SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 41 of 66 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 53 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 41 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Astrobach Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:25 am

@Bobette
Maybe it’s not so much hypocritical as it is a consequence of being in the position she was judging before. It can be eye opening to suddenly have that responsibility and exposure from another standpoint. She may understand better than most what it does when comments are thrown out without any second thought and still value being kind as opposed to being unnecessarily harsh. We all learn and sometimes it takes these weird turn of events to ‘ get it’ .JMO. I’d rather she post these ‘ reminders’ comments than flat out replying and waging war to the many crazy posters ou there, which too many engage with anyway.
I’m not gonna judge her now on past behaviors until I see her act out or lash out the way she did before.
JMHO
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 41 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Genevieve Australia Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:29 am

Bobette wrote:Angie made personal negative, hurtful comments often.  She called Dave Hughes "one of the ugliest people I've ever seen", and she and Yvie described Luke from Sophie's season as "special needs George Clooney", to name a couple of examples which come to mind.

On Gogglebox Angie and Yvie were known for being the funny, snarky, bitchy girls, IMO.  That's how she got 'famous', and IMO why she was cast as Lead.  For her to now turn around and expect others to only say kind things to her is hypocritical and unrealistic, IMO.

IMO Angie may need to accept that what goes around comes around and people will have opinions - just like she did in the past - and I'd suggest disabling SM comments might be a better approach than shaming/lecturing people, which is only adding fuel to the fire, IMO.

I watched Gogglebox just a few times, usually while we were doing something else, it was not a show that we enjoyed. We did see Angie and her overbearing friend, and even though I like Carlin and Angie together, I agree with your observations and that what Angie and Ivie did constantly was using extreme epithets to refer to those they watched on TV. That  is why at home we didn't like Angie; in fact we found her incredibly annoying, disrespectful, and rather ordinary, and I would not have watched her season of The Bachelorette had I not been told by my friends that their friend Carlin was going to be there.  I can therefore understand your point.

IMO, there is the chance that Angie may have changed and she may now be a very different person, a better person, so if that happened then good because life is a learning curve. If this is the case, IMO she should then write a post acknowledging what was wrong with her past behaviour and mentioning that now that she is been criticised by outsiders she sees how inadequate were her comments  during her Gogglebox 'era'; that would come across much better IMO, it would be less hypocritical and will show humility IMO

'You are always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.' - Diane Von Furstenberg Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 41 1176891977
Genevieve Australia
Genevieve Australia

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by rosefun Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:18 pm

Bobette wrote:Classic Angie hypocrisy here IMO - criticising viewers for judging "people on TV" (i.e. herself and Carlin) even though she literally did the exact same thing on Gogglebox.  

And she was often NOT kind to the people she was critiquing - in fact she was known for her lack of filter and bitchy quips.  She can dish it out but can't take it, IMO.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 41 WiROu0A

Source

And this.  She presumably wanted people to be invested in her season, but then laughs and mocks them when they are?  Rude.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 41 Q6SWt6P

Source

Angie is a total hypocrite!
Also somewhat of an insult to people’s intelligence imo.
Does she really think that people are so ignorant that they don’t know of her many nasty and judgemental comments both on twitter, Gogglebox, and her description of f2 on the show.

Also an insult to all the kind people to suggest that she is kind imo.

I can’t believe she is even trying the cry baby act preaching kindness now because she doesn’t like receiving what she so happily serves out when it suits her needs. She’s become a joke and it’s all a touch off imo
rosefun
rosefun

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:56 pm

Why should Angie refrain from calling out people on their negative comments? Her social media, her choice imo. It’s not like she’s the only person on social media to respond to hate. Why should she be any different?
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:01 pm

sprout wrote:Why should Angie refrain from calling out people on their negative comments? Her social media, her choice imo. It’s not like she’s the only person on social media to respond to hate. Why should she be any different?
JMO

I think that there is a difference between comments made directly on a person's social media, and comments made in another forum (such as a literal forum like this one, and on a TV show like gogglebox) where that person can choose whether or not they want hear or read the comments. So there is a distinction to be made there. But Angie being holier than thou about snark when she dished out plenty of her own for years is a bit two-faced. If she coupled it with some kind of apology for the times she said outright mean things on the show (examples of which people have shared in this thread), and said she's changed as a person since then, that would also be different.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:20 pm

Angie and Carlin are happy together. To continually read negative articles and comments about their relationship would be hard to take. Angie chose Carlin and people need to accept that. Angie was known to speak her mind before she became the bachelorette and people loved her for it. But not anymore.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:08 am

How's this for irony: A tweet by Angie and Yvie, responding to a viewer who accused them of being judgmental, to which their defence is, it's OK because the viewer is doing the same, by judging them.  So which is it then Angie, is it OK to judge people on TV, or not OK?  Or is it only OK when you are doing the judging, but suddenly not OK when you are the one being judged...  no idea

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 41 2FwFj33

Source

At the start of the season Angie said something like, "Yvie and I watched this show for years on GB and now people can sit on their couch and throw shade at me".  Well, they are.  If she's realised it's not nice to be on the receiving end of snark then good - I don't imagine it is - but even if she has that doesn't give her the right to moralise, lecture and shame viewers IMO.  

Carlin is a different situation IMO.  Despite his OTT marketing/self promotion and questionable SM follows, I do think he is a "nice" guy.  In fact I could imagine him being quite uncomfortable with some of the things Angie has said and done on public record.  Maybe that's part of why she is apparently now trying to rebrand herself as someone who champions kindness. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Bobette on Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:36 am

Storybook wrote:Angie and Carlin are happy together. To continually read negative articles and comments about their relationship would be hard to take. Angie chose Carlin and people need to accept that. Angie was known to speak her mind before she became the bachelorette and people loved her for it. But not anymore.
Well said and IA. I don’t understand the negativity when all that Angie and Carlin are posting is positive, loving and happy

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:43 am

FWIW Angie did apologise for the Dave Hughes comment and said she regretted saying it.  It must be hard to have stuff you said years ago continually brought up to paint you in a negative light.  I'm sure Angie is like most of us - ever changing and evolving.  I prefer to make my judgements (laugh out loud) on what is happening in the here and now.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:45 am

@Agent99 So would I

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:58 am

Any lead who goes on this show and expects everyone to be sunshine and the rainbows about their choice needs to get their head checked. Admittedly some F1's get better edits than Carlin (Anna, Chelsie) but some get worse (Alexnation).

IMO it must be very disappointing for the final couple when the F2 gets a better edit than the F1 because it does lead to situations like this where public sentiment is split and there are a lot of negative articles, but all they need to do is ignore them, it doesn't matter what the public says or thinks if you are strong in your relationship. All JMO.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:12 am

I think Angie really should just ignore it. The best "revenge" on the comments would be her and Carlin lasting as a relationship. Also, when BiP starts she'll pretty much be forgotten anyway, and nobody will still want her with Timm or Ciarran once they watch them in the BiP environment.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 66 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 53 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify