SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 35 of 66 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 50 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 35 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by sprout Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:54 am

I don’t see the problem with them changing their plans - nothing is set in stone.
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 35 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by sprout Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:57 am

@Bobette sham couples are not that prevalent in Australia imo. I don’t believe Sophie and Stu were a real couple, but I do think Carlin and Angie are. Short lived relationships does not automatically mean sham imo.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:05 am

sprout wrote:@Bobette sham couples are not that prevalent in Australia imo. I don’t believe Sophie and Stu were a real couple, but I do think Carlin and Angie are. Short lived relationships does not automatically mean sham imo.

Agreed. Sham means not what it is purported to be. Many relationships to come out of Bach/Bette Au fall under that category IMO, even some of the longer-lasting ones.

Not to mention ex-contestants hooking up with each other and staging pap photos for attention - also shams, IMO. And don't even get me started on MAFS and Love Island...
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:07 am

If you allow me this O/T comment here: I am remembering the aspects in another BN relationship that made me scratch my head a bit and to this day is enduring: Becca and Garrett, who have similar Pluto placements and are an example of how powerful these contacts can be for a couple. Everyone is different in their couple’s dynamic but for some, those deep, competitive and challenging aspects are just what works for them. And let’s not forget, it’s one of the most potent sexual contact ever! Because it’s a deep bond that transcends the physical.
JMOAA

Last edited by Astrobach on Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:10 am

I don't think any of the Bachie AU franchise (that include bette/bip) couples have been total 100% shams (as in there's literally nothing whatsoever between the couple) but I do think there's been a few that are 'mostly publicity/playing along with a bit of a shag as a bonus'.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:44 am

It’s definitely great that Angie & Carlin are meeting up because being in the same general area as your significant other & not seeing each other is effing weird no matter how it’s spun imo.

As for them being a sham, I’ve previously said I don’t think they’re faking their relationship and I stand by that. I do think though that they both know they’re not each other’s forever person & are going along to get along until they can end it. I know tons of real life couples that have been in that situation, it’s not that unusual. All jmo though.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:25 pm

Bobette wrote:
Agent99 wrote:Seems like they are meeting up.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 35 Dgdw5XU
Source
...snipped

And here is the the next frame in that IG story.  IMO this is the real reason she's going to Sydney - an invitation to get her face on TV again (and probably promote her book IMO).    

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 35 GNShQ7k

Source

Previously they had both indicated they wouldn't be seeing each other till after Xmas, so this was probably a last minute thing.  She wasn't planning to go just to see Carlin, IMO.

sprout wrote:...snipped
Sham celebrity couples are not a ‘thing’ in Australia.
...snipped

IMO Sophie and Stu were a sham.  Matt and Chelsie I'd class as borderline.  If Nick had bowed to pressure to pick someone, that would have been a sham too IMO.  

And then there's the numerous short-lived couples to come out of BiP AU over two seasons.  I haven't seen an AU couple I felt were genuine since Matty and Laura.

Agreed. Matt and Chelsie were shamming it for quite a while. All of Chelsie's friends' comments referred to how they could 'finally' say this or that.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:41 am

Angie Kent and Carlin Sterritt are still going strong after finding love on The Bachelorette earlier this year.

But despite their fairy tale beginnings, it seems the pair aren't immune to having arguments - and were forced to admit what they bicker about during an awkward segment on Tuesday's Studio 10.

In a game of 'how well do you know each other', the pair had to answer questions on their relationship with the same response - to prove they're destined to be together.

But when asked what they argued about the most, the duo couldn't come to the same conclusion- with one choosing distance, and the other saying 'not answering phone calls' was the reason behind their feuds.

After host Kerri-Anne Kennerley posed the question, Angie wrote down her answer immediately, which caused Carlin, 30, to mutter: 'I guess it was her quarrel and not mine...'

After an audible gasp, from the hosts, he said: 'I'm only joking.'

'Just be careful what you write,' Angie, 29, uncomfortably responded, causing Kerri-Anne to say: 'I think that was more of a threat.' 'Depending on you answer, it may not be your last fight,' Joe Hildebrand added.

After Carlin took over 30 seconds to write his answer, Angie revealed her response was distance - while he said it was due to ignored phone calls.

Source

Interesting.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:04 am

I enjoyed reading the first line of the article
"Angie Kent and Carlin Sterritt are still going strong after finding love on the Bachelorette . . ."

Finally a positive statement about their relationship. Unfortunately the rest of the article desperately tried to find a problem between them. I honestly think a big deal was made about nothing.

Who would want a public relationship like they have? Not me, but it's what they signed up for.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:57 am

The whole dynamic was weird and awkward IMO and I'm intrigued to know what Angie was worried Carlin would write when she told him "just be careful what you write". Suspect

It's also interesting that she wrote down "distance" so fast, considering it's been speculated upthread that if they do split that would be an easy no-fault excuse to give.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:11 am

It has been reported Angie is moving to Sydney in the New Year so distance won't be a problem when that happens. Maybe Carlin and Angie have had enough of everyone saying they aren't really a couple and don't care what people think anymore.
To me Carlin was genuine regarding his feelings for Angie on the Bachelorette and post show. He has been in a serious relationship and although his marriage didn't work out I think he wants a long term relationship again. Angie said to Carlin on their first date she hasn't been in a serious relationship. They need time and support but instead they have to deal everyday with people expecting them to break up.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:51 am

@Storybook you ate so right here - thank you for posting your views

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 66 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 50 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify