SELECT CONTENT

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by Vjeff Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:55 pm

Bobette wrote:IMO this is what happens when Leads choose against type.  All the successful AU couples have IMO chosen people exactly like their usual type.  

Bach is not the time to be trying something new, IMO, and I partly blame the influence of friends and family pushing Leads to choose who they want them to.

Agree completely, said a page back that if Angie and Carlin last any longer I would be shocked. People have a type for a reason! I think Matt's friend Kate was not only controlling but probably has a different image of Matt to who he actually is.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

Post by najpoziomka Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:57 pm

hmmm suddenly rachel’s comment on tv about matt being a f-cking dog makes a little bit more sense, now i think that it wasnt good between chelsie and matt from a long time now, i think something was wrong, maybe matt was a little cold or distant and chelsie tried to make it work (and was telling her friends for example rachel what was going on) hence the comment from rachel

and you know what it is.. your girls tell you to dump him but you are so in love you want to wait and make it work :/ i think that was the case for chelsie
najpoziomka
najpoziomka

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:58 pm

sprout wrote:I’m also finding the comments on social media bizarre saying he should’ve chosen Abbie. If he really wanted to be with Abbie, he would’ve chosen her. No one forced him into choosing Chelsie!

IMO Matt would have definitely dated Abbie over Chelsie if they'd all met IRL and not on the show.  It probably wouldn't have lasted any longer, but, yeah, he'd have gone for Abbie IMO. He's a smart man though and knew what producers wanted of him, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaynab Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:00 am

Vjeff wrote:

Chelsie unfollowed Matt but he didn't unfollow her. Says alot. And yes Chelsie is definitely approving the comments as she is liking them.
They are both still following each other.

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:01 am

Sound to me that Matt didn't want to put the time into the relationship in the real world to even see if it could possibly work. All relationships require work (although in the beginning it usually is all hands on , can't get enough of you honeymoon period) . I feel bad for Chelsie. Sounds like she is truly heart broken.
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:01 am

Vjeff wrote:Agree completely, said a page back that if Angie and Carlin last any longer I would be shocked. People have a type for a reason! I think Matt's friend Kate was not only controlling but probably has a different image of Matt to who he actually is.

EXACTLY. :yes:
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by najpoziomka Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:10 am

following your type is not always good, i once had a type - toxic people i was chasing them like a little puppy and was begging them for attention obviously they are now all my exes, it took me 6 months theraphy to break that pattern, so if for example matt had couple of relationships fail and they were all “abbies” i dont blame his friends for advising him what didnt work in the past and what could work in the future - doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results is madness
najpoziomka
najpoziomka

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:13 am

In other franchises, leads have picked against type and it ended in marriage. The only US Bachie that married his F1 is a perfect example of this and there are at least 3 Bettes that picked against type that married their F1 so I am not buying that argument of how type matters. IMO just based on my observation in RL, the physical va va voom is not what sustains a relationship more so it’s the willingness to invest and commit to that relationship but understand that others may see differently Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 11 2498057887

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:15 am

Bobette wrote:
sprout wrote:I’m also finding the comments on social media bizarre saying he should’ve chosen Abbie. If he really wanted to be with Abbie, he would’ve chosen her. No one forced him into choosing Chelsie!

IMO Matt would have definitely dated Abbie over Chelsie if they'd all met IRL and not on the show.  It probably wouldn't have lasted any longer, but, yeah, he'd have gone for Abbie IMO.  He's a smart man though and knew what producers wanted of him, IMO.

I agree he may have dated forward, more sexual, flirty girls like Abbie IRL and sometimes a nerd will marry them too.It's not far fetched to say that some really smart guys do not want their girls/spouses to be as smart or on their intellectual level., some guys like girls that they can pull the wool over on and who don't steal the show from them so to speak (maybe Matt likes being the smartest person in the room after all .) I actual witness this as my son's best friend is a Doctor and God he married a Ditz (pretty and sexy) but NOT at all what any of us suspected he would pick for his wife. I also have another friend who's son is a lawyer and he was always attracted to girls who were not on the same education , he has had numerous girls who were professionals as well but always was attracted to the non professional , uneducated ones all the time. So to each his own. I wonder if Matt met someone else, he says there's no one right now for him but that might not necessarily be the truth. no idea
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:17 am

najpoziomka wrote:following your type is not always good, i once had a type - toxic people i was chasing them like a little puppy and was begging them for attention obviously they are now all my exes, it took me 6 months theraphy to break that pattern, so if for example matt had couple of relationships fail and they were all “abbies” i dont blame his friends for advising him what didnt work in the past and what could work in the future - doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results is madness
Re the bold, to further elaborate; in the words of the great Albert Einstein - “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 11 4256136633

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:17 am

mercieme wrote:In other franchises, leads have picked against type and it ended in marriage. The only US Bachie that married his F1 is a perfect example of this and there are at least 3 Bettes that picked against type that married their F1 so I am not buying that argument of how type matters. IMO just based on my observation in RL, the physical va va voom is not what sustains a relationship more so it’s the willingness to invest and commit to that relationship but understand that others may see differently Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion - Page 11 2498057887

Definitely agree to an extent but I think when you're in that Bach position and have a hundred girls DMing you a month and are trying not to get tempted, the physical stuff matters A LOT. Matt was exactly the type of guy throughout the show who seemed to get caught up in the sudden female attention.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:18 am

Many of the successful couples around me are with people that aren’t necessarily their usual type. Taking a risk can totally work! 
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Matt Agnew - Bachelor Australia - Season 7 - Discussion

+40
Michdealm
jen689
Agent99
Valancy
appiah01