SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 34 of 66 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 34 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:22 am

@Genevieve Australia Tim and Anna have an established, long term relationship - it's a totally different situation IMO.  Carlin and Angie appear to have spent NO time in each other's real lives - only their few dates in the Bachie bubble, a couple of SHVs, and a luxury holiday.  

If they don't see each other till after Xmas, that will be 3+ weeks apart.  As @Vjeff says, it's a bit rich for them to be professing love for each other in one breath and then not seeing each other for weeks on end, especially when they are (relatively) close for the weekend.

Carlin wasn't working - he was attending a party and "networking" - and Angie is unemployed.  Why not stay an extra day and see something of Angie's REAL life? IMO the fact that they chose not to does little to change the perception that their relationship is a sham.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 34 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by catsamber500 Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:45 am

Bobette wrote:@Genevieve Australia Tim and Anna have an established, long term relationship - it's a totally different situation IMO.  Carlin and Angie appear to have spent NO time in each other's real lives - only their few dates in the Bachie bubble, a couple of SHVs, and a luxury holiday.  

If they don't see each other till after Xmas, that will be 3+ weeks apart.  As @Vjeff says, it's a bit rich for them to be professing love for each other in one breath and then not seeing each other for weeks on end, especially when they are (relatively) close for the weekend.

Carlin wasn't working - he was attending a party and "networking" - and Angie is unemployed.  Why not stay an extra day and see something of Angie's REAL life?  IMO the fact that they chose not to does little to change the perception that their relationship is a sham.

Angie had 3 book talk/signings yesterday, so it probably just wasn't feasible to meet up with Carlin.

Also Angie admitted on the Bachelorette that she hadn't had a boyfriend in 8 or 9 years (since she was 21-22).  Having spent that long being an independent free spirit, it would be very difficult IMO to adjust to now being part of a couple.  I'm not surprised she wants to take it slow and probably needs to spend time apart as well as together as she adjusts to the new dynamic.  All JMO.
catsamber500
catsamber500

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:24 am

catsamber500 wrote:...snipped

Also Angie admitted on the Bachelorette that she hadn't had a boyfriend in 8 or 9 years (since she was 21-22).  Having spent that long being an independent free spirit, it would be very difficult IMO to adjust to now being part of a couple.  I'm not surprised she wants to take it slow and probably needs to spend time apart as well as together as she adjusts to the new dynamic.  All JMO.

Angie was the one who dropped the L-bomb at the FRC - after only spending a couple of days max total time with Carlin.  That's not taking it slow IMO - it's ridiculously OTT, especially for someone who claims to have never been in love before.  

I don't believe she meant it - IMO it was just part of the script - but by saying she's *in love*, Angie set the tone for how serious their relationship supposedly is - and IMO she can't now act like they're just casually dating; it's contradictory, IMO.

What's happened since the finale - only seeing each other at events/on holidays then not seeing each other for weeks, her admitting they fight and he gives her "the sh*ts" - is IMO a more accurate reflection of where their relationship is really at.  

Angie does not seem to me like someone trying to adjust to a new dynamic - in fact quite the opposite.  IMO she's just incorporating Carlin into her life in a superficial way while still doing her own thing (hanging with her fam/promoting her book).
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:26 pm

How dare Angie have her own life - she should totally be giving up her career aspirations to be superglued to Carlin’s side cantstopl

Imo, they are a normal couple who are secure in themselves, and in their relationship, to not have to be joined at the hip. Angie will be moving to be closer to Carlin very soon, despite them only being together for a short time. I was in a long distance relationships for almost three years before my partner moved to be closer to me! We were a very committed couple despite this.

I think there’s some very unrealistic expectations on this couple.

JMO

sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:43 pm

1. I haven't seen any one suggest they should be superglued to each other or joined at the hip, and I wouldn't expect them to be, because IMO they are separate individuals who are just sharing a common brand for mutually-beneficial publicity.  

2. From the way she's spoken about how Sydney "will suck me back in like it always does", IMO Angie had planned to move back to Sydney anyway and isn't moving specifically to be closer to Carlin - it's just a handy coincidence he lives there.

3. IMO it's not normal to profess love for someone at such an early stage and then, after spending a small amount of time together, to be arguing and saying they give you "the sh*ts".  That doesn't sound like a secure (or healthy) relationship to me.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Expecting a new couple to see each other while in the same area after being apart and not really knowing each other is not expecting them to be joined at the hip IMHO.

Not seeing each other IMHO, is not making an effort, from what I can see and have read. There are other couples USA Jojo and Jordan for example, who would take more than one flight in a span of 24 hours to meet up with Jojo for a very short time before jetting off to his next gig is IMO making the effort.

We all have different opinions, we sleuth, we post what we find as facts and we speculate. We are not trying to change anyone's mind and we never criticize anyone's opinion. Every one can believe what they choose. Smiley

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:58 pm

I don’t expect them to be joined at the hip, nor would I ever advocate for any woman to put her career on hold for a man. I’m just not seeing the effort from either party to inconvenience themselves just a tiny bit in order to spend time with the person they say they’re in love with. This relationship just seems like both of them are biding their time until they can break up without backlash, which I expect to happen roughly one month after Angie moves to Sydney. All Jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:48 am

Seems like they are meeting up.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 34 Dgdw5XU
Source

I do not understand the theory that they are pulling this elaborate relationship hoax, especially when they write posts like these.  I do not say that it will last forever, because who knows that, but I believe they have a real relationship.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 34 BPSYsPX
Source

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:20 am

Agent99 wrote:Seems like they are meeting up.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 34 Dgdw5XU
Source

I do not understand the theory that they are pulling this elaborate relationship hoax, especially when they write posts like these.  I do not say that it will last forever, because who knows that, but I believe they have a real relationship.  

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 34 BPSYsPX
Source

I don’t get it either. This isn’t Hollywood! Sham celebrity couples are not a ‘thing’ in Australia. Regardless of whether they last or not, what I’m seeing is a real couple in the early stages of a relationship.
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Genevieve Australia Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:26 am

Bobette wrote:@Genevieve Australia Tim and Anna have an established, long term relationship - it's a totally different situation IMO.  Carlin and Angie appear to have spent NO time in each other's real lives - only their few dates in the Bachie bubble, a couple of SHVs, and a luxury holiday.  

Carlin wasn't working - he was attending a party and "networking" - and Angie is unemployed.  Why not stay an extra day and see something of Angie's REAL life?  IMO the fact that they chose not to does little to change the perception that their relationship is a sham.

Bobette, In my post I observed that Anna and Tim's relationship is solid but that it has  been object of scrutiny since it started several years ago so the gossip isn't new, it was always there.  I only mentioned Tim and Anna as an example of how rumours and reality are different things and how some couples can successfully negotiate their roles in their relationships even when other couples would never adopt that approach or if they did they would probably fail. Individuals have different needs. There is no single approach to a great relationship. That is why IMO the fact that Angie and Carlin have chosen not to spend all that time together is not symptomatic of relationship problems or of a spurious relationship: correlation doesn't equal causation, but I am not here trying to convince anyone, I am just expressing my views.  There is one point in which I agree with you Bobette, I elaborate below.

IMO Carlin and Angie are sincere but they  will eventually break up, the reason why I believe that is different from yours Bobette,  IMO Angie and Carlin are in love now , but love is not enough and IMO  Angie is not fully ready to be in a long-term relationship. I, as you @Bobette don't really appreciate some of Angie's comments. Perhaps that is just the way she talks! Who knows!  I  think Carlin is a lovely guy but IMO  Carlin needs someone more stable than Angie. Furthermore, IMO Carlin loves the idea of love but he may not be ready for a second marriage/second long-term relationship just yet, even if he thinks he is ready. Having fun, happy times only takes a couple so far, there will be challenges and I am not sure if, at this stage, Carlin and Angie are ready  to face those challenges together as a couple. I am happy to be proven wrong though, but since I am not a 'fan', I have to say what I feel.

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 34 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:27 am

@Agent99 @sprout
I see it the same way. I also read a post from Carlin replying to a negative comment on his IG where he basically stated that to send cruel / negative comments to a total stranger reflects more about the sender’s character than the recipient himself and it’s saddens him to see that.
In my Astrology analysis, I see several strong contacts with Pluto and these are not for the faint of heart. There are conflicts and powers struggles. ( like all couples) and it’s HOW they deal with these, to find resolution and team up to face the challenges that will make this a powerful relationship. There is also a strong passionate and deep connection that we may not be privy to but does exist and bind them as strongly physically as it does emotionally. This is a highly transformative relationship and since they do have very good communication between them, ( with Mercury in trine to each other and to their Mars and Venus, which is really ideal) I have good hopes that they could be lasting longer than many speculate. I also do not see any sign of deception either to each other or as character traits. These are two very bluntly honest people.

JMOAA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:34 am

Agent99 wrote:Seems like they are meeting up.

Source
...snipped

And here is the the next frame in that IG story.  IMO this is the real reason she's going to Sydney - an invitation to get her face on TV again (and probably promote her book IMO).    

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 34 GNShQ7k

Source

Previously they had both indicated they wouldn't be seeing each other till after Xmas, so this was probably a last minute thing.  She wasn't planning to go just to see Carlin, IMO.

sprout wrote:...snipped
Sham celebrity couples are not a ‘thing’ in Australia.
...snipped

IMO Sophie and Stu were a sham.  Matt and Chelsie I'd class as borderline.  If Nick had bowed to pressure to pick someone, that would have been a sham too IMO.  

And then there's the numerous short-lived couples to come out of BiP AU over two seasons.  I haven't seen an AU couple I felt were genuine since Matty and Laura.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 66 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify