SELECT CONTENT

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by leavers Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:52 pm

He may very well pull a Bradbury.

As for him as a person, now that I know someone who knows him, I feel a bit protective of him haha. And I've never met him and probably never will! But I do know the person who knows him pretty well (on a professional level), and [incoming anecdote alert! All JMO/IMO/all MOs activated] she wouldn't be friends with an insincere dud. He may very well have certain career aspirations but so do a great many people in this franchise. Angie is in the media field herself so I don't think that would ultimately be a negative for her. The Hillsong connection is, IMO, the biggest detraction, not the fitness training or the acting goals.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:03 pm

Thanks @leavers.  I suspect you are a good judge of character and I don't even particularly dislike Carlin, he just doesn't seem like a logical F1 for Angie based on personality/interests IMO, nor statistically from a production point of view.

I still don't believe he would have been given the novelty rose/first date if he was Angie's initial favourite, but even putting that aside, why would they then leave him off so many GDs?  When would they get time to develop a relationship?

Statistically, TPTB always put the Lead's favourites on as many dates as possible IMO, so leaving Carlin out of two whole episodes indicates to me he was not her initial F1 because otherwise he would have gotten Timm's schedule IMO. 

As for the Hillsong connection, I agree, that seems like it would be a deal breaker for Angie since she is proudly is anti-homophobia, while Hillsong is infamous for it's anti-LGBTI rhetoric.  I suspect she wasn't aware till after she picked him.

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 4shhC3T

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Finch Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:42 pm

I thought Chelsie went on very few of the early group dates with Matt?
Finch
Finch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:49 pm

Finch wrote:I thought Chelsie went on very few of the early group dates with Matt?

Correct - Helena was the one who went on all the early GDs on Matt's season, which is why I think she was his initial favourite - not Chelsie - but that's a whole other conversation.  Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 3806527698

Stats for F1s from previous Bette seasons:

Bobette wrote:Season 1 F1 Sasha
ep 2 GD
ep 3 SD
ep 4 GD
ep 5 GD
ep 6 GD

Season 2 F1 Lee
ep 2 GD
ep 3 SD
ep 4 -
ep 5 GD
ep 6 GD

Season 3 F1 Stu - skipping because intruder

Season 4 F1 Taite
ep 2 GD
ep 3 GD
ep 4 SD
ep 5 GD
ep 6 SD and GD
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:53 pm

Bobette wrote:

As for the Hillsong connection, I agree, that seems like it would be a deal breaker for Angie since she is proudly is anti-homophobia, while Hillsong is infamous for it's anti-LGBTI rhetoric.  I suspect she wasn't aware till after she picked him.

Yes, if I was Angie and it never came up while filming, and then on the outside I found out my F1 was in Hillsong I'd go into crisis mode. I wouldn't necessarily write the person off completely but it would be a big deal and potentially a deal breaker. I'm sure there's some great people in the congregation who don't believe in everything they're preached at about (just like there are in all churches that have dodgy leadership) but for me as a person like Angie who believes very much in SSM, LGBTQI+ rights and equality, etc, it would be a sticking point and something that would have to be negotiated.
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:58 pm

@leavers Yes, agreed.  I feel that would almost certainly have been the topic of some of the "talks and debates" Angie told Kyle about when he asked her if she and F1 had had their first fight yet.

Also I just don't see where their relationship goes from here.  Angie has said she has no desire to get married, so what happens if Carlin is "saving himself"?  It doesn't seem realistic or sustainable, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:37 pm

How do we know Carlin is saving himself? I mean, he was married - surely he bumped uglies with his ex? 😂
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:41 pm

sprout wrote:How do we know Carlin is saving himself? I mean, he was married - surely he bumped uglies with his ex? 😂

I meant saving himself for his next marriage.  The way Angie has been dodging sex questions in interviews makes me think he might be.  AFAIK, Hillsong frowns upon sex outside marriage (which may have played a part in his decision to marry his ex IMO).
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:07 pm

Honestly I'm pretty sure the reason why Justin Bieber and Hayley Baldwin got married was for that reason. Apparently Chris Pratt goes there too and he also got married to his new wife really fast. They have no issue with divorce in Hillsong - but if you want to sleep with someone you have to be married.  So yeah ... if Angie is in no rush to get married or doesn't want to marry at all that's going to be a major issue for them.

JB at Hillsong in LA https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/29/justin-bieber-cries-performs-church-first-time-10651929/
Here's Pratt denying Hillsong is anti-gay https://www.newsweek.com/what-hillsong-church-chris-pratt-denies-mega-church-anti-lgbt-parish-after-1328047

I hope that's not skirting the no-politics no-religion rules here, but it's pretty relevant to Carlin and Angie I think.
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:21 pm

Carlin follows Hillsong on IG and I have not seen any evidence that he actually attends Hillsong. I actually found the church he attended last year and it ain’t Hillsong. I am not going to post the church information here strictly based on how I am interpreting the forum rule on religion. So not sure where the source of Carlin being a member of Hillsong church generated from. The comedian hijosh who does a parody of the show follows Hillsong on IG, I assume he is Christian as well and Angie follows hijosh on IG.
https://www.instagram.com/hijosh/

I am not sure how others are interpreting the forum rule on religious discussions but in the US threads, we don’t discuss churches and what they stand for but I will let the moderators weigh in on that.
@Sprite @ReneeM not sure if you are on tonight, paging you since you are very familiar with Sean on the US thread, I don’t recollect us ever discussing Sean’s church as part of his belief system but please help clarify.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:24 pm

I agree @leavers, it seems like a fundamental incompatibility of lifestyles IMO.  And speaking of incompatibilities...

Angie to Yvie episode 4: "Carlin is very serious"

Angie to Osher episode 5:  "I just think it's so important to not take yourself too seriously; the best thing in the world is to laugh, so that's what I'm after"

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 13 3806527698

I mean, that's not a clever editing distraction, that's just her flat out admitting he's not what she's looking for IMO.

Source

ETA: @mercieme I don't anything discussed has broken the rules - no one has done any solicitation nor stirring up hatred IMO.

The topic of Religion may be discussed for conversation purposes when it relates to contestants of Reality TV shows. It is not to be discussed in a manner for solicitiation purposes, to sway ones views, to stir up hatred of a particular Religion or Race, or to ridicule Religion of any denomination. Please do not post non factual information based on your personal or Religious beliefs
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:14 am

@Bobette, I am not familiar with actual church names being posted and their beliefs. I am not a member of the church but who knows whether there are members here who attend Hillsong and could take things personally. I am just not familiar with names of churches appearing on any sleuthing thread in all my years of being on this forum but maybe I am just interpreting things incorrectly hence why i paged the moderators. I am sure they will weigh in and clarify as needed but thanks for posting the rule directly here yes

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+30
jenski_tas
Dirty Street Pie
Kindnesscounts
bluwavz
richmond1
Vjeff
Flowergrrl
ReneeM
Finch
mbl
stoneleigh