SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Astrobach Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:18 pm

Dutchy23 wrote:I'm sorry, but I think you are all overreacting. Someone with COVID wouldn't be at a pool party to begin with. Why would you wear a mask in a pool or inside a house? To me the house looks big enough to not be crowded.
Outside there's not much chance of being infected. Only crowded places without proper ventilation are a real risk.
In my country we only have to wear masks in public transfer, nowhere else.
We can have parties again and funerals, all without kissing and giving hands.

I don't see why all of a sudden Matt and Tyler are being crucified.

I agree and am sad that not more people can see the amount of misinformation and wrong data - Florida was just busted for having reported wrong numbers and percentage of positive cases - which is due to a major testing campaign- but the damage is done and people get scared by the amount of TESTS done instead of the actual hospitalization and death rates, which are very low. Today, at 360,386 ‘positive ‘ cases and 5945 deaths, it makes it at a 0.014 rate which is way lower than many seasonal flu epidemic we’ve seen. Also, the ‘ tests’ are known to be very unreliable to detect actual Covid 19, it’s a RNA test that detect RNA information that is present in a lot of various virus and Coronavirus. That’s why many are asymptomatic, because they have had a cold or a respiratory illness weeks or months ago and still have the RNA present in their body. You CANNOT pass on a disease you don’t have symptoms for, ( or extremely rarely’ )even the WHO clarified that myth.
As you mentioned, in the outdoors, the coefficient of transmission is very low, as pretty much any virus but this one in particular is not able to survive long in the heat and humidity of Southern Florida. Plus, at this point the virus has mutated at least 30 times and is weakening as it goes around which is also what usually is characteristic of these pathogens.
So, I ask why making these guys the target of hate and scorn, they are living their lives and are not putting lives at risk by having a gathering of young healthy people in the fresh air, sun and water. Those who are there choose to be there. There are entire countries that did not follow ANY of these rules and are doing better than we are so let’s keep a perspective here.
JMOAA

Last edited by Astrobach on Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor 25 - Matt James - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by sdmom Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:30 pm

I don’t want to turn thread into a COViD 19 debate, but IMO, death and hospitalization are lagging indicators. Let’s check in a couple of month to see if the death rate is still low. Also, many hospitals in many US states are over their capacities and crowded, the health care stuff is exhausted and overwhelmed.
Even if people recover, there may be long term effects on their health.

I don’t hate Matt or/and Tyler. I wish they’d be more careful and take this more seriously though.

All Jmo.

Stay healthy you’ll!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:25 pm

I don't hate Matt or Tyler. I just don't think it looks very good, though. Matt has already been named the Bachelor -- his behavior is going to be scrutinized. It's a little naive to think otherwise. I have barely gotten to see most of my friends and family members since March and I wear a mask when I am in public. They come in contact with new people on a continual basis and haven't socially distanced at all during this pandemic. This is not a one time let them have fun type of party -- they have been doing this (possibly on a slightly smaller scale) for 4 months. I don't believe that people in the public eye should be given a "pass" just because they are public figures.

Some people may already be questioning whether Matt is becoming the Bachelor for the "right reasons -- this is definitely giving some people more reason to question this. I truly hope that Matt is serious about wanting to find the right relationship in the Bachelor process and possibly settle down, but as of now I definitely have my doubts. All JMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:42 pm

@suzq I don't care who the lead is, IMO none of them start solely wanting relationship/marriage as their priority. If it happens, some are more open to it than others, but I wouldn't bet my money as that being on the top of their list for doing this show.

Matt may actually have more to gain from doing this show than most. He is the first black male lead. TPTB will be touting that all over the place as soon as they are done with Clare. At this time of BLM he will have a ton of media attention and will be meeting a lot of people who could help him with the charity he is involved with, but also with any business aspirations he may have. He is young, well educated, good looking, articulate, has a career he may or may not want to continue with. If he handles himself well, the world will be his oyster. If he ends up with a relationship, that will be the cherry on top...even if it is for a short period of time.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:06 pm

@Sprite I know that a lot of Bachelors coming on the show do not have a lasting relationship as their highest priority. I am grateful if that even makes it on the list of what they would like to get from the show. I think the show could be very good for Matt IF he plays his cards right. Yes, he is smart, articulate and charismatic. However, alienating some part of the audience which were excited about him before the show even starts filming is probably not the best way to go. He most likely already has some viewers to win over as it is because he is the first Black Bachelor.

Honestly, I hope production tells him to lay low right now. It is not the smartest thing to think that things will not get out over social media even if they don't post about it. There were people who attended that did which was all that was needed to make it public. I do want him to have a great season and to gain from the experience including lessons/learning that come with it.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:51 pm

As of today, Florida has 53 hospitals at ICU capacity, including 8 in Miami-Dade.

I personally would have zero interest in a man who thinks that being at a crowded party right now is the proper way to conduct himself. I don't care if it's outdoors or indoors. Being at a large gathering, and especially without a mask, tells me that a man is lacking in common sense and even basic courtesy for his fellow human beings. Perhaps there are potential cast members who don't care about things like that, and IMO they all deserve each other. I'm sure that many of them will subsequently make a killing convincing their fan base that they have exciting, glamorous lives via social media.  

In my younger days, I absolutely went for men like Matt and Tyler -- good looking, charming, talented, athletic, and sociable. But there is something to be said for men that have a capacity for more mature decision-making, especially as they move into their late 20s and beyond.

I'm amazed that Colton's struggle with Covid hasn't gotten through to these guys at all. With Colton, you have a man that is likewise young, fit, and athletic, and Covid gave him a sharp kick in the rear. I remember Colton saying that he felt like his lungs were at about 20% capacity, and that it was like breathing through a straw. And people like Matt and Tyler are partying on without a care in the world.  no idea
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:32 pm

I don't want to turn this into a COVID debate either but there is no scientific fact that COVID is killed in Florida heat. Common sense and the facts are 360,000 confirmed 12,479 today 5 digit daily increase, since July, the heat isn't killing the virus.

I don't hate Tyler or Matt. I don't like anyone mingling having parties in large gatherings because there are thousands of cases of people getting infected from their children going to beaches and hanging with friends.

Their state is exploding, I would think they would set an example. I would think Matt would be more low key.

Conversely, Florida peaked around 1,200 new cases per day on average in April, only to surge again to nearly 12,000 per day in mid-July

Mid July is exactly within 14 days of July 4th celebrations where the internet was filled with beach goers not distancing or taking any precautions.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/16/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

https://www.google.com/search?q=florida+numbers+covid&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA874CA874&oq=florida+number&aqs=chrome.0.0l8.3150j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

56 Florida hospital ICUs have hit capacity
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:02 am

I don't get the younger people who don't seem to care if they get Covid-19. There was an outdoor concert not far from Dallas where they were packed in and no masks, violating 2 state mandates. It seems to be similar in Florida. I hope that the producers tell Matt to smarten up. He could get it and it could affect him badly. He doesn't know. I'd hope that he and Tyler would know better. no idea

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:53 am

According to our elimination list, we have 19 so far eliminated. If we are missing anyone, please let me know.

Remind me how many did Matt start with? TYIA

Alicia Holloway

Brittany Galvin

Carolyn Vallejo

Casandra Suarez

Corrinne Jones

Emani Curl

Illeana Pennetto

Kennedy Taylors

Kim Li

Madison Nelson

Magi Tareke

Marie Dolce

Marylynn Sienna

MJ Snyder

Nicole Rovne

Saneh Ste. Claire

Sarah Trott

Talie Lewis

Victoria Larson

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t5830-bachelor-25-matt-james-eliminations-no-discussion-sleuthing-spoilers#1474402

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:53 pm

press release about first episode. no epi thread here.

"Matt's season episode 1:  Matt James, the charismatic and engaging star of ABC’s hit romance reality series “The Bachelor,” will hand out the roses for its momentous 25th season. After meeting Matt as a prospective suitor for “The Bachelorette,” Bachelor Nation swooned when they learned he would take on the role as the lead of his own love story. Matt is the total package with strong family values, a great career, and has used his growing platform for good. His emerging legion of fans can’t wait to follow the 28-year-old real estate broker, entrepreneur and community organization founder on his journey to find love during this historic season. Although Matt hasn’t been in love before, he feels he is ready now to welcome it into his life—no matter what challenges he will face—as he starts his search for his happily ever after.  A record-breaking 32 exceptional, beautiful women have come from all over the country to leave their everyday lives behind for the opportunity to meet the accomplished, handsome heartthrob from North Carolina. The bachelorettes pull out all the stops to catch his eye. One woman causes a stir by arriving in nothing but black lingerie and asks Matt to help her pick out an outfit from a rack of clothes.  But the drama is ratcheted up when dueling ladies arrive: one in a chauffeur-driven gold Bentley, only to be upstaged by another being carried in on a throne like Cleopatra, wearing a gold crown. Behold “the Queen”!  However, nothing can stop the first blossoms of romance from blooming between Matt and the women. One who was born deaf and has a cochlear implant wins his admiration, but will she garner the coveted first impression rose?  Matt finds his first rose ceremony overwhelming, discovering it difficult to say goodbye to the women he really didn’t want to disappoint. Twenty-four hopeful bachelorettes remain to join him on his romantic adventure to find the love of his life who could be his future wife.

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor/episodes/2501-1/

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:56 pm

@seton thanks for bringing that over and getting us started on the epi threads!

Episode Threads

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:54 pm

https://art19.com/shows/bachelor-happy-hour/episodes/cc4bbfaa-b465-4700-80a9-8e248f3fd7e3

https://art19.com/shows/click-bait-with-bachelor-nation/episodes/d9226660-f3a1-4871-bb39-09befc7902f0
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 25 - Matt James - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+39
Linds911
Relalou
George1218
Norcalgal
coffeeyum