SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Page 10 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by appiah01 Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:38 am

Just Looking wrote:Just wondering - in the night portion of their last date, Carlin I thought said he hasn’t done any acting since 2016, only a few commercials to get money.   Isn’t he the lead in a 2018 film “Out of the Woods”.   Anyone know anything about this?

It is very possible that the film was shot in 2016. Since it's 2019 and the film is still in post-production, my guess is they don't have money/distribution for the film.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

BacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:44 am

"Out of the Woods" was filmed and shot in 2017. Which is after 2016. So he lied to Angie.

Bringing this here. He acted in TWO different roles in 2017. It's shady imo and how Carlin has been since the beginning, removing his "actor" from his IG bio. If he was so upfront and honest, he'd have left it there and been upfront with Angie from the getgo. This is not about being an actor. It's about being shady. jmo

Vjeff wrote:
Just Looking wrote:Maybe it was filmed in 2016?

2017 https://www.if.com.au/woods-shows-make-films-economically/

Occupation was also filmed May to July 2017

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:45 am

appiah01 wrote:
Just Looking wrote:Just wondering - in the night portion of their last date, Carlin I thought said he hasn’t done any acting since 2016, only a few commercials to get money.   Isn’t he the lead in a 2018 film “Out of the Woods”.   Anyone know anything about this?

It is very possible that the film was shot in 2016. Since it's 2019 and the film is still in post-production, my guess is they don't have money/distribution for the film.
Thanks fir that info - I agree

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:48 am

https://www.if.com.au/woods-shows-make-films-economically/
This article explains everything about the movie. The actors weren't paid and the movie is a stepping stone for film makers trying to break into the industry. Post production was finished this year and I don't think the movie has been released.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:09 am

The issue is Carlin said he has not acted since 2016. The facts show this is a lie. Angie's issue has been about him being honest. For someone who wants to claim honesty, he lied again to her (he acted and filmed two different projects in 2017). Like it's not that hard. Just be honest. 

Instead he tried to make it like Angie is the bad one (when SHE has been upfront about her being on TV, she never hid that from anyone) and Carlin deleted his bio and his FAN page for himself as an actor -- AFTER filming had wrapped on the Bette because he knew that was an issue on the show imo and wanted to hide it all as it contradicted what he was saying imo. All shady moves imo. 

Someone who is HONEST and upfront doesn't do that nor do they have to lie or hide. All jmo

Carlin to Angie:
BacheloretteAU - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2 - Page 10 Source
http://gph.is/148YeN0
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:17 am

Storybook wrote:https://www.if.com.au/woods-shows-make-films-economically/
This article explains everything about the movie. The actors weren't paid and the movie is a stepping stone for film makers trying to break into the industry. Post production was finished this year and I don't think the movie has been released.

This article changes nothing about the fact that Carlin acted in 2017 despite him saying he didn't act past 2016. 

Most actors defer payment and not paid for indie films. Literally par for the course if you're an actor. They still are acting though and actors.

They get credited as an actor. In this case, Carlin was the lead actor. Whether paid millions or paid nothing at all -- still acting and an actor  :yes:
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:38 am

@AllAboutLove Oh dear, it doesn’t sound good. He might have just slipped up on the year, especially if he auditioned and got the part in 2016. I guess if Angie chooses Carlin then the questions will surely be asked in their interviews. IMO, he’s not really an actor as he’s not doing it regularly - he just dabbled etc

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:53 am

@Just Looking I don't think he slipped up on anything, especially being the lead actor and that he acted again in another film. He had set up his own FAN page for himself so clearly to me Carlin was liking being an actor and having fans for it :yes: 

Carlin himself called himself an actor on his IG bio and his own brother said he was pursuing acting and talking about an actor career. So it was clearly to me something applicable to THIS year. So is his brother a liar too? Otherwise if there was nothing true to it there's no need for his brother to say anything at all. I can't have it both ways. I can like Carlin but in this case I can't defend it. Way too much shadiness to me.

Also "Dabbling" in acting is still acting and doesn't change the fact he was acting in 2017 as a lead actor. If this was Taite/F1 for Ali's season or another F1 for example, he'd be raked over the coals. So I can't and won't give Carlin a pass. jmo

Overall it's not about acting to me. It's been a recurring theme of his dishonesty that has given me pause. It's on Carlin to be honest and upfront. Not for me to defend him or explain him. Whatever he wants to do is up to him. But I can't defend someone who has been showing shady patterns of behavior since the moment he was sleuthed. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ideas_ideas Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:16 am

The other thing about being an actor, at Carlin's level (i.e. entry level), is that to just 'do a few commercials' 'for money', you have to go to dozens and dozens and dozens of castings and auditions, to land one. Even if you are lucky (and some people really are, you can have peers/friends who are SO talented, attractive etc. and get nothing going for years on end, and others WAY less so but land on their feet more) - lucky enough to land a few, you have to be in constant activity to network, go to workshops and short courses with visiting directors and producers etc., self promo to the dee-lah, keep recent activity on your CV be it said workshops/courses or theatre work, keep your face and presence in as many opportunities as possible, and be in constant contact with your agent, who have dozens to hundreds of other actors on their books, to hustle for auditions you want a crack at when you hear of things coming up and to keep you front of their mind as much as possible.
It is ENORMOUSLY competitive and your 'piece of paper' (CV) has to constantly be updated. There are so many people vying for a shot that even being cast for unpaid short films can be UBER competitive.
If you are pursuing acting in any active way (i.e. booking commercials or even landing unpaid short films), there is NO such thing as just 'dabbling' or quietly going about your PT shifts at F45 and up pops a commercial opportunity here and there... it is a constant slog. So along with the discrepancy in Carlin saying he's not done anything since 2016 apart from a 'few commercials'... I also find it baffling to imagine how a person actively booking gigs could possibly explain that it's not even really a 'thing' for them and whatever else he's said along the way. Hence why his brother said what he said - he knows Carlin's been treading the boards. FB fan page etc. etc....

Does that make him disingenuous about his feelings for Angie? Probs not (IMO). Is there a massive discrepancy in his statements about it all? Yyyyyup.

I have also been highly suspicious for years that a bulk of the cast come from agents. They would have to apply directly (i.e. it can never be a booking 'through' the agent), but TBTP talent scout through agents for candidates and agents 'encourage' their talent to apply. I would 100% have suspected this is where Carlin came from, likewise Timm (and heaps of others, both for Bach a B'ette).

ideas_ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:46 am

@ideas_ideas  Good Post I agree  Exactly everything you said -- especially that Carlin is still acting by doing commercials. It's still acting and him being cast (it's not him being like Angie in a commercial due to her being a tv personality. He was an actor with his IMDb page and his fan page and his Star Now page and his brother talking about him acting... well you get the idea laugh out loud). Carlin pretending he is not acting in commercials when that is exactly what he is doing is incredibly disingenuous imo and shows he's being shady as can be. That Carlin is sooo shady about it is what makes me question him regarding Angie. His words don't  match his actions. His behavior on the show and after filming with deleting everything shows guilt on his part and I think he'll be doing double duty having to go overboard to show "no I am for real" when in reality, being for real is being straight up honest and not shady imo. Whatever happens with him and Angie post-show I wish them good luck.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:21 am

I think Carlin being "outed" as an actor was always planned to be part of his storyline.  Pics of their first date were ALL OVER the media, while there was not a single pic of her with Timm, just like there was none of Matt with Chelsie (or Abbie) throughout filming.

I think TPTB were HOPING someone would go "hang on a minute - that's the guy from the Tramps ad!" - but no one did.   IMO it was originally planned to be Ryan v Timm (or maybe Ciarran) in the finale, with Carlin going home at F3 after his disastrous HTD.  

But due to various factors - Angie's crush on Ryan not translating IRL, Timm being "too much" for her to handle, Ciarran leaving, Angie apparently falling under the spell of Carlin's "face", he ended up F1, leaving the storyboard for the season a mess, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:02 am

I honestly don’t see the problem. He said he last acted in 2016, other sources are saying 2017 but still in post production. It’s not like he said he’d last acted in 2010 😂.

JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #2

+21
Sundy
Ule.m
Vjeff
ReneeM
Storybook
Norcalgal
Azzurra
Bachbee
Finch
Kas_256
ideas_ideas