SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 37 of 66 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 51 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 37 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Just Looking Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:29 pm

@sprout Exactly.

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 37 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:39 pm

Norcalgal wrote:
Bobette wrote:snipped

Out of interest I read a bit of her book and it's pretty clear why she needed to be with F1 while promoting it.  The theme is very much "I used to be a workaholic with Daddy issues who avoided relationships but now I realise I can have a career and a man" IMO.

What do you think she means by Daddy issues?

From what I can gather: Alcoholic father.  Ultra-traditional/conservative.  Emotionally distant (from both his wife and kids).  

I wanted so badly to have a fancy-shmancy title at a well-respected production company and show everyone that you don't need to get married and be someone's wife to be... "someone".  I have just seen so many relationships not be equal.  Especially with my mother and father, and my grandparents.

Growing up I also experienced such an interesting relationship with my father that after all that hurt I could not imagine allowing someone who hadn't born me to treat me so terribly.  I thought if my own dad could sometimes pretend I didn't exist, then what could someone who was not my dad do to me.

Honestly much of the intro seems to have been written (or re-written) with Bette in mind.  Making it appear she's in a happy relationship now is almost an epilogue IMO. She couldn't have left single (or split immediately) having written stuff like this IMO.  No wonder the book was timed to release when it did; the whole season feels like part of her ad campaign in retrospect.

I prided myself on being a strong, independent woman 'who don't need no man'!  I still to this day have that thought in the back of my mind.... I felt like I could not have both this really great career and a boyfriend (and, yes, I realise what that sounds like in light of something significant I'm undertaking this year, but we'll get to that later)....

I also believe this 'I can do it ma'self, a**hole' attitude came from having seen so many invest all their happiness into one person and then when that person took it all away from them they literally felt they had nothing.  So, because of this very strong yet misguided way of thinking, I have almost made myself despise relationships....

Them damn daddy issues - you could smell that coming, I'm sure.

Source: Kent, A. If You Don't Laugh You'll Cry Sydney: Hachette, 2019.

She seems to have totally over-thought relationships IMO and built up incredibly strict/specific criteria for who would "qualify" as a partner, and what she expects from a relationship.  Considering she said Timm was her soulmate at the FRC, and has said in post-show interviews she was she was 50/50 on them, I certainly don't see Carlin being able to satisfy her lofty expectations.

From what I've read, I'm not surprised Angie and Carlin are fighting so much.  Girl would be hard work to deal with, IMO.

Last edited by Bobette on Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:04 pm

Bobette wrote:
Norcalgal wrote:
Bobette wrote:snipped

Out of interest I read a bit of her book and it's pretty clear why she needed to be with F1 while promoting it.  The theme is very much "I used to be a workaholic with Daddy issues who avoided relationships but now I realise I can have a career and a man" IMO.

What do you think she means by Daddy issues?

From what I can gather: Alcoholic father.  Ultra-traditional/conservative.  Emotionally distant (from both his wife and kids).  

I wanted so badly to have a fancy-shmancy title at a well-respected production company and show everyone that you don't need to get married and be someone's wife to be... "someone".  I have just seen so many relationships not be equal.  Especially with my mother and father, and my grandparents.

Growing up I also experienced such an interesting relationship with my father than after all that hurt I could not allowing someone who hadn't born me to treat me so terribly.  I thought if my own dad could sometimes pretend I didn't exist, then what could someone who was not my dad do to me.

Honestly much of the intro seems to have been written (or re-written) with Bette in mind.  Making it appear she's in a happy relationship now is almost a prologue IMO. She couldn't have left single (or split immediately) having written stuff like this IMO.  No wonder the book was timed to release when it did; the whole season feels like part of her ad campaign in retrospect.

I prided myself on being a strong, independent woman 'who don't need no man'!  I still to this day have that thought in the back of my mind.... I felt like I could not have both this really great career and a boyfriend (and, yes, I realise what that sounds like in light of something significant I'm undertaking this year, but we'll get to that later)....

I also believe this 'I can do it ma'self, azzhole' attitude came from having seen so many invest all their happiness into one person and then when that person took it all away from them they literally felt they had nothing.  So, because of this very strong yet misguided way of thinking, I have almost made myself despise relationships....

Them damn daddy issues - you could smell that coming, I'm sure.

Source: Kent, A. If You Don't Laugh You'll Cry Sydney: Hachette, 2019.

She seems to have totally over-thought relationships IMO and built up incredibly strict/specific criteria for who would "qualify" as a partner, and what she expects from a relationship.  Considering she said Timm was her soulmate and the FRC, and has said in post-show interviews she was she was 50/50 on them, I certainly don't see Carlin being able to satisfy her lofty expectations.

From what I've read, I'm not surprised Angie and Carlin are fighting so much.  Girl would be hard work to deal with, IMO.

Thanks Bobette - all she is saying makes sense as I found her to be very cold on the show. It was why I was glad she didn't end up with Timm as I found him too warm for her. And agree that she seems like a LOT of work - I think Carlin will get hurt from this relationship. For such a great looking guy who posts so much of himself, he seems to have slightly low self esteem and I think she definitely calls the shots. I give it 2 months. If you can't even get through a TV segment without the bickering this early on, it isn't a good sign. I don't necessarily think they are faking the relationship but I do think she doesn't view it as long term. JMO

On another note, I do find it hilarious when these people talk about juggling their 'career.' Lining up a series of reality show gigs and Insta sponsored posts is hardly a career IMO.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:04 pm

@Vjeff Yeah I'm almost feeling sorry for Carlin at this point TBH.  laugh out loud  In interviews he seems to follow Angie's lead and the way she snapped at him to "be careful" what he wrote is IMO probably reflective of exactly what goes on behind the scenes.  

Angie's book must have been an *interesting* holiday read for Carlin - almost like an instruction manual of what will be expected of him. Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 37 1f62c Dude must have wondered what he'd gotten himself into IMO (though the upside is the fame/exposure of course).

IMO Angie might do better with someone older - perhaps a producer or director or someone she'd deem more "equal" with her - or else someone who's nothing like what she thinks she wants, and would make her disregard her list of expectations entirely.  

Either way Carlin's not that man, IMO.  I agree he seems soft, slightly insecure, and eager to please, which I feel Angie would find a turn-off after the initial physical attraction wore off.  He'll have no trouble finding someone better suited to him, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:57 pm

No way that Carlin and Timm were 50/50 imo. This is just typical Bach speak - I was torn right up until the last minute blah blah blah. Not believable for a moment - Timm was friend zoned by this point.

Being insecure or more invested contradicts the theory that this is a sham relationship.
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:19 pm

IMO the Lead usually says something like "there was an immediate connection with F1 but I had to give the other relationships a chance.  In the end, nothing could compare." 

That's not what Angie said.  She called Timm her soulmate, said she was in love with him, and she was 50/50 between him and Carlin.  She didn't need to say any of that IMO.

Timm is such a character, and falling in love with him... well all of Australia did! Watching him go from this full-on lad to a romantic. Timm and I have spoken a lot. Carlin knows this. He checked on me to ask how I was and he tells me what he's up to. It's very very friendly, and I did say that Timm was my soulmate.

Source

And being insecure supports the theory it's a sham relationship - and he knows it - IMO.  One would feel more secure in a genuine, stable relationship, without bickering and arguments, IMO.

ETA:  It seems Angie and Carlin have now resorted to staging pap opportunities.  Or are we meant to believe that photographers wait outside random rental properties on the off chance reality TV peeps might happen to inspect them?  Rolling Eyes  

Angie and Carlin arrived in separate cars as they waited to be shown the apartment by a real estate representative.

How would they know they arrived in separate cars, had the paps not already been there, waiting for them to arrive?  

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 37 BbJseL5

Also I highly doubt Angie would want to publicise the address where she'll be living (or that she could even afford a swanky place like that in Rose Bay with Harbour views, when she's not currently working).  It's all just for the optics, IMO.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 37 4Mhlgfo

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:48 am

Why does Carlin have a suitcase? Did he just fly in?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:23 am

Could be Angie's suitcase

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:44 am

Bobette wrote:IMO the Lead usually says something like "there was an immediate connection with F1 but I had to give the other relationships a chance.  In the end, nothing could compare." 

That's not what Angie said.  She called Timm her soulmate, said she was in love with him, and she was 50/50 between him and Carlin.  She didn't need to say any of that IMO.

Timm is such a character, and falling in love with him... well all of Australia did! Watching him go from this full-on lad to a romantic. Timm and I have spoken a lot. Carlin knows this. He checked on me to ask how I was and he tells me what he's up to. It's very very friendly, and I did say that Timm was my soulmate.

Source

And being insecure supports the theory it's a sham relationship - and he knows it - IMO.  One would feel more secure in a genuine, stable relationship, without bickering and arguments, IMO.

ETA:  It seems Angie and Carlin have now resorted to staging pap opportunities.  Or are we meant to believe that photographers wait outside random rental properties on the off chance reality TV peeps might happen to inspect them?  Rolling Eyes  

Angie and Carlin arrived in separate cars as they waited to be shown the apartment by a real estate representative.

How would they know they arrived in separate cars, had the paps not already been there, waiting for them to arrive?  

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 37 BbJseL5

Also I highly doubt Angie would want to publicise the address where she'll be living (or that she could even afford a swanky place like that in Rose Bay with Harbour views, when she's not currently working).  It's all just for the optics, IMO.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 37 4Mhlgfo

Source

I have been to a few apartment inspections in Syd lately and there were certainly no paps waiting out the front of any of them LOL
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:56 am

Yep - a total set up IMO.  And OH LOOK, Carlin is now advertising the watch he's wearing in the pap pics, so probably earned an extra few bucks from the company for getting the pics splashed all over the internet IMO.  

I figured there was something going on from the awkward way he's holding his arm in the pap pics, prominently displaying the watch - didn't expect him to be quite so blatant about it but par for the course with this guy IMO.  Rolling Eyes

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 37 W5363bM

Source

Last edited by Bobette on Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:42 am

Bloody Daniel Wellington is all over ex Bach contestants, and probably a whole lot of other nobodies, although I wouldn’t know because the only nobodies I follow are ex Bach alum laugh out loud
Abbie and Britt H definitely have done sponsored posts with a discount code in the last couple of days. Was Carlin doing posts for them before he was on Bette?
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:53 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Bloody Daniel Wellington is all over ex Bach contestants, and probably a whole lot of other nobodies, although I wouldn’t know because the only nobodies I follow are ex Bach alum laugh out loud
Abbie and Britt H definitely have done sponsored posts with a discount code in the last couple of days. Was Carlin doing posts for them before he was on Bette?

Before Bette, he did a few for Hartley watches. Ali also promote Daniel Wellington all the time

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 66 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 51 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify