Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@gmail.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by Chgohighlife on Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:19 am

@lleyki wrote:
Being a band-aid for someone's wounded ego is not an opportunity. Being a Plan B for someone whose Plan A blew up in their face is not an opportunity. Being part of a super couple with someone who never wanted you until everyone else did is not an opportunity.

I would like this statement framed. Damn girl, you nailed that.

Yaaasssssss! POST GOALS! cheerleader  Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 1377737533  Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 1176891977

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 1763
Join date : 2017-07-19

Back to top Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by Chgohighlife on Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:24 am

@ReneeM wrote:
@sdmom wrote:I really don’t understand how Tyler is called a dumbass? No one knows for sure If he will get more opportunities if he decides to date Hannah, or if he loses opportunities because he was dating Gigi. Even if he had decided to be with Hannah after AFTR, they may have broken up already, who knows?

He seems to be happy on sm. He has done lots of press. He’s moving into a new apartment with his best friend. He wants to do marathons and he’s training for it. Most important, to me at least, he’s using his celebrity to help others. I will say he’s a happy, fulfilled young man. Jmo of course. ‘
I don’t think he’s a dumbass for not getting with Hannah because that’s just a matter of emotions and at the end of the day, if you don’t feel it, you don’t feel it. I don’t think it’s outrageous though to raise the point that being in a couple with Hannah could’ve yielded more opportunities for him than temporary headlines with Gigi because it’s just a statement of fact that in BN, being in a couple is significantly more lucrative than being single. Especially considering that he and Hannah would be by far and away the most popular couple in the franchise. Where I do think he was potentially stupid (asterisk here because we don’t know what he has in the works and only time will tell) is that he wasted what I think is gonna be his peak of popularity doing minimal interviews and being GH’s glorified tote bag. The lots of press he’s done has mainly come in the past week and a half, which is when I suspect his fling with Gigi came to an end. Before that he did some interviews, not a lot imo. Moving into an apartment and all of that is great, but I don’t think he’s the type that wants to move on away from the spotlight, I think he very much enjoys being in the public eye (no shade) so not capitalizing on it when he had the most leverage wasn’t smart. All jmo.


IMO Tyler’s goal was never to become shiller supreme of BN. He’s just not that insipid, IMO. He moved to NYC to model, at least nationally. He did NOT move to LA to join the ranks of BN has-beens who are only known by BN. He seems to have the best of both worlds as a result of his choices IMO and as others have said - whatever he might want from BN, he can still have. IMO, I believe, I pray, I’m pretty convinced, Hannah is not something he wants since the end of her and her co-star Luke’s fiasco season was nationally viewed. Tyler was never reduced to being Hannah’s life raft. He did not allow it. He is not marginalized by settling for that. I’m proud of him for that.

His choices are now greatly expanded in any case and so is his audience.
Goody, goody. Go for it, Tyler.

All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 1763
Join date : 2017-07-19

Back to top Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by lleyki on Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:41 am

At the end of the day, no one can really know what is going on or went on with any of these people unless we know them personally. And so, much like the basis of confirmation bias, I think at the end of the day we will all interpret things as we see fit, based on the opinions we already formed in our minds. My point is particularly in response to this.

The pap pics of them in her truck with Tyler’s friends looked strange to me. Tyler and his friends were not prepared for paps and looked pretty uncomfortable and shocked. Tyler looked uncomfortable and uncomfortably laughed in a few shots when Gigi was laughing. Gigi looked cool and calm and had sunglasses on at night as if she knew they would be there snapping pics. It felt like she set them up to be put on display.

Much like all the claims of how Tyler suddenly didn't look like himself in the pap pictures with Gigi and how he looked "off" and "different" and how his social media behavior was suddenly so "unlike him", I saw none of those things and I didn't see anything close to resembling what I just quoted. Because what I remember of those pap pictures was a relaxed looking Tyler who seemed almost amused by the pap presence and attention and there were the pictures of him and Gigi smiling at each other and hell in a few, eye sexing each other.

So my perspective of the exact same pictures is so completely different and removed from someone else's. Which just solidifies my point that ultimately, we all see and interpret things as we want based on our bias and already held opinion. For example, I'm sorry, no, I don't think Gigi Hadid used Tyler Cameron for press. I just don't buy that at all. And so I didn't look at everything through this veil of trying to prove that manipulative Gigi was using Tyler and his apparent super new fame for press for herself.

And as for the Bachelor World and these opportunities Tyler may have had more of being a part of some "super power" couple with Hannah, again, I'm sorry but like what? I'm not trying to be dismissive about the Bachelor World and fame that comes from it and be dismissive about the contestants and all that but I am hard pressed to come up with any super amazing opportunities that has come for any of these people, coupled up or not.

It all seems to be a combination of some red carpet events that's often dominated by reality show stars and a bunch of shilling. What truly amazing opportunities come to these people because of being a Bachelor couple. I'd like to know because I ain't seen it yet. Seems to me some opportunities are those the contestants make for themselves based on their skills or career, etc. like Rachel for example with her sports stuff.

lleyki

Posts : 1736
Join date : 2012-05-26

Back to top Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by thank goodness on Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:19 am

I hope they would wark out but  the life is unpredictable .
I think Both are good people also good match because they are  interested in making  better world and take care of people.
They also have the same personality like down to earth and chill.
I guess many people are compared to relationship with bachelorette and Gigii
but I think their relationship were very different world from beginning.
The bachelorette is tv show so that we could see   The relationship of tyler and hannah  on tv screen so people are more  tend to enthusiastic and invested in them.

But we couldn’t see the relationship with tyler and gigi except paparazzi photos.
They met real world so I guess they could faced  with their relationship realistically .
You can’t deny that Tyler and gigi  spent a lot of time together than bachelorette.
They were more intimate relationship.


During the filming of the bachelorette they might be spent  time together like 72hours with  tv crews ? They lived their own fantasy land  so we don’t guarantee they would  work out  in real world even though hannah choose tyler .

I don’t think Tyler can say about bachelorette experience with whole  sincerity since
He got fame from tv show and his fan base is mostly  the bachelor nation.
If he say something bad thing About bachelorette  I assume that he gets a lot of backlash. Not only Tyler. Other contestants too.

Just in my opinion, base on  the interview of Tyler,
he looked like get a lot of pressure   Since  so many people are interested in their relationship like “ where is gigi” wherever he went  he  had to hear   gigi’s name..
Gigi are familiar with public relationship and paparazzi but tyler is not unfortunately that’s why I think he keeps saying he wants his relationship  in private.
But gigi were tend to go public relationships.
So maybe maybe they split before more getting serious .  I don’t know .
I wish all the best!! And hannah also. I hope she gets mirror ball.
I think  the future of Tyler  is bright  so I am looking forward to seeing that.

thank goodness

Posts : 27
Join date : 2019-09-14

Back to top Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by sosleepy on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:30 pm

Still with this second place thing. Do y’all consider Lauren and Molly band-aids, and second choices, and defaults and what not?

@ReneeM you articulated  exactly what I meant with Tyler’s missed opportunities perfectly. By no means did I say he was a dumbass for not being with Hannah if that’s not what he wants. That’s emotions and his life, and only he truly knows where he stands in that regard. I do think he’s a dumbass because he had a lot of other options post finale that could have propelled him farther than being a 6 week tabloid prop for someone exponentially out of his league.

Also it’s my subjective opinion that he WAS interested in Hannah romantically, during the show and after. Had it not been for Gigi, I do think he would have explored that more. I’m basing this off things he has said, and actions he has done. He had a chance to be in a lucrative franchise couple. He halted all of that for a shot with a super model. He gave up the shot to be The Bachelor (if he didn’t want Hannah) for a shot with a super model. He  gave up (speculated) DWTS for a shot with a super model.  He gave up interviews and press post show, to live with a NDA and be someone’s tabloid/mute/side guy for a chance at a super model.  I (and many others) speculated this Gigi nonsense would lead him no where. That’s what I think is dumbass. Getting louder for people in the back - Getting with Hannah if that’s not what he wants (all subjective opinions in what he actually wanted, btw), was never my point or reasoning in calling him a dumbass.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Posts : 5797
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by Ash2214 on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:52 pm

I agree @sosleepy 

I also think Tyler has shown himself to be an honest person. Over the last couple weeks, Tyler himself has said he was not in love with anyone, he and GiGi are friends, and that he was single. Turns out he was telling the truth since multiple outlets have reported their month long relationship is over now.

Right after the finale, Tyler himself said that he was not over Hannah, their break up was one of the most difficult things he’s ever been through, and that he was considering grabbing that drink as a first date for them. He recently told Lauren Zima that he was considering getting back together with Hannah. 

Ultimately, none of the Hannah stuff matters now and I don’t like to see them always lumped together, but I’m confused by the continuous talk about how Tyler didn’t want Hannah back, he got over her quickly, etc. when he has said the exact opposite. He’s shown us that what he says, he means. I wish them both well. I do think Tyler missed out on some great opportunities those first two months post show, but I guess that his prerogative.

Ash2214

Posts : 7091
Join date : 2014-04-28

Back to top Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by FLChica on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:53 pm

@lleyki wrote:~snipped

And as for the Bachelor World and these opportunities Tyler may have had more of being a part of some "super power" couple with Hannah, again, I'm sorry but like what? I'm not trying to be dismissive about the Bachelor World and fame that comes from it and be dismissive about the contestants and all that but I am hard pressed to come up with any super amazing opportunities that has come for any of these people, coupled up or not.

It all seems to be a combination of some red carpet events that's often dominated by reality show stars and a bunch of shilling. What truly amazing opportunities come to these people because of being a Bachelor couple. I'd like to know because I ain't seen it yet. Seems to me some opportunities are those the contestants make for themselves based on their skills or career, etc. like Rachel for example with her sports stuff.
More than a few would not have gotten their opportunities without exposure on national tv. A few come to mind, with their pre-Bach employment: 

Jason & Molly - kind of employed with a family friend & an assistant buyer for Kohl's
Sean Lowe - kind of employed by a family friend & co-owner of a bankrupted financial company
Ashley & Jared - wannebe Kardashian & restaurant employee
Chris & Peyton - math teacher / family landscape business & sold cheerleading uniforms

I seriously doubt Travis Stork would have landed his current gig on "The Doctors" without tv exposure even though he was a doctor while the lead on The Bach. Andi had less than 2 years' experience as an attorney before her Bach/'ette exposure. Even sweet Des is unlikely to have gotten the attention of Maggie Sottero Bridal without Bach/'ette appearances. 

Whether anyone else considers the above as "amazing opportunities", all these folks enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle as a result of capitalizing on their appearance on the Bach shows - IMO.


______________________________________________________________


PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

    ** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1284
Join date : 2011-06-03
Location : The Beach

Back to top Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by smg2587 on Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:02 pm

I sorry but Arie and Jason's situations were so much different than what happen with Hannah's. Arie clearly made a mistake and if you read what actually happen between Jason and Melissa you see things aren't what they seemed. But since this is the Tyler thread I won't go in to all that.

People like to talk about Tyler's feelings for Hannah at the end of filming. But he seemed over the process of the show when the Netherlands dates aired. If you noticed he stopped really recapping the episodes at that point and promoting the show. The only things he recapped after that episode aired where part of Peter's dates and the RC Luke came back. I say this as someone that was hopeful of something happening with them but I honestly think a lot of the feelings he had for Hannah left him when that Netherlands episode aired.

Also want to say that I don't think Hannah had feelings for the real Tyler or the Tyler she interacted with during filming when she asked him for drinks. I think she had feelings for the Tyler that was on everyone's tv screens and the edit that they gave him (one they where never going to give him until the Jed stuff hit the fan). She also liked the fact a lot of people liked Tyler. She liked the guy that was defending her when she was going thru a hard time. But even she admitted during filming she had a wall up when it came to Tyler. But I think she rewrote a lot of history in that People interview after.

The lost opportunities. We don't know what opportunities he is being given now or what could be offered if things where different. He seems to still be getting a few and still getting featured in things. He is talking about things coming for him.  Everyone speculated about DWTS because of some Instagram follows nothing concrete just that Instagram follows. I don't think he nor the show was interested in making him the Bachelor. We will see if anything was really lost when we see what is coming but I honestly don't think much was. But that's jmho.


Last edited by smg2587 on Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

smg2587

Posts : 1364
Join date : 2017-05-22

Back to top Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by ReneeM on Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:07 pm

@FLChica wrote:
@lleyki wrote:~snipped

And as for the Bachelor World and these opportunities Tyler may have had more of being a part of some "super power" couple with Hannah, again, I'm sorry but like what? I'm not trying to be dismissive about the Bachelor World and fame that comes from it and be dismissive about the contestants and all that but I am hard pressed to come up with any super amazing opportunities that has come for any of these people, coupled up or not.

It all seems to be a combination of some red carpet events that's often dominated by reality show stars and a bunch of shilling. What truly amazing opportunities come to these people because of being a Bachelor couple. I'd like to know because I ain't seen it yet. Seems to me some opportunities are those the contestants make for themselves based on their skills or career, etc. like Rachel for example with her sports stuff.
More than a few would not have gotten their opportunities without exposure on national tv. A few come to mind, with their pre-Bach employment: 

Jason & Molly - kind of employed with a family friend & an assistant buyer for Kohl's
Sean Lowe - kind of employed by a family friend & co-owner of a bankrupted financial company
Ashley & Jared - wannebe Kardashian & restaurant employee
Chris & Peyton - math teacher / family landscape business & sold cheerleading uniforms

I seriously doubt Travis Stork would have landed his current gig on "The Doctors" without tv exposure even though he was a doctor while the lead on The Bach. Andi had less than 2 years' experience as an attorney before her Bach/'ette exposure. Even sweet Des is unlikely to have gotten the attention of Maggie Sottero Bridal without Bach/'ette appearances. 

Whether anyone else considers the above as "amazing opportunities", all these folks enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle as a result of capitalizing on their appearance on the Bach shows - IMO.
To continue onto your point Rachel has a podcast, an espn radio show on sundays, she’s hosted first take a couple of times, and she has her show ghosted on MTV. Jojo & Jordan have not one, but two shows on tv, Jojo also has a clothing line. Kaitlyn Bristowe has a freaking wine company. Pointing out the opportunities that come from this show and being in BN couple isn’t a subjective opinion, it’s just a fact.
ReneeM
ReneeM
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5711
Join date : 2014-09-06

Back to top Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by Sprite on Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:09 pm

@FLChica Yes all the people listed got their opportunities as a result of being on the show, but I don't think any of them got those opportunities ASAP after getting off the show. They all worked for those opportunities and they eventually came about. My issue with people saying that Tyler missed out on opportunities is that the man has barely had time to catch his breath since coming off the show. He is saying he has major things lined up. I would like to actually see what these are.

Regardless, if any of the upcoming stuff works out or not, I would watch to see where he is in a couple of years. He has a solid education to fall back on and appears to be pretty level headed. Whatever choices he made, regardless if we agree with them or not, or think he missed out, I give him the benefit of the doubt because he obviously thought they were right for him.

Personally, I hope he gives the franchise a wide berth as it appears MF is already salivating in the hope of having him on BIP and bringing him down like he did Blake. I'll wait and see just how smart he really is.


You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 12338
Join date : 2011-12-04
Location : London ON

Back to top Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by fyww on Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:18 pm

I don't think he 'gave up' his chance to be the Bachelor he just postponed it. Gigi or no Gigi that was a smart idea. If he had been the next Bachelor there would have been a LOT of negativity directed toward him (and probably the women) for not being with Hannah. If he ever decides to be the Bachelor (please no) he has a better chance to have a positive experience in the future.

BN fame and opportunities have a way of burning out quickly. Tyler hasn't missed any of that he's just prolonged and maximized it.

"Lucrative franchise" opportunities based on being a popular couple vanish when the relationship does. The opportunities he is getting now are based on Tyler as a single entity and what he can bring to the table.

I respect him more for not pursuing that 'franchise couple' route. Anything good to be gained from it would be outweighed by the pain of a public break-up and yet another round of the blame game that every couple gets subjected too post split. And even more unlimited criticism from angry disillusioned fans. sad That's a lot of wear and tear on him and his family and friends. Look at the hate his best female friend got for absolutely nothing. Look at the scorn Matt gets for whatever it is he does that people find worthy of derision.

Tyler made the best choice for himself. Let him stand or fall on his own. His mistakes are his own and he has every right to make them. Some people think spending time with Gigi was a mistake. I think it was the farthest thing from a mistake. It elevated his popularity way beyond the confines of BN. He came out of it with his reputation intact (so far). He is the guy who was sleeping on futon dating Gigi Hadid. No one is trashing him for breaking her heart (yet).

Imagine if it had been Hannah? The screaming would be deafening. sad And the last thing that either of them need right now!

I would have loved to Tyler on DWTS but I don't think that was ever a possibility. I agree with RS. Why pit him and Hannah against each other after the way this season turned out? Also BN is a formidable voting fanbbase. Why split their votes? Imagine if Tyler had lasted longer than Hannah. The idea of that is just wrong and hurtful to me.

If he has missed out on that DWTS opportunity forever then so be it.

The only mistake I see him making is attempting to wear his hair in a center part. Stop that right now!

fyww

Female Posts : 55
Join date : 2012-12-18

Back to top Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by Chgohighlife on Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:19 pm

@lleyki wrote:At the end of the day, no one can really know what is going on or went on with any of these people unless we know them personally. And so, much like the basis of confirmation bias, I think at the end of the day we will all interpret things as we see fit, based on the opinions we already formed in our minds. My point is particularly in response to this.

The pap pics of them in her truck with Tyler’s friends looked strange to me. Tyler and his friends were not prepared for paps and looked pretty uncomfortable and shocked. Tyler looked uncomfortable and uncomfortably laughed in a few shots when Gigi was laughing. Gigi looked cool and calm and had sunglasses on at night as if she knew they would be there snapping pics. It felt like she set them up to be put on display.

Much like all the claims of how Tyler suddenly didn't look like himself in the pap pictures with Gigi and how he looked "off" and "different" and how his social media behavior was suddenly so "unlike him", I saw none of those things and I didn't see anything close to resembling what I just quoted. Because what I remember of those pap pictures was a relaxed looking Tyler who seemed almost amused by the pap presence and attention and there were the pictures of him and Gigi smiling at each other and hell in a few, eye sexing each other.

So my perspective of the exact same pictures is so completely different and removed from someone else's. Which just solidifies my point that ultimately, we all see and interpret things as we want based on our bias and already held opinion. For example, I'm sorry, no, I don't think Gigi Hadid used Tyler Cameron for press. I just don't buy that at all. And so I didn't look at everything through this veil of trying to prove that manipulative Gigi was using Tyler and his apparent super new fame for press for herself.

And as for the Bachelor World and these opportunities Tyler may have had more of being a part of some "super power" couple with Hannah, again, I'm sorry but like what? I'm not trying to be dismissive about the Bachelor World and fame that comes from it and be dismissive about the contestants and all that but I am hard pressed to come up with any super amazing opportunities that has come for any of these people, coupled up or not.

It all seems to be a combination of some red carpet events that's often dominated by reality show stars and a bunch of shilling. What truly amazing opportunities come to these people because of being a Bachelor couple. I'd like to know because I ain't seen it yet. Seems to me some opportunities are those the contestants make for themselves based on their skills or career, etc. like Rachel for example with her sports stuff.


@Ileyki
Excellent post and great reminder - BN is a small world after all, IMO.
Quiz: Who is the most famous Former Bachelorette Contestant in the USA? Peter Krause, Dean, Blake, Ashley I?
Now, Tyler should covet that title because...
cantstopl

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 1763
Join date : 2017-07-19

Back to top Go down

 Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3 - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tyler Cameron - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum