SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 10 of 66 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 10 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Storybook Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:19 am

I watched this program last night. I am at a loss to know why the media are so cruel to Angie and Carlin. They both laughed along with the host and panel at what was said to them. Carlin owned up to not having yet read Angie's book (he knows Angie's past from Angie herself so he doesn't need to read it, although I'm sure he will). Carlin was made to feel "bad" by the panel and Angie went along with it, but it was all in good fun.
I feel sorry for Carlin and Angie, every facial expression is scrutinised and a negative story is written about them.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 10 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:02 am

I watched the last of the Insider Guides today, and Angie's reaction after the FRC was just so weird.  

She literally says "Are we done?  Is that it?  Yay now everyone can go home and be with their families".  Not, "Yay now I get to be alone with Carlin".  She was barely holding eye contact with him in some shots and he looked uncomfortable IMO.  

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 10 T9viOL8

Source

Even her speech seemed like it was written for someone else "I wanted to find the perfect guy for me".  Carlin would be seen as "perfect" in the eyes of many, so a very odd choice of words IMO which didn't seem to apply to him personally.

The media are still running negative articles, Osher still not following Carlin, it's all very fishy IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:19 am

Bobette wrote: Osher still not following Carlin, it's all very fishy IMO.

IMO it doesn't matter, Osher doesn't follow Lee either (Georgia's F1), and Lee is a beloved F1 and he was always serious about Georgia. Osher doesn't follow Timm either. IMO who Osher follows or not is not important but it is based on his personal preferences. Besides, Osher makes money hosting a dating show, IMO what comes out of his mouth is heavily scripted!
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:59 am

Storybook wrote:I watched this program last night. I am at a loss to know why the media are so cruel to Angie and Carlin. They both laughed along with the host and panel at what was said to them. Carlin owned up to not having yet read Angie's book (he knows Angie's past from Angie herself so he doesn't need to read it, although I'm sure he will). Carlin was made to feel "bad" by the panel and Angie went along with it, but it was all in good fun.
I feel sorry for Carlin and Angie, every facial expression is scrutinised and a negative story is written about them.

I know, this is what annoys me about these shows. For gods sake, just give them a chance to be happy..

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:04 am

@Genevieve Australia very well said and this is what I think too

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:57 pm

Reminder - This is a General Discussion thread. Posters can post what they want about the contestants however, we do not allow posters to snark about other posters or tell them what they can or cannot post. Post has been deleted

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:23 pm

Bobette wrote:I watched the last of the Insider Guides today, and Angie's reaction after the FRC was just so weird.  

She literally says "Are we done?  Is that it?  Yay now everyone can go home and be with their families".  Not, "Yay now I get to be alone with Carlin".  She was barely holding eye contact with him in some shots and he looked uncomfortable IMO.  

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 10 T9viOL8

Source

Even her speech seemed like it was written for someone else "I wanted to find the perfect guy for me".  Carlin would be seen as "perfect" in the eyes of many, so a very odd choice of words IMO which didn't seem to apply to him personally.

The media are still running negative articles, Osher still not following Carlin, it's all very fishy IMO.

Her speech to Timm was bizarre. I've never seen someone set someone up so much to think they're the winner then add a random BUT that makes no sense in the context of what you are saying. That speech was written for good, suspenseful TV, not from a genuine perspective. JMO
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:30 pm

Just Looking wrote:@Bobette I respect that this is your opinion, but Do you think you might be reading too much into things?

No I don't.  This is a sleuthing forum - reading into things is literally what it's for.  If I wanted to just blindly accept what TPTB is serving up to the audience without question, I wouldn't be here.

Vjeff wrote:Her speech to Timm was bizarre. I've never seen someone set someone up so much to think they're the winner then add a random BUT that makes no sense in the context of what you are saying. That speech was written for good, suspenseful TV, not from a genuine perspective. JMO

@Vjeff I agree, both speeches she gave during the ceremony were odd and poorly worded IMO. Her "I wanted to find the perfect guy for me" spiel matches what she was saying at the start of the season about wanting someone unique and weird and quirky and funny, but it doesn't match the person she chose as F1, IMO.

And yeah, calling someone your "soulmate" and then dumping them is bizarre.  There are other words she could have chosen which would have made more sense and been less hurtful IMO.  It's like the scriptwriters had two speeches drafted then chopped them up and shuffled the pieces round to make two non-sensical ones.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:17 pm

I am so glad I’m not in the public spotlight so that my every facial expression is scrutinised and untrue things written as a result laugh out loud 
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:46 pm

sprout wrote:I am so glad I’m not in the public spotlight so that my every facial expression is scrutinised and untrue things written as a result laugh out loud 
JMO

Lucky for you you choose not to be! Everyone in the public eye from reality TV 100% knows what they are signing up for!
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Foreshadowing? https://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/tv/the-bachelorettes-angie-kent-blames-bachie-bubble-for-matt-agnew-and-chelsie-mcleods-split-ng-b881386552z.amp
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:07 pm

Vjeff wrote:Foreshadowing? https://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/tv/the-bachelorettes-angie-kent-blames-bachie-bubble-for-matt-agnew-and-chelsie-mcleods-split-ng-b881386552z.amp

:yes: IMO a lot of what has been printed in the media this week is foreshadowing and/or preparing the audience to expect a split.  If there was a genuine love story there, TPTB would have bought space in the mags to make sure it was front and centre IMO.

ETA:  Didn't write this I swear.  Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 10 3806527698  

4 Signs That May Suggest 'The Bachelorette's' Angie And Carlin Aren't Together

NOV 20, 2019 7:34 AMBY SUKRITI WAHI

It's been less than a week since The Bachelorette Australia left our screens, but rumours (unsurprisingly) are already circulating as to whether Angie and Carlin are still together.

Although the pair certainly appeared to be very much an item immediately following the finale, many are questioning whether this is still the case due to a number of 'signs' that supposedly hint at trouble in paradise.

And given that our Bachelorette withdrawals have officially kicked in, we thought we'd channel our inner Sherlock and see whether there's any potential truth to the rampant rumours that the pair have already separated.

Below, the evidence.

1. 'INSIDER' INFORMATION

Have you got your grain of salt ready? Good. According to an 'insider' who has reportedly spoken to NW, our newly anointed Bachelorette couple is "struggling to make things work".

"They're all smiles now and doing press, but the truth is that they've really been struggling to make things work," an insider told the outlet.

"Angie is absolutely heartbroken that it's not panning out.

"She and Carlin just had too many obstacles in way. They also didn't see eye to eye on a lot of the important stuff. They were butting heads over every little thing!"

2. CARLIN SAYING THEY HAVE "VERY BIG HURDLES" TO OVERCOME

Now, for a pair that have only been together a few months since filming wrapped, it seems strange that the words "very big hurdles" should be blurted out into the universe amid their supposed post-Bachelorette bliss.

But as it were, those are the very words Carlin used in a recent interview with NW while discussing his relationship with Angie. In it, he described their connection as "incredibly strong", before dropping that they have "very big hurdles" in the way.

"If I did propose, or for our relationship to work on the outside, we have to iron out a few issues first," he said.

Firstly... "propose"?! Secondly, "iron out a few issues"?

Curiouser and curiouser.

3. SHE'S REPORTEDLY STILL TALKING TO TIMM AND CIARRAN

Now, obviously this could just signify a some good ol' fashioned post-show friendship, and in isolation likely means nothing—but given Angie admitting she made the wrong decision in the show's penultimate episode, previously calling Timm her soulmate and Ciarran exiting the show before his time (sad face)— it leaves us wondering if her ongoing relationship with them outside of the show means more than it appears to.

In fact, on The Project Angie admitted that choosing to keep talking to Timm meant she was breaking her contract with Network 10.
"Timm is one of those people, I am one of those people, when I make a connection with somebody, I don't care about contracts," she said.

Moreover, a 'friend' of Angie's apparently told New Idea that when it comes to Ciarran, their connection is still "strong".

"Ciarran and Angie weren't in touch at all during the run of the show," they reportedly said.

"But there have now been emotional messages. They definitely still have a strong connection."

4. THE ALLEGED "COUPLE CONTRACT" AND THE "BACHIE BUBBLE"

Speculation as to whether the show imposes a sort of 'couple's contract' requiring the Bachelor/Bachelorette and their winner to appear to be together for a few months post-finale isn't new, but has gotten stronger of late.

The topic of 'the contract' even came up when both Angie and Carlin appeared on Have You Been Paying Attention recently. During their appearance, Angie was asked to comment on Bachelor Matt Agnew and Chelsie McLeod's recent breakup, she described what she called the "Bachie Bubble" and the need to "create a connection" after leaving the show.

"Once you get out of the Bachie bubble, it's up to you to then kind of create a connection and see how it goes," she said. "It's hardcore."

Show host Tom Gleisner then quipped, "Sometimes in life couples reach a natural end to their contractual agreements". Beyond laughter, Angie seemingly had no response to the comment.

Furthermore, in the wake of Matt and Chelsie's curiously timed split (they publicly announced their split about two months after the finale aired, after less than six months together), online punters were at one stage predicting that Angie and Carlin's relationship will follow suit and end their relationship in t-minus 59 days since the finale aired.

So there you have it. And while we're not going to say that we're the biggest Angie-Carlin supporters ever (Timm and Ciarran forever), for their sake, let's hope rumours are just that: rumours.

Source

Or this...

Bachelorette Angie and Carlin's awkward TV clash

A tell-tale sign about the state of their relationship - by Nadia Elshawarby

20 NOV 2019

If looks could kill, Carlin Sterritt would no longer be with us! The fitness instructor got into a bit of an on-screen clash with his new girlfriend, Angie Kent during their appearance on Have You Been Paying Attention.

The couple, who went public with their romance just under two weeks ago have already been plagued by split rumours.

While many are refusing to believe their relationship has already hit rock bottom, new photos showing the couple in a tense confrontation definitely adds more weight to claims they're gearing up to announce their separation in the near future.

On Monday, the former Gogglebox star and her actor boyfriend were spotted inside a Melbourne shopping centre where, according to onlookers, they seemed "distant" and disinterested in chatting.

After what the spy described as a "heated conversation", Angie and Carlin are said to have spent the rest of the outing on their mobile phones.

Furthermore, Sportsbet punters claimed the odds of Angie and Carlin staying together for more than 59 days was slim.

"Angie cried a lot in the final episodes when she sent some of the guys packing. Carlin was definitely not the crowd favourite and we’re tipping he won’t be Angie’s for too much longer," said sportsbet.com.au’s Rich Hummerston.

Seriously, there hasn't been this much post-show skepticism and negativity since Sophie & Stu IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 66 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify