's ready or otherwise he could have chose someone on night one. Love plays an important part.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderfan Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:59 pm

@SFoster I don't think Colton scared her. I think her dad scared her back to reality. You see her arguing with her dad, disagreeing with him, but then if she's in the bottom 2 for rose ceremony, of course she'd be uncertain and perhaps question the entirety of their relationship.

I was listening to Off the Vine Podcast with Colton, and found this part interestin @55:20

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Colton-Underwood

When talking about the Bachelor and expectations vs. reality of filming the bachelor:

Kaitlyn: Did it play out the way you thought it would?
Colton: No! I'll say this, you think you want one thing and then you are continuing to grow throughout this season and you realize what you want, what you need... everything changes.
You start, and I don't know if you're guilty of this too, you have an idea coming in and you're so excited to be the bachelor/bachelorette, where you're like 'I can't wait to get down on one knee,' 'I can't wait to be engaged,' 'I can't wait to be married," 'I can't wait o have kids,' like you get so excited that you put the cart before the horse, and then all of a sudden you're like, "oh, but I have to take these steps in these relationships."

-----

This idea and revelation by Colton can apply to both Colton and Cassie. At the end of the day, and I believe we'll see this shift too on the finale based on the little snippet of ITMs we're shown after he breaks it off with Hannah G, we'll see Colton realize that he's here for love and not just an engagement or marriage. Some people may disagree, but understanding that both Cassie and Colton come from a religious background, I would assume that they would take the steps towards marriage seriously. It's easy to get caught up in the bubble of BN during filming, so makes sense when Cassie went home and was away from that bubble, and discussing the situation with her family, that she'd actually have a change of heart.

Overall, it seems that both Colton and Cassie realized that what they wanted and needed was not to go through the motions of getting engaged, but pursuing love and the steps that would ultimately lead to a HEA in the long run, post-bachelor life.

Last edited by lavenderfan on Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

lavenderfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:18 pm

I’m loving these posts and debates, y’all.

I’m excited because my cousin and I have been planning our finale viewing party today. I was going to order Colton’s 65 Roses Rosè but uh...shipping cost as much as the actual wine!! I know it’s for a good cause but I just couldn’t do it.
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood - WTA - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+24
krusca
notarose
Julie81
Cocoasneeze
luvstx