SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood & Jordan Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colton Underwood & Jordan  Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Colton Underwood & Jordan Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

Post by blueblues Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:06 am

Wow, this escalated quickly! Really sad.

When you read Colton’s IG post with Cassie’s statement in mind, it is practically a confirmation IMO. Looks like he has been dying to add a new chapter to the book and boost the sales, and now he thinks he has an excuse to do it.

A rep for Colton told E! News, "Her accusations are simply not true."
https://www.eonline.com/news/1169293/colton-underwood-says-he-s-ready-to-meet-quot-new-people-quot-after-cassie-randolph-split

That’s harsh language. They could have said “This is an unfortunate misunderstanding”. It’s also an obvious lie IMO. Colton sent his publicist to do the dirty work for him.
More importantly, he has now publicly promised to not publish that chapter. If that was the intent with Cassie’s statement it was pretty cleaver. Gotta love the new strait-shooting Cassie!

Mella13 wrote:If they agreed not to talk bubbly about the relationship, why did she agree to an interview with Chris? She is smart girl, she knows what she is doing. Even she did not say anything new, Cassie agree not to talk.  
She agreed to the interview on condition that they would not ask about Colton. And she said nothing.
She was naïve, but she is not the first to be fooled by TPTB.

All JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Colton Underwood & Jordan  Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Colton Underwood & Jordan Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:41 am

blueblues wrote:Wow, this escalated quickly! Really sad.

When you read Colton’s IG post with Cassie’s statement in mind, it is practically a confirmation IMO. Looks like he has been dying to add a new chapter to the book and boost the sales, and now he thinks he has an excuse to do it.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1169293/colton-underwood-says-he-s-ready-to-meet-quot-new-people-quot-after-cassie-randolph-split

That’s harsh language. They could have said “This is an unfortunate misunderstanding”. It’s also an obvious lie IMO. Colton sent his publicist to do the dirty work for him.
More importantly, he has now publicly promised to not publish that chapter. If that was the intent with Cassie’s statement it was pretty cleaver. Gotta love the new strait-shooting Cassie!

Mella13 wrote:If they agreed not to talk bubbly about the relationship, why did she agree to an interview with Chris? She is smart girl, she knows what she is doing. Even she did not say anything new, Cassie agree not to talk.  
She agreed to the interview on condition that they would not ask about Colton. And she said nothing.

All JMO

I agree about sending his publicist to do the dirty work, but I disagree about her being naive. First of all she saw what they did during Colton's season by dragging her dad to FD and how they manipulated everyone. She is a smart girl. Plus she specifically said in that post that she doesn't want to make enemies within the franchise or turn her back on them because of the opportunities they opened up for her. She sugar coated it by saying she will use the platform for "good", but let's face facts she will be shilling her a** off just like the rest of them.

IMO they are both thirsty, she is just not as in your face about it as Colton has been. I'm waiting for the next BIP. Let's see if tptb can persuade one or both on it. I bet tptb are salivating.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/cassierandolph/

Colton Underwood & Jordan  Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion - Page 3 A9efd010

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:33 pm

Sooner or later the story will emerge. I just hope there is minimal collateral damage.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5305

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:38 pm

@Mella13 You said, "If they agreed not to talk bubbly about the relationship, why did she agree to an interview with Chris?" This is my opinion also. Anyone that has been on the Bachelor or Bachelorette knows Chris is not going to ignore the issue of their breakup. By going on and acting afraid to say anything and yet being there- she put a bad light on Colton. Why go on the show in the first place? What did she have to gain from it? Had to be something. IMO More instagram followers?
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:48 pm

just me wrote:@Mella13 You said, "If they agreed not to talk bubbly about the relationship, why did she agree to an interview with Chris?"     This is my opinion also. Anyone that has been on the Bachelor or Bachelorette knows Chris is not going to ignore the issue of their breakup. By going on and acting afraid to say anything and yet being there- she put a bad light on Colton. Why go on the show in the first place? What did she have to gain from it? Had to be something. IMO More instagram followers?

She said exactly why...didn't want to make enemies, turn her back on the franchise which brought her so many opportunities. Cassie is thirsty for attention, instagram followers just like Colton.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:25 am

Sprite wrote:
blueblues wrote:Wow, this escalated quickly! Really sad.

All JMO

I agree about sending his publicist to do the dirty work, but I disagree about her being naive. First of all she saw what they did during Colton's season by dragging her dad to FD and how they manipulated everyone. She is a smart girl. Plus she specifically said in that post that she doesn't want to make enemies within the franchise or turn her back on them because of the opportunities they opened up for her. She sugar coated it by saying she will use the platform for "good", but let's face facts she will be shilling her a** off just like the rest of them.

IMO they are both thirsty, she is just not as in your face about it as Colton has been. I'm waiting for the next BIP. Let's see if tptb can persuade one or both on it. I bet tptb are salivating.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/cassierandolph/

Colton Underwood & Jordan  Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion - Page 3 A9efd010

Cassie. " I do not mean to create an online war. " Well, if that were true, you would not post online. Ignore and that is the end of the Story. She clearly states that neither have spoken about the relationship but then says "It seems like he is engaging in passive aggressive comments".(I am paraphrasing). Sorry Cassie, I have no idea how the term "passive aggressive" can be used and not have it come off as inflammatory, unless of course they have invented a new reality tv show called, "P.A, the way it is today."

Truth be told, we really don't know what the truth with these two is.
Not taking Colton's part here at all because I do think he needs to grow up and stop being a love sick puppy. He may have planned to write the chapter about the wonderful care and kindness extended to him by Cassie and her family during his illness and said nothing at all about what turned them from couple to uncouple. It does seem that there is a backstory that is quite stinging to both.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:42 pm

He’s a whiny, self-important brat, IMO. She has her life back and she can do with it what she pleases from He has finally lost control of her so he’s sulky and vengeful. Men in that position often are. When we saw how he behaved on both shows - especially BIP, we learned he’s emotionally about four and a half years old and so disconnected from reality that he actually expected the masses to buy his little book. 
I frankly don’t care why they broke up. I never expected her to stay with him once the novelty of trips and bennies ran dry. The thing is, she seems to believe she can continue to be important to and within the BN franchise as a solo act. That remains to be seen.
At the risk of being redundant, I’m so happy that smart, vibrant, young woman is free of him and I feel certain it’s forever. ALL IMO.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:16 pm

Time will tell if one or both of them might be on another Bachelor show. I hope they would not be on the same one if they do. I am curious if they can stay as relevant now to the Franchise and fans. I think Cassie overestimated her own importance by agreeing to talk to Chris Harrison and not expecting him to ask about the breakup. Why would he want to talk to Cassie otherwise?
I am always a little cautious when people talk about how great their friendship is and will continue to be when announcing a breakup. How does that let people move on? What do they really get out of it? I am not surprised that they are dealing with some messiness. If it is true that Colton wanted to marry Cassie, than I can see him hoping they might get back together eventually. The Chris Harrison interview probably really let him know that wasn't happening.

So, he wants his side told as the last word with some money to be made by adding another chapter to his book's ending. The fact that he did not want Cassie to have any input to me signals that she may not like and/or agree with what he wants to say. However, I don't think he has to get her permission even if it's the "nice" thing to do. I don't think Andi or Amanda got Josh's permission before they published their books.

I heard that Colton was very complimentary of Cassie in his book (didn't read it myself) and after all of this possibly didn't feel quite feel like he wanted to be as flattering to her now. I find it a little naive for them to think they would always keep the reasoning behind their breakup totally private. I hope they have learned whatever they needed to from their relationship and breakup and are both able to move forward to the lives they wish to have. All JMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:05 pm

IMO I dont think she was into him at all or at least no where near where he was with her. She gave it her best shot for 1 1/2 years and realized after all that he wasen't the one. It happens everyday people change or meet other people who they have an interest in and they move on. Could be what happened here , maybe she has her eyes set on someone else or maybe even being the Bachelorette in the future (could be why she did the interview with CH and wants to stay on their good side) I never saw her as a mountain girl or fitting in with his family but that's just how I view it from what I've seen and read. No doubt theres alot more that we don't know. JMO
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:55 pm

If I can add my two cents here on a couple that I didn’t really care for that much or follow anyway. From what I read and my impressions are, Cassie seems to be more anchored in reality more than emotionally immature Colton, and was at first hesitant to pursue a relationship with Colton, but he not only persisted, but his public grand gestures ( the infamous fence jump and what followed ) were enough to tempt her into dating him. The innate public pressure of a relationship that starts under these conditions is only one element to their dynamic. They gave it a go and it’s now known that Cassie attempted to break up already once - that we know- with Colton, who IMO very possibly, managed to convinced her to stay or be back again.

I suspect some private terms could have been negotiated to ensure he would be with her until his book was published. I believe it did play a role in the weight of their dating and because the book coincidentally came out just as Colton got diagnosed with Covid, it threw a pretty big ratchet on everything and their plan, or Cassie’s plan to be on her own, as it extended the time they were together and stuck with an uncertain health issue. I don’t doubt that Cassie cares for him and took it to heart to help him through this phase. But as soon as it was over,  it was clear that there was no more relationship priority. I do think that Cassie discussed the terms with him clearly enough but Colton, being who he is, couldn’t take that route and wanted to use anything he could for his book, and that is seen as a betrayal to Cassie.

As far as the GOAT interview, let’s not take away the huge importance of CH and his very well known manipulative ways - behind words that could be different in private- of a ‘ caring Dad surrogate’ in the BN world where he insert himself in the lives of the ex contestants in more than one over the line way. I thought Cassie was almost immediately uncomfortable with CH when he went for the Colton and her’s relationship, line of questions. Apparently they talked of other things that were not aired. Of course CH will make small talk just to put her at ease enough to blindside her with the ‘ blacklisted ‘ question.
She may have trusted him too much. She’s not the first or last to do so. She wouldn’t have posted anything on IG if Colton hadn’t started with his very weird and obvious post about her. She had to make it public to attempt her only way to  
not only diffuse any bad feelings, but clarify the terms of their separation.

I do wish them both well and doubt that Colton will actually let that go so soon, and so completely. His pride is too hurt to realize that it is for the better for both of them. Time will tell.
JMOAA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:16 am

One thing that came across disingenuous to me was Cassie's claim that she wasn't used to so public a breakup...though TB certainly reaches a far bigger audience, her relationship and eventual breakup with her college bf was the focal point of that tv series she did right before Colton's season (the title of which escapes me at the moment.)

I agree that one sentence in Colton's post was unnecessary, but I doubt that's what set off the three posts of Cassie's...there had to have been a contentious conversation between them that night. If not, then her post was like killing flies with a bomb, jmo.

Cassie is clearly an intelligent and ambitious girl, but I think both of them need to grow up. Jmo

Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutchy23 Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:37 am

Billysmom wrote:One thing that came across disingenuous to me was Cassie's claim that she wasn't used to so public a breakup...though TB certainly reaches a far bigger audience, her relationship and eventual breakup with her college bf was the focal point of that tv series she did right before Colton's season (the title of which escapes me at the moment.)

I agree that one sentence in Colton's post was unnecessary, but I doubt that's what set off the three posts of Cassie's...there had to have been a contentious conversation between them that night. If not, then her post was like killing flies with a bomb, jmo.

Cassie is clearly an intelligent and ambitious girl, but I think both of them need to grow up. Jmo

If you want to keep your personal life private, than why post a reaction like this on Instagram? Has she lost Coltons phone number all of a sudden.

Colton Underwood & Jordan  Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion - Page 3 Hollan11
Dutchy23
Dutchy23

Female Posts : 398

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood & Jordan Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

+42
Minney
frajosfanofchris
alwayscooking
Amethyst
Mia_Leoni