SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 42 of 66 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 42 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Vjeff Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:25 am

I don't understand this whole concept of choosing to go into the spotlight and becoming a celebrity and only wanting the good and none of the bad. Angie worked in TV for years and she knows what comes with celebrity - the $$ and the cushy lifestyle aren't for free. No one 'needs' to accept anything. Once you put yourself up for public discussion you either deal with both sides of the conversation or put your Insta on private and just be happy with Carlin privately - fine if it was genuinely about finding love, which we all know the Bachelor/ette is not.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 42 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by sprout Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:55 am

Storybook wrote:Angie and Carlin are happy together. To continually read negative articles and comments about their relationship would be hard to take. Angie chose Carlin and people need to accept that. Angie was known to speak her mind before she became the bachelorette and people loved her for it. But not anymore.

Exactly. *edited*. Angie was never going to choose anyone other than Carlin imo and holding onto something that was never going to happen is just unhealthy imo. She has every right to respond to comments made by people who are unable to accept that their favourite was not chosen!

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : specify who is being referred to members or SM)
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:29 am

Vjeff wrote:...snipped
Once you put yourself up for public discussion you either deal with both sides of the conversation or put your Insta on private and just be happy with Carlin privately - fine if it was genuinely about finding love, which we all know the Bachelor/ette is not.

Now that I would like to see.  laugh out loud Making their SMs private is the one thing that might actually convince me this relationship is anything other than a mutually-beneficial marketing tool.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:06 pm

**edited**  Everything that’s been shown so from Angie and Carlin is that they are together and happy and spending as much time together as is possible in a long distance relationship.   I’m enjoying watching them and to me nothing looks fake.   No-one knows what the future holds with any relationship.  Of course All JMO

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Specify who is being referred to Members or SM)

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:41 pm

There is literally an entire thread of facts and justification above for why I think they're not genuine - maybe the general public are picking up on the same things.

IMO a large part of it is because Angie is coming across as very different post-show to how people saw her pre-show (and even during it), which comes off as fake. 

She has IMO morphed from a funny, loudmouthed, Girl Next Door into someone indistinguishable from any number of other IMO boring, polished Influencer Couples.

And IMO it's not that people "can't get over" the fact that she didn't choose Timm or Ciarran - it's that Angie and Carlin just aren't convincing as a couple, IMO.

ETA: Here's another example.  

For Xmas, Carlin gave Angie's mum a DW watch (which was IMO comped by the company).  They both posted stories about it, tagged DW and offered discount codes.

Why not give a small, thoughtful gift - which you bought yourself - in private, rather than splash videos all over the internet for profit?  Nothing feels genuine IMO.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 42 IHszwNb

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:06 pm

Ha ha @Bobette I saw that post yesterday and thought of you laugh out loud

Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like a sponsored gift posted on both partners social media Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 42 2498057887
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:17 pm

@Dirty Street Pie 'Tis the season!  I wasn't even going to mention it (didn't want to give DW any bonus publicity laugh out loud) but if more evidence is required regarding the core nature of this relationship then I'm confident A & C will continue to provide it.  JMO
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:57 pm

Just a reminder when referring to "people" we must be clear and state specifically, Social Media, Tabloids, comments seen in an IG or who ever is being referred to. If it is a general statement then I don't know if the post is referring to member's post, which is not allowed according to our rules.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Vjeff Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:08 am

Bobette wrote:There is literally an entire thread of facts and justification above for why I think they're not genuine - maybe the general public are picking up on the same things.

IMO a large part of it is because Angie is coming across as very different post-show to how people saw her pre-show (and even during it), which comes off as fake. 

She has IMO morphed from a funny, loudmouthed, Girl Next Door into someone indistinguishable from any number of other IMO boring, polished Influencer Couples.

And IMO it's not that people "can't get over" the fact that she didn't choose Timm or Ciarran - it's that Angie and Carlin just aren't convincing as a couple, IMO.

ETA: Here's another example.  

For Xmas, Carlin gave Angie's mum a DW watch (which was IMO comped by the company).  They both posted stories about it, tagged DW and offered discount codes.

Why not give a small, thoughtful gift - which you bought yourself - in private, rather than splash videos all over the internet for profit?  Nothing feels genuine IMO.

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 42 IHszwNb

Source

WHAT laugh out loud. That is too much. I don't follow either of them because I don't want to give them the attention so I'm very grateful for your posts here Bobette. It is interesting; even though Jackson's dad definitely does not associate with the most wholesome crowd, he obviously saw right through her immediately IMO. When hometowns aired people were saying he was being harsh etc but I imagine he has just seen his son with many carbon copy influencers and knew this woman was no different to any of them, no matter how much she may think she is...JMO.
Vjeff
Vjeff

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:52 am

Well at least Carlin's management assured fans he won't be shilling any god awful teeth whitening products.  

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 42 7MuzrtP

Source

Hmmm....

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion  - Page 42 HkU8Aoi

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:11 am

I’m very confused how the marketing/shilling opportunities are facts that this relationship is not genuine. IMO, it is misleading to present such actions as facts as this is no way proof of the status of their relationship.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:39 am

Fact: The screenshots on this page upthread are things which Angie and Carlin have posted in the past week.   They are full of marketing.  Even Carlin's gift to Angie's mother was for promotional purposes.

Fact: Angie is a TV "personality" with a book to promote and no current job that I know of, and Carlin is an aspiring actor, model and influencer, who's own brother revealed he went on the show seeking fame.

Fact: They have admitted in interviews to fighting, bickered on camera during TV appearances (HYBPA and Studio 10) and their IGs remain predominantly about themselves, and the products they're trying to flog.

From these facts I draw my opinion that the core foundation of this relationship is a shared desire for publicity and money-making opportunities and, in any other non-Bette scenario, they would not be together.  

That, to me, is faking it.  If others look at this same set of facts and see a genuine couple in love then fine!  no idea

I'm not looking to change anyone's mind - just posting it as I see it.  I even pop over to the Fan thread every now and then in case there's some revelation I've missed but it's dead (one post in the past month).
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 66 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Carlin Sterritt - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+32
Enough
ReneeM
Emayem
Valancy
stopperify