SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

Page 32 of 81 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 56 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion  - Page 32 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

Post by Bleiby527 Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:59 pm

Astrobach wrote:@Bleiby527 @Cocoasneeze
I wasn’t around or part of the discussion that brought the deletion of posts as per the rules. That said,  to compare Hannah and her experience in her season as lead, including the sexual details that were shown and exploited by all, and Tyler being directly interviewed on a podcast with Juliet Litman, and it’s very limited and different outreach and impact on the public is quite a reach.

That Tyler would respond openly to direct probing questions to Juliet on her podcast that probably has a fraction of subscribers ( in maybe thousands)  or one time listeners as opposed to Hannah who was seen for a few months on our tv by millions of people are 2 largely different equations. And I do believe, ( to stay in the thread’s subject) that Hannah’s criticism about her sexual decisions and choices came not so much because she is a woman but strongly from the confusion between her religious views and the precepts that she herself stated guided her life and that specific journey. She mentioned many times that it was hard to reconcile her principles with the reality that she was thrown in, in such a public way.
Yes, there are differences in how men are perceived or given a pass with some of their choices especially when it comes to sexuality, but Hannah has made personal choices that are now part of the public discourse and she has to accept the consequences, good and bad with those decisions and actions.

JMHO

I disagree that the criticism of Hannah's sexual choices came from confusion about her religious views. Kaitlyn Bristowe made similar sexual choices to Hannah during her season - Kaitlyn was open about her sexual experiences with Nick and with Shawn and Kaitlyn was also shamed for these choices. Kaitlyn never professed to be religious.

Ben Higgins is a proud Christian like Hannah and was extremely sexual with his top three women - Lauren, JoJo, and Caila - and received none of the shaming and criticism that Hannah received.

The common denominator with sexual shaming on the Bachelor and Bachelorette is gender and not religion. JMO

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion  - Page 32 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

Post by sdmom Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:13 pm

Bleiby527 wrote:
I wasn’t around or part of the discussion that brought the deletion of posts as per the rules. That said,  to compare Hannah and her experience in her season as lead, including the sexual details that were shown and exploited by all, and Tyler being directly interviewed on a podcast with Juliet Litman, and it’s very limited and different outreach and impact on the public is quite a reach.

That Tyler would respond openly to direct probing questions to Juliet on her podcast that probably has a fraction of subscribers ( in maybe thousands)  or one time listeners as opposed to Hannah who was seen for a few months on our tv by millions of people are 2 largely different equations. And I do believe, ( to stay in the thread’s subject) that Hannah’s criticism about her sexual decisions and choices came not so much because she is a woman but strongly from the confusion between her religious views and the precepts that she herself stated guided her life and that specific journey. She mentioned many times that it was hard to reconcile her principles with the reality that she was thrown in, in such a public way.
Yes, there are differences in how men are perceived or given a pass with some of their choices especially when it comes to sexuality, but Hannah has made personal choices that are now part of the public discourse and she has to accept the consequences, good and bad with those decisions and actions.

JMHO

I disagree that the criticism of Hannah's sexual choices came from confusion about her religious views. Kaitlyn Bristowe made similar sexual choices to Hannah during her season - Kaitlyn was open about her sexual experiences with Nick and with Shawn and Kaitlyn was also shamed for these choices. Kaitlyn never professed to be religious.

Ben Higgins is a proud Christian like Hannah and was extremely sexual with his top three women - Lauren, JoJo, and Caila - and received none of the shaming and criticism that Hannah received.

The common denominator with sexual shaming on the Bachelor and Bachelorette is gender and not religion. JMO

Iirc, not trying to defend Ben or to deny double standards, but I don’t recall Ben openly admitted on the show he slept with multiple women?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleiby527 Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:21 pm

sdmom wrote:
Bleiby527 wrote:

JMHO

Iirc, not trying to defend Ben or to deny double standards, but I don’t recall Ben openly admitted on the show he slept with multiple women?

It was implied from how upset Caila was when Ben broke up with her that something sexual happened between them in the fantasy suite. Ben told both JoJo and Lauren he loved them and it was heavily implied by the show that he had sex with both JoJo and Lauren. Hannah also never admitted to sleeping with multiple men, she admitted to only sleeping with Peter. (I assume Hannah slept with Jed, as he was her final pick, but she never admitted it on the show.)

Ben was certainly very open with his sexuality on his season and has spoken openly about how he has an erection in a publicity still for the Bachelor during one of his make out sessions with JoJo. I believe it's the scene under the waterfall where they are both in their bathing suits. JMO

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:18 pm

@Bleiby527

Just to be clear, I’m not at all shaming Hannah’s actions and sexual conduct as it was portrayed on the show. What I said is that those actions have consequences even in this day and age. She was IMO by far the most openly sexual Bachelorette in her interactions with men on screen and didn’t refrain from showing it and talking about it with Luke, Peter, Tyler etc... ( that’s Scorpio Venus AND Rising for you! ).

Because of the way she was and her strong faith and principles that are associated with those precepts there are also a lot of religious prejudices and judgments that will come from a whole lot of people that Kaitlyn didn’t have. As far as I know or remember, Kaitlyn was not highlighting any religious values in her search for a partner and she still got a lot of horrible feedback and sl*t shaming for sleeping with Nick. I do think that Hannah pushed the conversation even more and the result is obviously that she gets a lot of the same treatment in an exponentially explosive way because of the added element of religion. I read some of the comments she got and it’s unbelievable and cringeworthy. I certainly do not condone any of these, but unfortunately Hannah has chosen to have this conversation in a public way and is getting a mix bag of great support and awful criticism for it.
I was also saying that Tyler’s podcast interview is not a good comparison IMO because of its limited public reach and also Juliet was baiting him big time. In the end, both Tyler and Hannah have shown they have no shame in discussing their sexuality when asked.
Just as a footnote, both Tyler and Hannah will remain as having some of the best sexual chemistry I’ve seen on this show and that is partly why there is still such a strong appeal to ship them together for many even after all that has happened.
JMO
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleiby527 Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:21 pm

Astrobach wrote:@Bleiby527

Just to be clear, I’m not at all shaming Hannah’s actions and sexual conduct as it was portrayed on the show. What I said is that those actions have consequences even in this day and age. She was IMO by far the most openly sexual Bachelorette in her interactions with men on screen and didn’t refrain from showing it and talking about it with Luke, Peter, Tyler etc... ( that’s Scorpio Venus AND Rising for you!  ).

Because of the way she was and her strong faith and principles that are associated with those precepts there are also a lot of religious prejudices and judgments that will come from a whole lot of people that Kaitlyn didn’t have. As far as I know or remember, Kaitlyn was not highlighting any religious values in her search for a partner and she still got a lot of horrible feedback and sl*t shaming for sleeping with Nick. I do think that Hannah pushed the conversation even more and the result is obviously that she gets a lot of the same treatment in an exponentially explosive way because of the added element of religion. I read some of the comments she got and it’s unbelievable and cringeworthy. I certainly do not condone any of these, but unfortunately Hannah has chosen to have this conversation in a public way and is getting a mix bag of great support and awful criticism for it.
I was also saying that Tyler’s  podcast interview is not a good comparison IMO because of its limited public reach and also Juliet was baiting him big time. In the end, both Tyler and Hannah have shown they have no shame in discussing their sexuality when asked.
Just as a footnote, both Tyler and Hannah will remain as having some of the best sexual chemistry I’ve seen on this show and that is partly why there is still such a strong appeal to ship them together for many even after all that has happened.
JMO

I agree with everything you wrote here, and yes especially that Tyler and Hannah have the best sexual chemistry I have ever seen on this show (and possibly in real life laugh out loud). They are both very young and I wonder if they understand that this type of chemistry usually only happens once in a lifetime at most. JMO

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggoneit Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:40 pm

@Bleiby527 I agree with you about their sexual chemistry. And all of the above!

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerfun1980 Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:57 pm

I only thought Hannah had chemistry with Tyler and Luke. Funny considering the windmill was with peter and she chose Jed. Near the end they only showed Luke and Hannah fighting, but when they weren’t, they had it, like the massage scene. And he’s the one she said she could kiss forever. I wonder what was left of the cutting room floor for those two. If they met in the real world, Luke is the one I could actually see her with. But Sex can really be a deal breaker between two people. Tyler I still think is too different, wants different things in life than Hannah. JMO I know Hannah is doing another show now. But I still think she might settle down soon and wouldn’t be surprised if she returned to the south with a less traditional Luke. All JMO

Summerfun1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:23 pm

A few things, kinda randomly.... 

In her ellen show interview, h was asked if she would change anything she'd done in the show, and she joked about there being much...to me it seemed she was almost about to say not bringing up something (ex. Windmill?) but I could just be assuming. I suspect she might indeed regret that comment, not because of how it reflects on her, but because of how Christians who came after her so viciously represented their faith....I think she said somewhere she was disappointed because she had this awesome platform and it turned so sour...

As for alan....I am so smitten by him, and I think he's been a real blessing to Hannah. But I do wonder if she would even consider him for anything serious given that they do not share a common faith. But he really does seem to be great for her....at least in the moment. Though I shudder to think how she would handle his doing future dwts seasons with other beautiful gals. Sheesh, she really does not help herself, surrounding herself with models, musicians, professional dancers....not the best for an insecure woman. (I.e. I would be a mess...) 

I agreed with the poster above who suggested this competitive/pageanty lifestyle is probably not going to bring Hannah the lasting happiness she craves. Could likely say similar about the life of an entertainment reporter or such (though I guess Melissa Rycroft has managed to have a pretty balanced life, or so it seems??)  I still like the idea of being the next chip and Joanna with a down home kinda guy, but that sailboat has likely passed, chemistry notwithstanding....
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:43 pm

I think Allan isn’t necessarily Hannah’s Mr Right, but he could very well be her Mr Right Now. And that’s just fine!
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:28 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dancing-with-the-stars-peta-murgatroyd-reveals-that-shes-really-rooting-for-this-contestant-192721829.html
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:23 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:This forum is not meant to be used as a place to bicker back and forth just because one doesn't agree with another's opinion.

Everyone has moved on, the windmill is old news. I'm not sure what that has to do with Hannah today however everyone is free to voice their opinions and discuss within the rules, the person named in the topic title, however there is no need to be sarcastic or rude. Rehashing what happened months ago seems to create frustration that leads to posts that are not within the rules. This just creates more work for us to lock the threads and delete posts which is time consuming.

The thread will be locked until posts are deleted.

Please take in what GA has said imo you are still rehashing things that were months ago.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleiby527 Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:34 pm

jojo47 wrote:I think Allan isn’t necessarily Hannah’s Mr Right, but he could very well be her Mr Right Now. And that’s just fine!

I only get a friend vibe from Hannah's relationship with Alan, I don't currently think they're together in any way. But who knows! Smiley Also, I believe we're able to discuss things that happened months ago as long as we are polite, not sarcastic, and respect each others' opinions. I could talk about Hannah, Christianity, sexuality, and the shaming she received for days - it's a fascinating subject. Smiley JMO

Bleiby527

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 81 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 56 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

+74
Jaybird
BlueStarsShiver
USAGold
Fan4life
Alanna