SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Luvstruck Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:05 pm

Norcalgal wrote:Just saying that steroids can bring on super aggressive behavior....

I agree, Luke's behavior is reminiscent of "Chad" from Jo Jo's season who was another big steroid guy!!!!!!!!!

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Luvstruck Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:20 pm

To me Luke is like a dog marking his territory! In my opinion, he is trying to make it known to all the guys that Hannah is His, he wants them all to back off !!!!

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:32 pm

petesiepoo wrote:In recent years, MF and crew have kept some of these borderline abusive characters around too long. Someday there is going to be a real incident that won't be "managed" easily. I hope the franchise isn't pushing toward that on purpose to make headlines.

I think Hannah may have kept him around because she really liked him. Even though she questioned him she still kept giving him a pass. Perhaps a justification is that she was aware that being in the bubble amps some people so she gave him more rope thinking the process effected him more than some others. That way of thinking may have also been a factor with other leads keeping mismatches for too long that they were sexually attracted to. Never good in the long run but I could see some leads thinking they are seeing the worst because the person can’t adapt to the show world where in reality they are red flag suitors because something in RL will eventually trigger the same behaviors.
In his own strange way I think Luke actually likes Hannah. He just doesn’t currently have the skills to offer a healthy relationship.

As a viewer I dislike him because he triggers memories of that one guy I stupidly gave hall passes to. It’s embarrassing to know you’re smart but can be oh so stupid at the same time. giggling  Lesson learned the first time... fortunately.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:45 pm

notarose wrote:
petesiepoo wrote:In recent years, MF and crew have kept some of these borderline abusive characters around too long. Someday there is going to be a real incident that won't be "managed" easily. I hope the franchise isn't pushing toward that on purpose to make headlines.

I think Hannah may have kept him around because she really liked him. Even though she questioned him she still kept giving him a pass. Perhaps a justification is that she was aware that being in the bubble amps some people so she gave him more rope thinking the process effected him more than some others. That way of thinking may have also been a factor with other leads keeping mismatches for too long that they were sexually attracted to. Never good in the long run but I could see some leads thinking they are seeing the worst because the person can’t adapt to the show world where in reality they are red flag suitors because something in RL will eventually trigger the same behaviors.
In his own strange way I think Luke actually likes Hannah. He just doesn’t currently have the skills to offer a healthy relationship.

As a viewer I dislike him because he triggers memories of that one guy I stupidly gave hall passes to. It’s embarrassing to know you’re smart but can be oh so stupid at the same time. giggling  Lesson learned the first time... fortunately.

I can't remember what interview I saw this, but she basically said that she had people tattling on her and she knows how it feels for him. That and the fact that she finds him attractive...and no doubt some producer suggestions...kept him in longer than I think she would have normally.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by avacaroline Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:59 pm

My guess is that the pass she gave him also had a lot to do with their shared faith. It seems as though he’s pretty bold in his convictions on social media so I can only guess that they had those conversations pretty early on in their time together.  I can see how the things that he may have been saying to her were attractive in that it brought her a sense of comfort because of their familiarity. It’s like he checked the most important of her boxes so it was hard to accept all of the red flags.
avacaroline
avacaroline

Female Posts : 807

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggoneit Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:38 am

I unfortunately think this is going to get worse for Luke P.
It appears that he is going to go far and he is going to implode. I sincerely hope he is in counseling, because what is ahead for him is going to be rough.
With that being said, MTA is going to be GOLD!!!

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Considering the only interactions we've seen between Hannah and Luke P in the last couple of weeks were not good at all, yet she still considered him a favorite makes me think that we are not being shown his attractive side. Yes, his negative traits are bad enough to kick him to the curb. But he probably has some very good attributes. Hannah probably wouldn't have been aware of the bad ones if it weren't for the guys telling her.

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 620

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:51 am

Buckeye_Fan wrote:Considering the only interactions we've seen between Hannah and Luke P in the last couple of weeks were not good at all, yet she still considered him a favorite makes me think that we are not being shown his attractive side.  Yes, his negative traits are bad enough to kick him to the curb.  But he probably has some very good attributes.  Hannah probably wouldn't have been aware of the bad ones if it weren't for the guys telling her.

I totally agree with you.

IMO prods did not have another clear villain after Cam early exit. I think it was a bunch of normal guys. I do believe prods pushed the buttons because they knew how Luke P is intense. All the guys heard IMO about the first rose. They talk about "big deal" to receive it. Also many heard also that first rose = F1. So I am sure their competitive selves were unhappy. Many never came for Hannah and be engaged but a guy is a guy and pissing contests is in their nature, especially if they stay with no cells/SM in the same place. so Luke P was an easy target with the first rose, hannah early interest and him declaring he was falling for her very very early.

When I saw the SM turning completely apeshit about him, I thought it was over the top. His only problem is that he did not hide his feelings and was very open about them. This is almost anti-man behavior. Men are very shy to express their feelings and Luke P was sharing everywhere with everyone how he felt about Hannah.

So yes. easy target.

But IMO, Luke P is not a villain. The cut and edits made him look like a villain. All the zoom on his fist when he was upset made him look like a serial killer... really?? Or when he was upset, shouting in the face... which I agree is a nono. This said, raise the hand who never saw someone doing this around us? Someone so upset and angry that he or she yelled and acted like a maniac? I sure did. It is called a bad temper. I wonder how anyone would react if they felt rejected or a target within a group of guy for weeks in the same place with no hope to evacuate tension? Let's not forget that it is said that the only subject of conversation in the mansion is Hannah. no TV no SM, no nothing but the gym and talking.

Luke P was never meant for this show but the prods knew it when they cast him. They all know too well who is who. I am 100% convinced that Luke made up his mind that Hannah would be his wife before meeting her. He created this fairytale with her and was honest to even tell her at the M&G that she had some catching up to do. Luke never lied. He was very honest. this is why guys and general public reject him. because he is too open with his feeling. Should have he just kept it for the ITM, then it would have been different.

Nick Vial in his podcast said that he is suspicious about his Christianity in a way that he is using it. Like putting his cross on top of his tee in the camera but not when in group dates. well nobody has their jewelry in place all the time. It is normal to dress okay in ITM. Being proud to be a Christian and showing his cross does not mean he is not telling the truth that he is a Christian. I find Nick very petty and jaded. Nick does not know the guy but is already spreading bad rumors about him knowing full well the impact he will put on people's mind.

is Luke intense? yes? is is over the top? yes. no doubt.

But I felt that the guys disliked him more because Hannah liked him a lot and decided to cast him aside. I think Luke annoyed them to the point that they started to bully him because Luke did not come to make friends but to make sure that Hannah would pick him on any occasion.

Luke did not do well with jealousy and he did not do well with competition. In the real world, I am convinced he is not a bad guy at all. He would woe a girl and she would focus on him only. Would he stop being jealous? I don't know. However, it is a fact that she had 30 guys to date and to know and unless you have a huge ego, it is normal to doubt and be a bit jealous of the attention she may have to other when you only want to be chosen. Jealousy is a bitch but quite common.

I think they edited worse than what he is truly is. Clinger 5 yes but in this environment that was probably tough. Especially when Hannah made up with him at every turn as we can see in the teaser.... lot and lot of hot kisses session so it was easy for him to go up and down about thinking he was the one and be crushed when he saw her having a connection with the others.

I do not like him particulary. luke does nothing for me. But I feel a bit sorry for him because I do not think he deserves all the hate he is receiving by the fans.

JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:49 am

Personally I think the same way some are quick to use the "editing, it's the environment, he may not be so bad in real life, etc." to excuse some of the actions and behavior Luke has displayed, it's unfair and interesting to me that it's easy to fall on "the guys were jealous because Hannah liked him and attacked and bullied him".

That's interesting because we saw Jed walk in on Hannah literally taking Luke's shirt off and there was no indication of any drama or anger directed by him towards Luke right after that. There's a preview of tonight's episode that shows Kevin almost walking in on Hannah and Jed going at it and we see the guys joking and laughing about the awkwardness later. So maybe, just maybe this wasn't as convenient as "the guys just disliked him because Hannah liked him".

Let me be very clear, I've never liked the gang-up on a contestant thing that tends to happen oN these seasons. It's why I thought it was ridiculous when it was done to Nick during Andi's season because the editing never showed Nick doing anything but pursuing Andi. I also hated the mean girlish behavior towards Vanessa after Nick's season because I just thoughT it made the women seem petty, especially since we had no context of what happened, since the producers left it all on the cutting room floor.

However, some can use editing all day long to make excuses for Luke P. And yeah, of course the close up shots of the tightened fists is clearly manipulative and meant to create a narrative. But just speaking for myself, my reasons why I believe rather than some make excuses, we all hope that Luke P sees this as a learning experience is the following:

1. The dismissive response to Hannah's conversation with him about his coming on too strong. He didn't like what she said, so he decided to act like it just didn't happen and nope, he wasn't going to accept that. He didn't say, "I didn't think that's how I was coming across and that was never my intention but if that's how she feels, maybe I need to just calm down" Or something to that effect. No, he said he didn't accept it.

2. He then proceeded to keep being pushy and demanding to talk to her when she calmly told him she would come get him later and thereby validating exactly what she just told him about his being too pushy.

3. He then went all He-Man for no reason on Peter who was simply waiting to have alone time with Hannah. You clearly see Peter looked slightly unnerved, even saying, "look I'm not trying to have any drama with you" but Luke, who is an obvious narcissist, decides his time with Hannah was more important and so he'll just demand that Peter let him have his moment. Because again his time with her is more important in his mind.

4. The guy picked up and body slammed Luke S to the ground - period. There's video. Then he spun lie after lie about it.

5. He then admits to Luke S. that he may have been mistaken in what he told Hannah, agrees then that he'll go tell her he made a mistake and instead he went and flat out lied and manipulated the whole conversation. And he did it the whole time staring Hannah dead in the eyes, never blinking once.

I always say I like to go with my gut. The same gut that told me underneath all his shiny veneer, Josh Murray was a controlling, massive tool, is the same one that tells me Luke P. is a controlling narcissist who needs to work on these things before they do end up affecting his real life. And yes, maybe the environment of the show was not the best for him but I think it's too easy and does him no favors to put it all that and not acknowledge that the show sometimes can only bring out what's already in a person. It's the kind of environment that absolutely feeds on the worse part of a person. But it doesn't mean those things don't exist and it's just "oh the producers manipulate, editing, the guys were jealous".

Last edited by lleyki on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:06 pm

@lleyki it is called maturity and self assurance (Jed). Never said Luke is perfect or mature. I think he is not. But for me? no villain. just a bad temper guy with self issues.Who knows how anyone would react in his shoes? I do not know him so I will not judge him and will give him the benefice of the doubt like every villain edited by this franchise. Many were edited bad bad villains. some were, some not so much as awful as they were edited. JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by smg2587 Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:38 pm

I knew this show was going to cut a lot of what makes Hannah and Luke's connection strong. That being their shared spiritual beliefs and faith system. I disliked that but saw it coming when he was said to be the frontrunner before we started hearing about all the guys disliking him.

I think Luke's actions after Hannah told him to back off on the photoshoot group date didn't only turn him off to us the audience but to a lot of the guys in the house. You see in the episode Luke S. actually express concern for Luke P after his talk with Hannah. But him saying stuff like I can't say I am falling in love with her and maybe should leave when he got into a conversation he didn't like just 1 week (in real filming time) at saying I'm starting to fall in love with you made them see a different side to Luke.

I am not going point by point why I don't like Luke. I just don't think its just jealousy of the guys is why they dislike him. Kevin was mature enough to say after the show that Luke was one of the ones that cared about Hannah the most even though he dislikes him. I think the shade he gets from the f3 is different because I think they know what exactly went down with the slutshaming incident because Luke tries to comeback during the rc. They have the context for that. No one that went to Scotland follows him on social media. And Matteo even though he follows him for some reason said before the rugby game that the group was starting to see Luke P as not there for the right reasons. So we maybe missing some things on their end as well.

I am interested in the Latvia fight that Luke is rumored to get into with was the other 2 guys that where above the pack all season long in Jed and Tyler. He is going to get into an argument with the 2 chilliest guys in the group that week after the 1 group date they all share. I think the Garrett fight is more of Garrett telling Hannah what went down instead of any other issue so not interested in that as much. But the Latvia fight is the one we probably need to watch for and it will be interesting to see how it is edited considering he gets into a fight with the f2.

I will agree that Luke was not someone that should have been on the show. Maybe after a good number of years to mature and grow but at this point in his life he was not ready for this show or know what the hell he was getting into. And neither did his family who signed him up for it. Its pretty clear they didn't know what they where going into and I feel sorry for them for that. But that doesn't change my feelings on his behavior on the show.

All jmo.

Last edited by smg2587 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

smg2587

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 pm

HEA wrote:@lleyki it is called maturity and self assurance (Jed). Never said Luke is perfect or mature. I think he is not. But for me? no villain. just a bad temper guy with self issues.Who knows how anyone would react in his shoes? I do not know him so I will not judge him and will give him the benefice of the doubt like every villain edited by this franchise. Many were edited bad bad villains. some were, some not so much as awful as they were edited. JMO

:yes: bad tempered.
For me, he’s got 2 settings: brooding or making out.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 15 - Luke Parker - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+56
LaineyG
Kashathediva
Lucas15
Chgohighlife
North