SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 30 of 66 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 48 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 30 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by rosefun Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:41 am

Bobette wrote:
rosefun wrote:snipped...
Maybe me being harsh but right now I feel the best that has come out of the season will be the contestants on BP.

Yep, agreed.  None of the contestants ticked all the boxes Angie said she was looking for in a partner IMO so I think most were cast with BiP or other roles in mind.  It's like they didn't even bother to find her a proper match IMO, other than maybe Ryan.

Angie's whole season just felt half-baked to me.  Filmed entirely in NSW, contestants dropping like flies, no strong connections with anyone IMO, and a totally non-sensical FRC (seriously, who calls someone their soulmate and then picks the other dude..? dizzy )  

IMO she's now backed herself into a corner by ending up with an F1 who doesn't fit the image many people (rightly or wrongly) had of her as being a funny, goofy girl next door.  She'll either need to rebrand herself or split and admit it was a mistake IMO.

ETA:  Yeah nah sorry I really can't see Carlin "veging out and playing beer pong" with the Kents - that wouldn't fit with the sleek image he's put so much effort into crafting for himself IMO.  A few sponsored, ephemeral IG stories are more his style.  Rolling Eyes  

Bachelorette Angie Kent reflects on her year and looks forward to spending time with 'family and friends' at Christmas - but doesn't mention boyfriend Carlin Sterritt after he was forced to defend their relationship

Angie Kent took to Instagram on Tuesday to reflect on her year and reveal her Christmas plans.

Alongside a photo of herself looking pensive, the 29-year-old wrote: 'What a year! Not long now until I can full veg out 'Kent style' and celebrate the year that was!

'Sleeping, eating, dranking and lots of loving with friends and fam. Counting down the days until 'The Infamous Kent Boxing Day Beer Pong Championships' begins.

She concluded: 'You all ready for this? I love Christmas time so much it hurts my Christmas gut!'

Although she mentioned friends and family, Angie did not refer to her boyfriend and Bachelorette winner Carlin Sterritt.

Source
@Bobette IA that none of them seemed to tick what Angie said she wanted but maybe this is where I’m harsher than you – IMO Carlin ticked her new morphed image (rebranding) box perfectly. They're in sync with their marketing partnership and he’s the ideal model/actor accessory. Just looking at those AACTA photos, he’s the perfect fit for the role from the aesthetics, ambition and marketing expertise view too. I’m cynical enough to suspect he was handpicked for the role from the start (rather than him being her love choice from the start).

Yep so true about the nonsensical things said at the FRC, just nuts.

I don’t see that she’s really backed herself into a corner b/c I think she’s already rebranded herself to what she wanted. She wouldn’t be fussed about people like us and our opinions. As long as those opinions don’t affect her future opportunities and plans. They’ve probably already ticked the main boxes they wanted to tick anyway. And it will still be easy to show a united loved up front while living in different states. Even 5mins together on Christmas day etc with an IG story keeps it going. Fans are forgiving and it’s going to be easy for them ‘drift apart’ or break up for whatever reason imo. But yeh, will be interesting to see if the Christmas period extends to Carlin ‘veging out playing beer pong’, laugh out loud totally get you there.

Also being backed in a corner might happen more if paparazzi pics start appearing, we’ve not seen many pap photos yet have we, or maybe more insider stories about it being staged surfacing. I don’t think it matters now tho, people will forget. Really, I think the show may have done more long term harm to Carlin’s brand and his authentic clean image, but I’m probably wrong there too b/c the exposure seems to have his IG growing, plus the invite to the AACTA awards etc as you mentioned in another post.

There's been a lot of unique firsts in Angie's series. (happy to be corrected if I'm wrong)
First time, never happened in any of the other 11 seasons of bach shows where:
-F1/Carlin's -  Occupation: Fittness Instructor/Actor (as listed on wiki now).
-F1/Carlin - seen and heard on our screens lying. (denying his acting status).
-F1/Carlin – receiving yellow rose and 24hr date in 1st episode.
-Lead/Angie - says at FRC she loves 50% of f2 and 50% of F1, and then says to her F2 that he is her soulmate, and asks F2 why he isnt sad... all just bizarre imo.
-Other celebs associated to Channel 10 plugging for Angie and Carlin as a couple (Beau Ryan & Brenton Parkes)
-Lead/Angie - releases Debut Book 2 days before final episode (final episode Nov 14th, Book release Nov 12th)
-Lead/Angie's - profit making venture plugged on Channel 10 HYBPA  (4 days after final aired, and during the usual media rounds that are supposedly about the show and the couples being loved up).
-Post show media rounds and couple’s public appearances/activity predominately about Angie’s book & book signing.

Has made me wonder if the book plug was part of Angies deal with channel 10?

ok I think I'm done with my over-analyzing & ranting, and I need to let it go (too much digesting by me - giving myself and probably others indigestion) laugh out loud
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 30 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Vjeff Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:46 am

Bobette wrote:(seriously, who calls someone their soulmate and then picks the other dude..? dizzy )  

Someone more concerned about making good TV than the feelings of another human being. JMO
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:45 pm

Bobette wrote:
@rosefun Thank you Smiley

Yes, Angie knows the industry well.  She worked in production/marketing for years and she and Yvie have direct links to Bach producers - that's how they got cast for Gogglebox (as mentioned in this interview)

It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.  I can't see her going back to being perceived as dorky/relatable unless she admits she's been putting on an act which wouldn't sit well with the public IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised to see her team up with Mamamia in some way - guest columnist or similar - there's things going on behind the scenes there IMO.  But for now it seems to be all about book sales and shilling.
@Bobette I wouldnt be reading Mamamia if that happened. I think I've become to tainted with my bs radar now and what I see as dishonesty in painting it all as being so genuine. Maybe me being harsh but right now I feel the best that has come out of the season will be the contestants on BP.

I already think mamamia is disingenuous. Mia Freedman has always been a BS PR machine, jmo.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1342

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:10 pm

leavers wrote:I already think mamamia is disingenuous. Mia Freedman has always been a BS PR machine, jmo.  

@leavers :yes: Totally agree.  

And Angie was sucking up to her so hard when they did that carefully worded/scripted podcast IMO.  Suspect

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 30 PVmOWHo

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:04 pm

I will never forget how Freedman defended not paying for her writers' work because it gave them "exposure" no no no Rolling Eyes
So she had to start paying them https://mumbrella.com.au/mamamia-to-pay-contributors-167891 ... from her "small independent startup".  Yeah sure Mia you were very poor and humble and not already very high up in the Australian media world...

So yeah I take a dim view of anyone who wants to get in her good graces.
imo
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1342

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:23 pm

I don't follow Angie on Facebook because I don't really follow any celebrity on Facebook (unless I know them because they are friends), but I went to see her profile today and I found this, and I really liked her comment. Some people say that it sounds as if she was proposing to Carlin, which clearly is not the case; nevertheless it is a very sweet and thoughtful message.  I especially like these words she says to Carlin: 'I truly can’t picture myself awkward dancing in a kitchen with anyone else but you @carlinsterritt will you please accept this awkward dancer forever rose? @carlinsterritt
#allforyou #shakinthatthanglikeineverdidsee '

I have no doubts that they are a genuinely in love couple Smiley  I have no intentions to try to convince those who do not believe so, I respect everyone's opinions but I  don't share people's doubts. IMO  Carlin and Angie don't have to spend Christmas together to prove to themselves, to their families, or to anyone that they are in love.  IMO Carlin and Angie know what they have and in the end that is all that matters to them Smiley @sprout @Just Looking @astrobach I think you are going to like this post (Angie's Instagram) , if you haven't seen it yet Smiley
https://www.instagram.com/p/B56dfSflnpe/

Last edited by Genevieve Australia on Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:46 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : trying to show the full post here)

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 30 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:31 pm

@Genevieve Australia
Thanks a lot! :swinginglove
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by catsamber500 Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:08 pm

@Bobette IA that none of them seemed to tick what Angie said she wanted but maybe this is where I’m harsher than you – IMO Carlin ticked her new morphed image (rebranding) box perfectly. They're in sync with their marketing partnership and he’s the ideal model/actor accessory. Just looking at those AACTA photos, he’s the perfect fit for the role from the aesthetics, ambition and marketing expertise view too. I’m cynical enough to suspect he was handpicked for the role from the start (rather than him being her love choice from the start).

Yep so true about the nonsensical things said at the FRC, just nuts.

I don’t see that she’s really backed herself into a corner b/c I think she’s already rebranded herself to what she wanted. She wouldn’t be fussed about people like us and our opinions. As long as those opinions don’t affect her future opportunities and plans. They’ve probably already ticked the main boxes they wanted to tick anyway. And it will still be easy to show a united loved up front while living in different states. Even 5mins together on Christmas day etc with an IG story keeps it going. Fans are forgiving and it’s going to be easy for them ‘drift apart’ or break up for whatever reason imo. But yeh, will be interesting to see if the Christmas period extends to Carlin ‘veging out playing beer pong’, laugh out loud totally get you there.

Also being backed in a corner might happen more if paparazzi pics start appearing, we’ve not seen many pap photos yet have we, or maybe more insider stories about it being staged surfacing. I don’t think it matters now tho, people will forget. Really, I think the show may have done more long term harm to Carlin’s brand and his authentic clean image, but I’m probably wrong there too b/c the exposure seems to have his IG growing, plus the invite to the AACTA awards etc as you mentioned in another post.

There's been a lot of unique firsts in Angie's series. (happy to be corrected if I'm wrong)
First time, never happened in any of the other 11 seasons of bach shows where:
-F1/Carlin's -  Occupation: Fittness Instructor/Actor (as listed on wiki now).
-F1/Carlin - seen and heard on our screens lying. (denying his acting status).
-F1/Carlin – receiving yellow rose and 24hr date in 1st episode.
-Lead/Angie - says at FRC she loves 50% of f2 and 50% of F1, and then says to her F2 that he is her soulmate, and asks F2 why he isnt sad... all just bizarre imo.
-Other celebs associated to Channel 10 plugging for Angie and Carlin as a couple (Beau Ryan & Brenton Parkes)
-Lead/Angie - releases Debut Book 2 days before final episode (final episode Nov 14th, Book release Nov 12th)
-Lead/Angie's - profit making venture plugged on Channel 10 HYBPA  (4 days after final aired, and during the usual media rounds that are supposedly about the show and the couples being loved up).
-Post show media rounds and couple’s public appearances/activity predominately about Angie’s book & book signing.

Has made me wonder if the book plug was part of Angies deal with channel 10?

ok I think I'm done with my over-analyzing & ranting, and I need to let it go (too much digesting by me - giving myself and probably others indigestion) laugh out loud

@rosefun thank you for you kind words earlier.  I do agree with some of what you have mentioned here.  I had no preconceived ideas about Angie having never watched Gogglebox or the last season of I'm a Celebrity, So just going by how she was on the Bachelorette and post show I think that Carlin was the best match for her. Not just from a marketing/aesthetics point of view (although that is definitely there), but they do seem to genuinely like each other and enjoy each other's company and from what I saw on the batchelorette, they did appear to be into each other IMO. If they can market their relationship and get more work/publicity/opportunities from it, more power to them I guess and why wouldn't they capitalise on it?

The actor thing really didn't bother me. An aspiring actor is going to fit in well with Angie's lifestyle and enjoy the limelight and publicity. He appears to have only done a few small forgettable parts and one independent film that hasn't been released and possibly never will if they don't get funding. As fοr AACTA I don't think he was personally invited. He said he was there to support Angie, so I would say she was invited (and presented an award) due to her reality tv appearances this year and Carlin was her +1.

Also with the book IMO it would part of her contract with Channel 10, and it makes good business sense to promote the book straight of the back off the TV show when you have alot more people who would be interested in meeting her/buying the book from seeing her on TV.

catsamber500
catsamber500

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:19 am

Thank you @Genevieve Australia. Lovely words from Angie and I’m totally feeling it between them.
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by catsamber500 Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:39 am

Alex's comment made me laugh giggling
bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 30 Annota10

Source
catsamber500
catsamber500

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:45 pm

catsamber500 wrote:Alex's comment made me laugh  giggling
bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 30 Annota10

Source
Kind of mean behaviour....disappointed in both of them. It always left a bad taste in my mouth this season that they exploited someone with such clearly fragile mental health. Not nice to call it out in comments.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:16 pm

@Vjeff He also tagged Angie even though she's not in the pic - an obvious attempt to draw more traffic to his page IMO.  It seems she's become one of his marketing tools.

bacheloretteau - Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 30 Vcl6c1G

Source

If he were actually trying to dispel split rumours, wouldn't it have made more sense to post a pic of him with Angie, rather than yet another modelling photo of himself?
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 66 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 48 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify