SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 11 of 66 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 38 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by rosefun Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:49 pm

wow a lot has been said on here since I last looked.

Personally and firstly I just want to say to Angie and Carlin's fans on here, I get it and your defensiveness... I remember getting ssso involved in my defense of Sam & Snez on another forum in their season, man did I become invested! I also did the same to some extent with Sophie and Stu laugh out loud.

I respect your fandom and for that reason I wouldn't visit Angie & Carlin's fan page and post my opinions or negativity. But here on the general discussion thread and on Angie season thread, I think there's been a lot of links and fact backing up why people doubt the sincerity of love story or the motives of why they did the show. They aren't unique if they did the show for exposure. And questioning their sincerity isn't saying that they're 'bad people' either or wishing them bad as some people seem to have defensively interpreted it.

I know for me, most of my posts about them have simply been reacting to the  '100% genuine", "100% sincere" etc fan posts in the thread because I don't get it, but again I'll be happy to be wrong.

Imo, the bottom line is that we can all wish people well and be happy to be wrong while still having an opinion based on what we see.

cheers.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:52 pm

The paps know where it's at - their captions are always revealing IMO.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 11 H8YcW1Q

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:11 pm

Vjeff wrote:
sprout wrote:I am so glad I’m not in the public spotlight so that my every facial expression is scrutinised and untrue things written as a result laugh out loud 
JMO

Lucky for you you choose not to be! Everyone in the public eye from reality TV 100% knows what they are signing up for!
Of course! It takes a strong person not to be affected by these lies imo and I think Angie and Carlin are doing a good job of remaining positive. 
P.s shouldn’t there be an imo or JMO in your post? I thought that was one of the rules of the forum?
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:17 pm

rosefun wrote: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 11 3806527698 wow a lot has been said on here since I last looked.

Personally and firstly I just want to say to Angie and Carlin's fans on here, I get it and your defensiveness... I remember getting ssso involved in my defense of Sam & Snez on another forum in their season, man did I become invested! I also did the same to some extent with Sophie and Stu laugh out loud.

I respect your fandom and for that reason I wouldn't visit Angie & Carlin's fan page and post my opinions or negativity. But here on the general discussion thread and on Angie season thread, I think there's been a lot of links and fact backing up why people doubt the sincerity of love story or the motives of why they did the show. They aren't unique if they did the show for exposure. And questioning their sincerity isn't saying that they're 'bad people' either or wishing them bad as some people seem to have defensively interpreted it.

I know for me, most of my posts about them have simply been reacting to the  '100% genuine", "100% sincere" etc fan posts in the thread because I don't get it, but again I'll be happy to be wrong.

Imo, the bottom line is that we can all wish people well and be happy to be wrong while still having an opinion based on what we see.

cheers.
Imo, media articles are not all based on fact though, so I don’t automatically believe these just because a ‘source close to the family’ or who ever has apparently divulged this info 😂 
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:24 pm

Pongo wrote:I saw Angie and Carlin on Have You Been Paying Attention (HYBPA). Carlin was actually kind of funny/likeable unlike his persona on the show. In contrast Angie's face didn't move at all due to all the work she has had done.

I really hope the next person Bachelorette they cast has not had any work done. It is sending the wrong message to young girls IMO.

totally agree and so well said! Sad thing is that anyone with natural beauty usually gets picked to pieces and manufactured beauty is becoming the norm. I think Angie is naturally pretty and I actually feel sorry for her and most of them who must feel the pressure to conform.

On a side note, I saw a picture of Angie recently and I seriously thought it was Abbie. Unfortunately I can't post links yet, but has anyone else experience the same?
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:06 am

sprout wrote:
Just Looking wrote:P@Vjeff my view on all of these couples is that it doesn’t matter what they do for work or money.   If they like each other and/or fall in love that’s wonderful.  If they get some exposure or opportunities along the way, then good on them. As long as they are happ and that’s down to them. Of course JMO
I agree. Why is shilling so frowned upon? What people do for a living is up to them.  :yes:
JMO

Yep I agree to a point, nearly all of them do it for some type of exposure anyway imo.  But I also think its ok that those with jobs that are totally about media and sales are going to cop more scrutiny about whether they're genuinly looking for love or purely doing it for exposure. Sophie Monk copped it quite harshly, even got it from her peers in the industry (I explain further if you dont know what I mean).

Personally I believe that if the connection/love is real, the couple will rise above the negativity and laugh it off anyway.

About the bold ("why is shilling so frowned upon? What people do for a living is up to them") ... I really wish I could post a screen shot of the definition of 'shilling'!...

I don't see shilling as "bad", I just simply value transparency, fact and honesty when I buy into something.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:26 am

Storybook wrote:I watched this program last night. I am at a loss to know why the media are so cruel to Angie and Carlin. They both laughed along with the host and panel at what was said to them. Carlin owned up to not having yet read Angie's book (he knows Angie's past from Angie herself so he doesn't need to read it, although I'm sure he will). Carlin was made to feel "bad" by the panel and Angie went along with it, but it was all in good fun.
I feel sorry for Carlin and Angie, every facial expression is scrutinised and a negative story is written about them.

I thought Angie and Carlin handled HYBPA really well too (assuming thats the program).
As you said, they laughed along with it and copped being roasted. I don't think it was cruel or they got that much more of a roasting than some of the other bach couples (although I'm not a fan of humour that is personal and laughs AT a person.). Also Angie comes from a background of that type of humour (Googlebox) anyway so I'm sure she would have expected it and been prepared. Plus in her closeness with Carlin, he would have got the heads up what to expect.
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:43 am

Tiggerlgh wrote:Reminder - This is a General Discussion thread.  Posters can post what they want about the contestants however, we do not allow posters to snark about other posters or tell them what they can or cannot post.  Post has been deleted

I have a question because I want to make sure I don't break any rule. Are we allowed to criticise here the posts we see on Facebook and Instagram? I ask this because I reproach the conduct and attitude of those who harass contestants/leads in those platforms, I find that behaviour highly dysfunctional and toxic- and in the past I have seen other members of the forum here doing the same: criticising comments/posters they see on Facebook, Instagram and under the 'comments' section of the Daily Mail. I hope whenever I refer to social media and criticise interactions there, it is clear that I am talking about behaviour I see on Facebook and Instagram, and I am in no way alluding to any poster of this forum because other than seeing those posters here I have no idea what they do, where they post and if they comment on Facebook or Instagram.
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:44 am

Genevieve Australia wrote:
Azzurra wrote:
Pongo wrote:I saw Angie and Carlin on Have You Been Paying Attention (HYBPA). Carlin was actually kind of funny/likeable unlike his persona on the show. In contrast Angie's face didn't move at all due to all the work she has had done.

I really hope the next person Bachelorette they cast has not had any work done. It is sending the wrong message to young girls IMO.
I am starting to believe that Carlin was more genuine than her after all... Maybe as a person he is not that bad, if one forgets about his white lies about acting.
anyway.

Carlin is not bad at all. I have seen comments of some people here saying that they know people who know Carlin, and all of them think highly of him. I also happen to know some people who know Carlin well and all agree that Carlin is a really really nice guy in real life. The negative opinion some people have about him is based on the show, which is edited to the extreme.  Even the trashy tabloids revealed that all the guys like Carlin and found him genuine.  Basically, I see no reason to believe that Carlin was dishonest, he omitted things because he didn't want to be stereotyped, and just take a look at the social media, the moment people started seeing him on TV (apparently his ads were on from week 1, so on Facebook people wrote about those ads), people became suspicious! They thought that since he was an actor then he was there for the wrong reasons. Those comments were posted even before the episode in which Jamie discussed his concerns about Carlin with Angie, aired. Carlin was right expecting people reacting that way, the bias were strong.

One observation: most of what Carlin does is considered as modelling not acting. Here in Australia, and I believe also in some  European countries, saying that you are a professional actor when you are predominantly doing TV ads and sporadic extras is a bit weird, and is looked down. I understand why Carlin didn't want to call himself an actor, what he does is side acting and extras (not really acting) but that is not his main job. One thing, Azzurra @Azzurra  I don't understand  your comment saying that you don't think Carlin would have 'the audacity to go to castings'. Why not? He is part of an agency, I used to go to castings in my 20s and did some ads. I don't see the problem with it, it is fun, extra cash and if they think you are the type and like your work you got the job. A casual model is called by agencies who receive commissions. I never put much effort into it at all because I had a career, it was just fun. I think another poster mentioned here that her sister was also doing some acting yet she had a career. Ads are really not big deals.

Hi Genevieve, I agree with you saying "Carlin is not bad at all" but honestly I don't think its about whether a person is "good" or "bad", at least I hope not cos that's just wrong in my eyes. I want to clarify a lot of what you've said about actors, modeling etc, see bold,  are you saying Carin is not an actor as in that he doesn't or hasn't done it professionally?
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:48 am

sprout wrote:
Vjeff wrote:
sprout wrote:I am so glad I’m not in the public spotlight so that my every facial expression is scrutinised and untrue things written as a result laugh out loud 
JMO

Lucky for you you choose not to be! Everyone in the public eye from reality TV 100% knows what they are signing up for!
Of course! It takes a strong person not to be affected by these lies imo and I think Angie and Carlin are doing a good job of remaining positive. 
P.s shouldn’t there be an imo or JMO in your post? I thought that was one of the rules of the forum?

It is the rules of the forum if it is an opinion I thought? Def not my opinion that people know they are going to be famous when they sign up for a reality show. The vast majority of Australians either have seen a gossip magazine or have access to social media, and are therefore familiar with the concept of celebrity gossip. For me there is no way you sign up to be a reality TV show and don't know fame comes with that - that to me is factual, if you think either of them honestly didn't know the show would be aired to the public then yeah IMO...laugh out loud.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:56 am

Genevieve Australia wrote:
rosefun wrote:wow a lot has been said on here since I last looked.

But here on the general discussion thread and on Angie season thread, I think there's been a lot of links and fact backing up why people doubt the sincerity of love story or the motives of why they did the show. They aren't unique if they did the show for exposure. And questioning their sincerity isn't saying that they're 'bad people' either or wishing them bad as some people seem to have defensively interpreted it.

cheers.

Rose, I do not think we can talk about 'facts' when we refer to tabloids because otherwise how many children would Jennifer Aniston would have and how many times would she have reconcile with Brad Pitt?. I think those of us who choose to believe that Carlin and Angie's relationship is real have every right to question the veracity of those reports, especially when considering the credibility of those magazines, and knowing fully that most of those times the sources they talk about are fictional IMO.

One more thing, based on the guidelines and rules of the forum that I have carefully read, the general thread is designed for both  criticism of the couple and also for posts supporting the couple, otherwise the thread would not be called general thread. All views are welcome here on the General Thread, so to suggest that those who really like Carlin and Angie stay on the Fan thread is imprudent. Finally, I have never considered myself as a fan of the couple  and IMO it is not fair to insinuate or affirm that people are been 'defensive' here due to their status as 'fans'; that comes across as a bit snarky (even if that was not your intention) and IMO here, there are arguments presented and also counter-arguments so I don't consider counter-arguments as a display of 'defensiveness' or 'fandom' .

Hi Genevieve Australia, I'm really happy to engage and respectfully reply to you or anyone (including explaining or apologising) but somehow you've cut off my full post which imo totally changes the connotation of what I posted. If it was an accident on your part, would you mind re-posting my post as I originally posted it and I'll reply. Thank you and all the best
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:33 am

@Bobette Angie lives in Brisbane or GC, Carlin lives in Sydney so I suspect its as simple as Angie returning home and nothing more. Carlin has a home and a job in Sydney and Sngie has said she’ll be moving to Sydney by early next year. She has also just confirmed on IG that they are still very much together

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 66 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 38 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify